Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

Black0ut

Hey so... Who wants to read easily the longest post We've ever done on here? :3

Please, give Black all the credit for posting this beast, he deserves all the love for it. <3

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! IT'S DONE... FINALLY I CAN GO TO BED AND SLEEP... FOR FIVE HOURS! YES!

Zzzzzzz.....

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The simplest way to visualize Hell is a square at a 45 degree angle. In the center is a medium sized city known as Sind, where those who have repented wait for final judgement, or those banned from paradise reside. The center of the city houses the Palace of Grimora, Goddess of Darkness and Queen of the Damned.

The surrounding area is split into four areas, which themselves are split into four sections, for a total of 16 separate locations in Hell (17 if you include the city). The sections are equal in size, with some deeper but thinner and others wider but shorter. There is a slight decline as you travel away from the city. The farther the section is from the city of Sind, the worse the Sin in the eyes of the gods, and one must start at the deepest level of their sins and work their way up towards the city. Once one has sufficiently repented, one moves to the next area where they repent if they must for that sin. Once they finish an area, they are sent to another area if need be, until they have given proper penance for their sins and wait in Sind to either ascend or reincarnate (depending on the situation).

To the north of Sind, souls pay penance for the Sin of Violence. First, those violent to others stand in a sea of boiling blood. How deep they are depends on how violent they were in life. Second is for those violent towards children and animals, who are tortured relentlessly by demonic animals and children. The third section is for those violent against themselves. They must flee from wolves trying to eat them alive while wounds constantly appear on their bodies. Finally, the deepest section is for those violent against nature and the gods themselves. These souls wonder a scorching desert naked with a sun burning above, devoid of anything and anyone but the other sinners, suffering in the intense heat.

To the south of Sind is for the Covetous. First, the Lecherous, those that sinfully sought physical pleasure and lustfulness, leap through great pillars of flames representing the fire in their loins. Second, the Greedy, those who focused solely on material gain to a sinful degree, are scorched by and force fed molten gold. Third, the Conspicuous, those the sought fame and renown regardless of who it harmed, wonder alone through the tattered remains of a ghost town, wind and rain lashing at them. Finally, the Ambitious, those willing to step on others to seek power and influence, lay helpless as demons exert their power over the sinners in a variety of ways.

To the east of Sind lies the land of the Treacherous. First, betrayers of family are hung on sharp, iron trees. Second, betrayers of friends and those whom one has earned trust with are sawed in half by demons. Third betrayers on a city or country size scale must themselves scale a mountain of knives. Finally, those who have betrayed the gods themselves wonder naked in a river of freezing water.

Finally, the west part of Hell is for the Proud. First, the arrogant who looked down on others and put themselves above the world carry a gigantic boulder representing the weight of the world on their back. Second, the gluttonous, those whose pride led them to take more food then was deserved, sit starving in a lake of bile and saliva while the must succulent food dangles just beyond reach. Third, the Slothful, those whose pride led the to laziness, expecting others to do their work for them, are forced to constantly run from a flock of demonic birds, never able to slow down less the birds catch them and rip them apart. Finally, the envious, those whose pride made them look with grudging hatred upon other men's gifts and good fortune, taking every opportunity to run them down or deprive them of their happiness, wonder a forest of thorns with their eyes sown shut with metal wire.

Terra Dolor Hell.png

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
In case anyone is curious, besides my own ideas thrown in here and there, my main inspirations for Terra Dolor's Hell were Dante's Inferno, Dante's Purgetorio, and Diyu, the Traditional 18 Chinese Hells. [Insert "Chinese have a lot of Hells" clip from Big Trouble in Little China here.]

And please, do read through and ask questions. Lots of questions. Why is this here? Why is this sin not included? Does this include this sin? What does this part mean? What does this sin mean? Why is a raven like a writing desk? What do you get when cross an owl with a bungee cord? Anything. Please, I... I need to know people read this! It took me so long to research, think up, and write!

For the love of God, humor this poor man!

