The Starstream Adventures! (Sci-fi RP)

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: Innocent but Deadly Part 4

Before the man even had time to realize his mistake, the nanobyte swarm formed a thin wire around his neck and pulled upwards. Dangling from the air, the man was slowly strangled while the wire cut deeper and deeper into his throat... Leaving a puddle of blood on the ground below him. As the man struggled to hold on to his pathetic life, Elisa turned to his comrades. "Unless you want to end up like him... I suggest you leave now." She kept her innocent smile as she spoke to them. "As you can see, my friends are very protective of me and don't understand the concept of mercy."

The two other men took one look at their comrade and made a run for it, leaving their leader. She pulled out a mag pistol and shouted, "Let him go!"

"It's too late for that now..." Elisa remarked, looking up as the life vanished from the man and the puddle of blood continued to ooz from his throat. "And as I said before... They don't know what mercy is. All my friends care about is making sure I'm alive."

"You little bitch!" The woman shouted, firing at Elisa's chest.

As the bullet pierced Elisa's body, the nanobytes released the corpse and turned into a spear like object. With one swift movement, the spear stabbed through the woman's skull... Before twist it to the side with enough force to shatter her spine. The nanobytes dispersed after that, returning to Elisa so she could focus on her most recent injury. She had already fallen to her knee and coughed up some blood of her own... So her first objective was stopping the bleeding. She could do more proper repair when she was safely on the ship.

"Elisa!" JJ scooped her up. "I'm sorry! You'll be okay, I swear!"

"Don't worry, JJ. It's nothing I can't fix." Elisa gave the Cartus a reassuring smile. "This isn't the first time this has happened to me."

JJ blinked. "That... is both reassuring and sad to hear." She started running toward the ship yard. As she did, she spotted the occasional cloud of machines hovering over Elisa's wound. "They're healing you?"

"I'm directing them too..." Elisa explained. "I found out early on that they can move and repair human tissue... So I studied as much as I could in medical surgery and human biology. It has made taking care of my own injuries easier with them being able to move freely while I'm in danger."

JJ smiled supportively. "You really are full of surprises, aren't you?"

"Funny... I think Malcolm said the same thing when he found out." Elisa let out a weak laugh... The bleeding now being paused.

JJ hurried her back to the shuttle and took off immediately. It was a short ride back to the ship, JJ making a somewhat sloppy landing inside. She wqs obviously pancking a little, even with the reassurance. Elisa was rushed to the medical room, where JJ was ushered out and Elisa was put under.

She awoke less then an hour later, JJ at the side of her bed.

"Everything go alright..." Elisa asked the captain, still groggy from the sleep she had after being placed in the infirmary.

JJ jumped a little, having been dozing, but she was wide awake now. "Um... yeah. It is a good thing we have some people with medical knowledge now, though the real heroes are your little friends. Without them, you might have bled out before I got you here. They really are special..." JJ brushed Elisa's hair to the side. "... just like you. I'm sorry. If I had reacted faster..."

"Don't worry JJ." Elisa reassured her once again. "I knew what I was doing. Beside, we got everything we needed, right?"

"We did... thanks to you." JJ stood up and patted her on the arm. "I'm gonna go talk to Aya about Rita Zedd. You get some rest." She smiled. "You did good. I... look forward to your next mission."

"Thank you..." Elisa muttered before deciding to fall asleep once more.

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is done by Dhalexpert and ShadowHounder

Aboard the Golden Wind, Forward Meeting Lounge

Yip sat inside the lounge and drank from her small glass of water. The ship had been rather quiet recently... And that gave her time to review some of the info she had gathered on her target.
She then heard footsteps coming towards the lounge area, when the door opened Blisk entered the lounge and grabbed a stool.

Yip glanced briefly at the large man. I wonder if this is the one Nick was referring to... Despite the caution she was given about him, Yip merely continued her work without further hesitation. She needed to have everything prepared for JJ.

Blisk Kaye’s his head on the table after dealing with his bounty. He then turned around to see Yip.” What in the those are some serious augmentation there girl, now why would a kitty like you need all that metal for?”

Yip merely glared at the cyborg. "You have some nerve assuming that every cyborg is turned into one willingly." The venom in the assassin's voice echoed through the air around her. Her tail already moving into a defensive position should things get ugly.

“Ou I’m aware not everyone gets augmented willingly, some do it to replace a limb or an organ. Others are forced into it. But that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the work.”

"Then you can learn to appreciate the work of a dead man... So be it." Yip snapped in agitation. She quickly collected herself and continued her work in silence.

"Yes I can I’m sure humans do the same thing from what I heard with all that they created. But more importantly who are you are you a new hire or something?"

"Captain Jetstorm has offered me a seat... One I have yet to decide on." Yip glared at him once more. "And one you are convincing me is not worth it."

"Look lady if your dictions is going to be swayed because of one man, then you don't wanna be here anyway. Besides I never told you my name. I'm Blisk I’m a bounty hunter so who are you?"

"The name I go by is Yip..." The cyberized Cartus stated. "Funny... If my own assumptions are correct, a certain block of living metal said you would've likely tried to kill me by now."

"Really, now why good old Blisk would want to kill someone he doesn't know. Now if you were an assassin there might be a different story."

Yip merely looked up at the man... Her files on Alexia almost sorted. "I never said I wasn't..."

Blisk tapped his finger. "Well then that leaves me with a few things, now if you targeted one of crew that leaves me with a few thing to do to you. So Mrs. Assassin did you go after anyone of the crew?" Blisk said in a cold matter.

"Not intentionally... But I have already cleared up that mistake with the Captain and Aya Me has already moved on with work as per normal." Yip explained to the cyborg. "I am working alongside Captain Jetstorm at the moment. And I am not in any form of relationship... Much less married, making misses an improperly used term."

I don't care for your personal relationship, you and the captain may be alright. But I don't trust you and if you hurt anyone on this ship let alone kill, you will not make it to the next station alive. Do I make myself clear?"

"You aren't the first person to make such a threat..." Yip gathered her files and transferred them to the ship's main computer. "And you won't be the last..." She said ominously before walking out of the lounge with her communicator in hand.

Blisk however fallowed suit." Glad I made that point clear but, now that I got that out of the way. How did you get all those augmentations, were you a soldier that got that messed up or where did you want to be better at your job?"

Yip face was mixed with grim hate and solemn pain as she turned to the man. "A slave is not allowed the option to choose... Unless they learn to fight those who see them as toys. I paid for my freedom with the blood of the men who made me like this."

"Ou thank the man that your killed for this, I get it. But I gotta ask how what kind of augs did he give you?"

"Enhanced limbs, magnetized plating on my feet for scaling walls, a combat programmed tail with a hidden blade... And a mentally operated cloaking device." Yip answered. "I was built to be an assassin."

"A very lethal one by the sounds of it, that doesn't sound that bad actually. So why did your former master make you like this anyway, I mean he put a lot of time and money into a slave."

"I decline your request to speak further on this topic." Yip stated, trying her best to hide the pain in her voice.

"Fine but take it from me, you will eventually lose the pain you have for your past. As a guy who has his own problem with his past trust me time will heal it."

"Only time will tell how this story unfolds." The young Cartus muttered solemnly... The doors opening as she left the room.

"You relay are trying to avoid trying to talk to me aren't you?" Blisk questioned.

"What about it matters?" Yip returned with another question. "We are allies... Not friends."

"I would say that calling us allies is stretching it, but i'm trying to understand the people i'm working with. So do you have any questions for me that you want me to answer?"

"No... Actions speak louder than any words you would waste today." Yip stood still for a moment. "And I am done with your attempts to speak with me..." The assassin vanished from sight... Leaving the scene before Blisk could figure out where she went.

However do to his sight augmentation he could see Yip with his thermal vision." Hum interesting girl, though I could tel her that I see her, well her body heat anyway. But beast keep that to myself and not ruin that for her."

BMPixy

ShadowHounder & BMPixy: “A Chance Visit, A New Revelation, and A Bit of Mentoring, Part One”
Aboard the Golden Wind, Infirmary

Elisa woke up briefly, the wound in the middle portion of her chest finally repaired fully. She sat up in her bed, checking the small metal plate next to her. Sure enough, right in the center was a red stained bullet. "What would I do without you guys..." She muttered to the distorted cat-like being in her lap.

The doors to the infirmary slid with open with a mechanical hiss, the lights of the room brightening slightly as the sensors picked up an entrant. The door shut just as quickly, though the sound of footsteps indicated that the person who came in was still in the room, stepping forward through the space before finally coming into sight - revealing a large, burly Shinso layered in traditional robes.

"Ah, pardon my intrusion," Gazan said, spotting Elisa out of the corner of his eye and raising a single hand apologetically. "If you were resting, I did not intend to..." he trailed off as he examined the bedridden human, his brow furrowing slightly. "Why is a girl as young as you here?" he asked, mentally dismissing his original reason for coming in.

"I don't think Ms. Jetstorm considered my age an issue when she accepted Malcolm's request to let me join." Elisa replied, the nanobytes dispersing before the man could even lay eyes on them. "But I am starting to understand why people think I shouldn't be here..."

"Join?" Gazan asked, reaching over to grab the edge of one of the dividers separating the beds. "You mean that you're a bounty hunter? And your presence here... you were wounded on a mission. How was this allowed to happen?"

"It was kind of my own fault..." The wounded girl remarked nervously. "Ms. Jetstorm and I got jumped by some thugs... And I wasn't expecting the one woman to pull the trigger over someone who was already dead..."

Gazan shook his head, his fiery mane cascading in waves. "You are lucky to be alive," he said after a moment. "The Captain is also lucky that's the case. What was she thinking?" he added, the last part mostly to himself. "How long have you been doing this?" he continued, this time directing the questions at Elisa.

"This was my first job..." Elisa giggled lightly. "I guess it's a good thing that my luck happened early on in life... Otherwise I know that I would've died there."

Gazan stepped further into the makeshift booth, leaning against the foot of the bed as he scanned Elisa once more. "Why is a girl as young as you in this profession? Had this been your fourth or fifth year, I would understand - this is your life. However, those with frames as slight as yours do not tend towards this profession at this age."

As Gazan moved closer, a snake suddenly formed into front of him. It was obviously not real... But it was too badly held together for even a damaged hologram. The snake fragmented into a small cloud and moved towards Elisa. Now a cat laying on her lap once more, the strange form watched the Shinso carefully. "I'd be a little careful... They've been a little finicky since I woke up here."

"I see," Gazan said with a nod, eyeing up the creature before returning his gaze to Elisa. "Are 'they' your reason, then? Or are they a manifestation of your reason?"

"No, no, they are my friends." The innocent looking girl explained to Gazan. "They will do just about anything to keep me safe... Though sometimes they go a little overboard with it..."

"So they are knights guarding their queen," the Shinso analyzed, rubbing his chin. "However, you still have not answered my question - bounty hunting is the domain of those with everything to gain, who will put their lives on the line to prove their worth. What cause drives you to risk yours?"

"You underestimate us little kitty..." Elisa said as her eyes obtained a faint brief glow. Elisa blinked a few times before placing a hand on her chin. "If I had to guess... I'm looking for answers."

When Elisa looked at Gazan, he had leapt back from the girl, his hands instinctively moving to the trigger pose to activate his armor - only for him to catch himself as she spoke further, keeping his distance, but relaxing. "Answers... for instance, as to what happened there?" he asked, playing it cool for the moment.

"What happened when?" Elisa gave him a confused expression. "I'm not sure what you are talking about..."

"Your eyes glowed and you said 'you underestimate us'," Gazan replied, relaxing slowly. Why did that prompt that sort of response from me? the Shinso thought to himself, before shaking his head. "Do you not recall?"

"I'm sorry... I don't..." Elisa told Gazan. "But I don't think this is the first time this has happened. A man named Kentaro witnessed me doing something similar to what you did."

"So, you are not only inexperienced but you also lose consciousness for moments at a time," Gazan replied, settling down completely. "I will not tell you that these things disqualify you from being a bounty hunter," he continued after a moment of musing. "However, I will say this - are answers a strong enough cause to do this, in light of this?"

Elisa looked at the Shinso noble. "But there is so much I don't know... This world is too large for me to simply ignore."

"Grandmother said this," Gazan replied, raising a single finger towards the heavens. "One who does not desire to cook will never make a good meal. Strength comes from a will to be strong. And in our line of work, I worry that a desire for answers will not provide you the strength you need," the noble continued.

Elisa's eyes flew once more as her expression changed drastically. "Compared to our collective, your grandmother is but a mere child. The girl's will is not what you should be concerned with... For we shall show anyone who dares attempt to harm her a gruesome death." Elisa blinked just like last time... Making it clear someone... Or something else was talking.

"Henshin!" Gazan yelled, pouncing back and striking his signature pose, the words and movement combined triggering his armor to form around him. Dangerous! This girl is dangerous! his instincts roared as one hand reached for his belt pouch, partially pulling out a card. "Possession..." he muttered through gritted teeth behind his helmet, ready to plug the card in should the situation escalate further. "I had not thought to imagine I'd see such a thing here. Who are you?"

Elisa's eyes emitted the faint glow once more. "We believe she refers us as her 'friends.' We are a collective... And this girl was presented to us as something to protect. As a collective, it is our sole duty to make sure this girl survives. Some fools thought they could use her to control us... They lacked the knowledge for such a feat."

"And so you control her body," the Armor Knight replied. "Is that really the action of a 'friend'? Or a 'jailer'?" he continued, taking one, two more steps back.

"We do not do this often... Only when we feel that the girl could not provide a proper answer." The "collective" answered. "And we do not see ourselves as her friends... Merely a collective. However, her emotions are stronger then previous objectives. This has greatly effected our responses and overall limitations."

"People should find their own answers, not be shielded from difficult questions," the noble replied. "Or are you that worried about the effects of her emotions on you?" As much as Gazan wished to activate his Scan Vent to identify what was going on, he more than knew that such an act might provoke the collective, so instead he kept his hand on the current card he was prepared to draw.

"It seems organic life still fails to see how our collective functions." The nanobytes spoke through Elisa's voice. "We are not concerned with the effects of emotions... Merely the incidences that may occur should we fail to filter them. If you wish to know more of our kind... Then you are free to scan the girl in a harmless manner. One thing must be made clear: Knowledge of our existence must be kept secret, even from her. The danger and mental distortion such information entails will be too much for her to handle... And could possible place this crew in danger should it fall into the wrong hands."

'Organic life'? And how did it know I wanted to scan it? Gazan puzzled over internally. Silently, slowly, letting his mask hide all emotion, he slid the card he held back into his deck and withdrew a different card - an all-seeing eye on a field of blue and red flames - and just as steadily slid it into his belt buckle.

"Scan Vent," the belt intoned as Gazan's visor lit up, flicking through half a dozen different view modes to identify what exactly was going on.

Inside of Elisa's body, the nanobytes swarmed inside of her. Some were at work repairing her resent gun shot, others travelling to reorganize the unnatural knot of muscles and veins in her side. A large portion of them were collected around her brain... Seeming to remain motionless within. There were no signs of implants, genetic alterations, or anything that would imply the girl was anything but a simple human. "Your armor is intriguing, kitty. It is a shame that such a metal is useless to us."

"Now then, how about letting the girl have her mind back?" Gazan asked, choosing to ignore that comment.

"She does require rest..." The collective muttered. "We shall keep watch of her for the time being." Elisa laid down and closed her eyes, control being given back to her to sleep.

Gazan sighed, finally relaxing. Taking a step behind the divider so that the flash of light wouldn't wake up Elisa, he dismissed his armor, taking a moment to collect his thoughts. Settling on a course of action, he stepped back before the girl's bed, and resigned himself to wait.

BMPixy

ShadowHounder & BMPixy: “A Chance Visit, A New Revelation, and A Bit of Mentoring, Part Two”

Elisa woke back up an hour later. "Sorry about that... I didn't mean to fall asleep during our conversation like that." She told the noble with a nervous smile.

"It is more than fine," Gazan replied with a bemused smile. "I am well aware of the limitations others have," he continued. "And the injured should rest, of course."

"Oh... I forgot to ask your name!" Elisa realized out loud, offering her hand to the Shinso. "My name is Elisa. It was a pleasure meeting you."

Gazan took the hand, giving it a firm shake. "The same shall be said to you, Elisa," he replied, releasing his grip and turning to face away from the girl. "As for my name, grandmother said this - there is one name in the universe that you must know. Slashing his sword, one who will replace the gods." Facing Elisa again, he lightly outstretched his index finger at her. "I am Gazan Laguz Kamiji Caineghis-Kruger."

