X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahlexpert

That's true, I suppose. Just be wary that if too many people get suspicious of her, and believe she's a spy, even if they think she's a spy on behalf of a government agency, hell, even if they think she's a spy sent by the X-COM committee itself, they aren't going to be very open to her, and will avoid her.

Think of it this way; you're working at someplace, let's say a drug store like Walgreens, and you just found out that one of your coworkers is an industrial spy from CVS. It's only natural that you'd turn against them. However, if you found out he works for Walgreens Corporate for the purpose of reporting laziness on the job, stealing, and anything else that will cost the company money, you would likely react the same way. Even if you have nothing to hide, even if you are a model employee, the fact that you know that person is spying on you, watching you for slip-ups, is going to result in you avoiding them like the plague, regardless of whether or not the company approves of them being there.

Do you get what I'm saying? I'm just trying to say that just because you can come up with an excuse that fools people doesn't mean they won't give you the evil-eye whenever you enter the room, and trust me, it is really hard to be a spy when no one wants to talk to you. (like that Paris mission all over again)

I understand what your saying and I will have to be carful with my character, and the goal of my character is for her to be close to people were she will be friend them, and also stay professional were she will not get to close to her friends.

So I have to keep character to stay professional and friendly at the same time which will not get caught at the same time, which will be challenging but will be.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I understand what your saying and I will have to be carful with my character, and the goal of my character is for her to be close to people were she will be friend them, and also stay professional were she will not get to close to her friends.

So I have to keep character to stay professional and friendly at the same time which will not get caught at the same time, which will be challenging but will be.
Gotcha. I look forward to my character befriending yours, naively unaware that she is being deceived the whole time. In fact, considering my character's dual nature, I can imagine an interesting "she's my friend/she's not my friend/she's really nice/she's too nice" conflict in her.

So when do you guys think season five will be announced? I've noticed Odd hasn't checked the site in almost two months. I'm not sure if I should take that as a sign that he's lost interest, or that because it's been so long, the announcement will come any day now and be a big one (like a fault-line that hasn't had an earthquake in centuries).

Last edited:

Suryce

Game Master
I hope Season 5 will happen at some point, but I'm not having any expectation personally. My guess is that Odd got fed up with both the game and the RP. He said he could play the game forever, but nobody can really play the same game over and over forever, and he was playing three whole different saves before he stopped. As for the RP, I'm under the impression that Odd never expected it to become so big, and maybe didn't really want to get involved in it despite him trying.

So, since a few months, I have stopped working on Jacqueline, the scientist character I wanted to do, because there aren't any other XCOM RP that do scientists/engineers characters, as far as I know. Like for Rebecca, I had started to make a list of ideas about her. The main point is that she is a biologist and neuroscientist that would be very interested in anything related closely to the brains of the aliens, with some humor on the irony that she gets very nauseous when performing autopsies and such, or that she doesn't dare to touch even dead Chrysalids because of her arachnophobia. But other than that, I haven't developed her as much as Rebby, at least for now. One of the reason for that is also that I went so far in making Rebecca's personality that I wanted to take a break with something easier afterwards. So for example, I made Jacqueline a white French like me, meaning we have the same culture, I'm able to write the same languages that she speaks, etc... And in a general manner, she is meant to be a pretty light-hearted character (but Rebecca too was supposed to be light-hearted, so who knows).

I have uploaded the avatar I had cropped for Jacqueline, it's from the manga O/A (Operation Aurora). I have kept the Rebecca avatar and sign so far in case some people were still reading the journals.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I hope Season 5 will happen at some point, but I'm not having any expectation personally. My guess is that Odd got fed up with both the game and the RP. He said he could play the game forever, but nobody can really play the same game over and over forever, and he was playing three whole different saves before he stopped. As for the RP, I'm under the impression that Odd never expected it to become so big, and maybe didn't really want to get involved in it despite him trying.

