Starstream Think Tank

BMPixy

Yeah, Nick is liable to pull a gun on you, but it usually isn't powered on... I think the Shinso and the cyborg should meet. Kaz did mention Nick's skill in gunnery... at least I think she did... hmmm... Yo, Gem! Is that correct or did I misinterpret?

Not Gem, but went over the post a second time and saw a reference to Nick, but only as Kazane's partner who gave away most of their missiles.

Regardless, a collab idea to keep in mind, as I do plan on trying to have a meeting between one or both of my characters and everyone else's sooner rather than later. Though going to be chilling on writing a bit until more of the backlog is sorted through, want to see I get any ideas from intros.

Taxor_the_First

Everybody else: "Wow, I can't believe you pulled a gun on me in our first meeting!"
Gazan, after being stabbed and nearly shot: "We still have a bond, even if you hate the fact that we do."
Yeah that's turned out to be a surprisingly common thing this time around. I thought I was being cool and original, then I look up and everyone's doing it. Bugger.

Hopefully there's less of it as time goes on. I can't see people getting comfy and friendly with each other if the pistols are being whipped out every two minutes. Or if the grandmothers are being quoted equally fast. Seriously Pixy, how the fuck do you rattle those off off the cuff like that, it's both impressive and intimidating.

Dahlexpert

Yeah that's turned out to be a surprisingly common thing this time around. I thought I was being cool and original, then I look up and everyone's doing it. Bugger.

Hopefully there's less of it as time goes on. I can't see people getting comfy and friendly with each other if the pistols are being whipped out every two minutes. Or if the grandmothers are being quoted equally fast. Seriously Pixy, how the fuck do you rattle those off off the cuff like that, it's both impressive and intimidating.

I mean the ship is filled with mercenarys, and they act like mercenarys. But yea let's try not to kill each other.

Black0ut

I mean the ship is filled with mercenarys, and they act like mercenarys. But yea let's try not to kill each other.
Nick: ...I'm not apologizing.

Titania, now getting popcorn: Ooh... can I take bets on who's going to kick someone's ass?

BMPixy

Grandmother said this. Beasts have their instincts, so too do the wise have their wisdom. Though in real talk a few are references to a particular show, with the rest being modeled in the same style.

Insane Darkness

For those of you who use hyphens (or double hyphens, but I believe that's only me) for emphasis or for interruptions to speech, there is an actual symbol for it slightly longer than a hyphen called an em dash (because it's about the size of an m). They are often used to replace commas or parentheses and create breaks in the sentence. There are no spaces before or after these symbols, either. Note: it's mostly used for informal writing. So, anything formal your character may be writing or saying (or if you yourself prefer to write formally), it may be best to use your alternatives.
Another type exists called the en dash (yes, because it's the size of an n), used when people would say "to" in the English language. (The score is 15-10, Europe–America flight, somewhere between October 11–15, etc.)

ex. — (em) compared to - (hyphen) or even -- (double hyphen) or – (en)
You create this thing by holding down the alt key while typing 0151. (No, I'm not joking.) The en dash is created by holding down the alt key while typing 0150. If this doesn't work for you, let go of the alt key after and it should show up or make sure to be doing it on your keypad. Phone users, I wish you luck.

Just wanted to inform you all. Happy writing. :3

Source: https://www.really-learn-english.com/em-dash.html

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

@DarkGemini24601

"The Captain seems a little…” Devo chose his words carefully, “...distractible, but her second-in-command has a good head on her shoulders. I’m not too worried about it. We have quite the range of people though. Hard to get a good assessment of them as a whole. There’s that… Lay… ped… a? A Shinso guy who looks perpetually on top of the world. We’re quite the motley crew.”

From your collab with Black. This paragraph implies that Yyashtra comes before this, but her intro is after this in the schedule. Bound to happen sooner or later so no harm done. You are only human after all. :p

Taxor_the_First

For those of you who use hyphens (or double hyphens, but I believe that's only me) for emphasis or for interruptions to speech, there is an actual symbol for it slightly longer than a hyphen called an em dash (because it's about the size of an m). They are often used to replace commas or parentheses and create breaks in the sentence. There are no spaces before or after these symbols, either. Note: it's mostly used for informal writing. So, anything formal your character may be writing or saying (or if you yourself prefer to write formally), it may be best to use your alternatives.
Another type exists called the en dash (yes, because it's the size of an n), used when people would say "to" in the English language. (The score is 15-10, Europe–America flight, somewhere between October 11–15, etc.)

ex. — (em) compared to - (hyphen) or even -- (double hyphen) or – (en)
You create this thing by holding down the alt key while typing 0151. (No, I'm not joking.) The en dash is created by holding down the alt key while typing 0150. If this doesn't work for you, let go of the alt key after and it should show up or make sure to be doing it on your keypad. Phone users, I wish you luck.
Just wanted to inform you all. Happy writing. :3

Source: https://www.really-learn-english.com/em-dash.html
Wait. Have we ever seen Insane and Gem in the same room together?

