Raised the ship up!
Grelite did do,
He died for us all,
For me and for you.

King of the scope,
Lord of the skies,
Protector of all,
So all would not die.

I'd like to thank all of you for this wonderful experience I've had role-playing. I've never done anything like this before and it's a honour to have worked with you all for so long to create something that is entertaining. Also, a massive thank you from me goes to Chris for organising this whole thing. I don't think I will be participating in series 2, but I look forward to seeing the stories that will unfold.

Lethbridge_Gin

I am very thankful for doing this each week and i had a wonderful experience. I tried my best at role playing to the best of my hard work i had a lot of fun i am thinking for getting into season 2 and getting more ideas for a new storyline for season 2. I look forward to seeing new stories to be told about.
See ya Soon in Season 2.

Rosen0x5

Name: Rosen0x5 "Moose"
Former Rank: Colonel (Uninformed Resignation)
Mission Name: Operation Avenger
Mission Objective:
-Force entry to the Temple Ship's bridge.
-The volunteer must sirvive.
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Journal Entry:

The war... is over. And we won... some won, some lost. I lost.... my humanity. I am nothing more than a weapon, a weapon designed to kill without second thought. This mission... the last mission was my chance of salvation, i was left to live as a monstrosity, an outcast... an alien. While Grelite died a hero, he will be remembered as a savior, a symbol of hope, a god. I will be remembered as a mutant, something that roams the nights preying on poor souls as i have no intentions on continuing my millitary career. I have nowhere to go, all my loved ones died as a resault of the invasion... society has no place for my kind.

This will be my last and final entry as i walk into the darkness, the night stars lighting my path ahead. I will walk untill my legs can no longer bear me, untill i can be forgotten for what i have become, for what i have been made.

I do not fear the dark path for soon i will not be alone.. Repkam, Daniel, Linus, Aberen, Kadratos, Toolbox, Foster, Rowanlol, Lars, Homeslice, Gkkuix, Lethbridge... ill be happy to see you all again. Mostly Grelite for he was the only one to know what its like to be... different.

People laughed at him for being different... i laugh at them for being all the same.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thats how my characters story ends, i would like to thank everyone who contributed to this incerdible story driven project. I had a lot of fun making up stories as Chris played. Also thank you Chris for making all of this possible. I would really like to be back in Season 2, but i dont know how things will be planned out. Special thanks to Grelite, Waricck, Lethbridge_Gin and Presariov for posting so frequently and allowing our stories to interact with eachother.

Grelite

XCOM-Ep30-EarthBlackHole-Thumb.png

Sacrifice. We have all sacrificed so much to keep ourselves standing. When faced with extinction, all becomes a viable means of survival. In the past eight and a half months humanity has gone to every extent to keep itself alive against an ever increasing threat. Though our enemy was merciless, we too took no notion to morality when dealing with these hostilities. Forced to choose to save one, but not another, just to gain a strategic advantage, just to give us time to strike back. And were it not for those who sacrificed themselves to save others, we might not be here today.

Yet, those who invaded us were also here for survival. Cast out from their homes, forced to find a means of living elsewhere. Burdened by their 'Gift', they were forced to extract the very essence that sustained them from others. They sacrificed their morals long ago to survive. To survive by any means whatsoever. Now that they are gone, however, what will become of us? Are we doomed to throw away our beliefs to sustain ourselves?

They recognized we were different, that we accomplished something they could not. When our existence was threatened, we were united as human beings, setting aside our differences to defeat our foes. It was when we worked together that we achieved greatness and uplifted ourselves as a species. Through a co-operative effort and selfless sacrifice, we fought for more than ourselves. With the destruction of the alien threat, mankind has spared not only itself, but any other species elsewhere from their devastating war.

In the end, all that we disliked, disapproved of, or simply pointed at and laughed seemed petty squabble. They were from simpler times, a time I now will never see again. Small things like that are what I missed when I charged across the battlefield. A time in which you could argue about which game is better, or why your sports-team is awful and mine is better. To think of those times now makes me smile. And knowing others will have a chance at them... Well, that is the reason I am standing here right now.