So, since a few months, I have stopped working on Jacqueline, the scientist character I wanted to do, because there aren't any other XCOM RP that do scientists/engineers characters, as far as I know. Like for Rebecca, I had started to make a list of ideas about her. The main point is that she is a biologist and neuroscientist that would be very interested in anything related closely to the brains of the aliens, with some humor on the irony that she gets very nauseous when performing autopsies and such, or that she doesn't dare to touch even dead Chrysalids because of her arachnophobia. But other than that, I haven't developed her as much as Rebby, at least for now. One of the reason for that is also that I went so far in making Rebecca's personality that I wanted to take a break with something easier afterwards. So for example, I made Jacqueline a white French like me, meaning we have the same culture, I'm able to write the same languages that she speaks, etc... And in a general manner, she is meant to be a pretty light-hearted character (but Rebecca too was supposed to be light-hearted, so who knows).

I have uploaded the avatar I had cropped for Jacqueline, it's from the manga O/A (Operation Aurora). I have kept the Rebecca avatar and sign so far in case some people were still reading the journals.
He might take an extended break, but I don't think it's all over. After all, he does need views, and the RP is a good way to draw in a n audience. He obviously, at least up to the last season, wanted to keep a cohesive RP going since he made so many rules for it, and specifically said it was meant it let people follow along easier. I felt things went a little south because a lot of his restrictions on who could post logs and how many logs they could post a week turned off a lot of people. I personally know that the sacrifice of season three decided not to come back because of the new rules (same reason why I stopped play the Yu-Gi-OH TCG), and without the freedom to roll with stories, the logs for people involved went from a daily game to a weekly chore.

I liked the rules for season three, and I hope for season five, he goes back to not restricting post to people already assigned and one post a week, that way I can immerse myself in it. During season three, I looked forward everyday to checking my computer after work, like a favorite TV show, and I want to experience that again.

PrismaCube

I've gotta tell you, PrismaCube, I'm really curious to see how you write an Exalt member. I can imagine about a dozen different ways you can play her, and I can't wait to see which one you go with.

Oh! Well if you are curious then maybe I can give a small sneak peek, this is something I planned out months ago but never continue working on, I still need to talk with some people and wait till Season 5 to flesh it more out. But this is bascilly how I planned her. Careful the following text is really noobish and suckish xD Just a Draft of a Draft a ton could change to the character appearing in this short journal entry. :p

PrismaCube said:
A glass canister with orange liquid smashes against the wall.
"WHY!, WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? I'M MORE ADVANCED THAN THOSE FUCKING X-COM SOLDIERS."
Papers and clipboards fly across the room. The young women Eve who has been secretly cloned by Lüsett from her secret agent Eva enters the room.
"Mistress? My Mistress are you alright." she asked soflty
"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" Lüsett yelled in reply.
A tablet flies towards Eve's direction almost hitting her. Eve slides to the floor through shock and beginns to cry.
"I'm sorry my mistress, *sniff* it w-was not m-my intention to upset you..."
Lüsett tight grip around her work desk lossens and she releases what she has done. Quickly she turns around and rushes to eve's side.
"Oh, my dear, I'm sorry, it is not your fault honey. Mother is just really angry at some bad people. They are trying to hurt mother." Lüsett explains.
"But...But why my mistress?" Eve asked silently while Lüsett hugged her comforting.
"They can not see the true strenght we could achive through these aliens. They are against me. Now go back to your room and rest a little, mom still has a lot of work to do."
"Yes my mistress."
Lüsett get's back up and walk back towards the messy table.
"A.V.A.N.I.X." (Advanced Virtual and Artifical Nano Intellectual Xenounit.)
A robotic voice answeared.
"You called my mistress?"
"Yes, could you calculate the following data for me?"
"As you wish my mistress."
"Calculating."
"Calculation complete, result will now appear on screen 5."
Lüsett studies the screen for a couple of minutes. On the screen is a...edit
"Add another 28% dose of Element Tz6 (Meld)"
"My mistress, I must warn you that our test subject are not ready to sustain such amount of Element Tz6"
"JUST FUCKING...just do it...please."
"My mistress...as you wish, adding doese to subject 153, in colto tank 8."
"Subject 153 heart rating increasing."
"Subject 153 Eye movement is speeding up."
"..."
"My mistress..."
"Not now!"
"Yes! It's working, IT'S WORKING."
"My mistress, the subjec..."
"AVANIX please, do not ruin the moment."
"But my mistress."
"DO I NEED TO TURN YOU OFF?!"
"Apologize my mistress."
Just at that moment the cloned subject 153 exploeded in the colto tank leaving behind nothing but bloodied water.
Lüsett is standing infront of the colto tank with eye's wide open.
"N...n..no" she manages to say under her breath.
"My mistress, I tried to warn you."
"Jus-st clean out the tank and clone another subject in it. Tommorow we will see after subject 146 and 167."
"As you wish my mistress, do you need anything else?"
"Yes, one more thing, how long does the breading of the next clone take?"
"Ever since your last cloneing and testing the preformance of cloneing has increased by 47%."
"47% huh? That is 2 week's quicker than usaly, 3 months to clone and grow an adult human, that is still to long. Fuck."
A moment of silence follows.
"Avanix, one last thing, you will soon get your own body."
"Body? My mistress?"
"Yes, just imagine it like a walking shell for you, a computer you can transfer to and assist me perosnally in. Me and Cross have been working on something like this for year's now."
"My mistress...thank you."
"Yeah, you are welcome."
"Alright, let's send agent Eva an encripted message, I wish to have new reports by the end of next week. Then let's call it a day, I'm really tired."