Elisa giggled. "That name is a bit long... I would think someone who wants to replaced the gods should have a name a bit easier to remember."

Gazan shook his head. "If people have trouble remembering this name, it is their fault, not mine," the Shinso replied. "After all, it is the one name in the universe that they must know, and they failed at that."

Elisa laughed nervously and scratched her cheek lightly. "I guess Kentaro was right about you needing to work on that ego of yours..."

Gazan chuckled at that. "Make the universe revolve around you. It's more fun that way," Gazan said, the noble's tone indicating it was another piece of wisdom passed on to him. "And, of course, I do not have an ego problem. Other people have a problem with my ego - one that only they can fix," the Shinso said, striding confidently back and forth before Elisa.

As the Shinso walked, the nanobytes formed into a cat mere inches in front of his face. The lifeless form stared at him... And let out a coy smirk. They did not need a voice to get their point across, they were a collective and they knew just how people ticked. "Is something the matter?"

Gazan kept his gaze neutral yet warm in response to the mechanical construct's posturing. "Your 'friends'... you seem to rely on them a lot," the Shinso analyzed after a moment. "However, I do have to ask - what do you have of your own?" he asked, cocking his head slightly.

"I..." Elisa lowered her gaze in sadness. "... Never thought about that..."

"A knight with only one weapon is damned when they lose it," Gazan replied, offering a hand to the girl. "If you can walk, I shall offer you a second."

"Ummm... Sure..." Elisa placed her hand in his and got to her feet. "Where do you plan to take me?"

"The holoroom," Gazan replied, turning for the door, making large strides to the exit. "I shall show you how to wrestle."

"Ummm... Pardon me?" Elisa muttered in a confused tone.

"Your frame is slight, and your center of gravity is low," the Shinso replied, gesturing at the over a foot of height difference between them. "As such, I shall show you a means to fight that requires little strength and takes advantage of your size: wrestling," he explained as the two walked.

"Are you sure this is a good idea..." Elisa asked cautiously.

"There are no bad restaurants or bad experiments in the world." The doors to holoroom slid open, allowing the two in. "Computer - training dummy," Gazan barked, prompting the projectors to manifest a stock wire-frame figure in the center of the room. "The essence of wrestling is manipulating your opponent's flow of energy, whilst controlling torque and momentum," he began to explain, walking up to the dummy. "The only strength you need is a strong grip, and even then only for the duration of a throw or submission."

"Okay... So how does it work exactly?" Elisa wondered aloud... Thinking back to the martial arts that Malcolm used to study.

"I shall show you the most basic hip throw. Observe," Gazan replied. "On an opponent wearing a shirt, you'll want to grab them by the front of the shirt," Gazan explained, though instead he slid his hand under the dummy's armpit. "However, on one without one, you'll want to place your hand here. Then, grab their arm with your free hand," he paused to demonstrate this, "slide your forward leg between theirs, and then-" Gazan said, before suddenly twisting his hips and rotating and lowering his entire body, pulling the dummy's arm forward whilst his other hand and his leg knocked it off balance, bodily hurling the dummy over his shoulder and causing it to impact the floor below. "See?"

"Seems simple enough..." Elisa muttered in her observation trance... Completely oblivious to the man speaking to her.

"Good," the older bounty hunter replied, pulling the dummy to it's feet. "Now, you do it exactly like that - one hundred times."

"One hundred times?" Elisa continued her confused expression. "Doesn't that seem a bit excessive?"

"The human martial artist Bruce Lee said this," Gazan replied. "I do not fear the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times. Compared to that, one hundred is nothing." Chuckling to himself, he added, "I recall one time in my training my grandmother had me practice a series of punches ten thousand times every single day for a month without letting my grades at tertiary school slip."

Elisa looked at him with more confusion, before noticing her credit card from Malcolm was still on her person. "I completely forgot... I was going to ask Ella if she was still interested in making me that custom gun." Elisa let out a bit of a frustrated sigh. "I keep getting distracted so easily."

"Focus, Elisa," the noble said, clapping his hands together to get her attention. "Do you want to be able to find answers? Then you must become strong, to pry them from those who would keep them from you."

Elisa suddenly grabbed the man's arm and the collar of his robes, performing the technique she just showed him with more strength and speed then he could anticipate. "How was that?" Elisa remarked with a cheerful smile and a soft laugh.

"It would be good," the Shinso replied, having braced for impact the moment he felt his feet leave the ground, landing in a practiced breakfall. With a flex of his abdominals, he hurled himself back to his feet, none the worse for wear. "However, that strength and speed - you relied on your friends, didn't you?" he asked pointedly.

"Maybe a little on the strength... But the timing and agility was just me." Elisa rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment.

"Then you will only get better with practice," Gazan replied, pacing around the girl, staying just two steps out of her striking range. "The Caineghis-Kruger system is designed to build for speed, reflexes, and instinct, all based on a fundamental foundation of kinesthetics and mathematics - train well enough and you will never have to worry about being shot ever again."

"I'll try my best then..." Elisa said confidently. "But first I really should get that custom order from Ella..."

"Fine, if that is that important," the Shinso replied, raising his hand as if to dismiss Elisa. "But then I ask that you practice that move one hundred times a day until we meet again," he added, turning to the dummy once more. "And then perhaps you shall begin to be able to approach this." The Shinso inhaled, and - his movements blurred, the dummy hurtled through the air, smashing into the ground with a visible and audible impact - the noble exhaled again, already back on his feet.

Elisa laughed nervously. "I doubt I'll get that fast... But I'll see you soon!" With that the young girl left the room, her "friends" forming just long enough to give Gazan one last smug look... For they knew the burden he carried and knew that he was never going to surpass the gods. But the look the machines received in was not that of a man burdened. It was pure, unbridled determination - an expression of an indomitable will. And, with it, a single finger was raised at them, leaving a clear message. This was only the beginning. Gazan would be certain of it.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
Red Sand

Tip tree

The colony of tip tree was a small colony with one major city urban areas, and farm land the rest of the planet being filled with jungle and dessert and swampy areas. The planet it's self had humid temperatures year round finding there bounty on this arid planet would be interesting.

Blisk himself got off the shuttle with his shotgun and his grenade launcher. "So you ready for a fight?"

Aya stepped forward, sweat already threatening to build up on her brow. She had a pair of laser pistols on her hips, and on her back was a Tamearin Kishana, the fact the it both resembled and rhymed with an Human katana an amusing coincidence.

She pulled out a pistol and triwled it. "Ready when you are. Though I am starting to question why the goddesses keep sending me to missions on such hot planets. I miss the ice plains of Tamear..."

"Suck it up, Zazks is some were on this miserable rock. First and for most we check the police station see if the good officers of tip tree has been having problems with our bounty, and if they could point us in the right direction."

Aya huffed. "At least with the few settlements on this planet, there aren't as many places to look." She walked with him, and asked, "What can you tell me about our target?"

"He's a drug lord sells thousands of pounds of red sand a year, murderer kidnapping slave trader. Our smuggler has done a lot and that's just what we know about him."

"I see. What race is he? He have a lot of flunkies? And what makes you think he's on this planet?"

"Our target is a Quin, probable would have been better to bring JJ on this mission. But I don't want her to possibly kill the target. And how do I know he's here this is mostly a human and Tamarian colony A Quin way out here is very recognizable. Now as for flunky well i'm sure he has plenty of guards and slaves so expect a fight, if you want a number I don't know expect a lot."

"A lot... got it." Aya nodded. "I'll follow your lead. Never took down a Quin bounty."

“Ou there a fun fight, how they try and impail you on there horns. And they usually carry a heavy weapon, and use there Cartus as bait. But I plan on hunting him a Little first.”

Aya raised an eyebrow. "You do that with everyone of your targets or just the special ones? Not to kink shame your torture boner or anything..."

“What no no I hurt my targets once I captured them, so they don’t get away. No what I meant was if he has other hideouts we should hit those.”

"Pay extra or to stick to them a little more?" Aya smirked. "Let me guess... a little of both?"

“That’s the idea, if we go right after our target someone else would take his place. So we hit key areas of his capture his people and get payed more for it.”

Aya got ready to check in her guns as fhey neared fhe station. "Good plan, though it does mean he'll know we're coming. Not that you seem like you're for a stealthy approach anyway..."

“Ou I’m not, but I got a plan for that to. But one thing at a time though.” Blisk And Aya entered the police station.

Aya pulled out her weapon's license and check in her guns. Much to her irritation, she had to give up her sword as well. "Who do we talk to about information on a bounty?" she asked curtly.

“Blisk weapons were also taken but they scanned him for weapon augmentations.” We go to the front desk tell them who were after they point us to which officers has been investigating him.”

Aya Me nodded. "You know these officers?"

“No but hopefully they could point us in the right direction.” Blisk And Aya arrived at the front desk, were there was a red head Tamarin at the desk.”

“Hello how may I hel- the woman looked up and saw Blisk And a Aya.” Ugh Kotavorg and a outcast Tamarin. My this day just got interesting.”

Aya's eye twitched. The woman's usual Tamearin lack of emotion as she referred to her as an outcast made it all the more annoying. She kept her emotions in check, however, and smiled. "We're looking for information on a bounty."

“Really an outcast and a Kotavorg working together, my You truly are a waist aren’t you.” The woman said with a stern look at Aya.

Aya literally snarled, almost reaching for her weapon. It was probably a good thing they had been checked in. "Listen, lady! We can talk all day about the ethics of who I choose to work with and how little business it is of yours, or we can both do our jobs! So do yours and tell us who to talk to so we can do ours and capture the son of a bitch!"

The desk woman looked like she was gonna say something else, but before she could speak a human interrupted her.” Jessy how many times must I tell you keep your people beliefs separate from work.”

The human seem to be in his mid to late thirty’s and was wearing a police body armor.

“But their a Kotavorg and a disgrace Tamarin, a Tamarin who-“

“I don’t give a shit what she is to your kind they are here to help us. I take it you’re after Zazks?”

Aya took a deep breath and smiled again, this time genuinely. "Yes sir. Any information you can give us would be great." She shot Jessy a dirty look and added. "Then we'll be out of your hair."

Jessy gave the same look to Aya." Enough you two, Aya were here to do a job. Ignore the the woman that hates her job." Blisk said finally speaking up.

"Heh so you want info on Zazks, huh well I could tell you that your not the first bounty hunters to try and go after him. you would be the eleventh one to go after him, which is unfortunate."

"Hum does he have family or a girlfriend?"

"No he's not married or have and family, well not on this planet any way. Now if your looking were to start we recently raided one of his safe houses yesterday, I would recommend that you start there my people are still searching the area. Maybe you could find something we haven't, but since your a Kotavorg you just might."

Blisk noded his head. "Thank you sir, come along Aya we have a job to do."

Aya stepped out with Blisk and huffed. "Sorry about that. She.... got under my skin and now isn't a good time to do that for me." She pulled a little at her violet hair, the tips of which were noticably much darker then the rest.

"Look for now we got a job for you, i'll worry about your personal stuff later. For the moment let's get to that safe house see what we could see and get us on the right track to finding our target." Blick said retrieving his weapons.

Aya gladly got her own, double checking that they energy cartridges were still in the guns once they were out of the building. "As you can probably guess, I have violet psionics. They should come in handy when we get there."

"Hopefully, something tells me were gonna be all over this planet. so you best get used to the heat, for now we should make our way to the safe house. Hopefully my augmentations would help us uncover things that normal people can't see."

Aya nodded, quietly hopping her psionics would last long enough.

As the hunters made there way to the safe house they were told about, they saw that the officers had taken everything that was useful to them. but only a few were still lingering around." Hello were here to help." Blisk said to one of the officers.

The yellow haired Tamarin looked at the two." Huh a Kotavorg and one of my own working together? That's interesting."

Aya tensed up for a moment, but raised an eyebrow. "Just... interesting? No string of insults like the last one?"

“Ou you met Jessy, no she’s just bitter That this case is going on so long and bounty hunters are interfering.”

“Huh well regardless you’re captain has given us permission to search the area.”

“Hay that works for me, but some warning. We took out most of the walls, and the amount of red sand we found shit. If you find this guy he will be getting a life sentence.”

"Sounds good to me. A lifer pays well..." Aya's eyes glow purple as she slowly looked about. "I'll scan the room. See if I can find evidence of a Quin being here. They leave an obvious aura. You do your... uh, Kortavog thing and see if you can find a clue as to where they might have gone."

“If I could make a suggestion Aya let’s start at the basement.”

“We checked down there that’s were we found most of the red sand.”

“You start down there, I will look around the house.”

"Gotcha." Aya headed for the stairs. "Call me if you find anything on our comms."

“Gotcha though if you hear me breaking things, don’t panic.”

"Something tells me to expect that a lot from you," Aya mumbled as she disappeared down the stairs.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Blisk went to the other side of the house and turned and started searching.

Concentrating and focusing her psionics, it was if she was pointing a UV torch around the room, only this light revealed the residual auras of those around. There had been a lot of people around, so it took a while, but she soon found what she was looking for.

"Blisk?" she said into her wrist communicator. "There was definitely a Quin here. He's... quite a big one, even by Quin standards. With the size and aura he gives off, I bet he could flip a truck with his bare hands and barely break a sweat."

“Heh Heh Good That means when we find him it will be a fun fight. As for me Well I found a few things under the floor, a couple of Carts corpses. With plenty of needle markings on them, looks like they were drugging them and they couldn’t take it. I’m gonna check up stairs see if I could find something.”

"This guy sounds like a scumbag. I can't wait to take him down." Aya opened her mind, isolating just the Quin's aura and studying it. "It isn't the most stable... I bet he samples his product often. It is also pretty strong. He... he's been here within the last two days. That means he can't be too far."

“Well that’s good to know. I’m gonna check the addict I’ll keep you posted if I find something.”

"Be careful," Alice warned. "Watch out for booby traps."

“I’ll be fine you worry too much.” Blisk went up into the adict and looked around, Blisk then activated his eye augmentation to scan the room for heat signatures. He then got a ping on the far side of the room, he then checked for heart beats. And he moved to the anomaly and saw that it was a crate that was locked.” Hum, well hello there.” Blisk pulled out his shotgun and punched the crates lock. When he opened the crate he saw a Cartus tied up and gaged.” Aya I’ve got something up here, a Cartus a live one.”

"I'm on my way." Aya hurried up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. She reached them just as Blisk was pulling the Cartus out of the crate. "Good job. Who knows how long it would have the investigators to get to that box. They could have suffocated by then."

“That’s a good point, it’s a good thing we found you Cartus.” Blisk removed the woman binds and gag, to which the Cartus hugged him.

“Thank you Thank you for finding me!”

Blisk patted her back.” It’s alright you are ok now, I’m Blisk this is Aya we’re hunting down the people who did this to you.”

“Ou great what do you need from me?”

Aya scanned her. "She seems okay. Dehydrated and malnourished but otherwise okay." The Tamearin offer the woman a flask of water. "We're just happy to help, but anything you can tell us to find where they might be hiding would be great. Any locations you over heard, especially pretaining to a Quin named Zazks. Even the smallest detail could help."

She took the water and started drinking it, once it was half empty she looked at the hunters.” Ou him he.. he was gonna use us as bags cut us open and put the drugs inside us, and then stitch us back up and send us to one of his drop off point. And.. and.” The Cartus started crying.

Blisk put his hands on her shoulder.” I know you’re scared, but please tell us we’re they were going.”

The Cartus slowly pulled herself together and threw her cry she said.” A.. a strip joint... called Eclipse.”

"Eclipse..." Aya looked up at Blisk. "Sounds like a nice and sleazy base for a nice and sleazy man."

“Good if we’re lucky he is there, and if he’s not hopefully some of his men are.” Blisk looked down at the Cartus.” There are police down stairs they will take care of you.”

“Th— Thank you Both of you.” The the of them made there way down stairs.”

“Officer me and my friend need to go to a strip club called eclipse. We’re can we find it.”

The Tamarin looked at the two.” It’s a small drive away next town over, might take you two hours at best.”

"Two hours... damn. I was hope it was close by." Aya ran her hand through her hair, which was increasingly turning black. "Come on, Blisk. Let's try and get there while it is still light out."

“You forget I can see in the dark you can’t.” Aya started at Blisk annoyed at his augmentation.

As the two caught a ride in a cab.”, Blisk looked at Aya.” So Aya quick question, why does your hair keep changing color?”

