Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ShadowHounder

Depends on the console, his interests, and what games he has access to.
And PCs are that hard to build (on top of the prices not being as bad as people say if you're smart with your shopping)... so you'd have access to hundreds if not thousands of online, f2p games just from the steam store alone.

Black0ut

And PCs are that hard to build (on top of the prices not being as bad as people say if you're smart with your shopping)... so you'd have access to hundreds if not thousands of online, f2p games just from the steam store alone.
Again, depends on rig. Not all rigs are created equally and while there are good affordable PCs, buying new, or even used, is a big expense when you have bills.

ShadowHounder

Again, depends on rig. Not all rigs are created equally and while there are good affordable PCs, buying new, or even used, is a big expense when you have bills.
And we live in a world where you can do anything you want it you can pay the price... So if it were that big a deal, he could just save up the money to buy a pc and play whatever damn game he wants because the pay to play ones aren't even that expansive in the first place.

Dahlexpert

Well for those that wanna find me on PS4 I go by Dhalexpert, and on Xbox Jclahill. Note I’m very shy and Marine could agree with that considering I don’t really play with him.

ShadowHounder

Long time... But games don't like to be console exclusive.
And then Sony has Spiderman and God of War... two of the best games in 2018 and both are must plays for anyone who can play them. Nintendo has a never ending supply of Switch only games that are all decent if not great games. And the PC systems have Steam, a Library of great triple A and indie titles that can't be found on ANY home console out there.

TLDR: Xbox is currently the shittiest console out there, having a mediocre online system, uncomfortable controller and no console exclusive games that are worth having one for (Halo have basically ruined the franchise and Killer Instinct is overshadowed by every other fighting game in existence).

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

And then Sony has Spiderman and God of War... two of the best games in 2018 and both are must plays for anyone who can play them. Nintendo has a never ending supply of Switch only games that are all decent if not great games. And the PC systems have Steam, a Library of great triple A and indie titles that can't be found on ANY home console out there.

TLDR: Xbox is currently the shittiest console out there, having a mediocre online system, uncomfortable controller and no console exclusive games that are worth having one for (Halo have basically ruined the franchise and Killer Instinct is overshadowed by every other fighting game in existence).

Wait are you kidding me? Killer instinct is one of the best fighting games of all time! That game is amazing!

Of course you've probably not played it. But personally I got an Xbox One for that game and it did not disappoint at all. It was great. Not to mention Gears of War is one of my favorite series of all time.

I don't know where you're coming from saying the online is mediocre, I've never had a problem with the online once. And Xbox controllers have always felt great in the hand, PlayStation controllers are just clunky feeling to me."

Yeah. Obviously the exclusives for PlayStation are better, but the Xbox itself is fine, it's always done good by me. And Xbox does have a few seriously good exclusives for franchises that I love. (And Xbox is backwards compatible which is one of the other main reasons I bought it over the PlayStation.)

ShadowHounder

Wait are you kidding me? Killer instinct is one of the best fighting games of all time! That game is amazing!

Of course you've probably not played it. But personally I got an Xbox One for that game and it did not disappoint at all. It was great. Not to mention Gears of War is one of my favorite series of all time.

I don't know where you're coming from saying the online is mediocre, I've never had a problem with the online once. And Xbox controllers have always felt great in the hand, PlayStation controllers are just clunky feeling to me."

Yeah. Obviously the exclusives for PlayStation are better, but the Xbox itself is fine, it's always done good by me. And Xbox does have a few seriously good exclusives for franchises that I love. (And Xbox is backwards compatible which is one of the other main reasons I bought it over the PlayStation.)
One: I never said that Killer Instinct is bad (How the fuck did you come up with that conclusion?). I only said that the game has been overshadowed by Street Fighter 5, Soul Caliber 6, Tekken 7, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Mortal Kombat X (and now MK11) and do I need to go on?

Two: Controllers are opinion focused, but there have been more people complaining about Xbox's connection issues then not... AND they are the reason why consoles require a subscription to play online (Something that was not a thing for the PS3 or the Wii/Wii U).

Three: Most of the xbox games aren't even worth buying on the xbox since almost every game on the Xbox library can be played on PC as well (kinda what happens when the console is made by the creator of the #1 operating system for Personalized Computers).

ShadowHounder

No console war here!
I'm not here to start a war, I'm just stating the facts... but some people believe that opinions make facts obsolete... which is a piece of society driven bullshit I can not stand. No one, under ANY circumstance should be the a fact is false if they don't believe it to be true.

Dahlexpert

I'm not here to start a war, I'm just stating the facts... but some people believe that opinions make facts obsolete... which is a piece of society driven bullshit I can not stand. No one, under ANY circumstance should be the a fact is false if they don't believe it to be true.

Ou your not wrong about the Xbox, I do like the xbox it's what I started out with. But for this console generation PS4 is better.

ShadowHounder

Ou your not wrong about the Xbox, I do like the xbox it's what I started out with. But for this console generation PS4 is better.
yeah, but some people don't see that too be true for whatever reason... despite the fact that the statistics do not lie. Not everything you hear is truth and not every preference is fact. If people could actually understand that simple FACT of life, then we wouldn't have a divided gaming culture (the console wars as you call it), we wouldn't have news networks that you can't even trust half the time... and Vic Mignogna wouldn't have his whole career ruined because some dumbass thought it'd be a good idea to throw a ton of false slander and fake sexual harassment claims at the man just after Dragon Ball Super: Broly became one of the best selling movies in theaters to start off 2019.