X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

That is BS, those are words you put into my mouth. First of all that above thing was a joke, especially out of the reason that I did not read it and wished for a button that said "Didn't read LoL" so I could vote also. Second of all there are other ways to prove points than that unnecessary shit, especially if it does not concern me, then why post it here in public a public voting poll where I can participate in? Rather than having a private conversation about it. I think I have every right to be a part of this. After all it's right here on this forum where I'm also active. And if you have forgotten I'm in the story. Just nonactive, which I will remain. But that still saying that I'm and was a part of the story. And who said I have no interest in it? xD This debate has sparked more than enough of my interest to go and read those 3 pages.
I'm done playing this game Prisma. Let me lay some things out for you:
  1. You are not part of this story. If you're not an active participant and are not sanctioned by the GM, you are not a Member. It was that way in Story of Defiance, it is that way in Vanguard of Forseti, and it will be way in Liberation of Earth.
  2. This is a public forum for MEMBERS of the story. And foremost its for members to interaction on story topics and occasionally off-topic shit.
  3. You are ESPECIALLY not a Member because you do not keep up with the story regularly. You have no comittment: you CANNOT just come in and go as you please.
Get out of the think tank. You don't belong here. If you want to talk anime, games, and how bad of a GM I am, do it in an off-topic thread. I don't give a shit if you don't get as much traffic there, all you do here is undermine me and start shit, and that is no longer going to be tolerated.

DarkGemini24601

That is exactly what I wanted to hear from you. Thank You!

You see people, I have never received anything else but this from this guy. All he ever did to me was undermine my attempts to RP with you guys. And now he said it, I'm unwanted here. I should get out of here. The very thing I wanted to do for months now because of him and he said he was so sorry about. Now the truth has been said. Like hell he is sorry, it would be his dream once I'm gone. Well fuck you I'm staying! And I will continue to go about my business and not let you harass me in that way. But really thank you for finally going public with this.

I'm saving this btw, to remind you of this. Come to me again one day and tell me you don't understand why I hate you. I will post this ^^
Sorry, but the majority of people here are my friends. They're not going to think less of me for tiring of someone that has consistently goaded me and treated me like garbage. Your attempts - your blatant attempts - at manipulation will go nowhere.

PrismaCube

Sorry, but the majority of people here are my friends. They're not going to think less of me for tiring of someone that has consistently goaded me and treated me like garbage. Your attempts - your blatant attempts - at manipulation will go nowhere.

Oh and the majority of people here aren't my friends either? But I don't pull them into shit where we take polls to prove a point. Why would I be thought of any less than you when you are doing nothing else than treating me like garbage. I'm just showing people the truth. I'm the martin luther and you would be the church. If my attempts to show them the truth or quote you "your blatant attempts - at manipulation" goes nowhere see if I care. I aint trying to show what kind of a jerk you can be. You are doing that all on your own. I'm just supporting you.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
For everyone here, I need to speak up. I am not a GM of the story, but I am a moderator for this site, and I am laying down the law. There will be no harassment or bullying of any kind tolerated from anyone, no matter the reason. None of us need to see any of this shit. If you want to be asses to one another, do it on your own time, not ours. Keeping something you have negative TO YOURSELF. If I see ONE more post about anyone doing anything to instigate a fight, or harassment of any kind, you WILL deal with me, friend or not.

Dahlexpert

For everyone here, I need to speak up. I am not a GM of the story, but I am a moderator for this site, and I am laying down the law. There will be no harassment or bullying of any kind tolerated from anyone, no matter the reason. None of us need to see any of this shit. If you want to be asses to one another, do it on your own time, not ours. Keeping something you have negative TO YOURSELF. If I see ONE more post about anyone doing anything to instigate a fight, or harassment of any kind, you WILL deal with me, friend or not.

Wow Marine laying down the Law, how unexpected. But I will agree i'm also sick of seeing you two argue.

DarkGemini24601

I'll finish up my solos tomorrow. But I'm probably just going to skip out on doing some sort of finale main thread post (at least for now) and just conclude with an announcement and subsequent new thread creation tomorrow morning. Or at least when as soon as when I can get the mods to mess around with stickies.

DarkGemini24601

So I thought this intro would be 2 parts. Turns out it's six! Enjoy while I get this behemoth up! And special thanks to Marine, who collabed with me for the latter parts. Couldn't have done it without him.

DarkGemini24601

We're back in business at last! Let this crazy space pirate war continue in all its glory! (Zmby is free to post that post I asked him to delay) Sorry for the wait, but it's all good now. Enjoy the active threads being spammed by psychic huskies.

New Content:
Neutron Star - Introduction to Marianela -> Marianela Biography
Einherjar - Endpoint of Narcisse's sideplot (The events leading up to it will be explored in flashbacks or something. I'm excited to find out what happened!)
Rulers of Shambhala - Expect a lot of content soon, we have a bunch sitting in our box o' goodies for posting once we hit a good cliffhanger point (And Marine and Zmby finish a monster collab, or at least compile it for posting. Yes, post that thing! It's awesome!).

