X-COM Recruit Biographies and Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Here is the current roster of recruits, I will add more as you sign up. I'll be getting you into missions with X-COM in the order you are listed here.

A template for your biography is at the bottom.

Please write up your BIO's/Post Mission Logs here. If you are NOT currently in a mission, you can write about life at the base, etc.

ANYTHING YOU WANT! HAVE FUN WITH IT!

• Linus
  • TehMagicToolbox
  • Grelite
  • Aberen
  • LocoRojo
  • AniCator
  • SightUp
  • Gkkiux
  • McBackstabber
  • Lars128
  • Daniel P.C.
  • Tim Foster
  • Repkam09
  • Jasper.VTH
  • Kadratos
  • HomesliceHobbes
  • DarkChaosReign
  • Rowanlol
  • Rosen0x5
  • Stu Poole
  • Waricck
  • Fashion!Batman!
  • Little Dorgan
  • Lethbridge_Gin
  • Presariov
  • Paul Liebrand
  • JeebusPlatinum
  • HerpyDurp
  • Tommy Grzywacz
  • Shooter1297
  • Raymond
  • Nukey
  • RedItchies
  • X1XNobleX1X
  • FatFloppyWhaleV4gina
  • Sarge
  • AlphaZeta
  • ParaTheNormal
  • Ramos
  • Rob Games
  • Rejes

Bio Template

Name:
Place of Birth:
Military Background:
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM:
Weapon of Choice:
Additional Background Story:

Journal/PostMissionLog Template:

XCOM Soldier Info
Name:
Current Rank:
Mission Name:
Mission Objective:
Kills This Mission:
Total Kills since joining XCOM:
Promotion?
Journal Entry: (Roleplay your character)

Daniel P. C.

Bio

Name: Daniel P. C.
Place of Birth: Lisbon, Portugal
Military Background: A mysterious, frightening soldier who'd do anything for the sake of his family and his Nation.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: A fellow comrade being stabbed to death by enemy soldiers to be later used as food.
Weapon of Choice: Combat shotgun.
Additional Background Story: Nope

LocoRojo

Bio Template

Name: Jack "Loco" Mc gurdy

Place of Birth: The Netherlands

Military Background:
Special Ops, Colonel of the 6th division of The Dutch army.

Saw his father kill his mother and himself with a butchers knife when he was 14.

Weapon of Choice:
Snipers, Hand-pistols, Knifes.

His dad was a alcoholic and his mother a whore. He wasn't a great student, the only thing he was good in was sports.
Because he didn't want up like his dad he went in the army when he was 18.
He has been a outsider since he was born. he never realy had friends and liked to be alone. This can be noticed in the fields.
He is one of the best snipers in the world with only 2 targets missed. He is qieut the serious type but can be very funny on
his own strange ways.

Journal/PostMissionLog

Not yet been send out in the fields.

Gkkiux

Name: Gkkiux
Place of Birth: XCOM Cloning Facility
Military Background: finished basic military training with above average results (rated 12/100 pts)
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: some random guy spilled my soda, hit me in the face and ran away before it was my turn to shoot. Then I decided not to use the old action points system
Weapon of Choice: sniper rifle (still can't hit shit)
Additional Background Story: After spending 5 years in a test-tube #141 I was assigned parents and lived with them in Australia for about 12 years, until last week. Then XCOM operatives came and took me away for training. Now I'm here, waiting to be assigned

Grelite

Name: Daeryd "Grelite" Viremere
Place of Birth: The Netherlands
Military Background: 2013 presented the dawn of new soldiers. When a new unit was devised to train soldiers through a set of advanced training software courses, Grelite was one of the young and eager recruits to be enlisted into the program. This unconventional method was proven a success when they were sent on a mission only a year after sign-up. Statistics showed an average of 15% significant increase of combat-readiness compared to the regular soldier. Not all took to the program as good as others, but Grelite ended up in the top-batch. Because of this he was selected for the mysterious X-COM project.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: When a clever recruit managed to hack the combat simulation room, Grelite and his squad were forced to fight a squad of nigh-invincible naked lumberjacks.
Weapon of Choice: His mind.
Additional Background Story: As a young lad he was always taking charge. His insight and outspokenness had brought him to lead his team at his local basketball club. He did well in school and loved to explore the unknown. When in 2013 he was selected to join a new experimental program, he was first in line and ready to go to battle.