This one is even older than the one above

PrismaCube said:
Video Capture #245
A young adult women is standing in a rather big lab, she has brunette hair tied back in a pony tail but still enough hair free to style it up, she is wearing a dark red formal blouse with some sort of symbol on the sight of her arm, High heels and black pants. Her eyes are yellow with reptile pupils. The room is covered in a ton of Huge see-through tubes filled with all kind of colored water. Some had what appears to be new-born floating in them other seemed to already be fully grown adults, both male and female. The young female was standing in front of one of those tanks writing down notes.
Although there was no one else in the room the female started to speak.
"Avanix, take note."
A robotic voice echoed through the room
"Taking not-te as you wi-wished my la-a-a-ady."
"Log Entry # 7392
Cloning test Subject # 5812
Current State: Dead

Subject was at the age of 2 months, arms and legs were the size of a teenager, yet the head was still child size, brain activities died in the last hour. Adding another dose of Material Gu7 should increase the growth of the head, but then again it would interfere with the rest of the body growth...the brain of the new cloned die after 2 months, that is a huge improvement to the once that died after only a week. Further testing will have to use more Ze3u3 Material to increase brain growth, a test is to be conducted in the future combining element 0T2 and element H2O. Note on the side, I'm not sure if I can even genetically enhance my clones if I ever get to that. Previous test Subject have not shown any weaknesses yet, I can only say that the Genetically enhancement should be working now, wounds should heal faster and eye movement increases significantly. Only downside is that some subject report sudden blackout now and again. One subject however seemed to have survived full testing without any downside. I tried applying the same notes as I did to her to other subjects only failure greeted me. Can it be that the DNA of each Human plays a role in genetically enhancement, I mean sure it does but does some DNA simply refuse to change? If so cloning a successful genetically enhance able clone would be a success in my books. Beginning with analyzing of Subject #8525 tomorrow. End Note."

---Recording Ends---

Avanix's Robotic voice echoes through the room again

"Note r-r-reco-r-r-ded and saved my la-a-a-ady. Do you wish anything else of me la-a-a-ady Exalt?"

The young female response

"Not at the moment Avanix, but remind me to check your voice system tomorrow your voice breaks are rather annoying to me.

Another young female enters the room.

"Excuse me miss..." she said kindly.

Basiclly part 2 is going to be somewhat at the beginning of X-COM and part 1 will be after her first battle with x-COM, atleast that is how I planned it.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Oh! Well if you are curious then maybe I can give a small sneak peek, this is something I planned out months ago but never continue working on, I still need to talk with some people and wait till Season five to flesh it more out. But this is bascilly how I planned her. Careful the following text is really noobish and suckish xD Just a Draft of a Draft a ton could change to the character appearing in this short journal entry. :p