She sighed. "It's this thing my people's women go through every two months. It's our most fertile period, and our emotions go out of control, so our body seals our psiconics to protect us and those around us. I'd say I have about an hour until my psionics are completely sealed..." She frowned at him. "Sorry. Bad timing."

“Yeah no kidding I was hoping you could help me locate them through the strip club, but it’s fine I’ll find our guy. Hopefully he is there but that’s just wishful thinking.”

Aya smiled. "At least a huge Quin will stick out, right? Don't worry. We'll get him."

"I know we will I will track him to the ends of this planet just to get him." Blisk said with some fire in his eyes. After two hours they made there way to the strip club.

There was a human that approached Blisk."Well a Kotavorg, don't see your kind that often.But don't worry we could take care of you."

"I bet they can," Aya muttered with a cheeky grin. "We're actually looking for someone for a... business deal."

"Ou and who might you be looking for, I promise that I can entertain you more then they can."

Blisk grabbed the woman arms." Were here for Zazks, is he or any of his men here?"

"Ou bounty hunters, well that depends on what it's worth to you? I mean Zazke men are here but you don't know were they are."

"I will kick down every door in this place to find them, and if your security tries to stop me I will beat them down." Blisk said in a cold manner.

The looked annoyed at that." Your kind relay needs to let up you know that, fine if you want to find his men there in the back. Though the door is locked, we only tolerate them because they pay well most of the girls are not in good shape after words. So if you could help get rid of his men, I'll be thankful."

"Trust me, when we're done, they'll never bother you again." Aya headed to the back, looking up at Blisk and muttering, "That wasn't exactly subtle. You're lucky she wanted them gone. She's was right about you needing to lighten up..."

"I'm hunting my mind is focus on the target being subtle is no concern of mine." Blisk said in a cold manner. The woman escorted the hunters to the back were she knocked on the door.

"What do you want woman!" A voice said from behind the door

"I have some people that wanna talk to you."

"Not inserted!" The man closed the small eye slit. Blisk moved the woman to the side and he knocked on the door.

"What did I just sa-" Blisk raised his arm and small sparks started to come out of them as he punch the door it shattered open knocking the man out.

"Sorry I don't like waiting." The gang looked at Blisk and those that weren't with the strippers fired at Blisk, he grabbed the woman and put her behind him. Bliks body wend black as they fired at him, but they couldn't tell if they were hurting him.

Aya huffed. "You are out of your mind!" She leaned towards the doorway, firing a few shots. "Just remember we need at least one of them alive to talk!"

Once Aya wan in the room and the ladys were gone Bliks pulled out his shot gun and fired at one of the goons, his entire body flew towards the wall." I'll try but I think that's better your stick." Blisk fired another shot and then saw that one of men that was using the prostitute threw her in front of Blisk, he moved the woman to the side and kicked the man stomach before shooting his head.

Aya sliced at two of the men, cutting them down before they could fire. A third man moved to grab Aya from behind, but stop when he felt something. Looking down, Aya's tail was pointing a gun at his groin. She quickly pulled her other gun and turned to point it at his head. "Please don't do anything stupid. I need someone yo question and my partner seems to have his kill switch on, so I doubt any of the others will survive."

"Ou good you cough one." One of the men came behind Blisk Blisk grabbed his arm and pulled out his knife and repentantly stabbed the man stomach, he used him as a human shield and tossed him into the gun man. Once they were on the ground, Blisk fired his shotgun that went through both of them.

He then looked at the man and Aya, but he picked up the woman that was tossed at him and escorted her out the room." So buddy boy you have tow options, let the Tamarian question you or me. And I promise you will suffer with me." Blisk said feeling a smile coming across his face." Aya question him, I need to get myself together." Blisk said leaving the room.

Aya shook her head, and pushed the man down onto the blood soaked couch. "Listen... we just want your boss, okay? I don't give a crap about you one way or another. You wanna walk outta here, you talk. If you don't talk?" Aya pointed back. "That man has a force of a few tons in his fingers alone, and can crush your fingers one by one, flatter then a felician tape worm. Don't make me send him in here."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"Your bluffing you think I will talk to some god damn bounty hunter, I don't even know why your here. So I guess your just shit outta luck lady." The man smiled at Aya.

Aya smiled back. "I'm bluffing, am I?" She unsheathed her sword and pointed it at him. "So if I was bluffing... I wouldn't stab you, right?"

"No you wouldn't your a bounty hunter and you need me alive, to not only do you need information that I got but the price on my head. You won't do a god damn thing to me." The man then spit in Aya face.

Aya chuckled, wiping her face. She suddenly stabbed him through the arm.

The man screamed in pain getting Blisk attention he went into the room temporary and looked at the man. "Get her off me she's crazy."

"Aya why are you being nice to him, just breaks his arms and and his fingers but in saying that." Blisk grabbed the mans other arm and stomped on it shattering his wrist.

"Ahhhh you fucking psychos your two are crazy, what the hell do you want with me!?"

"Zazks were is he?"

"Zazks, you two must be crazy do you have any idea what he'll do to me if I talk?"

"Will he break every bone in your body?" Aya leaned close. "Maybe get something sharp and stab you?" She twisted her blade a bit.

The man screamed again.” Alright Okay you win, he’s at a wear house by the doc. But he was here thirty minutes ago, if you hurry you might catch him. Now let me go!”

Aya yanked her sword out. "Come on Blisk. Let's hurry."

Blisk pointed his wrist at the man and a Tesla coil wrapped around the man, he then lifted him up and approached the scared lady’s.” This is one of zazks top men, he’s worth seventeen thousand. Use the money to fix the door.”

Aya blinked in surprise. As they walked out, she said, "That was surprisingly charitable."

“I broke there door, killed people in there place of business. Terrifying there customers, me paying them in a bounty is the least I could do.” Blisk said with a stern look.

Aya raised her hands. "Alright, alright. How far to the docks?"

“I looked the planet over, after studying the planet and we’re about an hour walk.” Blisk pointed to the cars.” Bye car about thirty minutes.”

"Let's get a transport," Aya said. "See if we can catch him before he takes off. After losing one of his depots, he might be ready to make a run for it."

“Now why do we need a transport?” Blisk pointed to the cars parked at eclipse.” I’m sure the people we dealt with won’t need there cars anymore.”

Aya grinned and pointed. "I like the blue one."

Blisk smiled and broke the window of the car, and opened the doors. Once Both we’re inside Blisk Hotwire the car and drove them to the docks. Near the docks, Blisk And Aya looked at the doc were it was surrounded.

Aya pulled out a small pair of binoculars and looked around. "There. That warehouse has the most men surrounding it. I think. It is hard for me to see with the sun going down."

“I can see them and yes it’s heavily guarded, there probably wondering were there men are.”

"Well, it's your bounty." Aya looked up at him. "How do you want to handle this?"

Blisk pulled out his grenade launcher. By giving them a light show. See I got these incendiary gernades. I’ll destroy the boat while you take the snipers out.”

"Got it." Aya moved ahead. As Blisk watched with his night vision, Aya made short work of the snipers, two on the towers by the building and two on the building herself. She was a surprisingly nimble climber and quiet. They never saw or heard her combing until she knocked them out.

Blisk loaded his grenade launcher with incendiary grenades, and fired at the boats. Once the gernades hit the boats, the explosions got the attention of the guards and there bounty who finally reveled himself. He saw all his boats burning in the night sky, when he turned to see the culprit he ordered some of his men to deal with the problem.

Aya peeked out from the roof. "I have eyes on the target. Ready to engage on your go."

"Be careful before I get there, you can engage the target but don't get yourself killed." Blisk looked west of the doc." Looks like I got a little bit of company coming my way, your gonna be fine on your own without your powers?"

"I'll be fine. Aya out." She dropped down behind the target, quickly pointing her pistols forward. "You're a hard man to find, you know that?"

The Quarin looked at Aya."Am I supposed to know who you are little Tamarian, what are you some kind of and assassin?"

"Bounty Hunter," Aya corrected. "If I was an assassin, you would already be dead. As a bounty hunter, I am giving you a chance to give up and come quietly."

“Give up you want me to give up?” Zazks laughed at the thought.” Seven thousand to who ever killes this bitch, seventeen if you cripple her.”

Aya looked around quickly. At least ten to one. Not the best odds, but she could work with it. She fired as the men drew their guns, scoring two headshots before ducking behind a door for cover.

they fired at Aya while a few went around to the side trying to flank her sides, but a grenade hit her left flank keeping the men at bay on her left side, the right flank however fired at Aya.

Aya fired back, hitting one more in the chest and grazing another's arm before ducking back again. "This isn't going to end well for you!" she cried out. "I'm not alone. Best give up now before you get hurt." She ducked out of cover again, looking to see where her Quin target went.

When she looked for the target she didn't see him which was shocking for how big he was. Suddenly her cover was gone as she looked up she saw the Quin lifting a car above her." I think you have it twisted, this won't end well for you." Hes said as he was about to slam the car on Aya, but he was getting shot with shotgun shells and used the car as cover himself.

"So this looks like fun." Blisk said.

"Oh, yeah. A regular barrel of Zarmins." Aya ran a man through with her sound and used his body as cover as she moved to Blisk's side. "Already done with your group? You're gonna make me look bad."

"Well i'm a professional, I've been through my fair share of it."

The Quin put the car down and got a good look at Blisk."Wait I remember you, your Oliver Blisk aren't you?"

"Ou you know about me, isn't that an honor."

"Sure everyone in the underworld know the man with a fifteen million bounty on his head."

Aya's eyes widened. "Blisk? You have... a fifteen million bounty on you?"

"In the criminal under world yes, to the rest of the galaxy no. Every criminal wants a piece of me."

"And why wouldn't they! A regular bounty hunter is manageable. But you your deeds in the frontier alone pissed off everyone, criminal there. But you hunted every big criminal around, the rest got nervous of him and put a big price on his head." Zazks said.

Aya smiled slyly. "Didn't know you were so popular. If I was one of the bad guys, I might turn you in myself."

“To witch you be dead, you wouldn’t be the first to try Anyway. That’s why I worked alone for so long.”

But now that you’re here this changes everything, boys keep our guest busy. I need to prepare my weapons for Blisk.” Zazks said running into the doc.

Aya shot another man down before dropping her human shield and running to the discarded car. She aimed at Zazks, but he was already gone. "Shit." She ducked down to reload. "If he has a weapon specifically for you, I'm guessing it's something nasty..."

"I hope so I always enjoy a challenge, and I've had mercenary groups come after me. But I doubt he has a weapon made for me it's more then likely just a weapon of a Quin." Blisk said firing his shot gun at one of the men knocking him into another one, Blisk continued to fire his shotgun and saw the there was very little cover. Blisk looked around and saw a crates littered around the area, Blusk jumped about ten feet on to of a crate and pulled out his grenade launcher and started to rain grenades into the thugs.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Aya chuckled. "Sure is never quiet with you around," she said in amusement. She pulled out a bunch of small, silver objects with a glowing purple core and start tossing them around the thugs before activating them with her wrist device. As they ran to flank her, everytime they stepped on one, they were flung dozens of feet into the air before crashing down to the ground again with sickening thuds.

"I'm a Kotavorge it's what we do." Blisk lifted a crate and threw them at the thugs. Blisk switched to incendiary grenades and fired them into the thugs and lighting up the docks even more with fire. Blisk finally came down from the craits and stood next to the Aya." I think that's the last of them, now then were is that damn Quin?" Blisk made his way to were Zazks was and open the door. When he opened it he was hit with a bolt of electricity and he landed near a car.

"Blisk!" Aya darted back into cover. Because of a Quin's size and strength, their weapons were some of the most dangerous around. Aya inched towards the edge of the car and looked over to her partner. "Blisk! You still breathing?"

Blisk shook his head being caught off guard by the attack." Ugh damn electric weapons, he tried to short out my augmentations with that damn thing."

"Don't go rushing in like that again! That's how you get a lightning bolt up the ass!" Aya rolled her neck and stood up, pointing her pistols at the doorway. "Give it up, Zazks! You couldn't beat us when it was ten to one. Now it is our two against your one, and no fancy new toy is going to stop us. I'm sure you're worth more alive but that won't stop me from killing you if I have to."

Zazks laughed at the taunting and stepped into view the weapons seemed to be a assault cannon. He fired at the two hunters the care itself was torn to shreds, with Both Blisk and Aya under the car." Alright I got a plan for this, Aya when I give flip the car over you need to get his attention I imagine that it will take him a while to turn around with that huge weapon."

Aya nodded. "Don't worry. I'm pretty good at pissing people off. Just make sure you have my back."

"I will just be careful." Once Zazks stooped firing his weapon, Blisk got out to the side of the vehicle and started to lift the car to it's side." Ou come on now do you think that some electric shock was gonna stop me your out of your mind." Blisk said while loading his shotgun and switching it to automatic.

Aya ran to the side, firing at the Quin. "Nice try, asshole! Nice cannon, by the way. Compensating for something? Is that why you deal in drugs? Gotta get your women drugged up to enjoy anything with you, pencil dick!?"

The Quin looked at Aya and started to fire at her or he was until Blisk started to fire his shotgun at Zazks pack of ammo.

"Ou you two are really annoying me, but the woman is worth nothing to me compared to you Blisk." Zazks turned around and fired his weapon at Blisk, Blisk quickly ran into the safe house were he saw a bunch of Cartus hiding around the area.

"Ou shit, Aya there are Cartus here a good few hundred."

"Damn... keep his fire away from the warehouse!" Aya cursed a few times, then grinned. She knew how to get under his skin. "You're using Cartus as drug slaves, huh? Sounds like something a Shinso would do." Aya laughed at Zazks. "Here that, Blisk? We have a Quin that is no better then a dirty Shinso! You might as well have fur! You better kill me, because I'm going to tell all the other Quin across the galaxy how much you love Shinso and act just like them!"

Zazks eyes twitched and reloaded his gun when he looked at Aya he fired explosives rounds at he destroying everything bit of cover it touched.

Aya found herself out in the open with no cover and only one shot left in each of her pistols. At this range, with whatever armor Zazks had on, only a shot through the eye would stop him, and she couldn't count on that. She took a nervous step back and muttered, "If you're going to do something, do it now Blisk or I'm dead..."

“It’s tempting isn’t it.” Blisk said adjusting his Tesla coil. When Zazks went to fire again Blisk fired his Tesla coil at the gun. It wrapped itself around the gun squeezing it tight when he fired the gun exploded in his hand.

Aya let out a sigh of relief, walking over to Zazks as she reloaded her guns. "It's over."

Zazks lunged forward trying impail Aya But Blisk fired his Tesla coil and it wrapped itself around the Quin.

As he struggled to break free, Aya put the sword against his neck. "Yes, this sword can cut through your thick skin. I suggest you play nice."

“Hay play nice we can’t have him jumping into your sword just so we don’t get him alive.”

Aya eyed the Quin for a moment, as if daring him to, before retracing the sword. "Good job, Mr. Blisk. For a minute there, I was afraid you were going to leave me to my fate."

“As tempting as it was for me to have him gun you down, I’m sure JJ will wanna kill me for it. Besides.” Blisk walked to Zazks and kick one of his horns off his head head.” I got me a suvanere out of this.”

Zazks yelled at one of his horns being broke.” You fucking Kotavorg! Peace of shit. Wait till my men get here.”

“By the time they get here we would be long gone.” Blisk looked at Aya.” Can we contact the golden wing to get us?”

Aya lifted her wrist. "JJ, lock on to my location and pick us up please." She looked up. A few minutes later, the Golden Wind could be seen coming into view in the setting sun's light. Aya smiled at Blisk. "Job well done."

“Back to you but before we leave I saw something I wanna bring with us.” Blisk went back to the wear house and brought out not only the Cartus. But a what seemed to be a staus tank.

"What's the tank for?" Aya asked as the ship touched down.

“There’s a woman inside it, a Kotavorg woman. Maybe she belongs to someone?”

Aya nodded in understanding as the ship's entrance opened and everyone started to move on board.

Blisk looked at the woman inside the staus pod and rubbed the glass. Blisk pulled out his pistols and put his foot on Zazks neck.” We’re did you get this?!”

“What would you like to know.”

Blisk fired two shots into Zazks knees. “Answer me We’re did you get this tank bread Kotavorg?! Tell me or I break your other horn!”

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Aya stepped away from the Cartus boarding the ship and placed a hand on Blisk's arm. "Take it easy."

Blisk yanked his arm.” I just immolbalized him, he won’t be going anywhere. And I wanna know we’re he got this from!”