ExoGrim

In case anyone is curious, besides my own ideas thrown in here and there, my main inspirations for Terra Dolor's Hell were Dante's Inferno, Dante's Purgetorio, and Diyu, the Traditional 18 Chinese Hells.

And please, do read through and ask questions. Lots of questions. Why is this here? Why is this sin not included? Does this include this sin? What does this part mean? What does this sin mean? Why is a raven like a writing desk? What do you get when cross an owl with a bungee cord? Anything. Please, I... I need to know people read this! It took me so long to research, think up, and write!

but I think it's too perfect to be questioned T-T

Dahlexpert

Alright what if someone falls into most of these categories? Like Alice in violence who killed Tecunte many times, and the others. What will Alice face in hell, for offending damn near all the worst ones?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Alright what if someone falls into most of these categories? Like Alice in violence who killed Tecunte many times, and the others. What will Alice face in hell, for offending damn near all the worst ones?
You have to pay penance for each sin. So she would have to do one, like for violence, and when penance has been paid through suffering, she goes to the next until all have been done.

Black0ut

In case anyone is curious, besides my own ideas thrown in here and there, my main inspirations for Terra Dolor's Hell were Dante's Inferno, Dante's Purgetorio, and Diyu, the Traditional 18 Chinese Hells. [Insert "Chinese have a lot of Hells" clip from Big Trouble in Little China here.]

I got a question or two: So would Hunters suffer the effects of the Violence, even if they only committed violence to protect another? Also, would a person selected by a god (The more combat oriented ones) be sent first to hell, then allowed to serve, or are they given pardon instead?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I got a question or two: So would Hunters suffer the effects of the Violence, even if they only committed violence to protect another? Also, would a person selected by a god (The more combat oriented ones) be sent first to hell, then allowed to serve, or are they given pardon instead?
Those selected by the gods get a free pass. A "Get Out of Hell" free card. Hypocrisy and all that.

As for the Hunters, those in violence are more for murders and the like. There is a different between having to commit an act of violence and doing so because you're angry or like hurting others or you'll benefit from it. So no, unless it gets them off, a Hunter is in the clear.

Black0ut

Those selected by the gods get a free pass. A "Get Out of Hell" free card. Hypocrisy and all that.

As for the Hunters, those in violence are more for murders and the like. There is a different between having to commit an act of violence and doing so because you're angry or like hurting others or you'll benefit from it. So no, unless it gets them off, a Hunter is in the clear.
I now know where Sancros is heading when he dies...

Also new question; what would happen to an atheist in the gods' eyes? Would they send them immediately to hell, as they don't believe in the gods or are they reincarnated for later?

Bonus ducks question: What happens to the souls of mortals corrupted by Gods to differ from how they usually act? Like with how Tecunte influenced certain mortals to be more evil than they usually would, or, in a probably rare case for the other gods, render a normally evil mortal into a good one? Would they receive the default punishment or does it fall under special circumstances?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
One who doesn't follow the gods (or doesn't believe in them) would still go to where they belong in Hell or be reincarnated to try and get them as a character who does follow them.

Corruption by the gods is taken in consideration by the Judge of Hell (a demi-god daughter of the Judge God). But again... hypocrisy is a problem. Luckily, the Judge is impartial (part of the job) and would consider how much was them and how much was the god's influence.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

One who doesn't follow the gods (or doesn't believe in them) would still go to where they belong in Hell or be reincarnated to try and get them as a character who does follow them.

Corruption by the gods is taken in consideration by the Judge of Hell (a demi-god daughter of the Judge God). But again... hypocrisy is a problem. Luckily, the Judge is impartial (part of the job) and would consider how much was them and how much was the god's influence.

So... Who decides all of this? Who goes to Heaven or Hell? Is it like a committe of gods or is it only one?

Taxor_the_First

So... Who decides all of this? Who goes to Heaven or Hell? Is it like a committe of gods or is it only one?
You've just given me the mental image of a bunch of wacky-looking deities sitting calmly around a table.

"Alright, next on the list, this guy."

Brief pause. "I think we all agree he's a complete dickhead. Hell."

"Yeah, Hell."

"Hell."

"100% Hell for him."