Knights of the Roundtable Think Tank

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

So there's a multiplatform Avenger's game coming out and they just announced that my favorite superhero Spiderman will be playable yaaaay.

Except only for PlayStation. And the Xbox and PC crowds get nothing. So now if I get it I'm going to end up paying the same amount for less content as well as fewer Character Missions. And it isn't like this will get them more customers, no one is going to pay 400 dollars for a single game character, so they just shafted 75 percent of the consumer base for literally no reason. Sony are greedy assholes who will gladly ruin games for everyone else on the gaming community if it means they get a few more bucks in their pockets.

ShadowHounder

So there's a multiplatform Avenger's game coming out and they just announced that my favorite superhero Spiderman will be playable yaaaay.

Except only for PlayStation. And the Xbox and PC crowds get nothing. So now if I get it I'm going to end up paying the same amount for less content as well as fewer Character Missions. And it isn't like this will get them more customers, no one is going to pay 400 dollars for a single game character, so they just shafted 75 percent of the consumer base for literally no reason. Sony are greedy assholes who will gladly ruin games for everyone else on the gaming community if it means they get a few more bucks in their pockets.
Anyone else remember when having version exclusive bonuses are normal? Ya know, before the rise of PC gaming and DLC? No? Okay...

Also, What EA did was far worse then Sony deciding to have exclusive claim over a single character... need I remind you that they are the reason why lootboxes became the shitstorm we know them as today XD

Dahlexpert

Anyone else remember when having version exclusive bonuses are normal? Ya know, before the rise of PC gaming and DLC? No? Okay...

Also, What EA did was far worse then Sony deciding to have exclusive claim over a single character... need I remind you that they are the reason why lootboxes became the shitstorm we know them as today XD
Ironically there also the reason why there dying today to.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

I do. Of course. I remember games like Soul Calibur 2. But back then every console got something, a character, now Sony just pays more money to fuck over gamers everywhere.

DarkGemini24601

I maintain that gaming would be in a better place if the industry focused all of its time and tech on pc. Everyone has a pc, and would buy higher end pcs instead of consoles consistently if everything was on pc. Keep controllers around for games that work better with them, of course. But consolidate.

Black0ut

I maintain that gaming would be in a better place if the industry focused all of its time and tech on pc. Everyone has a pc, and would buy higher end pcs instead of consoles consistently if everything was on pc. Keep controllers around for games that work better with them, of course. But consolidate.
I actually concur with this. But... given the inconsistencies and rivalries all these triple A companies have, I doubt we'll see it come to fruition for maybe a few decades...

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Um. No. Everyone does not have a PC and not many who do can keep up with the prices required to consistently update one. Like me. In both regards.

DarkGemini24601

That's what the friend I discussed this with said, but like I told him, here's my thought: if you can afford to buy a current-gen console to play console games, imagine if there were no consoles and you could buy a pc for around that cost instead. Consolidation still works. If you can neither afford current gen console and their titles / a decent pc and their titles, you can't exactly do it either way. But I'm trying to solve multi-platform issues with this hypothetical, not income inequality.

ShadowHounder

That's what the friend I discussed this with said, but like I told him, here's my thought: if you can afford to buy a current-gen console to play console games, imagine if there were no consoles and you could buy a pc for around that cost instead. Consolidation still works. If you can neither afford current gen console and their titles / a decent pc and their titles, you can't exactly do it either way. But I'm trying to solve multi-platform issues with this hypothetical, not income inequality.
that and PCs last longer than most consoles... seeing as you only need to swap a single piece once every 5-10 years (depending on the part)