X-COM Season 2 Recruitment Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
[This thread is ONLY for recruiting. Please do not post anything in here unless you're applying to be a recruit.]

[PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY RECRUITS. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS WILL PROHIBIT YOU FROM JOINING THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST X-COM SQUAD IN THE GALAXY]

Hi everyone,

This will be the official recruitment thread for my X-COM Enemy Unknown Season 2 playthrough where YOU can be a big part of the action.

In X-COM, you have the ability to customize your soldiers by name. On a first come, first serve basis, I will be using the names of people who sign up below to put you in the action. I will do my best to keep you alive, but as you know, in X-COM, there can be many casualties.

Last season we had so many amazing journals. Here is a link to check them out.

http://graylinesgaming.com/index.php?threads/x-com-recruit-biographies-and-journals.231/

Last season I mentioned that the journals are optional. THIS season that will be a little bit different. I'm looking to do this as a full on role play style series. I would even like to incorporate some of the journals into the videos somehow. Since we all know the XCOM story, this is 100% about the story that you guys will create.

Here's how it works for Season 2:

1) Reply to this thread ONCE by stating the following:

First Name:
Last Name:
Reason for application to X-COM: (This is where you start your backstory. Make it count soldier!)
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

2) In the order that you have posted here, I will be using your supplied names as a new recruit for my XCOM play through. Depending on how many people sign up, you may be in the game VERY soon, or you may have to wait until someone is KIA and you're called up as a replacement.

3) I will post a new thread after the first XCOM Season 2 video is posted and that's where the journal entries will go.

4) HAVE FUN WITH IT!

PS. GRELITE will be back with some very special journal entries throughout the season :)

Scruffy

First Name: Sean
Last Name: Scruffson
Reason for application to X-COM: Just came home from Afghanistan. My fiance and my other relatives were throwing me a party the day the aliens attacked. I come home to find the streets littered with people dead and wrapped in some sort of green webbing. I bust open the door to my house to find a big head mutant with some sort of green device around his wrist. I see my brother on the floor with a smoking hole in his stomach and huddled in the corner are my parents, my sister, and fiance with our one month old baby, Locorojo, in her hands. I turn to the alien, pull out my pistol I kept and my side and aimed at the bighead. Before I shot, I blacked out. Next thing I know I see my family before my eyes get shot...by my hand. I couldn't control it. When I finally snapped out of it, I was looking at my wife with a bullet in her head and the baby screaming its ears out. I hear the bighead croak, almost laughing at me. I also hear its device warm up. Next thing I know, my brother, half dead, grabs a device from the alien's belt and presses a button while holding the alien down in a headlock. "Run!!!" he yells at me as the device starts beeping. I grab Locorojo and jump out the two story window, landing on my back, just as my apartment blows up. Once again, I black out. I wake up in what seems like a high tech airship, where a man tells me about the Xcom Project...and where to sign up.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Nukey

first name: Dennis ( please use this name ingame : Nukey)
last name : Van hauwermieren
Reason for application to X-COM: as i stood on the side line: on the first wave i hope i get in the second wave: i'm a spec ops of the Belgian Naval Warfare units, specailized in all weapons and explosives, and serveral martial arts , and i want to defend my planet against those slimy aliens

Zanza

First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Witkoski
Reason for application to X-COM: Some of my cousins were killed in the alien attacks.

First Name: William
Last Name: Davin
Reason for application to X-COM: To study and aid in the defense against the invasion. I have few family members and friends I wish to protect but if I can help save even 1 person the grief of lost loved ones, I would gladly lay down my life to do so. I'm a kind-hearted scholar by nature but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit somewhere and just screw around while these Xeno bastards try and take over our planet! Give me a weapon, tell me what to do, and I will do my best to get it done.
Note: Please use the name W. Davin instead of ShadowlessWanderer if you weren't planning to already. I dont know if the names have a limit but I think W.Davin would be easier.

Meaningofbread

First Name: Aribeth

Last Name: Dusk

Reason for application to X-COM: Born from a hippie family (Hence the odd name) she became interested in what her parents were so against. She decided to examine the Law and Order side of life before landing a job as a police officer. After saving the life of a fellow officer who had been shot by some... grey THING she performed an on-the-spot surgery. When finished, she decided her talents would be better suited for being a First Responder. Before the high profile attacks became common, she would notice that people would suddenly just...disappear. After witnessing her whole neighborhood getting abducted, she knew she could do more. Breaking off from her career as a Paramedic, she applied to the X-COM Team. She enjoys helping the group, believing that intense teamwork should always come first.

