March 19th 2013: The current state of Graylines.

Blue

Community Manager
Q1 2013: State of GrayLines

We've had quite an first quarter, although overall member growth is down, teamspeak activity seems to be on a high as of late. The game with the strongest following within the community has been DayZ for quite some time now and should it become an option I am curious as to whether we have the capacity to host our own server? I suspect it may be worth waiting until the standalone, dependent on the estimated release date. Other than that, we have 3 rather large minecraft servers. We really only have the support for one of them.

Although the user base here may not be as strong as it's been in the past, I do still have high hopes for this place. So I've decided to reach out to the community in hopes to get some sort of a revival program put into place.

So heres where we stand as far as I can see,

What we're good at:
  • Game diversity: We have not settled on a single genre which is nice.
  • Community spread: A few nice groups, everyone seems to get along for the most part.
  • Skillful players across the board.
  • Keeping the players we do manage to pull in.
What we're not good at:
  • Setting a name for ourselves, now I recognize how hard that can be and it is not any one persons fault. I for one will be pushing this point the hardest.
  • Forum activity, will grow with numbers, not much we can do here.
  • Support for our own servers, watching the gametrackers they seem to always be empty if not near empty. This is on everyone, myself included. Thats the thing I'm simply watching the gametrackers.
What can we do to improve this?

So here is a good place to start, we need to gather as a community, speaking from both a member and administration standpoint, and have a discussion. The forums are a great place for that, people can take the time to go over what they are about to say rather than the "spur of the moment effect of a VoIP system like teamspeak.

What do the players want to see? how can we be sure that their need are met or at least matched? What will be required of the players in order for this to be effective? What needs to change?

I am asking everyone, not just the admins, anyone with an opinion, please voice it.
What would you like to see? How can I make that happen for you?

Fire me off a PM if you'd like to discuss and idea privately, otherwise you can always find me on teamspeak at voice.graylinesgaming.com

I will not be speaking of this over voice, the forums need the activity anyways.

Thanks for your time,

Spencer McDonald (Blue)

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Sadly probably only I will respond even know teamspeak is very active all the time.

We can host dayz server just to be clear. Its kinda a pain to setup until they release a standalone client.

We need to talk on teamspeak some time bro. where you been?

RoadFrost

I dont know if you are able to do this, but make a challenger type of deal where people can submit their stats at certain games and then people could ask to team up or challenge them to a match. That would probably make it a bit better as a community and it would be kinda of fun too. Also you can meet new people to play the game with.

Blue

Community Manager
I actually really like this idea. I will be looking into ways to have it implemented.

Thank you.

Max

Sadly probably only I will respond even know teamspeak is very active all the time.

We can host dayz server just to be clear. Its kinda a pain to setup until they release a standalone client.

We need to talk on teamspeak some time bro. where you been?
Rocket has hinted at them not allowing private servers which seems kinda stupid if you ask me