I was the very first to kill an alien and have seen those who stood beside me that day lifted into their graves. The names on the memorial bring me a mixed feeling of guilt and pride. Guilt that they could not be saved. And pride that I could stand alongside the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice. I hope that I have been able to inspire my fellow soldiers as much as they inspired me, that those I taught and those who followed me into battle can share my pride. For I am proud to have served with them, a man could not ask for a better team.

As I raised that ship above the clouds and saw that blue sphere beneath me, how could I but feel humility. Everything and everyone I know and fight for are beneath me. They got me this far, now it is time for me to finish it, for them. Not for glory; I will not be around to see how they remember me. Not for revenge. I do this for everyone I have known and everyone I will not. I will go knowing that my sacrifice saved our planet, so we may live another day. I will go knowing that humanity will survive.

XCOM-Ep30-SkyrangerFinal.png

Grelite

This was an amazing experience, and am so grateful that I got to be in the spotlight from beginning till the end, I could not have asked for a better outcome. I hope that my writing serves justice to the epic tale Christopher brought my soldier into.

Thank you to everyone who took part in this, I enjoyed everyone's writing thoroughly, you guys are amazing. I cannot wait for season 2, where I hope to see some new faces make their way to the top. Or perhaps see some of the less seen faces make their way into the spotlight.

svenska

Name: Svenska
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: Operation Avenger
Mission Objective: Save earth
Kills This Mission: none
Total Kills since joining XCOM: none
Promotion: none
Journal Entry:
This is the end. I knew this as i walked Grelite down the hall to the gollop chamber. As we waited at the door i clapped him on the back and said "good luck friend." We silently waited until he had activated the device.

Later that night we all had a final drink before the mission. Grelite had a different look about him. Like he knew something the rest of us didn't. I decided to talk to him later when we were in private. I don't know what but something felt wrong. Actually, felt is the wrong word, i wasn't feeling anything. When someone told an amazing joke i didn't laugh, when someone made fun of me for missing a shot in billards i didn't feel angry, when everyone started celebrating that we were finally winning i didn't feel happy, and when we stood by the memorial and someone said an inspiring heartbreaking speech i didn't shed a tear. I felt like a shell. An emotionless cold shell.

Later that night i tried talking to Grelite but he said that it was complicated and that i shouldn't worry. I didn't care about how that was a blatant lie, what i did care about was that i had left my phone in the bar and i knew i wasn't getting sleep anytime soon. I gave him a terse goodbye and left.

So at 3am i found myself in the bar, searching for my phone in the dim light. I didn't jump out of my skin as i normally would as someone opened the door. It was Rosen, he went behind the bar and picked up a beer, He barely even acknowloged me.

I sat down beside him and muttered, "Hej." "Hey." He muttered back. i nodded my head at a bottle of vodka and he handed it to me. After a quick gulp i put it down and started coughing. He gave a small chuckle and went back to his own drink.

We sat in a strange, comfortable silence that neither of us seemed to have wanted to break. As i stood up to leave after finishing more than half of the bottle, i slung an arm around his shoulder and said, "Whatever's got you hanging out at the bar at 3 in the morning, i'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Besides if you ever need to talk just give good old svenska a call." I smirked and he gave a small awkward smile back. When i got back to my and Grelite's room and laid down in my bed, i laughed as i realized i had forgotten about my phone.

------------------------------------------

A few hours later we waved goodbye to the squad going on the final mission, i got the following goodbyes: From Jasper and Mcbackstabber i was completely ignored, Loco gave everyone a wave, Presariov gave me a playful punch on the arm and a nervous laugh, Grelite shook my hand but i couldn't tell what facial expression he was wearing because of his helmet, and Rosen gave me a small nod and a smirk.

--------------------------------------------

When they returned jasper was on a stretcher, Presariov was in a wheelchair, Loco, Mcbackstabber, and Rosen were more or less fine. But Grelite wasn't with them. I didn't need to ask though, because everyone had seen and heard it happen. I once again didn't feel anything, but i did feel something missing from me.

So now here I am, sitting in my room, and recording my voice. We all gathered earlier for Grelite's memorial. The commander didn't show up, but i couldn't care less. Something died inside of me the night before the final mission, and there was a vision that something would go wrong, i don't know what part died but it must have been important, Because people are noticing that i'm not my usual happy go lucky self.

I knew that i was going to lose people when i signed up for XCOM, but i had also promised myself that i wouldn't let anymore friends die. That promise has been broken.