Rosen0x5

Bio Template

Name: Rosen0x5
Place of Birth: Bulgaria/Ruse

Military Background: 10 Years serving Bulgarian Special Ops. in Recon Teams.

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: On my first mission with my... former Recon Team, i was given the job of scouting ahead of our newly esablished camp and report if enemy troops knew of our location. As i made my rounds i returned reporting that all was clear, untill i noticed my radio was missing, i didnt worry about it at first. A few hours later, our base camp was ambushed by APCs, packed full with malitia. Luckily i was not in the main tent at that time,i was in a bush as we did not have toilets, but my squad... their heads were sawed off with a chainsaw as i stood and watched in that bush. I sat there untill everyone had left,all night long.

Weapon of Choice: Combat Rifles.

Additional Background Story: Born in a rich family, never really liked it. Boring and dull, against my parents will i joined the millitary at the age of 20. I managed to convince the General to keep me undercover from my parents by beating him at the shooting range at pretty much every weapon he chose. He thought i had potential, so i was enlisted in the Special Ops. devision. Heh... if only he knew how wrong he was... sorry.. Alpha.

Paul Liebrand

Name: Paul "Wraiith" Liebrand
Place of Birth: Los Angeles
Military Background: SWAT, Special Ops
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Witnessed entire family murdered
Weapon of Choice: Assault Rifle
Additional Background Story: Grew up with a loving family as the middle child. Straight "A" student and public volunteer. Joined the police force at a young age, graduated top of his class and quickly moved through the ranks to ultimately landed up in a Special Ops team. One day while on a mission, he was talking to his Father, Mother, and two brothers over Skype and he witnessed a strange alien like creature entire their home and murder them in cold blood. He swore never to let it happen again to any other family and joined a secret government program formed to protect the Earth.

AniCator

Name
David Dyte

Place of Birth
Indianapolis

Military Background
Jack of all trades. Ended up studying at the Marian University and graduated. He’s a proper doctor and got into the military a few months after graduating. He knows his weapons but he prefers being tactical and thinking everything through before resorting to violence. His squad mates were always glad to see him pop around the corner when they were wounded. Man's best friend. His old squad mate's nicknamed him 'Lab' because of how eager he was when it came to helping other members of the team and because of his intelligence.

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM
While David and one of his squad mates that he had known since he was 17, were hiding behind a wall for cover an attack dog ran towards them and tore his squad mate’s limbs off. His mate was slowly bleeding out. David tried to stop the bleeding as quickly as possible. Reminding his friend of all the things he'd leave behind, begging him to hold on. As he was trying to stop his bleeding his friend was fading. David couldn't stop the bleeding in time and carried him back to their dropship.

Weapon of Choice
Laser Pistol and Plasma Light Rifle.

Additional Background Story
David was born in Indianapolis, his parents were very protective of him but at the age of 16 he decided he wanted to study biology and medicine. He also loved coming up with solutions to logical issues. At the age of 22 he became very popular around his friends, known for being a great friend and a combination of a family man and an amazing party guy. He’s always been up for a bit of a conversation and knows how to impress the ladies.

jasper.vth

Bio Template

Name: Jasper.vth

Place of Birth:Flanders (Belgium)

Military Background: I was a scientist at a secret laboratory, we were charged by the governement with searching ways to get into contact with other dimensions. But something went horribly wrong (I f*cked up, bad) and everything went BOOM, other dimensional creatures everywhere... The only thing I had, was a crowbar. And it was here that I learned that I had a gift to immediately know how to use every possible weapon, I was born for combat... It was a horrible experience, especially because every other human being I came across was totaly retarded or tried to shoot me. But I made it out after a bloody long time...
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: I once fought together with a guy, he got shot in the knee... I had to carry him the rest of the way and the only thing he said was "I used to be a badass like you, but than I took a bullet to the knee" And I was like "Yeah I know man, I was there with you". But he kept repeating it every five minutes... So I shot him in the arm to change the sentence a bit. I made it out of there with him... Heared he's a policeman nowadays...

Weapon of Choice: Sniperrifle (prefer crowbar in close combat situations)

Additional Background Story:Like I said, I was a scientist in a secret laboratory filled with morrons, worked there for a couple of years never to late except once. I loved working there, but it wasn't possible anymore because of the accident (see Military background). I also like smashing every mug I come across, very satisfying.

