Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So we have a natural defense force of monsters to kill/ distract enemies in case the guild is attacked and intimidates most into submission. That's actually pretty cool. :D
Thank you. As mentioned in the collab with Charter, there was a recent attack on the Guildhouse, and the gargoyles did just that. Unfortunately, two of them were killed, and Mina wasn't happy about that. :-\

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
*Yawn!* Do you think... there is a universe where humans descended from sheep... and when tired, they count swinging monkies to fall asleep?

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

*Yawn!* Do you think... there is a universe where humans descended from sheep... and when tired, they count swinging monkies to fall asleep?

Do robots dream of electric sheep?

Better question is, why would I waste my dreamtime counting? Screw counting I'm going on adventures with video game characters. :p

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Do robots dream of electric sheep?

Better question is, why would I waste my dreamtime counting? Screw counting I'm going on adventures with video game characters. :p
Those are the best dreams to be sure. That and... heheh... saving a pretty lady at the end and... you know... hehehheheheh.

...I'm talking about getting a kiss on the cheek and her baking you a cake, of course.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I once had a dream where I met my Xcom characters...

It was going well until they realized I was the one who wrote their lives to be shit.
I once had a dream that I was in a zombie apocalypse... wait, no, I've had a dream like that a dozen times. Oddly though it is never presented a a nightmare. Can't remember the last time I had a nightmare actually.

Taxor_the_First

I once had a dream that I was in a zombie apocalypse... wait, no, I've had a dream like that a dozen times. Oddly though it is never presented a a nightmare. Can't remember the last time I had a nightmare actually.
Lucky bastard. They don't pop up often for me, but when they do... oof.

I can remember my first proper nightmare really clearly. There is something deeply traumatizing about being struck in the face with what I assume was a flaming pie that floated around of its own accord in a dark, foggy forest while it's controller, a painter, laughs manically.

Hey, don't judge me. I was like 9 at the time.

DarkGemini24601

Well shit, in my rage at parametrics I forgot to post more WoF before I went to sleep.

Has anyone gotten a chance to read any of that yet?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Lucky bastard. They don't pop up often for me, but when they do... oof.

I can remember my first proper nightmare really clearly. There is something deeply traumatizing about being struck in the face with what I assume was a flaming pie that floated around of its own accord in a dark, foggy forest while it's controller, a painter, laughs manically.

Hey, don't judge me. I was like 9 at the time.
The first nightmare I can remember was when I was 4. We used to own this large, round toy box we kept big toys in like cars and trucks. It was basically shaped like a pouting child's head with a bandage over his forehead.

In the nightmare, I was watching a movie with my mother late at night. I went to the kitchen to get some popcorn, and on my way back I touched it or hit it or bumped into it. The toy box started glowing an eerie green, arms and tentacles growing out of it, and in a sinister voice, it said, "If you ever touch me again, I'll rip your arms off."

All true. Hand to God. And I was only 4. 5 at the most. And from that day on, every couple of years, I would be having a normal dream, and that thing would show up. Sometimes in my room, sometimes in some random location. And I would always be compelled to stare into its eyes. And after a few seconds, the dream would melt into a nightmare. Swirling around. Screams. Horrifying monsters. Cackling lips in my face. The feeling of dread and death. And they were hard to wake up from because my eyes would open, and in the dream I would tell myself to open my eyes, but it wouldn't work because my eyes were already open.

I swear that thing must have been haunted. This continued until my early teens when I had the same dream turned nightmare but finally confronted the nightmare, screaming that I wasn't afraid of it.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well shit, in my rage at parametrics I forgot to post more WoF before I went to sleep.

Has anyone gotten a chance to read any of that yet?
Some of it whenever I get a spare minute. Looks good. Glad to see the story lives on. It is fun to have a story written by several people, but you can't beat the precision of just one or two.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Also, most of you probably noticed already, by I put links to the five Terra Dolor threads and my two Google docs in my signature for ease of access.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
tumblr_mve9fsMfbg1qc5y70o1_500.gif

There will be monster bios. They will go up before a mission if they are expected to be seen on said mission, since the Havenbrook Organization would naturally want their hunters to have that info. If a monster(s) shows up that wasn't expected, its bio will go up after the mission (thank you for the suggestion, Gem).

Expect the first monsters to go up tonight or tomorrow night on the Races and Pantheon thread (soon the be the Races, Pantheon, and Enemies thread).

ExoGrim

Status report on the convention, things were a little stressful on registration, but I'll live. The people I'm with a bit crazy, but nice and understand my anxiety issues. I hope that we'll have fun when everything starts up tomorrow.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Status report on the convention, things were a little stressful on registration, but I'll live. The people I'm with a bit crazy, but nice and understand my anxiety issues. I hope that we'll have fun when everything starts up tomorrow.
Have fun with that. Try and push that anxiety aside and enjoy yourself.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

You know, I just noticed that your pic is of Tifa and Aerith with a very peeved Cloud. Also Gem stole my DS motiff!

He loves his FF :p

Btw everyone, something came up and I may be busy easter, family stuff...

I'd really hate to miss the mission though, tell me what you guys think.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
You know... I completely forgot Sunday was Easter. And then when I was reminded, it didn't click. Like someone saying their car is in the shop, and me saying, "Oh, man, sorry to hear that. So when are you coming to pick me up?"

Sigh... I feel silly. Um... Monday evening anyone?