Zazks yelled in pain after being shot in the leg.” Fuck you you damn Kotavorg scum.

"We don't have time for this," Aya urged. "His back up with be here any second. We have to go. Let the GFP interrogate him."

Blisk growled at not getting to interrogate him personally, but he did throw Zazks on the ship and Blisk got on as well. As the golden wing took off Blisk looked at a few of the Cartus slaves.” Huh I guess as long as there safe every thing is alright.”

Aya nodded, patting him on the arm. "That's right. Good job today... partner."

“Sure you did good today as well. For a Tamarin That diden’t have her powers, but you were a good partner as well.”

Aya chuckled and lightly punched his arm before walking off to see JJ and talk to her about dropping the Cartus off somewhere.

Blisk on the other hand went to the communication room and message his contact.” Ah Mr Blisk I’m assuming that you’re calling because you captured Zazks for us?”

“Yeah I got him for you also took out his base of operations and freed his Cartus.”

“Well I don’t care for the Cartus you did excellent work I expected nothing less from you.”

“There’s one more thing, he hade a staus pod with a Kotavorg in it. Is that yours as well?”

The contact was silent for a minute.” You found my client tank bread, I didn’t think Zazks of all people had her. Ou my client will be thrilled to have her back. Thank you Mr Blisk Mr Solax would be pleased with this.”

Black0ut

Black0ut & Dahlexpert present:
Mechanical Titans, Warriors of Different Creeds.

Clanks throughout the ship echoed as Nick walked towards his favorite room, having just gotten a loaner leg from Kazane so he didn't have to hop everywhere. Arriving at the holoroom, the cyborg entered in his code for access, relieved when the door slid open.

When he opened the door he saw another cyborg man fighting what looked to be multiple opponents. When Nick got a closer look he saw Blisk firing a pistol at three people shooting them in there chest, leg and groin. Once Blisk was done he reloaded the weapon and looked at the door to see Nick. "Can I help you with something?"

"I was hoping to be the only one here, so no." He scanned the cyborg with interest. "Kotavorg?"

Blisk turned around to someone with just as much metal parts as him, which put a smile on his face.” Yeah I’m a Kotavorg, and if you weren’t human I say you were one to. Though most Kotavorg with crap parts like you got.”

"Loaners while mine get repaired. Losing limbs against thirty men..." He explained with a subtle grimace. "Anyways, the best parts survived, my worse ones are destroyed. All in all, a typical day." Nick tilted his head. "What brings you into the service of the Golden Wind?"

“What else, the call of money and me getting to hunt other people I couldn’t alone. Also helps that the captain practically begged me to join, after I dragged her across the space station she found me on. It also helps that there are some beautiful woman on this peace of crap ship.”

"You and Kentaro would get along well..." Nick murmured under his breath. "And honestly, the ship isn't that bad. Engines are optimal, weapons are a little sub-par but with two sets of missiles and three fighters, this ship could probably beat a destroyer and at least cripple a cruiser."

Nick stepped further into the room. "But that's just my opinion. Which of the women on board are you interested in?"

“None.” Blisk said sternly.” See to my kind looks mean nothing, it’s your strength that determines wether you breed or not.”

"So you think none of the women here are worthwhile because they're not strong enough? " Nick raised an eyebrow but didn't do more than shrug. "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."

Blisk growled at Nick.” Let me put this is a better meaning then.” They must prove they can take care of not only there selves but others. They must take whatever the galaxy or my home world throws at them, basically if I’m interested in a woman here I must bring them to my home world to prove that there worthy.”

Nick paused then chuckled. "You have weird qualifications for your women, but okay. Kazane, my partner, could easily pass your trials and probably wipe the floor with you. But, given her addiction to a pair of Cartus tits, you're not even on her radar. Given how different your culture is to everyone else, you might want to charm a girl here into being your lover or girlfriend. Then whoever it is might do your trials."

Nick's only arm transformed into a gun before firing at a holographic enemy that appeared. The shot was clean, efficient, and carried a military-level of practice.

Blisk looked at the augmentation then back at Nick.” Is it normal for humans to have military grade augs? Well military according to the GFP Anyway. But I met your partner Kazane she may have the eyes and the look of a killer, but trust me she wouldn’t live taking my people trials.”

Nick paused staring at Blisk before doubling over in laughter. He looked up once to see Blisk's serious face only to continue to laugh. "Y-you can't be serious..." Nick said between laughs, "w-while you think that, she has, for years mind, beaten scarier 'vorgs than you, usually without anyone else there... military training played a part for sure, but given that she has more training than a lowly grunt like me and instincts to boot, she's nigh impossible to defeat. Go ahead, I fuckin' dare you to try." Tears had started to fall out of Nick's eyes as his laughing fit began to end.

“I might just have to do that, it’s been years since I hade a good fight. Well agents a person anyway, and your closed minded everyone can be beaten. There’s no exceptions, besides I’m more curious you two. How did you become partners anyway, did you meet in the GFP?”

"Nope. We met out on a bounty and we worked well together. That's all there is to it." And she's needed me to keep her safe...

"Really the way you were talking about her makes me think you either really admire that woman, or that you tried to be in a relationship with her and it didn't work."

"She's a battle-sister. Of course I admire her. And as for the bait of you trying to get me to say anything about us dating... well, if you think we did, I have no reason to try and answer." Nick fired a couple more energy shots at two more targets that appeared. "So why bother giving you anything but a long-winded sentence?"

Blisk rolled his eyes and pulled out his pistol and fired at four targets in quick succession." Alright then how about something more interesting then, what's with the metal bits metal man. Yes I know i'm one to talk being mostly metal myself but to your extent at least. Don't get me wrong i'm not freaked out by it or anything but did you loose a fight with a meat grinder or something?"

"Plasma IED, actually." The humor that had still been somewhat in his voice vanished for a more mechanical tone, as if his emotions faded away. His arm rifle fired a sweeping burst shot across the target hitting three before an additional burst fire hit two more, narrowly missing a third.

"Hum sounds like your lucky to be alive after that, so were you the target of said attack or was it just some bad luck?"

A few more shots decimated four more targets. "I know we're getting all buddy-buddy here, but that's not something I like to delve into, considering a shit ton of people died with that and I ended up in a coma. So, for now, let's not address why I have prosthetics." Nick said quietly, his gun reverting into a hand, briefly to stick a cigar into his mouth. He promptly lit it with the hot barrel of his gun.

Blisk groaned. "You humans are so damn emotional my stars, fine damn. I never understand what is with your kind and certain things." Blisk said switching to a machine gun and fired at four targets taking them down with ease." Ugh Fine then you talked about crushes and metal bits, is this normal for humans to talk about?"

"We talk about anything and everything. Which is we tend to be divided. So yes and no. I just wanted to see what a Kotavorg was like out of battle." Nick answered, shrugging as he inhaled deeply and let the smoke come gently out.

“We train spar, make augs and breed. Not a lot of wiggle room for talking.”

"Yet you're talking." Nick fired off another couple rounds before his rifle hissed and reverted back into his hand.

“That’s because I had some experience with talking with humans and others back when I was a pirate hunter. But on to more important matters.” Blisk pointed his machine gun at Nick. “Why did you tell Yip I was gonna shoot her?”

Nick's gun was back out within a moment, the rim of the red barrel pointing at Blisk. "I didn't. I said someone less nice than me might decide to pull the trigger. Now, either shoot or put it down. I won't ask again." Gone was the emotions that had begun to resurface; instead a cool, calculating mind stood at the metaphorical wheel, one that would kill Blisk if need be.

Blisk just smiled no panic in his eyes whatsoever. “Aw as much as I would love to see how my weapon would tear you to shreds, cause it’s been a while since I face someone with cybernetics. Ugh, the fight won’t last long for one reason and one reason only.” Blisk but his machine gun dawn and pulled out his pistol. He then pointed his gun at his leg, when he fired there was black armor covering his leg. “I’m kinda bulletproof, damn and it was just getting fun.”

Nick's eyes narrowed. "Plasma that could open a hole in the spacecraft would render you quite dead. However, I have no time to waste with men like you. Pity, I had high hopes for you being amicable enough to be a friend." Nick fired a shot right past Blisk's head, before turning around and opening the door. "Hopefully your small brain gets bigger, Merc." He began walking out, his face twisted into a dark scowl.

Blisk chuckled to himself. “Keep thinking I’m dumb metal man, it always comes back to haunt people. Humans are so emotional when they don’t get what they want, but he seems like fun guy might spare with him some time.” Blisk said while going back to his training.

Last edited:

Black0ut

Black0ut & ShadowHounder present:
Cyborgs and Nanobytes, Oh My!

Elisa wandered around the hallways of the ship for a while before coming across the armory. She curiously opened the door to the weapons room and peaked inside... Wondering what exactly people kept inside for their missions.

A big chest accompanied with a beat up face wearing a trilby, stared back at her. " And what brings you here, little one?" Nick asked, his voice more machine than man. However, despite his sudden appearance, he seemed to be leaning to one side as he stared at her, almost as if something was wrong.

"I was just curious about the kind of gear everyone puts in here..." Elisa answered nervously, Nick's size intimidating her slightly.

The older cyborg stared at her, his intense charcoal eyes metaphorically burning a hole through her. "Why?"

"Because... I was curious?" Elisa stated nervously, not sure how to approach the question.

"Why were you curious of other people's weapons and armor?" Nick repeated again, cracking his neck.

"I'm just trying to learn where I can..." Elisa let out an uneasy chuckle. "Maybe get an idea of what comes in handy on the job."

"Depends on what you're good at shooting with." Nick said quietly, gesturing for her to mention her weapon talents.

"I guess I'm a decent shot..." Elisa responded hesitantly. "I'm not sure how I'll do in hand to hand combat."

"How do you kill people?" Nick asked, reaching around to pull a pistol aimed at the ground. " Like this?" A shotgun came out next. "Or this. This-" Now A rifle, "Perhaps this?" A sleek sniper rifle poked the floor before being put away with all the other weapons. "You use this?" Finally a very sharp knife went in front of her face, the blade in his hand.

A swarm of nanobytes moved around the blade and bent the sharpened metal. They took form of a viper as they moved back to take guard of Elisa. "More like this I guess..." Elisa told Nick hesitantly. "They are a bit overprotective with me... And have their fair share of corpses because of that..."

"Okay. Nano-bots." Nick nodded, storimg that information for later usage. "Anything else you use or is that just it?" He noted how close the machines had come to taking a bite out of his hand, before promptly bending the blade back and sticking it back into storage.

"Well... With the increase of target practice I've had recently..." Elisa placed a finger on her chin while the nanobytes dispersed. "I think I would be good with a sniper rifle..."

"Have you any credits? I could assist you with getting a nice one that you can use."

"Well... If you want to... But I had already set up plans with someone else." Elisa told the large cyborg with a hand on the back of her neck.

He nodded, then stepped aside to let her enter the room.

Elisa walked into the room and examined the various weapons and tools inside. To her surprise, the armory was rather bare... Having very little covering it's walls. "I guess people would have personal storage plans for their more important possession." Elisa realized a lot as she simply walked out of the room... Her curiosity sated.

"Or they have it built in." Nick said quietly, tilting his head. "What's your name little girl?"

"My name is Elisa." The young girl answered cheerfully. "What is yours?"

"Nick. What do you do on the ship?"

"I haven't found a certain spot yet." The innocent child stated. "Ms. Jetstorm says I do well in bounty hunting... And I have experience in performing surgery, so I can help there."

"That just makes you a normal bounty hunter. Do you have any more skills or is that it?"

"That's it so far..." Elisa gave the man a confused expression and a tilted head. "May I ask why you want to know?"

"I'm curious. After all, few use military-grade nano-machines as a weapon, after all." Nick raised an eyebrow.

"They aren't a weapon though... They are my friends." Elisa retorted. "They just tend to get brutal when they are protecting me..."

"That... that's what a weapon does. Therefore your nano-machines are weapons." Nick countered, raising an eyebrow.

"But would you consider a person a weapon simply because they were trained how to kill?" Elisa asked Nick with hesitant curiosity.

"Yes." The larger cyborg answered without hesitation. "They just happen to be a weapon that can think. For example, I'm a weapon. I could kill you in three different ways if I so chose, but I make the conscious decision not to try to do so."

"I feel like I've heard that one before..." The young girl muttered nervously. "You seem to have a... Darker take on life..."

"My viewpoint is irrelevant. What matters is how effective I am in my occupation and how much I can improve myself. Morality, for lack of a better word, is non-existent and flawed." Nick said coldly, stepping out of the armory to walk past Elisa. She would notice that instead of where two humanoid limbs, an arm and leg, would be, all that was there was empty sockets for such attachments. "Such views will get you killed."

"That would be true for most." Elisa stated, her eyes glowing suddenly. "But as long as we are here... The girl is safe."

"Sentient machines are illegal. Are you sure revealing yourself to be wise, bots?" Nick hopped past the girl. "After all, we've just met. How do you know I won't sell you out, hmmm?"

"We are not machines... Biomechanical life forms from a forgotten part of the galaxy." The entities remarked. "Therefore we do not fall in your laws against Artificial Intelligence."

"Many will not see it that way. You are machines first, as you are small, non-humanoids that control people. That, in of itself, labels you as a threat. And because of how machine-like you are, Elisa and you all will be selected for termination." Nick countered, turning around to look at the Elisa and the collective. "Try again. Why are you so sure you can trust me?"

"Because we only wish to keep her safe." The collective explained solemnly. "If we had not been given a host... It is likely we would've gone extinct many years ago. Our motives are direct and clear, to protect and survive. You may not trust us... But you can trust the girl, can you not?"

"No, I don't." Nick said bluntly, taking a second to hop back a few steps. "My trust is not easily earned, especially for random people. If you want it, you, and I do mean you machines, will have to work your asses off until I feel at such a time that you have no ulterior motives beyond your host. The same will be for the girl." Nick turned around, hopping a couple more steps away.

"Do you wish to continue speaking with her?" They asked simply.

Nick paused, mulling it over. "No. She and I have very little in common it seems. If she were become more jaded or experienced in battle, we might then have something worthwhile to discuss. Until then, only you machines intrigue me."

"Then what else would you like to know about us?" The nanobytes asked. "As unless you have something else to ask, we will give control back to the girl."

"Who made you; or more accurately, how did you come to be?" Nick asked, pausing to turn around.

"We have exited long enough that even we can't remember the beginning of our kind." They answered almost immediately. "As with many species... Their original conception was lost in the void of history."

"What are your intentions?"

"We already told you, our intentions are to survive by protecting our host at any cost." The collective repeated with a slight hint of agitation.

"Nothing more? Just survival? Not an organic function like say, reproduction?" Nick raised an eyebrow.

"Yes... The ability to obtain organic metal and repopulate would be helpful... But it is not a primary concern." They remarked somewhat casually. "We doubt we will locate any however... Humans seem to enjoy burning and refining it."

"Fair." Nick started, biting his tongue so as to not blurt out any planet that the swarm could visit for such resources. "Why are you following the whims of a child? You're obviously stronger and could inhabit a stronger host."

"Once a host has been established... The connection can not be broken. We protect her as if she were to die, we die with her." They continued. "Their is also the matter that we can only connect with a willing host. The researchers that found us likely used the girl's young age as a work around... As we had no knowledge of how much of an effect age as on an organic being."

"I see... for now, that wraps up what I wanted to know for now. If you manage to make me into more than an ally, you may end up privy to my own information. And believe me, you won't find much." Nick started hopping away. "See you, machines. Try not to reveal yourselves and get killed as a response."

"We shall try to remain careful from now on..." They remarked, walking towards hallway. "Though... I would suggest you have something prepared for when you meet her again. She will no doubt want to know what happened and she still needs more time before she is ready to know of our nature."

"I always have an explanation." Nick called back, hopping around a corner and out of sight, though his loud clangs made it obvious for where he was.

Insane Darkness

Insane Darkness and Black0ut present...
A Date with a Devil

“Jesus fucking Christ… How are you still alive?” Blaze asked Titania, examining her wounds by gently moving her head and hair around to get better angles.

Titania sat upon one of the med-bay’s improvised beds, bright lights blaring down on the two of them. Blaze’s expression, while normally neutral, was showing concern and confusion or some complex emotion in between. A moveable cabinet sat near the two of them, Blaze idly fiddling with some of the tools with his left hand atop it.