Waricck

Name: Waricck Svenska
Place of Birth: Denmark
Military Background: Four tours with PMCs in Afghanistan
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Families dieing in eachother's arms in artillery fire. It was due to this he quit to spend more time with his own.
Weapon of Choice: Light Machine Gun
Additional Background Story: Standing 6 5" and with the strength to match, Waricck was always good at fighting, whether it was scraps in the school playground, amateur boxing or later joining with a PMC. Jokes amongst his friends of being the 'Viking' of the area always made him smile. After finishing school in his home town of Copenhagen, Waricck served four tours in Afghanistan before quitting to see his family more. Six months off the job and the government was encouraging him to sign up for the shadowy 'XCOM' project.

Linus

Name: Linus
Place of Birth: The streets
Military Background: Killed over 200 Al-Qaeda terrorist in a single battle during his time in the Navy SEALS.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Saw a terrorist call a puppy a "barking little bitch", has never been the same since.
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun
Additional Background Story: The very definition of a humble beginning, Linus' life started on the rough streets of America. He never met his birth parents, and his childhood was a nightmare. He got involved in a youth gang called the 'We Don't Give No Fucks squad', and lived a life of crime. Got arrested approximately 24 times for armed robbery and murder. After his last arrest, he got a choice: death penalty or join the XCOM program. The choice was simple. Now that he's joined the XCOM program, he's somewhat of a lone wolf, never warming up to the other recruits and always going out of his way to stay away from the rest of the squad, under the pretense of "flanking the enemy, bro". He's always had an obsession with knifes and other sharp objects with which he likes stabbing people, which is why XCOM prohibited all recruits from using combat knives. Isn't sure of anything in his life, except for his death quote: "YOLOSWAG DON'T GIVE NO FUCKS!"

Aberen

Name
Niklas 'Aberen' Horn

Place of Birth
Denmark

Military Background
Worked as a Test Pilot for various 'undisclosed bases' in the Nevada dessert

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM
Got my co-pilot and best friend killed on the first week in the field.

Weapon of Choice
Combat Rifles, Pistols

Additional Background Story
A bit of a hothead, but quick on his feet. Left Denmark to pursue a pilot career in the US by the age of 21.
He always dreamed to be the first man to leave earth in a 'space plane' Boy did that dream go on hold.

LittleDorgan

Name:
Little "Master Gunny" Dorgan

Place of Birth:
Belfast, Ireland

Military Background:
Marine, Master Gunnery Sergeant

It was the year they took over. I was only 9 years old. The sightings on the news had everyone in a nervous stir. I was laying awake when I heard them coming. I ran downstairs and hid in the closet and watched as they tore my parents apart, limb for limb. My father tried fighting them off with a crowbar but the aliens won the battle. There was blood everywhere. After coming out of hiding once they had left I had to pick up what was left and bury them.

Weapon of Choice:
Colt Canada / Diemaco C7

I never was a violent person. Before the invasion I had an infectious laugh. I rarely laugh any more. My intellect has brought me up in the ranks but sometimes I wish I was still a grunt. I've had to see so many kids die... I think the only reason I've managed to survive to this point is my steady hand, and observent nature. I'm a sniper, and often travel alone. But I will never get used to what I see in the scope once I've hit the trigger.

Journal/PostMissionLog Template:
Last night was cold, and everyone was quiet as we ate dinner. It was meager, rations are running low. When we had finished it seemed no one was satiated and all were moving slowly, weak. I don't know how we're going to continue....

Stu Poole

Name: Stuart Poole

Place of Birth: Triangle, Zimbabwe.

Military Background: I fought in the resistance against Mugabe and was the assassin that shot Robert Mugabe between the eyes.

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: My entire family and whole farming community was wiped out in a raid lead by one of Mugabe's war tribes. They were all hung, drawn and quartered then thrown onto pikes in display as a show of power. All I could do was watch through a 7.0x scope from atop a baobab tree. My emotions are now deadened and gore is the last thing I will be put off by.

Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle

Additional Background Story: I was orphaned at the age of 14 and spent the rest of my life hunting to survive. I was found by the resistance and I was then trained to become an assassin byt hte age of 18. I developed exceptional skills with a sniper rifle. Since then I have had A large amount of experience in battle. I have never served in a fully equipped military instance and X-Com will be the first time I get to use a modern, powerful and accurate weapon.