I heard that rosen went missing. After this news i completely isolated myself. i feared the worst and realized i had been unable to save him.
The list of people goes on who have died close to me: My mother and father, My best friend Sam protecting me, Berwald, Tino, Felix, Rosen, Grelite. I have the feeling i'm cursed.

I think that i should end it here but i still have the feeling that something is missing, something important, something....

I haven't recieved my slap on the back of my head yet... from Grelite to me. Suddenly the room seems colorless and empty.

Until next time, Svenska.

The night will always win - Elbow

Hey everyone, while i did not get to be on the frontline as a soldier, i did have fun roleplaying with everyone and writing my entries. I would like to thank chris for setting up this whole thing and qould also like to thank anyone who mentioned me in their journals or liked my entries it means a lot to me to get noticed. I hope we all see each other again in season 2. Goodbye. Svenska

A

AdamTheGamer

Name: Adam "Gamer" ET
Place of Birth: London, Great Brittain
Military Background: About 1 1/2 years in the swedish army
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Faint memory, since i usually tripped on stuff and hit my head, resulting in fainting sometimes. Also being unconsiosus after getting hit in the head (I used to be very clumsy back then).
Weapon of Choice: Rocket launcher or sniper rifle
Additional Background Story: I got tired of living in london after a couple of adult years, so i moved to sweden and decided to toughen up a bit by joining the Swedish army. That did not go very well, So i quit the army went on living peacefully in Sweden for a while. After a few more years in Sweden, i heard of this X-COM and decided to give it a go.

twistingwagoo

‘So all would not die. Huh.’ The civilian contractor, codenamed in XCOM ‘Twisting Wagoo’ closed the book he had been reading. The late Commander (his real name turned out to be Christopher- who knew?) must have been driven mad by his attempts to catalog his soldiers’ journals. The number of entries was staggering; Loki the Savior had left no detail unturned in His campaign. His fellow comrades seemed to keep not as many, with ‘McBackstabber’ not putting out anything until after the campaign, while Presariov brought plenty of shenanigans about the base. ‘LocoRojo’ had only written one log, much to the chagrin of many; the similarities he shared with Him would have perhaps brought more to light. Jaspervth had started to write, but eventually stopped, but he still lived, so that was no problem. Rosen00000 had done plenty from when he joined, the perfect second-in-command to He- at least until he vanished without a trace. Not to mention everyone else; the Gin family had massive records throughout.

“Twisting Wagoo to the Commander’s office, Twisting Wagoo to the Commander’s Office,” The female voice rang throughout the base. Returning the book to the shelf, Wagoo set out to the Situation Room. He got there in a relatively quick manner- the message had only repeated five times. The door was always big and imposing, but never too grand- just like most of the stuff in the Brazilian headquarters. Wagoo knocked, quietly and quickly, on this door.

“Enter at your own will,” a deep voice rang out. Wagoo stepped through, careful not to get his lab coat caught in the door. Closing it, he walked to the Commander’s desk- only for the coat to fall off, having got it caught in the door anyways. Sighing, he opened the door, got it unstuck, closed the door, and stood up at the desk, lab coat kept under his arm.

“Reported as asked, sir,” Wagoo said.

“Sit down,” the Commander stated, already quite comfortable in the Spartan chair. Wagoo did as he was told, dropping on the opposing chair.

“Is there a problem sir?” Wagoo asked, worried for his career.

“None that gets you fired,” was the Commander’s retort. “What is a problem are Germany, France, and Mexico. Ever since Grelite blew the Ethereals out of the sky, returning those countries to a relatively stable life is just not working. The living conditions are like how North Korea used to be until that Alien Battleship crash-landed on top of the Kims. It is difficult to decide how to best handle it. At least, unless you have finally figured out to synthesize Elerium.”

“Wait… THAT was what that project was for!?”Wagoo exclaimed, mouth hanging agape. The lost three were absolutely destroyed and eliminated to a point that would make Hitler himself blush, and if Elerium was finally able to be synthesized, XCOM could go rogue. Become an actual nation, with Mexico, France, and Germany as chief territories. The idea was mind-boggling- could it actually be gotten away with? “Have you thought through the political ramifications?”

“Yes,” the Commander smiled creepily, off. Something was not right. What could be going on?