"Couldn't leave you alone when you need more… snarky responses. Besides… you’re my friend." Titania winced a little as she talked, her three-day coma not having helped her. "Didn't want to make you become all… emotional." Her tone dropped for the last comment, her voice a bit more serious.

“Funny. Try me later,” Blaze muttered, monotone. After a few moments of silence and examination, Blaze stood up with a grunt, making his way to the wall cabinets. “So,” he started as soon as he opened a cabinet, “I shall prescribe some medication for you… Just some, uh… pain relieving meds.” He closed the cabinet and opened another one, rifling through its contents. “Where is the damn… Ah! There it is!” Blaze pulled out a small bottle from the back, rattling on the way out. “Normal shit does next to nothing for those like us. Gene modded, I mean.” He sat back down in his seat, placing the bottle in Titania’s hand. “As long as you refrain from doing crazy shit, you should be fine in a few more days. Maybe hours. I am not a qualified doctor. So, have fun.” The Celentius gave the Dondondari two pats on the shoulder.

"Will do…" She replied, only to sit up with a hiss, "How… bad was I? It obviously freaked you out enough… to be concerned."

“Imagine a mass of black, purple and blue skin with red dots scattered around. Now, imagine the texture of mangled flesh. It is four times worse than what you are imagining.”

"Heh… guess I need to make sure they don't hit my face so I can be a beautiful, crippled woman." Titania joked, trying to ease the seriousness of the situation with a grin.

“Well, be beautiful, crippled, and capable. I still need you to keep your job.” Blaze left the room, leaving Titania with an awkward ending to their conversation.

Titania got up slowly, making sure to be careful. She walked, instead of jogging to her room per the norm. As she arrived, she noticed that her power armor was already repaired but her helmet appeared to be missing. "Probably too damaged." She thought aloud, before finding her sword and using it to go through her kata. After a bit of noting what she could do with surprisingly little pain, Titania went to her dresser to find her spare combat underlay armor. In all honesty, it was just a blue jumpsuit she would wear that helped lessen damage, but was nowhere near the level of military hardware, let alone Fee tech.

Taking three pills, which had a warning of potential drowsiness, Titania wandered over to her bed and felt under the mattress for her Datapad. She promptly selected a bounty that she figured wouldn't be too deadly for her to undertake. A simple bring in mission that didn't care about the target's livelihood. Leaving it on her bed, she quickly changed into her jumpsuit and proceeded out of the halls before she paused. I'm not at a hundred percent… I could still fail my contract or get myself killed if I go alone… perhaps that sniper… with that line of thinking, Titania redirected herself towards Ella's door. Knowing the door wouldn't open for her as Ella probably hadn't set it to allow Titania in, she merely knocked and waited.

As the door opened a few moments later, loud blaring metal music played before Ella was revealed from behind it, a little disheveled. She wore a loose t-shirt and pants and very little else. “Yes?”

Ella recognized a look in Titania's eyes that threatened to pick her up once more; which quickly faded in lieu of a more serious expression. "Are you busy?" She asked, her tail curling around her hips.

“Not terribly. What’s up?”

"Is your aim with that rifle still good?"

“Hasn’t changed a bit. Do you have need of it?” Ella’s ear twitched.

"I might. Depends if five thousand credits is worth it to you." Titania held a neutral expression, studying the smaller woman.

“Well, what’s your cut, then?” The Shinso narrowed her eyes in mock suspicion.

"Anything we find that may be useful is mine, along with a thousand credits from the mission rewards. And if you say no, then I will pick you up and walk around with you for an hour at least."

“I’d prefer to take fire from enemies than to be picked up by you again… So fine…”

"Great! Just so you know, this is a stealth mission, because the area has a lot of enemies and the client wants the place untouched as much as possible." Titania offered another smile, before holding her hand out, "So what do you say? Can you be the master of stealth I need?"

Ella’s heart rate quickened. “Give me a sec,” she responded quickly, closing the door and dashing away back into her room.

Titania blinked, a little stunned at the abruptness of Ella. "Oooookay…"

Ella reappeared moments later, holding her hands behind her back. “Hold out your hand.”

Titania did as instructed, raising an eyebrow with a subtle wince.

A very small object was felt being placed on her hand. “Don’t squish it. It’s very fragile,” Ella warned.

"What is it?" Titania asked as she studied it more extensively.

“It’s a contact. For your eye, I mean. It lets me show you things that I otherwise couldn’t. So enemies are easier to see and you are able to measure distance in the way that I do, if that’s helpful for you. You have different colored eyes, so it works better for you than most others. It’s rather obvious when there’s something to compare the odd eye out to,” Ella explained with extreme passion.

"True… but you know I'm genetically modified, right? I can see farther than you should be able to. So… are you sure it'll work on me?" Titania asked, frowning a little.

“The contact itself sends a signal back to me that lets me know what you see, among other things. It’s nothing too fancy. Though it did take me a few months to figure out…”

"Okay… if I'm going to wear this, a dress, and a fuckton of makeup for a stealth operation into a highly guarded area, you're going to give me your datapad number so we can chat in transit to targets." The Fox demanded, giving her a cocky wink and grin to boot.

Ella merely pointed to the contact. "If you log into your data pad while wearing that, it will automatically give you my information."

"Alright. You're going to have to hang out with me and be more open and less 'I am emotionless and humorless sniper with the emotional range of a toaster.' Okay?"

"I believe it's more of a microwave oven, but I understand your point. However, no hugs. Only consensual ones. Which shall be rare. Because I'm not a huggy person."

"Hugs every month and you got a deal."

"That's rather excessive. Two months."

"That's only twelve hugs a year if we follow Terran calendars. That is a reasonable amount of hugs."

"Six is reasonable. Twelve is too many. In the future, I'm willing to extend it."

"Nine."

"Seven."

"Eight."

"Seven and a half. The half being a high-five."

"Seven and a half… you got a deal." She stuck her hand out with a rather polite smell.

"And announce your loophole in 3, 2, 1…" Ella shook Titania's hand at two.

"Plus tax, that's twelve." Titania laughed, an almost girlish giggle coming from the normally tomboyish fox.

"Of course…" Ella mumbled.

"You're dealing with a Dondondari trader, Ella. Always assume there's tax."

"I did. I just waited for you to say it."

"Then secretly you wanted to be hugged if you knew what I was going to do." Titania replied with a smirk.

"It was more that I understand how futility works," Ella countered. "I'm not dumb, Titania."

The foxgirl held up her hands. "Never said you were, Ella."

"Good." Ella shut her door, leaving Titania alone in the hallway.

"Touch moody… and insecure." Titania murmured, placing the contact onto her golden eye as she walked away towards her own room to prepare.

Titania felt a small bite into her skin near her eye. "Insecure? Maybe. But I'm good at a select few things. Like sniping. So I would say only some things make me feel insecure. And by some, I mean a lot." Ella's voice rang out in Titania's head.

"And so you take it out on unsuspecting people? Hardly seems fair." Titania replied, a cough prompting a hand to come up to her lips. "So why is the woman who needs not feel insecure about anything, feeling insecure about small things?"

Last edited:

Insane Darkness

A Date with a Devil pt. 2

Ella ignored her questioning. "Vital signs normal… heavy injury to the head… partial internal bleeding. You came back from a mission only a few days ago and you're still standing, but just barely. Healing factor or not, doing any mission is dangerous and will stress me out… But I need some money for some new extra parts…" Ella listlessly talked to herself through the connection as she gathered her stuff together.

"A battery-operated boyfriend?" Titania guessed, her rather lewd question asked in an innocent tone.

"Oh, if only…" Ella responded in an equally sarcastic way. "No, my talents are used for much more selfish means than satisfying lust. Like murder. God, do I love murder…"

"Hey, I don't judge fetishes. If that's what gets you off, it's what gets you off. Just make sure to keep a condom if you actually find a dude who you like and want to fuck. It wouldn't do for a nineteen year-old sniper to get pregnant." Titania said softly, closing her eyes as she walked.

"Hey, they call it the Sniper's Peak for a reason." Ella instantly replied, her voice muffling a little as she was changing her clothes.

"I feel bad for whatever man you decide is your type. He's going to have to be the most witty bastard in the world and he'll have to understand girl slash emotionless sniper talk." She teased before her tone turned more serious. "So… you got a type of man you want?"

For a few moments, nothing came through the connection. "A military man. Strong, yet scarred, though humble."

"Any particular race, or does that not matter to you ?" Titania asked, tilting her head to the side as she opened her eyes.

"I'd fuck a Cartus before I'd fuck a racist," Ella stated matter-of-factly. "I believe many Cartus have sizeable penises compared to some of the Shinsos'. I wouldn't mind getting into some of that action~," Ella half-joked.

"You wouldn't believe how accurate that is… they got fairly large cocks, at least if my sample size of two is anything to go off of. The Shinso I slept with… his was rather… inadequately sized." Titania explained, before shrugging. "But if you ever need a wingman to help you with guys or get you away, I'm your girl."

"That's… rather generous. What’s your angle, Merchant?" Ella asked, suspicious.

"I want a close friend, since my best friend is in a coma and my family is currently near a pulsar which blocks communications." Titania answered bluntly, finally arriving at her own room.

"A close friend… so more than a friend, less than a romantic partner…" Ella paused for a moment. "Now, I know that you can see, but… I believe your ability to judge people is flawed."

"Says the woman who is insecure and hides her emotions." Titania looked in the mirror at her jumpsuit before going over to her datapad. Hitting a few settings, the jumpsuit faded to her skin tone and tightened around her curves. She walked over and looked at her full body mirror. "I've gotten a little chubby…" She complained, checking herself out.

"Some guys prefer meat on your bones. More to grab onto, or so I've heard." Ella's voice changed tone as she continued. "And you say I'm insecure? I mean… I am, but..."

"From a gene-modded perspective, I've gained weight." She sighed, before she went over to her bathroom to grab what she was looking for; an elegant red dress with accents of gold, covered and hanging from the towel bar.

"Cute~! Your dress, like, totally matches your skin tone," Ella joked in a Valley Girl voice.

"That's what I wore when I was head trader of a sector in a known Dondondari trading ship." Her tone becoming more stern, her reflection stonily looking back at herself for a moment before her expression shifted to a more neutral one. She took it off the hangar and began her retreat back into her room proper.

"Well, it's gorgeous. So don't let my joking tone make it seem that I thought it looked like shit." Ella paused for a moment. "Why are you wearing a dress? What is this mission you're putting us on?"

"Capture of a target at a gala, with no wounds inflicted whatsoever. Corrupt mayor of a district, and so to avoid civilian casualties, I'm going to try to seduce him." She explained, as she started putting her dress on. "Human and has a taste for 'animal' girls. I'm going to knock him out personally if - when I get him alone. You can either go in with me as another important Lady of the Gala or provide me with sniper cover. Your choice."

"I'm no temptress. Sniper fire please." Ella grumbled. "And just so you know, I don't often take capture missions."

A rough and demanding female voice suddenly pierced Titania's mind. "What is the name of the target? Also, what is your plan for success if Ella joins you inside?" Vi asked.

Titania blinked, her eyes confused. "Say Ella, this comm link is just between you and me right?"

Ella sighed. "And Vi…"

"I am well aware you are not as disappointed as you sound." Even though one could not see the glaring, one could definitely feel Vi's glare towards Ella.

"Titania, meet Vi. She's my… everything. Basically."

"Hi Ella's lover. As for the plan, I myself could easily obtain a legitimate invitation as I am a trader and a well known one at that. I could bring Ella in as a protege and give a diplomatic reason for why she wouldn't speak, if Ella wasn't comfortable to do so. We'd approach the target, a human named Roy Danvers, who has a specific kink with Dondondari, Cartus, and Shinso." Titania involuntarily shivered at the mere thought of such a creep. She shook it off as she finished putting her dress on, now only needing to zip the back up.

"Utilizing this weakness we'd get close to him, and I, as this is more my court than Ella's, would seduce him and bring him to a secluded area for 'intimacy'. For it to work, Ella would need to show some interest in him because no sane man, or at least no pervy one, would miss the chance for a potential threesome with two attractive women. There, we render him unconscious and locate an exit, which the client gave us the floorplan."

"Be happy I am incapable of possessing the intent to kill." Vi prefaced before she continued. "The odds of success with Ella using her sniper at range is around 63%. Risky, but potentially possible. Your plan, Titania, gives us a potential success rating of 89%, so long as Ella is able to get within close enough proximity to Roy to administer a taser effect through her cybernetic arm. However, I ask that you please gaze upon the floor plans with your eyes so I may familiarize the two of you on site with the layout of the gala, if necessary."

"Just listen to her…" Ella groaned.

Titania shrugged before going over to her datapad. She closed her right eye as she unlocked it, and opened it once she was going into the bounty details, keeping a steady gaze at the floor plan. "So, Vi… do you think I'll pass within the parameters of the target's interest so as to be attractive?"

A flooding of images filled Titania's vision, comprised of many beastly humanoids similar to Titania's own appearance. "Out of these images, Roy is likely to be immensely attracted to 5% of them. However, it is likely he would have sexual relations with 98% of them, so your odds are rather in your favor. In Layman's terms, 'Don't worry about it'."

"And Ella's chances?"

A flooding of new images replaced the previous ones. "Out of these related images to Ella's appearance, Roy is likely to be immensely attracted to 63% of them. I am not sure how accurate my algorithm is, but… it seems, according to my calculations, he would have sexual relations with every single one."

"Oh great. A lolicon." Ella's voice lacked all enthusiasm.

Titania spied her makeup kit and grabbed it before promptly leaving her room to travel to Ella's. "It could be worse. He could've been a lolicon and a serial rapist. Right?"

"In Roy's criminal record, it appears that someone has deleted a few entries. The likeliness that your suggestion is, in fact, true is around 72%. Good luck, Ella."

"Oh, thanks. I feel so much better about my chances..." Ella muttered.

"Happy to help."

"Hey, I'll be there to keep you safe. You don't have to worry." Titania reassured, spying Ella's door a short distance away.

"What do I wear to meet a lolicon rapist mayor? A swimsuit?!" Ella asked rhetorically.

"Find a cute dress that shows off your boobs but not overly so. Men are drawn in by either curves or hints of feminine shapes that aren't too promiscuous." Titania advised before speeding up her pace arriving at Ella's door with a knock.

"It's open." Titania heard Ella's voice through the door instead of in her head. As Titania opened the door, she was greeted with a very messy sight. On the desk in the corner was a bunch of tools and metal parts that even made their way to the floor. On the bed laid a messy blanket sitting next to a few dresses and corsets. "So, I'm thinking the black dress with the black corset… or that's just my goth side speaking. Which happens a lot…"

Titania stared at Ella with a look of disapproval before sighing and gently petting her ears. "Your colors probably are an ocean blue and a trim of subdued gold, which is your abused corset, or that violet dress with the black corset. I personally would go for the blue if I was dressing you, as while it shows we're different it also coordinates us via the gold and therefore doesn't clash."

"The ocean blue also makes me seem more fragile and innocent… Fuck it. I'll get molested enough for the both of us." Ella immediately picked up the two objects Titania recommended before looking into the Dondondari's eyes. "So, I need you to stop petting me and leave so I can change."

Insane Darkness

A Date with a Devil pt. 3

"First, I'm straight, which I'm only saying now because I think you think I'm a lesbian or bi. Second, I need you to zip the back of my dress. Thirdly, I'm also doing your makeup because this is literally what I had to do for every trade ship meeting, so formal makeup is kinda my shit." Titania countered, before shrugging. "I can turn around if you're insecure." Titania resumed petting her ears, waiting for an answer.

"I think you mean 'because', not 'if'." Ella glared at Titania, waiting for her to follow through with her promise.

"Vi, could you tell me why Ella's so insecure?" Titania asked, turning around as part of the agreement.

"Her family's a bunch of prideful, successful Shinsos. She's not successful. Or wasn't. She still has a lot to prove."

"Even though a typical sniper would struggle to hit me or delay me long enough from arriving to engage in a melee? Seems like she doesn't have much to prove, especially with her skills."

"She understands that without me, a lot of what she's capable of goes right out the window, so to speak. She's weak, naive, forgetful, and terrible at almost everything she does. I am here to fill in for her flaws and make her seem like a normal person. When she lets me."

"Naive, I'd disagree with. 'Terrible at everything she does' seems like absolute bullshit-"

"Almost. Almost everything," Vi corrected.