Hueyk

First Name: Huey
Last Name: Kruthas
Reason for application to X-COM: Originally a Navy Seal, my superior officer recommended me for project X-COM after the unfortunate death of the rest of my squad. While hunting down aliens, a plasma grenade landed nearby. Initially it did not go off, so my squad assumed it was a dud. They began to examine it closely trying to figure out how it worked. After that became too complicated they began playing hot potato with it and unfortunately activated it.

Luckily I was taking a leak at that time.

DeathPants

First Name: Luis Carlos
Last Name: Silva
Reason for application to X-COM: I want join because I want to join the cause, I want to make a point. I don't have a dark backstory where my parents died from aliens or some thing like that. I just want to do something with my life or die trying. I wasn't the best kid in school, I didn't have many friends and the ones I had, I made them count. My parents weren't the best, we weren't the richest but I loved them anyways. I just wishes they didn't... Well, let's just say they abandoned me. Nobody fetched me and I learned by myself in how to survive. Yes, I stole, but I was a kid trying to survive this giant wilderness. I managed to get a job when I reached 18 and stoped stealing. I didn't have to, of course. I managed to get a decent life and I joined the army. Surviving by my own helped me. So, here I am, age 22, thinking on joining an alien fighting army. I wasn't really upset that they invaded us at the beggining. But then I saw people fighting them and I started seeing why. That is why I want to join. To join the cause.

Lethbridge_Gin

First Name: Trevor
Last Name: Conan
Reason for application to X-COM: I was but a lone mercenary for hire in Canada then some man says that what if i can give you the biggest payload you ever had Trevor we need men like you for a top secret program called The X-Com Program. i say what do i kill for you and he says you will have to see and so i signed in into The X-Com Program and how i got in to the program. the man also note you will be on a team for your mission enjoy your time we will pick you up soon.

megamanx19

Firstname Megaman
Lastname X19
Reason for application to X-COM fucking basterds took my family destroyed my house and I'm an ex-marine it my duty to serve alright now let's avenge my family and kick some ailen ass.

Pledge I have on this day voluntarily enlisted myself as an elite military soldier in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself
Unconditially to the cause.I do bind myselfto conform in all instances to such rules and regulations as set forth by my supreme commander ChristiferOdd. I trust him with my life . And by taking this oath I realize I may ultimately lose my something while defending the planetary systems.My life

Kadratos

First Name: Kael
Last Name: Kessler
Reason for application to X-COM: I spent two tours in the military, but even that couldn't prepare me for the trouble on the home front. It was before sunrise on a Sunday morning when I woke up on the couch, heard screaming and went to see what it was. I ran towards a green light and locked eyes with an alien and I turned and ran home, downstairs, grabbed my gun and waited for the thing to come. I heard a noise and when I ran upstairs I saw a bullet pass through the creature's head, and realized my wife was dying on the floor. I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her in time to hear her last words "I'm sorry." We had an argument which is why I was sleeping on the couch. You see, I don't want to join X-COM for revenge or saving the world. I want to join as an apology to my wife, and to make sure that nobody else has to go through the pain that I have experienced.

Rosen0x5

First Name: Riki
Last Name: Maru
Reason for application to X-COM: A stealth assassin, born in the shadows. He runs silent and kills in a blink. He had no family, he was raised by the govorment from day 1 to the age that he is now. He has only seen hard training in the arts of stealth and cunning. He was assigned to the X-Com project as his final and hardest of challenges, will he succeed... or fail ?

Keiichi

First Name: Keiichi
Last Name: Morisato
Reason for application to X-COM: WWII Japanese soldier, abducted with his squad by aliens in 1945 during operation in Okinawa. As an only survivor of the crude "experiments" he had been put by aliens in to state of stasis for further research. His cryogenic chamber was recovered from the cargo bay of the UFO crashed in Roswell in 1947. Lack of understand of alien technology unable his awakening till creation of the X-COM. Discovered among other alien artefacts by Doctor Vahlen and returned to life thanks to her knowledge. As an "time castaway" without home and family he decided to join X-COM to show gratitude for saving his life and to revenge his old squad.

shooter1297

First Name: Mike a.k.a shooter
Last Name: White
Reason for application to X-COM: I was a Lt. in the gulf wars, I gladly fought for my country, and I will gladly do it again. I will fight alongside my fellow comrades to the death and will obey my commander blindly. I will fight to ensure that my family stays alive.

jamesbrett

First Name: Mortimer
Last Name: Lerwick
Reason for application to X-COM: Yes, I am Mortimer Lerwick of the York Lerwicks. I only have one reason for being in this terribly inadequate establishment. Money. As it always comes down to, its all about money. I WAS a rich man. Someone who wouldn't have to bother himself with such trivialities as enlistment. But my life was ruined when these...heathens befell us. The entirety of my fortune - my mansion, my mining operation, my solid gold toilet that plays Moon River whenever I use it - were destroyed in a brutal and uncivilized terror attack. So know that I am no hero. I'm not here to be "patriotic and honorable" or any of that dribble. I just want what I rightfully deserve...my paycheck. So if you please, get out of my way.

