Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

Black0ut

AND HERE GOES. I AM DOING A POSTING MARATHON. To explain, I has a couple things with Frost and one with Zombo to upload. (Two if we finish today.) I'll be posting collabs that happened before the war first, then everything else. HERE GOES NOTHING!

ShadowHounder

Don’t count on it.
But by no means does EA make bad games... the issues is in the transactions they allow in their games. Currently, however, there seems to be complaints about a 20$ skin that is in Anthem (which I find to just be horseshit meant to find an excuse to complain about EA again... since League as 50$ skins on the market and no one cares about that)

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

But by no means does EA make bad games... the issues is in the transactions they allow in their games. Currently, however, there seems to be complaints about a 20$ skin that is in Anthem (which I find to just be horseshit meant to find an excuse to complain about EA again... since League as 50$ skins on the market and no one cares about that)

It's almost like if you don't want to pay 50 dollars for a cosmetic... You don't have to. People these days...

Basically, when EA puts Microtransactions in their games everyone flips their shit... But when say... Red Dead Redemption Two Online pretty much requires you to buy Pay to Win Microtransactions or spend a month plus grinding for a single Gun or Horse just to stand a chance in multiplayer, there's not a peep from those same people.

Because they're so, so Biased. Rockstar can do no wrong because they're game of the year (Despite the fact that their history of egregious Microtransactions goes all the way back to GTA5) but if EA or Ubisoft puts in Cosmetic Microtransactions that don't affect the game at all, all hell breaks loose.

Black0ut

It's almost like if you don't want to pay 50 dollars for a cosmetic... You don't have to. People these days...

Basically, when EA puts Microtransactions in their games everyone flips their shit... But when say... Red Dead Redemption Two Online pretty much requires you to buy Pay to Win Microtransactions or spend a month plus grinding for a single Gun or Horse just to stand a chance in multiplayer, there's not a peep from those same people.

Because they're so, so Biased. Rockstar can do no wrong because they're game of the year (Despite the fact that their history of egregious Microtransactions goes all the way back to GTA5) but if EA or Ubisoft puts in Cosmetic Microtransactions that don't affect the game at all, all hell breaks loose.
Well, I think I can answer that. It comes down to previous titles:

Ubisoft fucked it up with the Creed series, but it was acceptable for microtransactions in like 3 because the core game was good, and it had a positive IP.

EA fucked up harder with Battlefront, but in previous titles didn't hit such heavy rage from other series as they hadn't garnered that much negativity from their games.

Hell, Konami did it with Metal Gear Survive. Point is, Rockstar has yet to screw themselves to the point other game developers have, but eventually they will. Their games maintain a high level of fun, and have yet to incite rage for obscene business practices.

Last edited:

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Well, I think I can answer that. It comes down to previous titles:

Ubisoft fucked it up with the Creed series, but it was acceptable for microtransactions in like 3 because the core game was good, and it had a positive IP.

EA fucked up harder with Battlefront, but in previous titles didn't hit such heavy rage from other series as they hadn't garnered that much negativity from their other series.

Hell, Konami did it with Metal Gear Survive. Point is, Rockstar has yet to screw themselves to the point other game developers have, but eventually they will. Their games maintain a high level of fun, and have yet to incite rage for obscene business practices.

I'm pretty sure Rockstars Microtransactions are some of the most offensive out there. Anyone who plays those games could tell you that. GTA5 was notorious for it but no one outside of the people who played the game really cared. So of course they brought it to Rdr2, both games are nearly unplayable online without spending any money. Not to mention that Rdr2 is basically a Beta they crammed Microtransactions in and it baffles me that no one talks about it.