Also, keep an eye out for a side story on Mia Belle with the White Wolves ( @Adrammalech 's lovely cast that he'll possible write a solo story for if he has the time ) and Pixy's Seikronyr side story with Nitetis, Tak-sharu, and the triple S (if he gets to it :3).

PrismaCube

Well guys, I'm sorry it had to come to this...
But I'm once again going to depart from this place. I have thought about recent activities and come to the conclusion that I'm sick and tired of this. As much as I enjoy chatting with the bunch of you, and sharing my art and hearing your thoughts... I just can't handle it, always having an argument with a certain someone and pulling you guys into it. I never wanted that and I'm sorry that it kept happening. So the best thing for me is to leave. Entirely. Don't expect to be hearing from me anytime soon. I also won't be responding to future email anymore or even be online at this point. I'm more than enough busy with my real life. I'm planning to marry my girlfriend of five years now next year and start a family. By then it would have been goodbye anyway. Although I have started this RP and even placed characters in the story that continued on once I was focused on school. I'm just very thankful that the lot of you joined me in on that. I have looked forward to RP with many of you guys and even did for some. But current and future projects are just not to my liking of what a RP should be like, so there is no point in me staying here. Since I was never wanted here anyway, I'm sorry that I tried to keep the think tank lively when nothing was going on. I hope that in the future you guys can still have off topic fun without me.

As for future projects that I announced. I'm very sorry but I'm canceling each and every one of them. The story about Avanix/Yokosora I will continue on my own, since that never had anything to do with this forum in the first place. As of other stories, pictures and projects all canceled. I'm sorry but I see no point in staying here just for that.

In the end I don't wish for you guys to be sad about my departure for I have done this more than enough, should get old after a while. However this time do not expect me to return. Depending on how my life will continue I might never visit this place again. But don't lose hope, you guys have been in my live for two years now and I do hate leaving friends behind.

I do plan on joining the XCOM 2 Role play of Christopher Odd if there will be one, at the latest that is when you guys will see me once again, until the RP is over or my character is once again dead that is. (Which will probably happen, since none of my characters ever survive Chris RP :p )

Anyway enough with the long goodbye. Enjoy RP and keep up the great stories, I never told any of you this but I read along the entire XCOM RP you guys did, and I have to say you guys are the future of great book authors. There have been nights were I was just sucked into the story and wished to be a part of it. Don't let that talent go to waste.

I guess this is it, I suck at goodbyes so...just... goodbye. At least one of you gets what he wished for.

-Colin

Alzdude28

I would like to apologise to everyone in the group for not being around over the past couple of weeks. Personal issues surfaced, which are now somewhat resolved, and when I finally returned I see that in the time I've been away, infighting has risen to ridiculous, petty levels, to the point where Prisma has been forced out of the group. I refuse to be a part of this, and as such, it is with regret that I announce that I shall also be leaving, as a gesture of solidarity. I wish it didn't have to come to this, and so I would like to say sorry once more. Take care everyone, I hope to see you again if Odd makes another RP.

- Sophie.

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

I would like to apologise to everyone in the group for not being around over the past couple of weeks. Personal issues surfaced, which are now somewhat resolved, and when I finally returned I see that in the time I've been away, infighting has risen to ridiculous, petty levels, to the point where Prisma has been forced out of the group. I refuse to be a part of this, and as such, it is with regret that I announce that I shall also be leaving, as a gesture of solidarity. I wish it didn't have to come to this, and so I would like to say sorry once more. Take care everyone, I hope to see you again if Odd makes another RP.

- Sophie.
I think it's incredibly rash to do something like this. Allow me to make a defense here.

I am a GM. I am a leader. I have to make decisions for the betterment of the group that I don't always like. Do you think I enjoyed ousting Prisma from the THINK TANK? No, I didn't. But I never told him to leave the site. And he was not part of the group in the first place. You don't know the full story.

If Prisma for some reason comes back to read this, I imagine he'll get mad, but I do sincerely mean to say this as neutrally as I can. And this isn't a debate, just a statement of events as I see them.

This is my side of the story, unangry and uncensored. He suggested to do videoless RPs before I came to the site, and I echoed a similar idea when I joined about a year ago without knowing we were on the same wavelength until he brought it up. Story of Defiance was born from this. Prisma was to play the leader of EXALT, Lusett, and it went well for awhile until school and personal stuff dragged him away. Myself and MarineAvenger took up the reigns of EXALT. We respectfully killed off Prisma's characters since (IIRC) we were under the impression that he wasn't coming back and we didn't want to play another's characters the wrong way.

I did continue the legacy of the Exalt family line. Obviously, I didn't know that Prisma had a bunch of specifics for their behavior, but in the occasional chat I had with him over the course of SoD those were never outlined for me even though he asked about how things were going and I did my best to answer. That whole time we were pleasant friends, though, and he was completely fine with what happened to Lusett.

