Whos excited for Star Citizen?

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator video game for Microsoft Windows and Linux.Star Citizen will consist of two main components: first-person space combat and trading with first-person shooter elements in a massively multiplayer persistent universe and customizable private servers, and a branching single-player and drop-in co-operative multiplayer campaign (titled Squadron 42). The game is built on a modified CryEngine and will feature Oculus Rift support.

I can promise you if Star Citizen will allow us to host a private server we well!! This game has raised over $60 million dollars in crowdfunding.

Grelite

Still the most successful kickstarter and with good reason. Star Citizen embodies the gaming dream; a breathing sci-fi universe where you can experience both the big and small moments of life in space, brought to you by people who had before proven their ability to create great games.

And yet, despite all this I worry about what this game will turn out to be. Surely a game this good-looking and supposedly expansive will require fairly modern hardware to run and a lot of drive space. Beside that I have no idea how post-release costs for this game will work, can someone clarify? Currently you need to pay a lot of money for alpha-access to hangars and ships etc., but I figure this will change once released.

I'd love for this game to be all it claims to be, but until then I am more excited for No Man's Sky.

Adrammalech

And yet, despite all this I worry about what this game will turn out to be. Surely a game this good-looking and supposedly expansive will require fairly modern hardware to run and a lot of drive space.

Yeah, this would tear my laptop to shreds. It does look cool, though.

Kordale

Administrator
Not really alotta money... The "Arena Commander Package" comes with one hanger (Aeorview SelfLand), a ship (The Aurora MR), Alpha-Beta access, Squadron42 campaign and the actual game once its released. for 35-45$.

And Yes it is going to require a beastly machine, unfortunitly... I believe its more than worth it though as the game already looks beyond amazing, the plans they have for it are just phenomenal, Just hope they do everything they say they are going to and if they do, it really will be the best PC game to date.

Grelite

Sorry, I was referring to access to hangars and ships beyond the starter package. There are single ships that cost as much as a $250 pledge to get. Is there another way to obtain these ships prior to release? I looked some stuff up that answers my questions, however (See here), so I suppose those concerns are lifted, and if people want to pledge that kind of money to this ambitious project even if just to access that ship, why not I guess.

Kordale

Administrator
Well not prior to release, no. However any ship or module for sale can be obtained through the in-game world and currency. These ships are only available through the process of buying them now to help with the kickstarter. once the game is released it wont be that way.

Koomji

Whooo! Nice! Can't wait for this game and hope that we can get a nice community going in the PU on Star Citizen when it comes out! I need crew members for my ships and some gun hands for my Redeemer. Keep what you kill!