This one is even older than the one above

Basiclly part 2 is going to be somewhat at the beginning of X-COM and part 1 will be after her first battle with x-COM, atleast that is how I planned it.
Marvelous, though a tad cruel for you to post, as it now makes me that much more impatient to see the rest. I've always been interested in stories told from multiple angles, and I've always said that the most interesting, and most dangerous, of villians are the ones that truely believe they are in the right, and the idea of clones peaks my interest.
The idea to give sneak peaks is an interesting one as well. Perhaps I will give it a try myself when I get off of work. Anything to keep people interested as we bide time.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Alrighty, here we go. you'll have to excuse me if I'm not up to par for the time being, it's been a while since I did this, and I might be a tad rusty. As anyone who has followed me in past seasons would know, I enjoy writing characters with interesting and unique character traits. As such, the season five entry will be a woman whom, despite her young age, is quite the accomplished scientist, an accomplishment she can attribute to a second personality that, instead of keeping her down, she has learned to live in sync with for the sake of the two seperate individuals being able to compensate for anything the other is laking in.

Up first is a sample of what will be one of my earliest posts:
Jessica glances at the folder in front of him. "The last guy made it sound like you guys knew a lot about me."
"Yes, yes." The suit reopens the folder and thumbs through it. "Graduated with honors with a triple major from UIC, fluent in seven languages, genius IQ, eidetic memory, etcetera, etcetera..."
"So what's the prob?" Jessica leans forward. "I'm never one to brag, but it sounds..."
"I wasn't finished," the suit interrupts, raising his voice slightly. "We don't know 'a lot' about you, we know everything."
Jessica gives him a questioning look. "Such as?"
"We know everything about your parents, every friend you've ever had, and every boy you ever slapped for touching you without permission."
The smile fades from Jessica's face. "S-so...so a girl can't save herself for...what, are you some kinda stalking perv?"
The man continues as though Jessica had said nothing. "We know the result of every test you've taken, and every class you ever skipped. We have all your medical records. We know all about that little voice upstairs, that those bracelets you always wear are more then a fashion statement, and that all I have to do to keep you in this room is to put a mirror in front of the door. As I said, Ms. Lockheart, we're thorough."
Jessica stares at the man blankly for several moments. She slowly crosses her arms. Trying to hide the shaking in her voice, she asks, "So you're afraid I don't have what it takes because of these...medical reasons, huh?"
The man nods his head. "This is a big project, one meant for the betterment of all mankind, and we need to be sure that you'll give it your all, never let us down, and even be willing to give your life. Can you..."
"Yes," Jessica says without hesitation.
...(Continued in season five)