“I’m shutting down the project, and calling the Council to fire you Jasper,” Wagoo declared. “You cracked.”

A surging pain came across Wagoo’s neck; Jaspervth started choking him. It was hurting every second; not a single breath was allowed to pass. Death slowly descended upon him, like a soft blanket… then the Plasma pistol was noticed on Jasper’s belt. Quickly, Wagoo reached and managed to grab the pistol out of the holster. Jasper let go, trying to reach for the pistol- that was a mistake. Wagoo rolled away, shooting at Jasper’s general direction in the process. The sound of plasma hitting human flesh occurred, and Jasper dropped.

Wagoo got up, slightly burning; the pistol had singed him as well, bringing about all sorts of pains. He looked about the office. Burn marks were everywhere, certainly annoying the cleaning lady. Jasper’s head had partially melted, brain tissue a gooey mess. The desk was broken to pieces, and so was the Sectoid corpse underneath.

“SECTOID!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?”

Wagoo limped over, hand holding onto the desk remains to keep him up, and looked upon the xeno corpse. It seemed like a typical Secotid, having a big head coupled with a small body. But it also seemed to have gills and fins, as well as an aquatic color. The blood was a different color from the Sectoid, and the eyes were black with a red center. A small pistol-esque thing was on the wrist, broken into fragments. It seemed like a Sectoid, but had new modifications as well for swimming.

The door was kicked down, and six soldiers burst through, laser weapons at the ready. Their reactions changed to shock as they surveyed the mess before them- Commander Jaspervth dead, a scientist wounded, and a Sectoid-esque creature under the desk. The leader looked at Wagoo, and rushed over, kneeling at his side.

“What happened?” The squad leader said, still shocked by the disaster. Wagoo looked at her, wheezing from pain.

“That thing,“ Wagoo pointed at the Sectoid-esque creature- would Aquatoid work as a name?- lying down on the ground, “managed to mind control the Commander. It wanted to have XCOM go rogue as it’s own nation- why would it want to do that?”

“Didn’t you notice the purple psionic hue?” the leader asked.

“… There wasn’t one. But you KNOW that the Commander wouldn’t do that.”

The squad leader grimaced, with a hint of fear in her eyes. A new threat, some sort of Terror From the Deep, was at large, with better abilities and new weapons. If this was possible, could worse happen? “Someone get this guy to Medical Wing,” she ordered “and call in McBackstabber. He’s the only one left suitable to lead now. Especially considering laser and plasma won’t work underwater.” She sighed, wondering what would happen now. As long as it isn’t Cthulhu, it wouldn’t get too bad as last time, right?

After the original X-COM game ended, a sequel came out called Terror From the Deep. I figured a framing device for the logs posted here, along witha segway into that game, would be interesting to post here. At the least, it provides an epilouge to some of the events.

ZombieSlayer85

Bio Template

Name: Joseph "Zombie Slayer" Andrews
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Military Background: Rookie in the Marines
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Death of Family
Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle

Additional Background Story: Having accomplished little in life after college and finding his Criminal Justice degree going to waste, Joseph joined the Marines as a means to both find a purpose in life and find something to motivate him to better himself. After two months of training, however, he felt he couldn't cut it and left his base. Realizing it was only a matter of time until he was found and arrested for desertion, he went home to see his family one last time before turning himself in, only to find himself in the middle of a major invasion. He rushed home, and attempted to bring his family to safety. Ambushed by a group of four aliens, he was forced to defend himself, his mother, and his three siblings with nothing but a 9mm handgun. As the aliens claimed one family member for each of them he claimed, Joseph found himself staring down the weapon of the final alien when his life was saved by Jessica, his nine-year-old sister and last surviving sibling, who killed the alien with Joseph's drop gun. Rescued shortly after, Joseph immediately enlisted in X-Com, determined not to let Jessica down like he had done with the rest of his family.

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Journal:

Personal Log of Joseph Andrews
Total Missions: 0
Total Kills: 0

Another hard day of training down, who knows how many to go. I can't believe I thought the Marines were hard.; even the hardest day of training there was better then the easiest day here. But I don't care, because if I need any motivation, all I have to do is glance over at my family photo.