In all seriousness that's a case of "sure I could do that, but it's a pain in the ass and much easier to use the one that requires a single keystroke rather than the one I forget the code for and requires five strokes". So hopefully the misuse of hyphens isn't making you vibrate rapidly, because I'm gonna keep misusing the fuck out of them. My leather jacket, punkish hairdo and baseball bat demand it.

Black0ut

In all seriousness that's a case of "sure I could do that, but it's a pain in the ass and much easier to use the one that requires a single keystroke rather than the one I forget the code for and requires five strokes". So hopefully the misuse of hyphens isn't making you vibrate rapidly, because I'm gonna keep misusing the fuck out of them. My leather jacket, punkish hairdo and baseball bat demand it.
heh

Insane Darkness

Likely not, but I have done a collab with him already.

Also, a lot of you peeps jumped the gun (as Black0ut phrased it) when uploading collabs according to Gem's list. I have an intro collab I haven't uploaded with Zombie and Blaze and one in progress with Ella (that I don't expect anyone to wait for, but it is a thing). Just wanted to let you guys know. We might need to put in an effort to uphold the list to make sure everything makes sense.

DarkGemini24601

Likely not, but I have done a collab with him already.

Also, a lot of you peeps jumped the gun (as Black0ut phrased it) when uploading collabs according to Gem's list. I have an intro collab I haven't uploaded with Zombie and Blaze and one in progress with Ella (that I don't expect anyone to wait for, but it is a thing). Just wanted to let you guys know. We might need to put in an effort to uphold the list to make sure everything makes sense.
If you've set collabs before things that were already in existence, there's not much I could have done to correct for that.

Black0ut

If you've set collabs before things that were already in existence, there's not much I could have done to correct for that.
I think he means in your list as it has his characters coming on board for their interviews after they interact with the crew in earlier posted collabs.

DarkGemini24601

I think he means in your list as it has his characters coming on board for their interviews after they interact with the crew in earlier posted collabs.
I don't think that's correct, or at the least that was not made clear to me when I consulted with everyone. JJJ and Blaze's intro is placed towards the back because I was given to understand that it was written later, and there is zero mention of Blaze before that point, nor does he interact with anyone before that point. And he mentioned an in-progress collab which refers to my point about not being able to account for things that haven't been written yet.

Black0ut

I don't think that's correct, or at the least that was not made clear to me when I consulted with everyone. JJJ and Blaze's intro is placed towards the back because I was given to understand that it was written later, and there is zero mention of Blaze before that point, nor does he interact with anyone before that point. And he mentioned an in-progress collab which refers to my point about not being able to account for things that haven't been written yet.
I think he meant Ella.

DarkGemini24601

I think we still have half or more to go, it's going to be a bit waylaid since the next thing up is with Zmby and Shadow. Zmby's sick and Shadow might not be able to post stuff in general due to his restrictions, so we might have to wait a day or two for Zmby to get better.

While we're waiting, though, I ran an idea by Zombie and a few others that has received generally good reception. It's become fairly obvious to everyone that by the nature of its size, the Golden Wind doesn't make for a collab setting that's going to be suited to most situations. We need a broader hub. This is my solution:

A massive, megacity space station at a crossroads between multiple regions of space. The hub station would be varied, possibly even by being something like a halo ring. It would have bio-areas that are chunks of wilderness fitted in, cosmopolitan areas with a multitude of races, individual enclaves of cultures that prefer to control access, and many things in-between.

As for the regions that surround it: those with their own ships could visit them or ferry passengers with them for extended collabs (or taking others of their own characters, for example: Kaz ferrying the Vizcarra siblings). A region would have its own 'personality', with a selection of race(s), environments, factions. Anyone Zmby approved could design their own region for use in a character plot or to contribute to the main plot as it manifests. They can also use designing a region large or small to generate material for missions.

Thoughts?

Dahlexpert

I think we still have half or more to go, it's going to be a bit waylaid since the next thing up is with Zmby and Shadow. Zmby's sick and Shadow might not be able to post stuff in general due to his restrictions, so we might have to wait a day or two for Zmby to get better.

While we're waiting, though, I ran an idea by Zombie and a few others that has received generally good reception. It's become fairly obvious to everyone that by the nature of its size, the Golden Wind doesn't make for a collab setting that's going to be suited to most situations. We need a broader hub. This is my solution:

A massive, megacity space station at a crossroads between multiple regions of space. The hub station would be varied, possibly even by being something like a halo ring. It would have bio-areas that are chunks of wilderness fitted in, cosmopolitan areas with a multitude of races, individual enclaves of cultures that prefer to control access, and many things in-between.

As for the regions that surround it: those with their own ships could visit them or ferry passengers with them for extended collabs (or taking others of their own characters, for example: Kaz ferrying the Vizcarra siblings). A region would have its own 'personality', with a selection of race(s), environments, factions. Anyone Zmby approved could design their own region for use in a character plot or to contribute to the main plot as it manifests. They can also use designing a region large or small to generate material for missions.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me, seeing as though the ship is to small. And with it being small and contained and open area like a hub would be welcome. I can also serve as us turning in bounty's.