And second is a small sample from a post for much later (anyone familiar with the game will know exactly when to expect it):
Alexia's consciousness awakens suddenly and jarringly, in a manner she's never experienced before. Worried, she calls out to Jessica, but for the first time in her life, she get's no answer, despite the sensation that they are moving. She pushes her consciousness to the surface, something that usually takes a great deal of willpower, but for some reason is relatively easy now.
As she thought, Jessica is up and moving. Alexia tries to take in her surroundings, but she is somewhere unfamiliar. She can only guess it is one of X-COM's main power rooms. As Jessica quickly makes her way through it, Alexia is shocked to see people fighting each other. As she tries to contact her sister again, Jessica suddenly mashes her elbow into a soldier's face, knocking him out. She reaches into his holster and pulls out a laser pistol before continuing on. She stops in front of the main generator, and in the slightly reflective glass before it, Alexia can see their glazed over eyes.
As Alexia desperately searches for Jessica, she realizes there is another voice in their mind. She calls out to it in anger.
<Sir, the subject is resisting somehow.><Impossible! No one can...><No, not the subject. Another one, another mind. It resists, but it is not as strong as the other. It will not be a problem.>
Jessica raises her arm and takes aim at the generator. Alexia tries with all of her being to exert her will, but can't gain control. Then, just as she is about to give up hope, she notices their reflection again.
<Jessica, look at the woman in the mirror! That's me, not you! All you are is a reflection, and you know it! The sooner you except it, the sooner I can get MY body, and you can fade away!>
Jessica stares intensely at her reflection, and a single tear rolls down her cheek.
<Sir! Some...wrong...can't keep...losing consciousness...>
After several seconds, Jessica closes her eyes and slumps to the floor, the gun clattering to her side. After a few moments, she opens her eyes again. She lets out a sigh of relief, and mutters to herself, "Sorry, Jessie. I'll make it up to you somehow."
"Don't move!" Yells a voice behind her, a pair of boot-steps approaching her.
Alexia slowly raises her hands, and glances back at the two soldiers behind her. "Calm down, boys. I'm cool."
"Right, and I'm sure you weren't just pointing that gun at the generator!"
"Y-yeah, that's fair, but I'm cool now."
"How do we know you aren't playing human?" The second soldier asks.
"Get your head out of your ass!" Alexia yells. "If I was being controlled, would I care about this body, or would I just grab the gun, shoot the generator, and let you kill me?"
The two soldiers exchange a look. The first one shrugs, and they lower their rifles. The second walks up to Alexia and picks up the laser pistol. As Alexia climbs to her feet, he hands her the weapon and asks, "How did you break their control?"
Alexia shrugs. "I guess they underestimated my willpower, or something like that."
"Come on," The first soldier says. "This area is secure."
The trio quickly exit the power room. As they pass several soldiers guarding what appear to Alexia to be they're follow soldiers, a small explosion shakes the base. "What the Hell is happening here?!"
"Communications down throughout the base," the first soldier answers. "As best we can tell, the aliens found a way to mass-mind control dozens of staff members so they can sabotage the base and then assault us enmasse."
"So, um..." Alexia looks around in confusion, "What should I do? I'm honestly not very useful outside of the labs.
"This way," The second soldier says, and the three walk through a pair of large doors. "We'll cut through the Forward Access Tunnel and drop you off at the labs. Just try to keep your....."
The sound of a plasma rifle echoes through the room. As the second soldier flops to the gound, Alexia slowly reaches up, tracing her face and staring at the blood on he fingers in horror.....(continued in season five)

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Alrighty, here we go. you'll have to excuse me if I'm not up to par for the time being, it's been a while since I did this, and I might be a tad rusty. As anyone who has followed me in past seasons would know, I enjoy writing characters with interesting and unique character traits. As such, the season five entry will be a woman whom, despite her young age, is quite the accomplished scientist, an accomplishment she can attribute to a second personality that, instead of keeping her down, she has learned to live in sync with for the sake of the two seperate individuals being able to compensate for anything the other is laking in.

And second is a small sample from a post for much later (anyone familiar with the game will know exactly when to expect it):

Well your not that rusty,because this is still good.

Frostlich1228

LOVE IT <3

Adrammalech

My character will be different from my last one. It's a woman who disappeared in her teens and re-emerged as an adult, where the gap is left as a mystery to public record. Over the course of the season, she will vividly recall the main events between her disappearance, through her resurfacing and to her recruitment to X-COM; the main contrast coming between the curious and playful teenager that she is recalling and the more hardened recluse she is in the present. Each flashback is separated into a "keyword" (Curiosity, Mischief, Wrath, Glory, etc.) which describes her feelings at that point. I'll share my draft for Glory, a late entry detailing a wound she received in service. This is out of the "story arc" of the disappearance and actually in the public profile, so it's more like a standalone tale than the other memories. It's a bit more dramatic and fragmented than others as well.

(Right, the border attack. That one is going to be...difficult...to remember. But really, it's just a part of my life as anything else. It's just a part of my life that happened to lodge in my shoulder at 1,500 miles per hour. Just don't be surprised if I'm struggling, yeah?)

GLORY //

Smoke, fire, metal strewn between. Reminds me of the ship. Luckily the trucks didn't stray too far from each other.

"They're suppressing," a familiar voice screams. "Eyes on the trees!"

One head popped up behind the branches and was quickly reduced to mist. Another body appeared and I sprayed it down. No time to think of them as anything but. Two more fall to my men before the bastards can even set their weapons.

Impromptu suppressive fire has one major problem: with no one organizing firing pace, reloading overlaps. Listening for a window is like listening for popcorn. The popping is fast at first, then it starts to slow. That's when you pull it out and crack it open.

"Fire, now!" I shout hoarsely, "thin them out!"

My men unleash hell on the ambushers, seven guns poking from windows and car frames, satisfying crimson sprays coming out of at least four of them. Did I get one? Maybe two?