"And people who are weak fight a hell of a lot harder than those who are strong. Forgetful? Maybe she is, but even then that's not exactly a bad thing, even on a job. I'd say she's perfectly fine. If those are the bad qualities she has to worry about, than she shouldn't worry so much. She's accomplished with or without you, Vi. You help make her stronger and keep her sane, but her strength isn't entirely from you."

"I'm not the one you need to convince," Vi argued, Ella wordlessly changing during their conversation.

"Which is why I decided to have a verbal conversation with you. So she could hear it and know at least one person thinks highly of her and dismisses her comments about herself." Titania said softly keeping her eyes straight forward. "Because she isn't the lowest of her siblings, she's the one they admire."

"She fears ridicule. Disrespect. Weakness. Your words do not challenge her fears. They make them worse. You speak facts, which I admire. Though, her fears are indirectly related to her insecurities and her flaws. In my personal opinion, she's a lost cause. Best to leave her be to sort everything out herself."

"Doing that only will continue this skewed outlook, as this is the product of her trying to sort it out." Titania said softly, her tone far gentler than she had used towards other bounty hunters. "At the very least, letting her know that she has a friend that thinks she's amazing should help… even if she doesn't consider me one in return, and finds me more annoying than anything else."

"Relying on someone else to fix your problems is a sign of weakness. Not to mention, while I'm sure it's hard to believe, Ella thinks of herself as a nice person and expects that if she leaves you alone, you will leave her alone and that's also how she prefers it. She doesn't wish to bother people with her issues. Especially if they can't do anything to help in the first place."

"I'm done," Ella announced brightly, turning around to face Titania.

Titania turned around, her eyes saddened but focused. She eyed the Shinso with a critical eye, scanning her for anything that a merchant woman wouldn't have, i.e. wrinkles and the like. "Do a spin for me."

Ella spun on command, the dress flowing in a circle around her before she stopped in the same spot she started. The zipper on her back was completely zipped up to the top.

"Good. Now, I'm going to make you the prettiest woman at the Gala. You're also not allowed to move, blink at certain parts or even breathe, or have horrible chemicals, brushes, and other painful tools hurt you worse than any laser burn or broken bone could." Titania said sternly, before popping her makeup kit out. "So let's begin."

"So long as I don't get a loli rapist mayor dick up my vag-"

"Hold your breath." Titania ordered as she began her meticulous and time-consuming makeup session.

---------- One Hour Later -----------

Titania paused as she looked over her work. She did well, but she could've done better. Ella's lipstick made her lips seem fuller and much more kissable. Her eyeshadow and liner were, as Titania told Vi, 'on point'. All in all, Titania's makeup had transformed the sniper into something a Shinso model would be envious of.

Had she been smiling. "I feel like a birthday cake…" she complained.

Holding out her makeup mirror for Ella to hold and examine Titania's handiwork, the foxgirl sighed. " I'm sorry, I could've done a better job, but I just… I don't know. I'm sorry."

"I look like you took my face and made it into the Mona Lisa's child and then had 46 other painters cover it in raw talent. And you said this could be better?"

Titania nodded. "Yeah… I could've done better line work and curled your lashes better. Maybe chose a better blush…"

"You haven't touched my face with makeup before. I doubt this man will give a damn about any potential mistakes in my makeup while he reaches towards my ass. Milady." Ella fake-curtsied to the older woman, which was more effective in displaying her intent at a joke since they were sitting down.

"Hey, just because we're there for a target won't mean that there won't be a guy your type there. Maybe you might find a slightly older Cartus warrior with some sca- I just probably made the universe grin at my joke and there'll actually be that kind of guy there." Titania paused before sighing at what hopefully wouldn't be a distraction at the event. "Anyways, you mind zipping me up? I'll have to do my makeup quick because I spent a lot of time on yours."

"Sure thing, milady. It would be incredibly disrespectful of me to deny you aid for a task you are incapable of completing on your own. Here, turn that way so I may access the source of your stress." Ella's voice resonated with a softness over a fancy accent that at first sounded fake but evolved to sound completely natural.

"Right accent, wrong words. No Milady or Milords unless we're talking to Shinso. A simple ma'am will work." Titania corrected, turning around so Ella could finally pull her zipper up.

"Of course, ma'am." Her accent arose once again as she zipped up her superior.

"No need for it while we're getting ready, Ella. You might make Vi jealous." Titania teased, trying and failing to hide her grin.

“How so?”

Titania just winked as she used her tube of lipstick, obviously refusing to answer.

Vi answered for her, though the answer itself was directed at someone other than Ella. “I’m not capable of jealousy, Titania.”

Titania let out a little bit of a girlish giggle at that, before she finished applying her lipstick. “Sure. Sure you are, Vi. Hey, Ella. Can you tell me about yourself a bit more? Like your history, the things that made you who you are today?”

“What have I told you already?”

“Born to a family of, and I’m guessing, four brothers and sisters. You’re nineteen. And you’re named Ella.” Titania said rather blandly. “You didn’t really tell me much. Then again, you also shot my tail, so that says a lot about you.” A grin came unsolicited to Titania’s face at her teasing response.

“I suppose it does.” Ella paused, collecting her thoughts. “I was born the runt. My two older siblings were the best at everything. My brother, a scholar. Always messing with books. My sister, a fighter. Always picking on my two little brothers. Well, little is the wrong word, since they’re taller than me… But you get the point. She’d protect me from everything, which made me feel even worse about being the weakest one. So I picked up weapons, specifically guns. I graduated from my school at the age of ten, low grades across the board. I didn’t reach the requirements to progress on to the next school, so I just cut my losses and became a bounty hunter. In the field, I ended up shattering my shoulder and couldn’t work. One day, an old school friend of mine told me of a Fee engineer. She told me that he knew a lot about cybernetics and Virtual Technology. I was lowkey interested in those topics, but I’d yet to truly explore those subjects. She was going to get one of her own limbs replaced. I think the… left leg? Maybe?... I don’t remember too well. We don’t speak too much anymore. But that’s how I got the arm and, a few months later, Vi was implanted in my head.”

“It was a terrible experience.”

“Shut up. You love me.”

“That’s a laugh. Hah.”

“No, that’s not a laugh. That’s you being an asshole.”

“And whose fault is that?”

“Yours, I’m sure.”

“Right, as it’s the tree’s fault the apple grew to fall off.”

“Where did you learn that idiom?”

“It’s good, right?”

“No, it’s terrible. What website did you get that from?”

“A knock-off haiku website called ‘Ukiah’. They say they’re rewriting the restrictions of haikus to make them more free-feeling.”

“That’s disgusting.”

“Speaking of disgusting, did you shower before you were covered in makeup?”

“Yes. You know I did.”

“Deodorant?”

Ella paused, then refused to comment.

“Titania, Ella isn’t wearing any deodorant.”

“She should use perfume to mask it, then.” Titania replied, seemingly not fazed. She had just completed what she had done to Ella in a fraction of the time, letting out a sigh before walking over to Ella.

“I don’t think you can comprehend the smell of Ella’s armpits.”

“Shut up. You don’t even have any armpits.”

“I have armpits. And while they may not be real armpits, at least they don’t smell like yours.”

“My armpits smell fine, thank you. And even if they didn’t, I’m putting on perfume right now.”

“Which one, though? By my calculations, all of your perfumes would turn him off.”

Insane Darkness

A Date with a Devil pt. 4

“Then what would you recommend, Titania?” Ella asked, switching her attention to the Dondondari herself.

“Rude…” Vi muttered.

Titania paused, looking at the sniper. “I know we’re going on a mission, but… haven’t you ever had to gussy yourself up for a date?”

“A date? As in…?” Ella’s ears twitched as her tail swished around.

Titania leaned down, now frowning somewhat. “Have you ever had a boyfriend, Ella? Or someone you are interested in?”

“Let’s see… There was Tommy, Robert, Dennis, Orlando, and maybe a few others… Ah, but they all died in combat… And by combat, I mean girl troubles… Good shots, but couldn’t treat a woman if they tried. And then I was just sitting down in a corner, watching it all happen. Alone. Like always. So, to answer your question, no.”

“Oh… Gods…” Titania rubbed her temples, obviously shocked by the admission, “I’m going to have to teach you how to flirt, aren’t I…?”

“I’m a good actor. I can do it. I’ve only ever flirted towards people who haven’t been listening. But, someone who’s looking at my body is probably about as easy to flirt with as them, so I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“No. You’re going to show me these ‘skills’ of yours. And if I think you can, I’ll drop it. If not, we’re practicing.” Titania refused adamantly. “So go ahead. Try to flirt with me.”

Ella cleared her throat. “Hello, cutie. What are you doing here in my room~?”

“Oh, nothing. Just wanted to say that you’re too new to this.” Titania raised an eyebrow, shaking her head slowly.

“Oh, come on, now! There’s no way you can deny me~.” Ella moaned lightly as she moved closer to Titania’s face. “You smell lovely~.”

“Wow, you’re kind of a creep, aren’t you?” Titania made a face of faux disgust and wariness, as she continued to shake her head.

“A bit of a harsh critic, aren’t you? I’m only trying my best for you~…” Ella feigned sadness, looking up at Titania’s eyes with her own puppy-dog eyes.

Titania started nodding, “Well, what else can you do for me, then?” The foxgirl obviously hinted, trying to convey what she wanted without giving Ella any actual words to describe her failures or successes.

“Well~, I can give you a massage… A very nice massage with my small and delicate hands. Or~, maybe they can focus on an area much more… personal?” Ella glided her hand down Titania’s arm, making sure to merely skim the surface.

“Oh, but I’m not sore, though…” Titania said softly, giving her an innocent look. “Why would I need a massage, then?”

“You’re right. Of course you’re right. You’re always right.” Ella looked into Titania’s eyes. “So, Miss Right, what would you want me to do?”

“Ease into it, Ella. Start off with several compliments, while responding in kind. Then work up to light flirting, like say, the massage option you gave. Then once whoever is interested in you, go for heavy flirting, like asking for a room and maybe nibbling on an earlobe.” Titania replied crossing her arms. “When the guy is suitably interested in you, you move to light flirting. When he’s horny or if you’re closer to said person and they’re not a target, you go to heavy flirting.”

“Well, when you said I was new at this, it threw me off…” Ella complained.

“No excuses.” Titania started before getting that innocent look on her face. “Try again.”

Ella sighed before she regained her composure. “Hello, miss. I couldn’t help but notice your beautiful eyes from over here. What are your plans for today~?”

Titania smiled, holding a hand to her face. “Oh, I have to go to a Gala and have some fun… why do you ask?” She said, her tone a happy and, if her face didn’t reveal the truth, blushing one.

“Do you need a partner? Someone to make you look even more stunning than you are? I’m willing to make that sacrifice for you~.” Ella clasped her hands together in front of her, twisting nervously side to side.

“Are you sure? I wouldn’t want a beautiful woman such as yourself to feel as though you have to…” Titania tilted her head, letting her heterochromatic eyes sparkle a little from the lighting in the room.

“Nonsense. I am merely here to please. Though I appreciate the fact that you think I’m beautiful. But you are much more so that I can’t even compare, like the moon in the sky compared to the speck of a star light-years away.”

Titania feigned to blush, before she nodded slowly. “Then I’d be happy to have you as my partner for the Gala. I hope we can get to learn about one another a bit more when we attend.” Her tone became a little flirtatious as she batted her naturally long eyelashes.

“I would love to learn all about you~. Like, where do you work? What do you do?”

“Well, I’m a merchant by trade… and I suppose that answers what I do… what do you do, Miss…?” Titania asked, gently reaching out to grab Ella’s hand in a gesture that felt sincere from the way her eyes looked into Ella’s.

Ella’s fingers glided across Titania’s as she slowly embraced her hand with her own. “My name is Ella. My own line of work isn’t as flattering, I’m afraid. I’m sort of a technical engineer, creating products for the everyday individual. If you don’t mind my asking, what is your name? I’m sure it’s magnificent~.”

“My name’s Titania, you shameless flirt.” Titania giggled, holding her free hand up to her lips.

“Titania~! What a fantastic name for a fantastic woman of your caliber. The mere name dances on my tongue!” Ella pressed her moderately-sized breasts into Titania’s arm before looking up into her eyes. “What do you plan to do at the Gala, Titania? I’m merely curious how you enjoy spending your time.”

“Oh, well… you see, while it’s formal and held in a rather luxurious building, the actual festivities include dancing, a bit of light social drinking, and a live band as well as a DJ for more esoteric options.” Titania listed off, before batting her eyes at the snow leopard. “I intend to dance and drink… and make a few deals while I’m there.”

“Deals? Your work never rests, it seems~. Are you always so driven~?”

“Well… I have enough time for beautiful,-” a hand trailed up Ella’s spine, “cute,-” her hand moved to stroke Ella’s cheek with a tenderness that was both sensual as it was enticing. “and gorgeous women like you~” Her hand went down to brush past her spine and finally resting near her posterior.

With each touch to Ella’s spine, she let out a breathy moan, her body wriggling uncontrollably under her touch. When she was finally able to return her gaze to Titania, she was leaning on her shoulder. “Your hands… so gentle, yet… playful and…” Her stare became a little more fierce. “naughty, maybe? Not that I mind~.”

“Oh~?” Titania replied, her hand teasingly going over Ella’s back. “Me doing this is naughty? Then you haven’t had anything truly *naughty* happen to you.” Her hand increased in speed, simulating what a more subtle person might try to do to her.

Ella’s moans, the more times Titania touched her back, the less breathy they became. “You’re… ruthless…”

“But I’m not… I’m actually quite merciful. Perhaps… you’re too sensitive~?” Titania whispered, her hand slowing down slightly.

Ella moved her mouth closer to Titania’s ears. “Now that you’ve let up a little, I can return the favor~...” the snow leopard whispered, dragging a finger down Titania’s back before petting her tail. “My, what is this? Is this your tail or are you just happy to see me?”

Titania shivered a little, before nodding her head. "You pass. You'd succeed on a medium-level target. And considering you're a newbie, that's impressive." Titania began petting Ella's ears, making sure to smile at the sniper, this time a carefree and jovial one.

Ella took a deep breath, letting Vi normalize her blood pressure. “You’re scary…”

"How so?" Titania tilted her head, her eyes blinking cluelessly at the sniper as she continued petting her.

“You made me suffer…” she growled, purrs underlying her words.

"Well, I had to make sure that you could actually handle targets and that you wouldn't either get seduced by one, and that you could seduce them in kind." Titania answered, lifting her companion up via her still trapped arm. She continued petting Ella as she searched the sniper's abode for any high heels she might possess.

“That’s one. Out of twelve,” Ella reminded sternly.

"But you never said anything about me petting your ears." Titania replied, trying to hide a giggle by coughing away from Ella.

“I didn’t.” Ella’s tone made it seem like she had more to say.

Titania, after not finding any high heels, stopped petting and held her out in front of her with both hands. "Have you ever worn high heels, Ella?"

“Yes. And then they were immediately tossed in the trash.”

"Why…?"

“You can’t look me in the eyes and honestly tell me they aren’t a pain to wear.”

"They are and they show off your ass and accentuate your boobs so that targets get closer to you." Titania said sternly, turning her attention to Vi. "And you, Vi… you're supposed to give her tactical info. This, in this circumstance, falls under that kind of purview."

“Men don’t often look at a girl’s feet, let alone if their dress reaches the floor. Low-heel dress shoes are adequate enough for a mission such as this. Not to mention, if Ella needs to run, the expensive shoes will die. And neither of us will care. Except our wallet will. And that’s no fun,” Vi rattled off.

"It doesn't matter if the shoes are platforms or not, it matters for drawing the target out and towards her. Accentuating a feminine form and maintaining the cover are essential." Titania countered, raising an eyebrow. "And doing so means little to no combat. Thus, cover can beat that necessity."

“There is a pair of high heels in the back of her shoe cabinet,” Vi informed.

“SHUT UP,” Ella demanded between her clenched teeth.

“I already said it. What do you want from me?”

Insane Darkness

A Date with a Devil pt. 5

Titania groaned before glaring at Ella. "You're gonna owe me either money or more hugs. I'm going to buy you shoes that you'll like. And because you have no other option besides those high heels and more comfortable ones I'll buy. You get to choose." Her voice was harsh, the sound of an actual merchant unhappy about losing money.

“I will double the hugs not to wear those monstrosities.” Ella pointed a panicked finger towards her shoe cabinet.

"More. You're going to pay me two hundred credits and double the hugs." Titania's eyes were steely as was her tone, making it seem like arguing with her was not a good option.

“That’s a little excessive.”

"Do we have a deal?"

“We have a deal, singular. Not really an acceptable one.”