Its only been two weeks since I last had a chance to talk to Jessica, but it feels like two years. She sounds so hardened, so mature, nothing like the carefree little girl she was, or still should be. It makes me wonder what kind of life kids like her will have to lead, once we win this war.....if we win this war. If only I could have been stronger that day, she wouldn't have had to ever hold a gun, let alone take a life. Blood on ones hands is hard, even alien blood, and I can only imagine what it did to her young, fragile mind.

Somehow, my instructor/ Drill Sargent/ slave driver found out about my desertion. It shouldn't surprise me, but he uses it to berate me endless, reminding me everyday that only something as big as an alien invasion keeps him from giving me the boot, if not just shooting me and ending my burden on this world. Fuck him. I'll show him. This is different then the Marines, this is personal for me. Killing every damn alien freak I find might not bring back my mother or brothers, but it'll make me feel better, and maybe give Jessica a slightly safer world to sleep in at night.

Besides it isn't completely up to him. I've heard on the grapevine that I might be sent into the field soon. If I can get a promotion, I'm thinking of becoming a sniper. I've heard a few guys refer to me as "Zombie Slayer" recently because of my tendency to focus on head shots in practice. Anyway, I think my place is behind the scope of a sniper, protecting my allies from harm.

I'm not going to lie, though, I'm scared shitless at the thought of dieing, not only for my sake, but because I'm the only family Jessica has left. But that won't stop me, because if I die, I'll make sure to take enough of those sons-of-bitches with me to make a difference in this war, so help me God.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Bio Template

Name: Joseph "Zombie Slayer" Andrews
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Military Background: Rookie in the Marines
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Death of Family
Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle

Additional Background Story: Having accomplished little in life after college and finding his Criminal Justice degree going to waste, Joseph joined the Marines as a means to both find a purpose in life and find something to motivate him to better himself. After two months of training, however, he felt he couldn't cut it and left his base. Realizing it was only a matter of time until he was found and arrested for desertion, he went home to see his family one last time before turning himself in, only to find himself in the middle of a major invasion. He rushed home, and attempted to bring his family to safety. Ambushed by a group of four aliens, he was forced to defend himself, his mother, and his three siblings with nothing but a 9mm handgun. As the aliens claimed one family member for each of them he claimed, Joseph found himself staring down the weapon of the final alien when his life was saved by Jessica, his nine-year-old sister and last surviving sibling, who killed the alien with Joseph's drop gun. Rescued shortly after, Joseph immediately enlisted in X-Com, determined not to let Jessica down like he had done with the rest of his family.

Journal:

Personal Log of Joseph Andrews
Total Missions: 0
Total Kills: 0

Another hard day of training down, who knows how many to go. I can't believe I thought the Marines were hard.; even the hardest day of training there was better then the easiest day here. But I don't care, because if I need any motivation, all I have to do is glance over at my family photo.

Its only been two weeks since I last had a chance to talk to Jessica, but it feels like two years. She sounds so hardened, so mature, nothing like the carefree little girl she was, or still should be. It makes me wonder what kind of life kids like her will have to lead, once we win this war.....if we win this war. If only I could have been stronger that day, she wouldn't have had to ever hold a gun, let alone take a life. Blood on ones hands is hard, even alien blood, and I can only imagine what it did to her young, fragile mind.

Somehow, my instructor/ Drill Sargent/ slave driver found out about my desertion. It shouldn't surprise me, but he uses it to berate me endless, reminding me everyday that only something as big as an alien invasion keeps him from giving me the boot, if not just shooting me and ending my burden on this world. Fuck him. I'll show him. This is different then the Marines, this is personal for me. Killing every damn alien freak I find might not bring back my mother or brothers, but it'll make me feel better, and maybe give Jessica a slightly safer world to sleep in at night.

Besides it isn't completely up to him. I've heard on the grapevine that I might be sent into the field soon. If I can get a promotion, I'm thinking of becoming a sniper. I've heard a few guys refer to me as "Zombie Slayer" recently because of my tendency to focus on head shots in practice. Anyway, I think my place is behind the scope of a sniper, protecting my allies from harm.

I'm not going to lie, though, I'm scared shitless at the thought of dieing, not only for my sake, but because I'm the only family Jessica has left. But that won't stop me, because if I die, I'll make sure to take enough of those sons-of-bitches with me to make a difference in this war, so help me God.
Did you mean for this to be an entry for season 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.