New Dedicated Server

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
To my fellow Gamigoners,

When Gray Lines Gaming launched in 2012 it was a result of a merger between an existing community I had run before called Oasis Gaming Network and 2 well known Youtubers by the name of Linus and ChristopherOdd.

At the time of the merger OGN/GLG was wealthy in funds so for many years I had server equipment located in a colocation centre (its a type of BYOD data centre where, space and bandwidth are available for rent). We had a Dual processor quad core 16gb Dell Poweredge1950. It was never top-end equipment but for the purpose of running NS2, Minecraft and random gaming server it was fine. Fast forward May 2014 that server was shutdown. Mostly due to little use and becoming economically unjustifiable.

upload_2014-11-19_21-52-31.png
Today I am very happy to announce we are back in business with a proper dedicated server that I will install in a colocation centre. All this would not be possible weren't it for our loyal member of 6+ years @Koomji which donated. While you don't see him on the Forums much you can always find him on Teamspeak.

Below are the specifications for the new server. Right now I am open to all suggestions and requests to host game servers for any game. Feel free to suggest games we might play as a community!

SYSTEM: DELL POWEREDGE R610 1U RACKMOUNT SERVER
PROCESSOR: 2 x INTEL XEON SIX CORE X5650 2.67GHz 12MB CACHE
MEMORY: 32GB DDR3 ECC REGD MEMORY
HARD DRIVES: 2 x 160GB 2.5"" SSD​

Last edited:

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Thanks but it's not installed yet lol. I setup a CDN to speed up site. Install is set for this Friday.