Lightshadow

First Name: Marcus
Last Name: Walker
Reason for application to X-COM: My life was fairly easy growing up. I never had many friends but the ones I did have were almost family to me. I had an older brother who never really wanted me around him and always thought he was better than me, but being the younger I was able to learn from my brother's mistakes and be more on my parents good side. My parents were not very harsh or strict. They just wanted what was best for me, and, even though what they wanted wasn't always what I wanted, I still loved them. I joined that National Guard after highschool. I don't know if anything bad has happened to my family, but I know what I am going to do about it. Which is why I am enlisting myself into the X-COM special forces, for very same reason I enlisted in the Nation Guard. I wish to protect my friends and family at all costs, even if it means my life. That is not the only reason though. It is true that there is evil in the world, but there is also good. I want to protect that good so that it survives into the coming generations. My friends and family are all that keep me going, and no matter what there is always hope. Hope to make new friends. Hope to make a new family. The hope that we can prevail against the aliens, and once more live in peace. If you give up your life without a fight, then you have ruined others lives as well. Friends and family will be devastated. The family you could have had will never exist. That is why I will make sure that if someone isn't fighting for their life, then I will. You don't ever give up your life willingly, so long as there is something to fight for. And whether you can see it or not, there is always something to fight for. That is why I wish to join X-COM. To give people that would give up a chance.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to the conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life

P

PERSONTHATISCLEVER

First Name: Nicky
Last Name: C
Reason for application: Born and raised in the south of 'merica maaaaan! enlsited after them aliens got all up in my grill. First saw a light, thought it was mah crazy ex mcbeth, stalking me again, then I yells, "BETH! Git outta here! I told ya once, I ain't inturested!" Well, turns it was actually, Beth, huh, cept I saw them aliens taking er. Thens I go out and shoo em with my baby, my love and pride 12 gauge shotgun, lovely moira! Then I figures, "Well shit, now where am I gunna git my ammos for all these nasty critters? Went to sign up fer the army, but then a couple of drinks later, I was in line for some god dang cyber future governemnt thing called X-Com, that'll do I guess.

G

goliathead

First Name: Alexey
Last Name: Medvedev
Reason for application to X-COM: Alexey Medvedev, a 19 year old Russian in the employ of the Mafia, is a military strategist and a computer software protégé. His employers, with the leverage of his captured father and government backing, have sent him to America to gain citizenship. Abysmal and broken Alexey lives in Houston, Texas looking for a way to escape his servitude, and a way to save his father’s life.
That’s when the alien bio pod crashes outside the doors of his high school.
The sectopods trundle across the lawn, cutting down the students. Plasma weapons discharge, blasting apart human bodies as if they were sacks of flour. Alexey reaches one of the sprinkler systems inside the hallways, and turns on the water to distract the aliens. An Xcom lander arrives and 4 soldiers pile out blasting laser rifles as they come.

Alexey’s chance just presented itself.

Harley Sportster

First Name: Momma
Last Name: Bear
Reason for application to X-Com

Momma Bear reporting for duty Sir! I have been in the same job with a paramilitary service for 35 years since I was 19. As far as military background goes - does Brownies and Girl Guides count? During my stint with Brownies and Girl Guides I received numerous badges of proficiency some of which include First Aid, Cooking, Sewing, Canoeing and lighting bonfires. I feel that with this experience, I would be an asset to X-Com. I have also travelled many miles on a motorcycle, throughout the states and up to Montreal to see my son and then back home to Saskatchewan. We travelled on through wind, rain, tornadoes and snow, never letting it get the best of us. Determination Commander Odd, I believe that shows true grit. Also being a soldier with X-Com is on my bucket list!

I hope that I get a chance to serve on your squad along with the other fine soldiers that you will be recruiting. I am willing to put "my life" in your hands Commander Odd.

Chase

Fname: Clarke
Lname: Allen
Reason for joining: I had always wondered what was out there in the universe. Were we alone? I had gotten the job as a field medic. I would help the National guard in the US. There was some rumors about group named X-Com . I had done some research when ifound they were hiring. After I found out about the reason for the organization I immedietly applied for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.