X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

Well, it's hard to keep people interested in something, especially politics, without putting a bit of humor into it.

And what didn't you find accurate, if I may ask? I'm curious.

Well for one thing, which is the biggest thing. That we need these refuges. We really don't. Maybe other countries in Europe do. But Germany really does not. If I might say this all feels like a gigantic unnecessary thing to prove the rest of the world that Germany is not all as bad as it was years ago (which I have my own personal opinion of anyway which I won't share for personal reason.) . Oh hey look we are helping people that really need help! We are so great!

Meanwhile the own people are being ignored and their demands are being silent. My sister who just recently got a child has a ton of trouble getting support for her and her child (which is usually not a problem) but now with all these immigrants they get all the attention.

It's just a shitty situation, Merkel is making problems instead of solving them. The only problem being solved I can think of is that we have more jobs being filled. But that is only one positive thing. Why support other nations when you can't even support your own nation yet? Hitler knew this would happen and even said we would regret this, now that it is happening and people are complaining about it but in secrecy. Say to much and you are a racist. However it is building more and more up and soon there will be a revolution.

Not saying that I hate these immigrants, I do not at all. I hate the politicians of Germany making bad decisions during bad times. Like mentioned already. Germany is pretty much the only one holding Europe together.

Other nations block immigrants and have no problems yet ours keep growing. I just fail to see where the positive things are in taking these people in other than helping people that need the help, how do they thank us? Complaining! Being Rude! Being unhappy with what they get! RIOTING! Is this how you treat the hand that is feeding you?

Frostlich1228

Well for one thing, which is the biggest thing. That we need these refuges. We really don't. Maybe other countries in Europe do. But Germany really does not. If I might say this all feels like a gigantic unnecessary thing to prove the rest of the world that Germany is not all as bad as it was years ago (which I have my own personal opinion of anyway which I won't share for personal reason.) . Oh hey look we are helping people that really need help! We are so great!

Meanwhile the own people are being ignored and their demands are being silent. My sister who just recently got a child has a ton of trouble getting support for her and her child (which is usually not a problem) but now with all these immigrants they get all the attention.

It's just a shitty situation, Merkel is making problems instead of solving them. The only problem being solved I can think of is that we have more jobs being filled. But that is only one positive thing. Why support other nations when you can't even support your own nation yet? Hitler knew this would happen and even said we would regret this, now that it is happening and people are complaining about it but in secrecy. Say to much and you are a racist. However it is building more and more up and soon there will be a revolution.

Not saying that I hate these immigrants, I do not at all. I hate the politicians of Germany making bad decisions during bad times. Like mentioned already. Germany is pretty much the only one holding Europe together.

Other nations block immigrants and have no problems yet ours keep growing. I just fail to see where the positive things are in taking these people in other than helping people that need the help, how do they thank us? Complaining! Being Rude! Being unhappy with what they get! RIOTING! Is this how you treat the hand that is feeding you?

I think you're right, Germany really shouldn't be one of the only countries openly accepting these people. If the other countries in Europe would take a certain percentage of the refugees Germany wouldn't be overflowing trying to help them all itself.

If the other countries keep using this 'Not our problem excuse' Germany is not going to have a good time. These refugees are a boon in MODERATION, too much of any good thing becomes a bad thing, if other leaders don't decide to take more responsibility for housing these people and dealing with this crisis themselves we're going to have a snowball effect that levels Europe's already crumbling economy.

Frostlich1228

Of course I forgive your opinion.

I just feel like we need a middle ground here. We can't exactly excommunicate all immigrants from Europe just to try and preserve a pure culture, and we can't just take EVERYBODY in, because then they begin to tax on the economy rather than help it, and like you say, you'll begin to see more of them than your native people.

Take water for example, we all need it, but too little water will cause dehydration and too much water will make you really, really sick, you have to have the right, middle amount, for your body to function properly. The same I feel can be said of government, that's the reason ratical ideas on either side don't usually work out in the long run, such as Fascism or Communism, too left or too right is bad.

Now that I think of it, maybe Europe can learn a little from America's immigration policies. The United States has been an haven for immigrants since it's foundation, so we've have a lot of time to get this right and work on it, I feel like what we have now is okay. Not perfect, mind you, but okay.