"Accept. I am going to be paying for your shoes with a significant amount of money."

“Have you ever thought that, maybe, I don’t need really expensive things?”

"You want something of quality, that won't hurt your feet and you want it to be stylish enough that you'll blend in at a rich guy's Gala? Then it's going to be expensive, considering, I'm going to go on this mission for only five hundred credits. Therefore, because I'm being nice, take the damn offer."

Ella grumbled. “Fine…”

"Good." Titania set down the sniper, and gestured towards the door. "We'll swing by a fancy shoe shop on the way there, so put on some flats. I'll meet you outside when you're ready to go." She left without waiting for a response, groaning a little internally.

---

“I am going to murder everyone here with these shoes so that what they’re worth means something to me…” Ella threatened under her breath only loud enough for Titania to hear as they walked away from their hover-limosine towards the ever-expanding queue of Gala attendees.

"Hey, you picked them out. Don't be cranky that they're expensive. They help you blend in here… think of them as camouflage." Titania replied with a similar low voice. "And why are you so aggressive? You weren't nearly this hostile earlier."

“I’ve made you buy me shit. Nearly useless shit. If I can get a refund on these, I will…” Ella muttered.

"You're the weirdest girl ever… you act cold and calculating and then when you receive something beneficial to you, you start complaining…" The foxgirl shook her head, letting out a soft sigh.

“I’ll stop complaining… Don’t want to draw suspicion.” Ella put on her acting face, where only tiny muscles that could be seen from two inches away were betraying what her face portrayed; irritation, as opposed to happiness.

As they waited in the queue, Titania mentally ran through her checklist and potential obstacles, not even realizing they had reached the front of the queue.

“Welcome. Tickets, please?” A ten foot burly Quin held out a massive hand, wearing a suit threatening to bust off of his muscles at a moment’s notice.

“Woah… Shit.” Titania heard Ella say in her head.

Titania pulled them out of a small, black purse. "Here you go." She said softly and with a sweet, gentle smile, she held the tickets out for him to take.

“Thank you, miss. For you two?” The man pointed a finger the size of half of Ella’s hand at the two of them.

"Yes. She's my protege." Titania said, her voice becoming a little more silky and slightly more seductive.

He passed the tickets to a much shorter individual beside him, who stood at a mere two and a half feet tall. He wore a much more fitting formal attire to his body type in contrast, though his actual appearance looked more like he came out of a fairy tale, as he had pointed ears and wrinkly skin with his large nose and squinty eyes. He tore the tickets in two, giving them the other halves. “Have a good time,” the man said in a nasally voice, an overly-large smile on his face.

"I will. Thank you, kind sir~." Titania replied with a seductive smile, as she walked past with her eyes glancing over his chest briefly.

The man merely bowed as she walked past, his smile still present, even while no longer visible.

The Gala was held inside a rather luxuriant building; it held tall vaulted ceilings with golden accents on the highest parts of the building, potted flowers and bushes dotting the quite vast and open grand reception room. Several unique things would catch Ella's eyes; the vast and beautifully made staircase, the paintings of various Quin in regal-looking outfits, the elegant and elaborate dresses that the people she had to blend in with wore, and the strapping young Cartus who walked towards her with interest in his eyes and a small polite smile. His face was a little scarred and between the decorated military uniform and his posture, one would realize he was a high-ranking officer in the GFP.

Ella gave the man a passing glance and smile, though her body language made it obvious she had a place to be.

His eyes saddened somewhat before he walked away, his polite smile still present.

"Ouch. I feel bad for that guy…" Ronin murmured under her breath, barely audible for Ella to hear.

“There are more important things than mere fancies. Though, he can’t possibly imagine what I would do to him if I got him in my bed…” Ella murmured back with a lecherous tone.

"Oh? So if I evac our target out, you want to see if you can get him?" Titania asked, chuckling a little.

“He won’t mind a little man-handling, right?” Ella’s smile became slightly more malicious, though only for a moment.

"In bed, sure. That's if you can beat him and make him the bottom. Good luck when you try for him, Ella." Titania said with a smile, before spotting their target in the thick of it. "Here we go…"

“Give me some of your magic, Temptress…” Ella wished as they approached.

Titania approached the small group of men the mayor had with him. Opening a small holo display that showed her trade credentials and potential deals she could make, she 'accidentally' bumped into him, recoiling with faux shock. "I'm so sorry, Mister…?"

The man looked at the rude woman who’d just bumped into him, of whom he had to look up to have eye contact with. His brown hair was well-trimmed and his sharp eyes immediately scanned Titania and her holo display without leaving too much of an awkward pause to respond. “I’m Roy Danvers, miss. Do watch your step, now.” His sentence ended with a slight tone of irritation, enough to give her a noticeable warning that she had pissed him off a little. He turned back to his colleagues, who were still talking without him.

"Oh? Would you happen to be the mayor for some of the industrial sectors?" Titania asked, giving a small smile. "My name is Titania Regalia, of Tradeship Krieg. I was hoping to meet you for a potential deal."

“Even so, I do hope you understand how disrespectful bumping into me is. I’m not dumb enough to believe that was unintentional.” Noticing the smaller individual of the duo, he made her a part of the conversation. “Who’s this?”

"Oh, I assure you it was accidental, but my attendant slash protege Ella here should've stopped me from colliding into you." She turned somewhat and raised an eyebrow as she stared at Ella with an inquisitive look.

“I apologize for her rudeness and my inadequacy, Mister Danvers. We merely wish to make a deal where we both benefit. I do hope we aren’t interrupting anything important.” While Ella’s voice resonated with logical facts, her eyes blossomed with pleading and innocence.

Roy stared into Ella’s eyes, unable to look away. “I… suppose I can take the time for you two.”

A few stolen glances were made in Titania’s direction by Roy’s associates, if one were perspective enough to notice.

"Perfect. Do you perchance have a room we could discuss our business in private? Trade deals often have sensitive information after all." Titania asked, her tone more business-minded; a little warm and a bit polite.

“There are a few for other less professional activities. If you don’t mind the smell, they are rather soundproof.” Roy extended a hand behind him in a gesture to the direction of the rooms. “After you, ladies. My friends, I must take my leave. I have business to discuss.” Many of the men laugh it off and continue talking to each other or making crude remarks, while the more silent types continue staring at the two women amongst them.

Titania batted her eyes a little at the other men as she walked off, turning her attention to the mayor as he lead the way. "So, Roy, what do your industrial sectors make? I've known spaceports to distribute their workloads into different sectors to produce a variety of goods…"

“Well, my sector focuses a lot on the Artificial Intelligence front. Creating holographic technology is old, ancient. We need concrete improvements to our Artificial intelligence, ways that improve the lifestyles of everyone in the universe. Legally, of course. Our main battle has been fighting the law for what’s actually illegal and what isn’t.”

"Ah… well, I can supply you the materials you may need or broker contracts between you and scientists slash engineers. I could also put you in contact with the lawmakers of the GFP so you can try to test the waters and see the political climate. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay for these services and what you actually need." Titania said confidently, her eyes glancing over briefly to see the progression of the man's infatuation with Ella.

Insane Darkness

A Date with a Devil pt. 6

As soon as Titania looked at Roy, he immediately reverted his gaze to Titania’s from Ella. “I have the credits. My question is what you would gain out of this. Credits can’t be your only angle.” The three finally made it to the door of one of the rooms as soon as Roy finished his sentence.

"I get a valuable ally within a fairly major starport, one that I'd be willing to help into a higher position." Titania answered, raising an eyebrow. "Does my protege offend you?"

“No-no! Quite the opposite, in fact. She’s incredibly cute. I, uh…” Roy cleared his throat. “I suppose that’s an acceptable motive.” He opened the door for the two of them, standing next to it as he waited for them to pass into the room.

"Perfect. So, what services would you like to use for our deal?" Titania asked, after they had all entered. "And what exactly do you require?"

The door closed behind them, leaving the three in a completely soundproof bedroom with two intricate wooden and plush chairs to the side and a fancy wooden dresser with a lamp on top by the wall next to the exceptionally modern bed. “What we need are the lawmakers. We have plenty of resources to grow for many years to come. However, our main roadblock is the law. I’m sure you can understand how much of a pain in the ass it is to conflict with the law for the betterment of your clients.”

"I can. I do work inside the law and test the boundaries, after all. I'll put you in contact with some more open-minded members of the Senate for say… a thousand credits a more lenient member?"

“I will get my accountant to wire the money to you.” Dismissing the topic, he immediately moved on to something else. “So, is there anything else you’re willing to offer me?”

"No… unless you have a proposition for me." Titania replied, raising an inquisitive eyebrow.

“A proposition? Why, this building is a magnificent one, full of many different activities to participate in. You are all free to enjoy yourselves at the Gala, but I often prefer to skip over the simple trifles and get into the juicy bits. I assume you both came alone?”

"We did. What of it?" Titania's tone was a soft and curious one.

“Would you mind if I took your protege and showed her something fun? I assure you, I plan on nothing crazy.”

Titania raised an eyebrow. "What guarantee do I have of that?" She asked, a hand going to her hip.

“We’ve already made a business deal. I wouldn’t risk throwing that away.”

"Fair enough, then." Titania's eyes turned towards the Shinso. "I expect you to be on your best behavior with a client. Don't do anything I wouldn't. Understand?"

“Of course, Miss Titania. I shall behave myself.” Ella bowed respectfully towards the woman herself.

“If you’re worried about her safety, you can stand outside the door.” Roy gestured towards the door in question.

"I'll trust you. After all, like you said, we're trading. You wouldn't break a deal with a Dondondari. I'll see you both out in the Gala, then. Enjoy yourselves for… whatever you're going to do." Titania said before walking out, closing the door behind herself. She walked over to a beam and waited for Ella to reply when she had neutralized the target.

As Ella stood by the doorway, Roy sat on the bed, patting the sheets to the left of him. As she moved to oblige, she gave Vi full control, of which she immediately grabbed his neck with her cybernetic arm and proceeded to choke and taze him at the same time as she pinned him to the bed. To muffle his screams, in case they got too loud, she covered his mouth with her other hand. As soon as he passed out, due to either being tased too much or being choked into unconsciousness or both, she removed her left hand to find it drenched with spit. “Ew…” she murmured.

“He’s down.” Titania heard in her head.

"I'm on my way" Titania whispered before pretending to be paged from her holo display. Frowning, the foxgirl walked back over and opened the door, entering the room her tail swishing back and forth as she shut it. "Wow… nice takedown. See no rapist dick in you. And you were worried…"

“Well, I expected him to immediately rip it out and pin me to the bed. He was surprisingly nice, all things considered. If I waited a few moments, I’m sure that was going to change.”

"Well, he probably wanted to see if you'd be willing to do so without force." Titania guessed, hauling the mayor's unconscious body up. "So, what's the game plan? Are you going to go flirt with the guy or are you heading back to the ship?"

Ella walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. “I don’t know. I wouldn’t want to intrude, not to mention there are many others here for the actual festivities.”

“Is… everything going alright over here?” the guy they were speaking of asked, having walked up to the two of them. As soon as he looked down, his eyebrows shot up in surprise. “W-what happened here?”

“Uh… While we were… conversing, he had gotten really excited due to a deal he had made with my superior, Titania here. He swung his head back so fast that he knocked himself out on the headboard,” Ella partially fibbed.

“Oh, well… I suppose I will leave him in your trustworthy hands then.” He gave the duo a friendly smile before he turned around and walked back to the dancing hall.

“Wait a second!” Ella called, causing the man to turn around.

“Yes? What is it?”

“There is something you could help us with, if you’d be so kind.” Ella twiddled her fingers nervously, though it was all an act to appear cuter.

He took a few steps forward. “Of course. What do you need?”

“Would you… dance with me?”

The man bowed, offering a hand. “If your superior is willing to let me and if she has everything under control, I would have to say I wouldn’t mind a dance or three.” His gaze focused on Titania, waiting for her answer.

"I suppose. But…" Titania's eyes seemed to grow icy. "I want her returned to a mercenary ship I have on payroll. If she isn't… do we have a deal?"

“What mercenary ship must I keep my eye out for?” the man asked sincerely, his smile shrinking towards neutrality.

"If you are bringing Ella back, who knows which ship to have you drop her off at, then there should be no need to worry about what names these mercenary ships I've hired have, right?" Titania raised an eyebrow.

“Very well. I didn’t think of that possibility.” The man gave Titania an awkward smile. “She’ll be safe in my hands, if that’s what you’re worrying about.”

“Heh,” Titania heard in her head.

"Bring her back within the day." Titania said before walking away with the man towards her rented hover limo.

Ella took the man’s hand as he watched Titania walk away. “Shall we?”

“You took the words right out of my mouth.”

As the two walked towards the dance floor, Ella leading them, the man leaned over his shoulder and muttered, “Take her,” quiet enough to where Ella couldn’t hear over the music growing in volume as they got closer.

---

Two differently-sized meaty hands grabbed Titania’s arms, seemingly coming out of the shadows from either side of her as soon as she exited the building. She was lifted off the ground as her arms were pinned behind her back and twisted to get her to drop the mayor. A gun was placed to her side behind the cover of a tux and a deep voice resonated in her left ear. “Don’t.”

"Cute… but are you prepared to use that? I'm fairly certain that if you try and I manage to get loud, all the big strong security men who are nearby will happily rip you apart." Titania giggled, not at all intimidated by the unknown gunman, her tone sultry. "So, I ask again: you sure you want to do this?"

“Little lady, I am more than prepared to use this. Now, you either keep your trap shut or you learn firsthand just how prepared I am.” A quick kick to the unconscious form of the mayor had him fall directly into the nearby brush, hidden from view.

"Have it your way, Mr. Manhandler." Titania giggled again, more maliciously this time. She vaguely waved her feet around, her tail swishing back and forth.

---

“We have a problem,” Vi stated in Ella’s head.

“What is it?”

“Titania’s been captured.”

“Are you sure?” Ella switched on Titania’s view in her visual field. “Titania? Are you alright? I’ve been notified that you’ve been captured. Look down if you are and look up if you’re fine.”

The feed went down as Titania merely shifted her eyes.

“Shit…” Ella turned to the guy she was with, who looked into her eyes with extreme passion and happiness. “Listen…” she started, feeling a little bad about how she had to ruin his expression, “I’ll be right back. I have to, uh… find my glasses. I think I dropped them while I was in line and I didn’t want to leave it to find them.” She gave the man an apologetic smile.

“You should be fine. What are you, farsighted?” the man asked, trying to keep a conversation going.

“Kind of… But that’s not the point.”

“If you wear them as you dance, they’ll probably fall off and someone will step on them.”

“I know, but I need to at least--”

“Come on~. Just dance with me.” He grabbed her right hand, a little too forcefully before realizing his mistake.

Insane Darkness

A Date with a Devil pt. 7

Ella’s right hand, covered up by her long-sleeved dress and glove, twisted the guy’s hand before she swept him off his feet and made him do a flip resulting in a hard landing to his back, blowing the wind out of his lungs. “Try listening next time when a woman says something to you.” Ella growled, glaring down at the man’s pained body before dashing away towards the entrance.

The man muttered between labored breaths as soon as Ella was far enough away, “The child’s getting away. Move on to Plan B.”

---

As soon as Ella reached the location they had made it to, which was around the dark corner of the building, she saw two big guys holding an unconscious Titania in their arms, a real gun and a tranq gun held up to her.

“Where’s the mayor?” Ella growled, showing no care for Titania’s well-being.

“None of your damn business, brat.”

“I think it’s plenty my business, fat boy. Where the fuck is he?”

“Well, wouldn’t you like to know?” a familiar voice called from behind her, though within held loads of malicious intent.

“You!” Ella exclaimed, turning around to see the man she’d just been dancing with. “I knew you were involved in this.”

“Really? I thought my acting was quite good. As opposed to your poor excuse for a lie.”

“I do have glasses. I just wear contacts. Permanently.”

“Wait, seriously? Is it just a preference or do you have your own version that, like, never dry out?”

“The latter.”

“Interesting. Are they removable or does it require some sort of surgery?”

“Surgery.”

“Aw, damn. Probably expensive as all get-out too, right?”

“Yeah. Quite a bit.”

“Fuck… My sister has some really bad eye problems and she hates putting in contacts as well as she finds her glasses to be rather annoying to wear all the time.”