"Please, help me!" a man screams, crawling out of a burning truck frame. Metal rods and sheets of plastic on his legs as he tries to pat out fires around him.

I look forward at the ambushers, hiding behind a stone block as bullets perforate it.

"I'm going for them!"

"Fischer!" I hear panicked yells after me. "Keep firing! Tear through that barrier!"

I grip the burning metal, the searing heat worming it's way into my gloves. I lift hard, watching the ambushers hide from my squad's barrage. They don't dare raise a hand into the lead typhoon as it chips away at the concrete.

"Help, help!" a woman cries from underneath.

I clench the bars harder, barely even feeling the heat absorb to my hands even faster. My muscles bulge, my teeth clench, my eyes shut with the curling flames burnt into my eyelids. The frame gives up a centimeter, then an inch, then a foot. A growl cuts through my teeth, and I scream as I feel it swing into the air overhead.

"Thank god! Thank you!"

The woman and two men scurry quickly from underneath, clutching burns and cuts. I begin to feel the lining of my gloves burning into my hands, my adrenaline running out as I watch the last leg pull free of the wreck, my squadmates reaching out to pull them into cover. The suppression worked...but the guns...it's like popcorn.

Bullets tear through the air towards my ears. Then, pain...it hurt...it does hurt. My arms give out and I feel my body cascading onto the floor. My eyes blur and light grows stronger. I barely hear the steel crashing beside me. My fingers dig around the hole in my shoulder desperately...but I can't feel it anymore...I can't feel anything.

I have 6 or 7 of these done already, so I'd be kind of disappointed if season 5 didn't happen, but not intensely surprised either. Keep the faith?

Taxor_the_First

But I came up with Eva...
"Eva"? I see what you did there. I approve.

So when do you guys think season five will be announced? I've noticed Odd hasn't checked the site in almost two months. I'm not sure if I should take that as a sign that he's lost interest...
Initially I was thinking that he'd do it at about the same time as ME3. But then Watchdogs happened.
I don't think he's lost interest. But a break is warranted. I remain hopeful that I'll see the announcement vid any day.

During season three, I looked forward everyday to checking my computer after work, like a favorite TV show, and I want to experience that again.
Even though I was still catching up at that point and basically marathoning it, I know how you feel.
Ironically though, I feel like Season 2 had the most potential. That Thin Man skulking around? That was an awesome touch, I thought. I don't know who came up with that, but they were a genius.

Oh! Well if you are curious then maybe I can give a small sneak peek....
Well now. This will be interesting. The character I'm doing (more detail later) knows a certain individual who may have some interesting potential interactions with Lusette (don't know how to use accents).

Alrighty, here we go...
Alexia and Jessica? Nice touch. I like it.
And the actual stuff too. This is you "rusty"? I may as well give up now and bow down to the superior being.

Keep the faith?
Always.
I like that structure, too. Kinda reminds me of the 7 sins. As a Binding of Isaac fan, that sort of thing is always appreciated.

How about our character's from X-COM? Anyone wanna talk about our season five characters then?
What are you thinking in terms of development terms?
How far ahead do you think when making them?
Do you just make a basic character, and make it up as you go along, or do you make specific character traits.?
Do you just roll with the punches as the story comes along, and do you think ahead to specific events in the game, like the alien base assault or specific alien discoveries?
Do you like keeping you character simple, or do you like them complex?
Hoo boy. In order:
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Not very.

I like to create a character and define their personality, then basically sit back and watch the scenario around them and have them react accordingly. I really think of it as an experiment. What happens if I have (to use Suryce's character) an arachnophobic scientist who is then forced to dissect a Chryysalid (is it two y's or two s's? I dunno, it's two somethings). That kind of thing.

Both.

Simple. Complexity, if it comes about at all, is for my characters half an accident.

In the spirit of teasers, I may as well write one myself.
... tomorrow. I have an abundance of time then, but not now. Besides, need to pick what to reveal and what to keep hidden. Until then, however, know that my planned character has a connection to my first character, Isaac. In fact, I've already said who it is on this site.
Given the whole hush-hush I'm going with right now, that was probably a poor move.