Setting up security checkpoints and having immigrants learn about our country's history before being let in. Sure, we have many Spanish only speakers in our country, but they've been with us so long that now most people have taken the time to learn Spanish. So even though some of the immigrants in Europe don't speak the native tongue, after a few years, their kids will learn the German tongue from school along with Arabic from their parents, meaning that you'll have translators who could work in German schools as teachers of the Arabic language.

Last edited:

PrismaCube

I'm sorry, I'm just going to delete that post, just ignore that I ever posted it. I'm to afraid that my opinion will be looked at wrong.

Black0ut

I think you're right, Germany really shouldn't be one of the only countries openly accepting these people. If the other countries in Europe would take a certain percentage of the refugees Germany wouldn't be overflowing trying to help them all itself.

If the other countries keep using this 'Not our problem excuse' Germany is not going to have a good time. These refugees are a boon in MODERATION, too much of any good thing becomes a bad thing, if other leaders don't decide to take more responsibility for housing these people and dealing with this crisis themselves we're going to have a snowball effect that levels Europe's already crumbling economy.
... I take a nap and I come back to a political/moral debate about the Syrian immigrants and the act of Terrorism in France? And I missed Yesterday's war with Frost and Gem about...stuff, because I was napping (Or rather sleeping... A lot of Essay papers will do that to you...)? Oh think tank, when did the carefree banter decide to go? *sighs* That is all. The silent man of the group is going to go back to being mute. Well, until I randomly decide to interject again.

On a random side note, The Original Chryssalid, the XCOM version, and the XCOM2 version and the first two things that popped up from typing "KawaiI Zelda". Enjoy.
xcommotivator.jpg
download (1).jpg
images.jpg
download.jpg
download (2).jpg

Last edited:

Black0ut

... I take a nap and I come back to a political/moral debate about the Syrian immigrants and the act of Terrorism in France? And I missed Yesterday's war with Frost and Gem about...stuff, because I was napping (Or rather sleeping... A lot of Essay papers will do that to you...)? Oh think tank, when did the carefree banter decide to go? *sighs* That is all. The silent man of the group is going to go back to being mute. Well, until I randomly decide to interject again.

On a random side note, The Original Chryssalid, the XCOM version, and the XCOM2 version and the first two things that popped up from typing "KawaiI Zelda". Enjoy. View attachment 873 View attachment 874 View attachment 875 View attachment 876 View attachment 877
And with that I bid you all goodnight (or Nacht, at least I think that's how it's spelled. Hey, can't blame a guy who only been in German/Deutsch 1 for 2 and a half months).

Frostlich1228

On a random side note, The Original Chryssalid, the XCOM version, and the XCOM2 version and the first two things that popped up from typing "KawaiI Zelda". Enjoy. View attachment 873 View attachment 874 View attachment 875 View attachment 876 View attachment 877

I'm personally a fan of intense debate... Until it devolves to fighting and insult slinging that is... :/

DarkGemini24601

Honestly, this may sound contraversial simce apparently people of European descent aren't allowed to be proud of themselves anymore (but everyone else is, double standards yay!)...

If I had to choose between taking in refugees and annhilating European culture and identity (which is a risk if the immigrants don't assimilate and try to make Europe accept their values instead) or looking like a meanie for keeping them put and letting the economy take a hit, but presserve Europe? I'd do the latter. And encourage people to have more kids. Or have machines do the work of the missing birthrate numbers.

DarkGemini24601

Politics aside, expect a major announcement later today. Nothing apocalyptic, but some big changes are coming nevertheless. Changes that will address a sinking ship in a positive way.

Frostlich1228

Honestly, this may sound contraversial simce apparently people of European descent aren't allowed to be proud of themselves anymore (but everyone else is, double standards yay!)...

If I had to choose between taking in refugees and annhilating European culture and identity (which is a risk if the immigrants don't assimilate and try to make Europe accept their values instead) or looking like a meanie for keeping them put and letting the economy take a hit, but presserve Europe? I'd do the latter. And encourage people to have more kids. Or have machines do the work of the missing birthrate numbers.

