Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Soooooo. Who is excited for the games coming out this month? Ace Combat 7? Resident Evil 2 Remake? Kingdom Hearts III?

...seriously, any one going to get Kingdom Hearts? I know it is kinda niche to be into the series and up to date on lore, and I know the writing plans things ahead as well as Akira Toriyama (who forgot both Launch and SSJ2 existed), but surely I have to have at least one other person excited for it... right?

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Soooooo. Who is excited for the games coming out this month? Ace Combat 7? Resident Evil 2 Remake? Kingdom Hearts III?

...seriously, any one going to get Kingdom Hearts? I know it is kinda niche to be into the series and up to date on lore, and I know the writing plans things ahead as well as Akira Toriyama (who forgot both Launch and SSJ2 existed), but surely I have to have at least one other person excited for it... right?

Resi 2 would be pretty cool.

BMPixy

Ace Combat 7 has already got my pre-order, to no-one's surprise. (I mean hey, on PS4 it comes with a copy of Ace Combat 5 which I can't play any more due to my PS2 dying!) As for KH... well, if I scrounge up the cash, nothing cooler comes out, and I can sit down for a few hours with That One Friend Everyone Has That Is Super Deep In, I might give it a go. I enjoyed what bits of KH2 and 358/2 days I played at least, and the gummy ships were fun from what I remember.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Ace Combat 7 has already got my pre-order, to no-one's surprise. (I mean hey, on PS4 it comes with a copy of Ace Combat 5 which I can't play any more due to my PS2 dying!) As for KH... well, if I scrounge up the cash, nothing cooler comes out, and I can sit down for a few hours with That One Friend Everyone Has That Is Super Deep In, I might give it a go. I enjoyed what bits of KH2 and 358/2 days I played at least, and the gummy ships were fun from what I remember.

I think Zombie is that friend. :p

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I just don't like the massive inconsistant plot and the unnecessary use of disney characters that serve only to make a 12 hour game take a whole year if played casually
I get you. I love the series, but they have always needed to better incorporate the Disney stories so they serve the main plot instead of seeming like filler. And the plot is inconsistent because, well... like I said, it is a lot like DBZ in that the writer is making it up as he goes along and putting in plot points he plans to explain later (when he comes up with an explanation).

Still good fun for me though. I enjoy them. I grew up on so many of the Disney movies and I love when they actually sync with the plot, like they do with Halloween Town, and the story, while confusing, is interesting if you can follow it (which I can for the most part).

If you want a good summary of the story, watch this: https://youtu.be/oV2DcmIK1rU

If you want to see a game by game review of each game that will make you laugh, watch the reviews by Clemps. He is hilarious. Check out his revviews of the Drakengard and Nier series while you're at it. Here is the review on the first game: https://youtu.be/NfGObE_cXjU

ShadowHounder

I get you. I love the series, but they have always needed to better incorporate the Disney stories so they serve the main plot instead of seeming like filler. And the plot is inconsistent because, well... like I said, it is a lot like DBZ in that the writer is making it up as he goes along and putting in plot points he plans to explain later (when he comes up with an explanation).

Still good fun for me though. I enjoy them. I grew up on so many of the Disney movies and I love when they actually sync with the plot, like they do with Halloween Town, and the story, while confusing, is interesting if you can follow it (which I can for the most part).

If you want a good summary of the story, watch this: https://youtu.be/oV2DcmIK1rU

If you want to see a game by game review of each game that will make you laugh, watch the reviews by Clemps. He is hilarious. Check out his revviews of the Drakengard and Nier series while you're at it. Here is the review on the first game: https://youtu.be/NfGObE_cXjU
Just kinda hard to be interested in a story that's designed as FF x Disney... where the actual story seems like an afterthought. It also doesn't help that "main" character is the embodiment of the two worst story elements (plot armor and power of friendship) backed with the personality of a overpowered crybaby. The only solid character is Riku and he is stuck as Sora's Vegeta when Riku would be a much better main hero.

As with DBZ... Most of that can be boiled down to tume restrains. It's harder for Toriyama to plan ahead when he has to have multiple episodes ready to go every week. There is also the fact that Dragon Ball Z was supposed to be the end of Dragon Ball. Super was made because of Toriyama's (and the fans) response to GT. DBZ's time restrants are not existant for KH. Games take more time to produce and have better budgets to work with... and yet the story could only be explained by playing 6 "spinoff" games that make things even more confusing and make the trilogy much bigger then needed due to all KH games needed to be played (in order) to even understand the opening.

Also, KH2's 3 hour tutorial didn't help either