RedItchies

Name: Hank Redwood

Place of Birth: Northern Australia

Military Background: Very little, in fact the only reason he enlisted in the Army in the first place was because he had a nasty bout of the squirts, rushed into the nearest building intending to use the shitter only to find out that it was a recruiting station where he was told that he could only use the bathroom if he agreed to join the Australian Army. He only just made it through Australian Army Reserve training (28 days of training, compared to the full 80 days that are required for members of the Australian Regular Army) before shit hit the fan, which has left him woefully unprepared compared to most of the other Australian soldiers. He was signed up to XCOM on a technicality and honestly it'll be a miracle if he makes it through his first mission alive.

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Not so much a battle as it was a pub brawl where he saw some poor bastard get glassed with a jar of vegemite. He hasn't even been able to look at the stuff since.

Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifles, because they keep him away from the bulk of the combat.

Additional Background Story: He's always been a bit of an underachiever. Before joining XCOM the closest thing he'd ever experienced to real combat was running from an angry bulldog after he'd unchained it on a dare.

Tommy Grzywacz

Bio Template

Name:
Skyheart Masterson
Place of Birth:
Canada
Military Background:
Worked in the Canadian Armed Forces
An insane doctor who "enjoyed" his job a bit too much.
Weapon of Choice:
Handgun, Assault Rifle
A man who always takes things lightheartedly. Neither death nor military training change his disposition.
Initially wanted to go into law enforcement to uphold the peace. Was later interested in becoming part of the armed forces in order to protect his country from outside threats. This way he could uphold peace and serve his country in an even more respectable matter.

ParatheNormal

Bio

Name: Perry Norman
Place of Birth: United States
Military Background: Worked in the US Coast Guard as a sniper, occasionally medic
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Found a vessel with the decomposing bodies of its crew. The smell was awful.
Weapon of Choice: Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle
Additional Background Story: He only speaks if he feels something needs to be said. Other than that and updating his post mission log he doesn't talk much. He's also one of the few X-Com soldier to come from the Coast Guard seeing as how the rest of the Coast Guard is busy trying to guard the US from an alien attack.

Kadratos

Name: Kadratos
Place of Birth: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Military Background: Kadratos was part of the Royal Saudi Army before enlisting into XCOM, she has been in hundreds of operations but most have been classified. Once the aliens arrived Kadratos started to fight them in Saudi Arabia but realized that they didn't have the advanced equipment that she would need to beat them.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: At the beginning of the invasion, a group of thin men burst into her parents house and killed her entire family before she was able to stop them.
Weapon of Choice: TBD
Additional Background Story: Kadratos is looking forward to stopping the aliens but can't shake the image of seeing people she cares about being killed in front of her. No matter what the cost, the aliens must be stopped so nobody else has to go through that.

Rejes

Bio Template

Name:Rejes "Lockdown" Eriksson
Place of Birth: Sweden
Military Background: Swedish Army (not many wars)
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Bank robbers started slaughtering civilians i was there,shot a dude (had licens) got hit.
Weapon of Choice:Shotgun gonna be heavy :) ,i hope
Additional Background Story: Moved to america when i was 27, got a weapon licens.

Name: Jesse Cooper
Place of Birth: Bloomington, Minnesota
Military Background: reserve member of SEAL Team 1 until 2010, private military contractor until XCOM activation
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: I was hired by Uncle Sam in the summer of 2010 for whoppin' 80 grand to go pick up some CIA spooks from Val Verde. It seemed to be another South American VIP baby-sittin' job but with a nice payroll, so I gladly hopped the nearest ride down south and trekked through the jungle to the rendezvous point. Boy, was I in for a surprise. The whole camp was ash, the smell of burnt flesh was everywhere, and the VIPs were hanging from trees with with all their skin ripped off. The rest of the corpses were all mangled beyond belief: a lot of them were half melted, others had bones missing, and some had their chest ripped outward, as if they were torn apart from the inside. I high-tailed it out of there as soon as I could and never looked back. Thinkin' back on it, I'd say it was aliens.
Weapon of Choice: M134, any heavy weapons
Additional Background Story: Grew up on a farm in Minnesota, loved huntin' with my gramps and school was boring as shit, so I decided to join the military. I signed up for the SEALs and passed. It was heaps of fun, but I didn't like being shoved around by all the Corporal Hard-Asses in the military, so I quit and went private, doin' mainly big-wig security gigs and the occasional shake-down and torture job.

Status
Not open for further replies.