It's not just taking in refugee's, you have to consider WHY they need shelter, and it's because if we do send them back, they're all going to die... If they aren't let in... They are going to die...

It's more like...

Taking the chance that you could losing your culture, or committing Genocide on people that came to you for help, because sending them back is damning them to death, and doing nothing is also damning them to death.

When you look at it like that, you can clearly see why this is such a divisive and heated topic.

DarkGemini24601

It's not just taking in refugee's, you have to consider WHY they need shelter, and it's because if we do send them back, they're all going to die... If they aren't let in... They are going to die...

It's more like...

Taking the chance that you could losing your culture, or committing Genocide on people that came to you for help, because sending them back is damning them to death, and doing nothing is also damning them to death.

When you look at it like that, you can clearly see why this is such a divisive and heated topic.
It's not genocide if you're not actively killing them. If I am a wealthy billionare and I don't spend my money feeding the poor around me, that doesn't make me a murderer. That's not a fair way to look at it.

Dahlexpert

Guys I know i'm late to the party, but I feel like saying something.

First @PrismaCube great art work on your mage character, she looks awesome.

Second there's been a lot of polotice talk on this site, not that because unlike twitter you guys handle it civilized & in a calm manner.

And third about these refuges, I live by the saying do to others what you will do to your self as in treat people equally. Europe not taking the refuges, I find it wrong & inhuman the reason why i'm calling it in human is because when Europe's economy falls and it will. They will be trying to go to hungry or Russia to take them in, so in my opinion they should take the refuges.

DarkGemini24601

To everyone involved with Vanguard of Forseti or have supported it throughout the months.

We love you all, and consider you as close of friends as anyone met in person. For some of us, that friendship even transcends face to face friendships. VoF has been a turbulent ride, filled with ups and downs, high points and low points. We would like to think said ups and high points far outnumber their competition.

However, I regret to inform you that, after much deliberation, particularly with Zmby, my advisor and support as the original GM and the one who helped me out this together, that the main, group VoF has to come to a close. Scheduling problems, the nature of collaborations between so many people, and the general stress of factors outside of the RP beyond my control have come in conflict with the vastness that is VoF.

Much of this was, in a way, an experiment. Our first attempt to strike out on our own with this unique style of story-telling/role-playing combination without the support of XCOM's backbone. However, did it fail? Is that that feeling to take away from this?

No. Absolutely not. The stories we have written so far have been so much to both read and write. Many are so heartfelt, even inspiring. The bonds we have made will be a part of us forever.

And I need to repeat that this is the end of GROUP VoF story, not the end of VoF. Part of the issue we face is it has grown too massive to be contained in a single RP. Thus, we shall be expanding the conflict beyond Foseti and the Einherjar. The TFD and their pirate underlings will be attacking beyond this single planet, and will be free to expand your own stories however you wish.

I am currently compiling a few major Theaters of combat. Two primary systems, a tertiary one where Ramma will be writing a story, and Rulers of Shambhala. I am currently working out who will go where on my main doc, so feel free to come over there if you have any suggestions about where to allocate your characters (I have pretty much everyone down now, though I would like to speak with Frost and Dahl in particular). Once I have the full list I'll post it and start working towards the split in-story to conclude Vanguard of Forseti as a 'cohesive' RP.

Additionally, this will give me more time to write out XCOM2. With more time to plan, not running a full RP while planning it, the assurance that ZS53 will be more involved in running it, and the XCOM2 game to work off of (when it is released, of course;)), it'll have everything that made VoF great without the various bugs (except for the occasional Chryssalid, naturally).

On behalf of myself, ZombieSplitter53, MarineAvenger, and everyone who help build on VoF and make it so great, I thank you for your support now, your continued support in the future, and your understanding.

DarkGemini24601

Important Addeneum: If anyone wants to stop using a character this season, let me know. (For the most part our scientists are just gonna go to the Sol System and not be discussed further since they weren't doing much or I don't have time for them) If you do stop using a HUMAN character now, you are allowed to reuse them in XCOM2 if you want.

Frostlich1228

Hey Gemi, you're still in control of the Forseti sector right?

The Star?

I wanted to ask if there are any different rules on this ship than on the Einherjar.