Fast forward to Vanguard of Forseti. Prisma wanted in again, as did Zain and Euan. I was hesitant about those three because they all had a track record of leaving early on in the previous RP. But I gave them a second chance. Prisma was going to be our chief of engineering. Alexander Von Braum had a side project, one to ressurect Lusett in an android body.

What Prisma specified about that is that she would hate my Exalt characters for "not following the family way". I argued that it was unfair to hold characters to standards that didn't to my or their knowledge exist, since Elene should have known everything she was supposed to be as an Exalt. Without Prisma to specify that last season, I just went with my own ideas.

Zmby had been onboard with the initial ideas of Android Lusett, but I was hesitant. Prisma proposed the idea that Lusett would be inclined to go to Earth, start a new EXALT, and try to tear down Exalt Enterprises and everything they stood for. Obviously, Vanguard of Forseti has everything to do with the colonies and nothing to do with Earth directly. So I said that idea wasn't good, and it may need to be scrapped.

Prisma didn't like being told that. He grew angry with me, and any further attempts to talk to him (through conversations or through Marine) resulted in him swearing a ton and not listening to reason. So I showed his ideas on the think tank because at the time I felt it was necessary to prove my point that it wasn't a good idea.

Ultimately, after a lot of arguing, Prisma said he had to leave due to personal stuff. Later, he outright told me that was a lie, that "I had killed his passion." By vetoing a single character idea. And so this string of hate has continued until the point where his vitriol hurled at me was too much to take.

He left the story of his own volition, AlzDude. He stopped writing. Someone is not a Member of our group if they don't contribute anything. Some write slower than others. I love Tax for his infrequent but awesome content. Prisma wasn't producing anything because of his hatred of me. And if you're going to hate the leader of the story, you certainly aren't going to fit in when you try to come back.

And regardless, when someone bails early on twice in a row, I'm not going to give them a third chance when all that will logically do is make a mess- for me to waste time I could be using to make the story BETTER - cleaning up.

DarkGemini24601

So, @Alzdude28 , understand this. If you "do an act of solidarity" by leaving the RP for someone that wasn't even in it by the standards of the GM (and at least one of my assistants), you're making - imo - a foolish decision that isn't informed of the group dynamic. You're new. You missed all the drama with Prisma except for the ingame, so you have no idea of what went on to get us to where we are now.

If you sincerely want to leave, I have no power to stop you, naturally. But I'm honestly shocked that you'd be willing to throw away everything you've worked towards with your characters over a fight with someone who I would honestly call a Drifter, certainly not a Member.

As for everyone else, let's not turn this into a trainwreck over one guy, please. Vanguard of Forseti is shaping up to be awesome again. XCOM2 is going to be fun as hell. There's no reason to bail on the behalf of someone that stuck around for a month or two at best in our stories, and spent the rest of his time posting silly anime pictures or giving me a hard time.

Frostlich1228

Ah, this is a pleasant debacle to wake up to.

I feel like all this is partly my fault...

I need to learn how to hold my tongue when there's something I don't like, rather than fighting with you about it, I mean it really doesn't get us anywhere. Even though all I want is to make the rp better, all I'm doing is making it worse my opposing you so much all the time... And maybe I wouldn't have unintentionally egged Prisma on to fight with you too...

DarkGemini24601

I feel like all this is partly my fault...

I need to learn how to hold my tongue when there's something I don't like, rather than fighting with you about it, I mean it really doesn't get us anywhere. Even though all I want is to make the rp better, all I'm doing is making it worse my opposing you so much all the time... And maybe I wouldn't have unintentionally egged Prisma on to fight with you too...
Thank you, Frost. That means a lot. :D I do appreciate your input, and you're free to ask me about things and offer advice if you want. All you really need to do is be aware of when we've been debating for awhile and it's time to just lay it to rest and defer to me if it's not a big deal.

DarkGemini24601

And believe me, I'm not worried about our long time members leaving over this. Marine and Zombie aren't going anywhere, Tax is likely unswayed by this, Dahl always likes to poke fun and both sides of an argument and he's got a thick skin, Pixy'll stick around with us since he's got plenty of ideas circulating around, I know Frost is invested in his characters (he has an awesome upcoming post with Blackout!). I just want to reaffirm that I'm not the tyrant Prisma made me out to be. I love doing stuff with you guys and I appreciate your input. I just want to make sure our wonderful new three recruits don't get turned off the RP because of some drama. Every site has drama. We're no exception. But I have never, ever, encountered an irreconciable situation aside from this anomaly with Prisma. He didn't have the capacity or desire to forgive me for spoiling his idea to everyone in a moment of desperation, nor did he have the capacity to be okay with his ideas being vetoed (something I do to everyone at least once. And I certainly don't put all of my ideas into action).

He'd be better suited to writing solo stuff however he wants. A story with a definite leader wasn't for him; he couldn't do the transition from Chris's disorganized style to this more focused style. That's no mark against him. Not everyone is a collaborative writer. Some shine on their own. And I sincerely wish him luck in life and love. At the end of the day, though I tired of his antics, I never really hated him. He's a good writer, an excellent, EXCELLENT artist, and I wish him good fortune in his future endeavors.