One of the kidnappers blinked as his companion seemed to fall over with a hole in his chest. The last man holding Titania only had a second to notice the two foot long blade that decapitated him. "I… just… put on… so much makeup… only to have… your men smudge it." Titania's voice had gone cold as her blade spun at ludicrous speed in front of her like a hurricane.

“Huh. No wonder their suits looked like they were covered in frosting.”

“See?! Way too much makeup…”

“Yea--” the guy was able to make out before the energy dagger that Ella kept in her shoe was in her hand, extended and pointed at the guy’s neck.

“Holy shit! My foot feels SO much better now…” Ella yelled out in joy and relief.

The hurricane that was Titania's blade paused and went still as she closed in. She walked slowly past Ella, offering a glare before she stood in front of the man himself. "So… I'm angry and you've ruined hours of prep work and over a thousand credits worth of cover, excluding the makeup. But…" Her voice was honey, her blade nearly touching his genitals was not. "I know you can make it up to me~. After all, I'm very skilled in dealing with men like you." Her blade started burning through his pants. "So… are you going to give me any information or am I going to have loads of fun with you~?" The blade burned through part of his leg before shortening to a single foot.

“Torture? Why, that seems a little excessive, don’t you think? Our little group had no such plans that intense. Why are you resorting to such immoral tactics? I mean, cutting off a man’s balls seems a little much for a few facts.”

"Oh, but pissing me off makes me want to do-" her eyes seemed to smoulder with rage, to such a degree it was alarming she wasn't killing him, "far worse things than just torture. See, I'm a cruel bitch, who hates when someone lies to me and then tries to kill me. Before you say something like, 'But I didn't', you pretended to be someone you weren't and then tried to, more than likely, keep Ella away."

She kissed his cheek before stepping to the side. "And unfortunately for you, as a bounty hunter, I know specific people who'd love an armless, legless Cartus that they could do far more monstrous things than I can even stomach." Her blade went up to his neck hovering a few centimetres away. "So… talk before I decide that earning money is more important than my honor."

“Betraying expectations isn’t lying, you know. Also, those who would enslave me or otherwise are all Shinso.” He gave Ella an angry glare. “I was fortunate enough to avoid that fate. I’m a military man. Raised as one since I was young. That guy was our prey before you two stepped up to the plate. My two friends over there were the ambushers. They were good friends of a friend of the mayor’s. They were able to slip into the roles of the bodyguards easily. I was supposed to monitor the interior, watch his every move. I could tell, as the two of you immediately walked up to him, that you had the same goal. Is there anything else you wish for me to tell you?”

"Who are you working for?"

“Myself.”

"And why would a military man dip into bounty hunting, hmm?" Titania's blade went back down to his groin searing some of the flesh but not cutting it

“Could you knock it off? I’m answering your damn questions.” The man glared at Titania after his rhetorical remark. “I’m no longer a part of the military. Many bounty hunters used to be military personnel. And that’s no different for me. Gotta make a living somehow.”

"Thank you." The blade moved away from his groin before swiftly severing his head from his shoulders. "But, unfortunately, you're only a liability." She casted a cold look to the severed head before walking away to retrieve the unconscious mayor.

“Yeap… Kinda figured we were gonna do that…” Ella whispered to herself before pulling her own blade away from where the man’s neck once was, following Titania’s footsteps drearily.

Titania hefted their target up before looking over at the sniper. "Ella." Titania's voice was monotone, yet had a sense of hostility and cold rage to it.

“You know… murder from a few inches away is… much more personal. I don’t like that.” Ella scowled.

"Then disposal isn't suited for you." Titania said coldly, dragging the mayor over to Ella. "Take him and stick him in the limo. I'll follow you in a bit."

Ella whistled with two fingers in her mouth, getting the limo driver’s attention and causing him to reverse, as he’d not left his spot since they had exited the vehicle, which caused a few others to grow a little irritated with him. Ella picked up the unconscious body of the mayor with one hand, opening the door with the other before she chucked him inside. “Thank you, sweetheart!” she called up the limo, leaning in to make sure he could hear her.

He merely gave her a thumbs up from the driver’s seat, to which made Ella smile a little.

With a horrible quickness, the laser katana reduced the three bodies to unrecognizable, small piles of meat, save for the head of the cartus, which Titania punted over a building. Satisfied with her work, she entered the limo sitting across from Ella, her eyes trained on Ella as if to observe her reaction from what she had done.

“Forward!” Ella cried out in a sort of whisper, a big grin on her face. “Gotta make good of the situation somehow, you know?”

"So, Ella. What are you going to do when we arrive at our ship?" Titania asked, offering a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

“Probably take the makeup off. No offense, but if you never put makeup on me again, I will be happy. Maybe next time, I’ll throw a sniper in your hands and see how you fare.” Ella stuck her tongue out at Titania, half-joking.

Titania raised an eyebrow. "How about a dare? You choose one thing you'd like me to do and I'll return the favor. Keep in mind, the more severe you go with yours, the more questionable mine will be." Titania smiled more genuinely, shaking her head a little at Ella's antics.

Ella furrowed her brow, not enjoying the terms. “You took away the one weapon I was good at for this mission. Why should it be a fair trade? Not to mention your deal with 12 hugs a year, tax included.”

"Considering those were separate deals, it's fair. And also considering I'm losing money with this mission, with the tickets and your expensive, comfy shoes…" Titania countered but shrugged. " But okay. Sure. You can dare me to do anything and I can only give you something with half that severity. Fair?"

“Or, I can be the better person and not bring this up again. I don’t need to be tricked by more Dondondari merchant tactics.”

"No tricks, just a friendly wager with a friend. I swear on my honor as a merchant." Titania placed a hand over her heart, her eyes serious but soft.

“I think… it might be best we don’t bring this up ever again.” Ella’s tone grew dark while suggesting she could be referring to the mission more than the deal.

“Okay." Was all that Titania replied with, growing silent and looking away.

Ella stared out the window, leaning on her hand. I just want to go back to my room...

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and Frostlich: The Dark Truth

The Golden Wind
Hanger

Yyashtra stood In the hanger, where the other pet ships of the Golden Wind that would be deployed during a dogfight would be stored. She was looking around, admiring the designs of the vessels, but moreover she was making mental measurements for where we could put her own ship.

Elisa stepped into the hanger, looking at the many smaller spacecraft inside. She quickly locate Kentaro's "bike" and the shuttle that she flew in with JJ. As she examined the small transport, Elisa couldn't help but notice the crumbling remains of another next to it. As the young girl explored, she came across a large, black fighter with strange markings she didn't recognize. "Now that I think about, Titania mentioned being a pilot... This could be her ship... I'll have to ask about the markings though..." The girl muttered quietly to herself.

It was hard for them not to notice each other, the Giant Insect Woman glancing over at her.

Elisa jumped at the sight of the woman. "Hi... I didn't see you there..."

"You didn't seem me?" She looked down. "I'm a Ten Foot Tall Bright Purple Insect."

"Well... I tend to get distracted easily..." The human girl state in a nervously shy tone, rubbing the back of her head.

"Inspecting the ships?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah... Just curious what everyone brought here and what kind of spacecrafts the crew like to personalize..." Elisa admitted hesitantly.

"I am seeing if there is any Laepaede ships, but it looks like I will have to make due until I can purchase one." She stated, looking around.

"Laepaede?" Elisa gave off a highly curious vibe in her voice and movements. "I don't believe I know what that is... Would you be okay with explaining it to me?"

She simply pointed at herself without saying a word.

"So it's the name of your race?" Elisa asked, her curious look inspecting the tall woman's form.

"Yes. We are the Laepaede." She sighed. "Before my time we were well known throughout the Galaxy."

"I know barely anything about the galaxy... So I don't think that would matter..." Elisa added in a shy tone. "I'm still getting used to how culture works and how you need to act differently on different planets."

"Not a traveler then?" She inferred.

"Not really..." Elisa replied. "I'm mostly just trying to learn more about the universe we live in."

"I see. I suppose we are not so different... Although I'm trying to learn more about myself rather than the universe." She rubbed the side of the ship she was looking at gently.

"Why do you say that?" Elisa tilted her head with renewed curiosity. "Do you not know who you are?"

"I thought I did... Now I'm not sure..." She lowered her head.

"I... Don't... Follow..." The young girl's confusion was evident in her tone.

"It's... Complicated... Especially since you no nothing about my people." Yyashtra'kari looked over.

"Then maybe it wouldn't hurt to teach me..." Elisa remarked with a bright, cheery smile. "I can't understand something no one tells me about."

"I suppose that is a fair request. Would you like to find some place a little more... Comfortable?" Yasha asked with a blank expression.

"I suppose that is a fair request. Would you like to find some place a little more... Comfortable?" Yasha asked with a blank expression.

"I really don't mind..." Elisa assured the insectoid woman.

"Very well. I can stand for a long time but Humans I've been told prefer to sit." She mentioned casually.

"I don't mind as much..." The innocent girl stated as she looked at ship's to the side of them. "There is only so much you can do sitting down."

"I suppose. Very well... It might be better for you to ask questions rather than give you our entire history." She pointed out.

"Well... What part of your people has made you question your own identity?" Elisa asked. "Was it a dark secret you found out about? Some policy you are being questioned for supporting? A cultural difference that is leading to discrimination?"

"I am a Shara'Sharei'. A Royal. We are the Leaders of our Hives. We also give birth to the children that make up the hive and live for hundreds of years. I am... Young for a Shara'Sharei. Only Two Hundred Years." She prefaced.

"Two hundred years is young?" Elisa laughed at the claim. "Races really do vary wildly."

"We are the oldest living race in the universe. O-Other than the Azizin... But they hardly count." Yyashtra rubbed the back of her neck.

"Don't you think that's a bit rude?" Elisa asked, her voice sounding annoyed as she walked up to Yyashtra. "Life is life... What you think of them shouldn't change that fact. I don't think Chuck would appreciate you saying they 'barely count' as life."

"Not as life. They barely count because they are multiple entities that they constantly swap in and out. If you replace all the parts in a ship over time is it still the same ship?" The Insectoid asked hypothetically.

"Even a collective needs to evolve!" Elisa snapped, before blinking in confusion. "Umm... Did I by chance... Space out there..."

She tilted her head. "That... Was an odd outburst..."

"Outburst...?" Elisa gave the insect woman a confused look. "I'm not sure what you are talking about..."

"Are you sure you're.. Okay?" The Laepaede's eyes darted back and forth.

"Yeah..." Elisa mutter, still oblivious to what the woman was concerned about.

"Well... Royals like us are the face of our Hive... The Soul... The Hive is a part of us. It is made up of our children..." Yyashtra continued. "Hive Kari was even passed down to me by... A close friend..."

"Okay..." Elisa thought for a moment. "So if you have such an important role in the Hive... Then why are you here?"

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and Frostlich: The Dark Truth Part 2

"I was cast out... Deemed a disgrace to my people, a leech." She shook her head. "Why am I telling a Human... Look at yourself Yyashtra..."

"What's wrong with telling this to a human?" Elisa asked innocently. "Don't you think keeping those emotions bottled up inside you will just make you feel worse about yourself?"

"I was cast out for ignoring my people. It's the greatest disgrace to my kind. Worse than death." She slid down the ship into a sitting position. "My hive is everything to me... Without it... I... Don't know what I'm supposed to be..."

"You be yourself." Elisa stated. "So what if you were called disgraced, so what if you have been banished. You say you are nothing without the Hive?" Elisa crouched in front of the insectoid woman. "Then try doing what I did... Try becoming something. You never know what could happen."

"But what? Evolution designed me to raise a hive. That is my purpose." She shook her head. "We are not like you humans who do whatever you want. We are born with a job we are best for and expected to fulfill that role for the rest of our lives. If I do anything else I will always be a... Suboptimal part, dragging down whatever try... Fighting is the only other thing I can do, so I'm here..."

Elisa gave her a reassuring smile. "I didn't know anything two years ago. All I had back then was a small glass room and a few researchers working on me. I didn't let that stop me from trying. Even with all I had known prior being removed from my life... I used what this new world gave me and made the most of it. I strived to learn as much as I could. Think of it this way... I can't fight and I'm still here."

"I will never understand Humans... If you can't fight aren't you worried about being a liability?" The Laepaede asked seriously.

Well..." Elisa muttered as a cloud of nanobytes became visible. "I have some help..."

Yyashtra literally fell backwards, pulling back her wings to reveal a pistol, although it wasn't pointed just yet. "What is that!?"

"What is wha..." Elisa muttered as she turned to see her friends materializing behind her. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! Isweartheywon'thurtyou!" Her voice quickened alongside the embarrassment that filled her cheeks.

"What... Are they?" She slowly began releasing the tension in her.

"Ummmm... I think everyone says they are nanobytes..." Elisa answered, obviously not sure herself.

"Do they... Have a mind of their own." She backed away a little farther.

"Kind of..." Elisa stated hesitantly. "I'm pretty certain they act mostly off of my own emotions."

"Right..." She looked around. "Can you... Turn them off?"

"No I can't..." Elisa lowered her head in shame. "I know very little about them... I don't even know how they are able to respond to my thoughts so effortlessly."

"That's disconcerting..." Yyashtra'kari slowly stood back up, brushing her wings off.

"Well... They were always there for me." The innocent girl stated. "I can thank them for that if anything."

"I... Should probably go..." The Bug looked back towards the exit.

"Why is that?" Elisa looked at Yyashtra with similar concern. "Am I... Bothering you in some way?"

"I... Your Bots... I don't like the idea of robots you can't control..." Yasha told her openly.

Before Elisa could respond in anyway, her eyes begain to faintly glow. "Our apologies for the intrution... But we are not robots."

This time there was less hesitation, the Laepaede revealing her two pistols and pointing them at the Woman, taking even more steps back. "What are you!? I-I... You will stay back... I won't hesitate to fire."

"We are a collective of biomechanical life forms that require a host with strong emotions to sustain ourselves." The collective continued using Elisa's voice. "Our presence does not harm the girl and, as long as you don't attack her, it won't harm you either. In some ways... We are like a colony. We act as the workers and protectors while the girl is our Queen. However... Since we were forced upon her, it is still not the correct time to inform her of our true nature."

"D-Does... Ms. Jetstorm know about this?" She backed up even farther.

"Not yet... We have not had the chance to speak with her..." The collective answered. "The girl's strong emotions make it difficult to control when and where we take control."

"Do that. Because if you don't I will." Yyashtra took an aggressive stance.

"We will make another attempt... But nothing is absolute." They stated. "As we stated before... The sheer power her emotions carry has effect us far more then we had anticipated. Adjusting as been a difficult matter."

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and Frostlich: The Dark Truth Part 3

"Listen. I don't know what in the Universe you are, whether you are AI, VI, neither, both... I have my eye on you from here on out, do anything sketchy and I will destroy you without a second thought. You have my word." She gently began to lower her guns.

"I must ask this before we part ways then..." They asked, a grin forming on Elisa's face. "How do you intend to destroy something you can't see?" Before even giving the insect woman time to answer, the nanobytes released control... Elisa nearly falling from the sudden light headedness. "What happened? Everything seems so blurry all of a sudden..."

"Your nanobots... They Talk. Did you know?" Yyashtra put her guns to her side.

"What do you mean... They don't talk at al-" The cloud of nanobytes forming into their cat form to glare at the woman. She had done the one thing they demanded she not do... And even without a true body the betrayal they felt looked ever so real. "What's... Going... On..." Elisa muttered as fear consumed her expression.

She crossed her arms. "I'm not letting you lie to her. In fact, she didn't believe me, you reacting like this revealed your secret. I made no promise and I will not be responsible for hiding something as dangerous as... Whatever you are..."

"Dangerous?" Elisa began to grit her teeth. "They are my friends! How dare you treat them so poorly when all they want is to protect me!"

"They are also perfectly fine lying to you, apparently. And taking over your body without your consent." She listed off.

Suddenly the nanobytes fragmented, in a way even unnatural for them, and wrapped around Yyashtra's neck. "Stop! I won't let you treat them like that!" She demanded. This time Elisa was the one in control... The collective no longer able to remain separated from her. However, in the midst of her enraged state... A gentle, scared paw brushed against her cheek. The final plea to stop before she made a decision to regret. Rage reverted back to fear as Elisa realize what she had done... Before running out of hanger entirely.

Yyashtra let out a heavy breath, revealing the EMP Grenade she had picked up off of a nearby table when she was backing up. She had been willing to use it, but she was scared it would just kill the girl. She had to inform the Captain of this potential threat, partly to keep the ship safe, and partly to ease her own fear of sentient machines instilled in her since her birth by her predecessor.