Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

Dahlexpert

Where has Aetherella been? Where was she summoned from?

As you may or, most likely, may not remember, a short thing I wrote titled "A Brief History of Terra Dolor" referred to the beginning of current recorded history as the Year Zero, or the Year of Darkness. This name was as much literal as figurative, as the then quite advanced society of Terra Dolor was destroyed by a dark, evil entity. The Goddess' angels were originally created to help her drive the Darkness away. Then, once it was defeated, the angels were left to watch over the world while she travelled the stars, chasing the Darkness to destroy it once and for all, a task that took over three thousand years (she has spent the last three centuries resting and slumming it in space). The Orb used in the final mission was a means to call her back to Terra Dolor should it ever face another World Ending Crisis.

Well it's funny that you brought back something that you mentioned, a year ago in to the battle.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Are Hastur and Yog-Sothoth dead?

Hastur yes, Yog no. Yog is too powerful, even for Aetherella, to kill. But it takes too much power and correct circumstances for him to such a being to cross over into the Terra Dolor plane of existance. So there he will sit, spending the next several thousand years using his power to whisper into the ears of man and hoping to find a other means of crossing over.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well it's funny that you brought back something that you mentioned, a year ago in to the battle.
It was always a plan to bring that full circle somehow. Exactly how wasn't planned. You'd be surprised how much of this story was left open to improvisation to leave wiggle room for your guy's individual arcs. But I always planned to bring the Goddess in by the end somehow.

Dahlexpert

Hastur yes, Yog no. Yog is too powerful, even for Aetherella, to kill. But it takes too much power and correct circumstances for him to such a being to cross over into the Terra Dolor plane of existance. So there he will sit, spending the next several thousand years using his power to whisper into the ears of man and hoping to find a other means of crossing over.

Ou good so this is never ending between the Two. Joy.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
What Old Ones are left?

Well besides the one we killed, the one we banished, and the one we injured so bad she won't be a problem for quite some time, there is Yig, and his sealed away wife, both of whom Dahl and Frost both have plans for.

Ithaqua, but he's only a problem for those who venture to the Land of Ice. Though maybe this story will get some dlc later and I'll do something with him.

Cthulhu, but he's only a problem for the mermaids and anyone stupid enough to go to his home at the bottom of the ocean.

And Azathoth, but if he ever actually woke up and came to Terra Dolor, he could destroy it in an instant, so... try not to think about him.

Black0ut

What Old Ones are left?

Well besides the one we killed, the one we banished, and the one we injured so bad she won't be a problem for quite some time, there is Yig, and his sealed away wife, both of whom Dahl and Frost both have plans for.

Ithaqua, but he's only a problem for those who venture to the Land of Ice. Though maybe this story will get some dlc later and I'll do something with him.

Cthulhu, but he's only a problem for the mermaids and anyone stupid enough to go to his home at the bottom of the ocean.

And Azathoth, but if he ever actually woke up and came to Terra Dolor, he could destroy it in an instant, so... try not to think about him.
Heh... shit, that is a horrifying thought.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
What ended up on the cutting room floor?

Oh... a few things. The story was initially going to feature more missions and more monsters I never got around to because everyone wanted a more centralized plot then what I started with.

There was going to be three parts, not two, but I realized I didn't have enough content for three parts so part two and three were pushed together.

I wanted to do more with the mermaids, and more with the dragons. Those kinda went nowhere.

There is a certain demon masquerading as a human last seen having deals with Charter's father I wanted to do more with.

There was going to be a mission with monsters like the necromorphs from dead space shortly before the Hastur mission that I... either thought would be to costly to man power to have so soon before Hastur/Yog, it was too big of a mission to have right before another huge collab, or... I might have just forgot it. I forget.

Oh, a mission to kill Korra that would have led to sympathizing with her. That was simply rendered unneeded by the inclusion of the Underground Railroad.

And... that's all I can think of now, but I know there's more. I'll mention it if anyone is interested and I think of more.

Dahlexpert

Oh... a few things. The story was initially going to feature more missions and more monsters I never got around to because everyone wanted a more centralized plot then what I started with.

There was going to be three parts, not two, but I realized I didn't have enough content for three parts so part two and three were pushed together.

I wanted to do more with the mermaids, and more with the dragons. Those kinda went nowhere.

There is a certain demon masquerading as a human last seen having deals with Charter's father I wanted to do more with.

There was going to be a mission with monsters like the necromorphs from dead space shortly before the Hastur mission that I... either thought would be to costly to man power to have so soon before Hastur/Yog, it was too big of a mission to have right before another huge collab, or... I might have just forgot it. I forget.

Oh, a mission to kill Korra that would have led to sympathizing with her. That was simply rendered unneeded by the inclusion of the Underground Railroad.

And... that's all I can think of now, but I know there's more. I'll mention it if anyone is interested and I think of more.

What was that about Charter's dad?

Black0ut

*Has been reading everything eagerly* Well, I'm interested, so if there is anything in the future... yes, I'm in and I want in. (Unless you ssay no, at which point I'll just be a puppy outside the room, mindlessly doing tings.)

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

What will happen to Hastur's soul? Where do Old Ones go when they die?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Yes I remember her, she was a demon?!
Yup. There was this big bad guy named Shen in Stormrend. Kingpin looking MFer. When he was about to be caught by the government, her spat out his true bwing and transferred it into that innocent woman. Well... she wasn't an innocent, but relatively innocent.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So, um... since this has been brought up to me by more then one person... who wants to play a god? Aetherella hasn't left yet. And I see no harm in doing this near the end of the story when the main villain is gone.

So... B0? Dahl? Frost? Insane? Each of you can have one of your characters become a god or goddess (or have at least one of your characters offered godhood but refuse it).

Dahlexpert

So, um... since this has been brought up to me by more then one person... who wants to play a god? Aetherella hasn't left yet. And I see no harm in doing this near the end of the story when the main villain is gone.

So... B0? Dahl? Frost? Insane? Each of you can have one of your characters become a god or goddess (or have at least one of your characters offered godhood but refuse it).

Ou which one of my Character should become a god, humm that's a very good question.

Black0ut

Also please ask me any questions that you might have that I didn't cover, no matter how vague or specific. Remember, there are no dumb questions... only dumb people asking questions.

https://youtu.be/4DdVFYx3UXM

Well, what kind of Gods would said characters become? Will they be replacing the Fallen Angels? Or will they just be an addition to the pantheon?