Uh.
Ignore that last bit. Nothing to see here. :oops:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
My character will be different from my last one. It's a woman who disappeared in her teens and re-emerged as an adult, where the gap is left as a mystery to public record. Over the course of the season, she will vividly recall the main events between her disappearance, through her resurfacing and to her recruitment to X-COM; the main contrast coming between the curious and playful teenager that she is recalling and the more hardened recluse she is in the present. Each flashback is separated into a "keyword" (Curiosity, Mischief, Wrath, Glory, etc.) which describes her feelings at that point. I'll share my draft for Glory, a late entry detailing a wound she received in service. This is out of the "story arc" of the disappearance and actually in the public profile, so it's more like a standalone tale than the other memories. It's a bit more dramatic and fragmented than others as well.

I have 6 or 7 of these done already, so I'd be kind of disappointed if season 5 didn't happen, but not intensely surprised either. Keep the faith?
Very impressive. I love your writing style, very action packed with a great way of describing the setting. I really look forward to reading more.
Even though I was still catching up at that point and basically marathoning it, I know how you feel.
Ironically though, I feel like Season 2 had the most potential. That Thin Man skulking around? That was an awesome touch, I thought. I don't know who came up with that, but they were a genius.
The idea of X-COM letting press onto the base being a hazardous breach of security was an idea floating around since the beginning of season 2. My memory might be off (and I'd hate to steal someone else's idea), but I think the Thin Man was my idea, since I figured that they were meant to be infiltrators, so why not have them infiltrate. Of course, it was Frostlich1228 that really took it forward when the Thin Man went after Anna.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Something I've always enjoyed in these RPs are the secret projects and hidden pasts of my fellow writers. Lüsett's cloning and Adrammalech's character's hidden past really perk my curiosity. It reminds me of the mysteries revolving around Anna's cousin and Persephone's sister in season three.
I have one of my own for Jessica, but I'm still struggling on a name, and maybe someone can give me some advice. It involves memories, with Jessica's codename being Melpomene, the Greek Muse of Tragedy. Simply calling it Project: Mnemosyne seems boring, so I was initially going to call it the Daughters of Mnemosyne Project, but then I remembered the six episode anime series RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne~, and considering the extremely mature nature of that series (it was basically the equivalent of a late night HBO mini-series, though oddly enough, it was licensed by Funimation in America), I'm afraid if I used that name, someone would accuse Jessica of being involved in some soft-core skin-flick (though now that I think of it, that might be funny).

Dahlexpert

Well seeing a few people talk about there character, I might as well talk about my character. As most of you no my character is a spy that works for prismacubs character, and now my character joined the military at the age of 16,and I had to research the Swiss army for when people can join the military and they can join the army at 16.

So a small sample before x-com

AVANIX how is test subject 57 doing.
A robot voice the subject seems to be taking the Ze3u3 drug very well, actually a little to well.
What do you mean.
well the drug seems to mutate her heart lung and brain, and it seems that her white blood cells seems to be more advance then all the other subjects.

Wait so this subject is a success, she is the first one to actually accept the drug into her blood.
Yes mam congratulation my mistress it seems that the ze3u3 drug actually works.
YES AVANIX activate the subject I want to talk to her.
Very well my mistress, activating subject 57
A pod opens and subject 57 falls to it's knees and tubs comes out of her back.

Were am I
Hello my name is Lüsett Exalt and your name is Maya right.
How do you no my name
Well do you remember what happen to you.
I remember being in Afghanistan and I was guarding this bank, and now I'm hear maybe you can fill in the blanks.
Well, while you were guarding the bank a suicide bomber ran in to the bank and well the explosion burned 90% of your body, and the explosion since you were so close the force was enough to stop your heart.
So how am I alive.
Well I took your body and injected it with my drug ze3u3, and it shocking ley repaired your body with some mutation.

Mutation? Maya looks in to the pod and sees her reflection, and sees that her hair eyes are blue, great blue hair that's just perfect, Maya looks down at her nails and sees that they are also blue Ou that's just fucking perfect.

Well see this as a second chance at life.
Sigh right well since the world thinks I'd dead what will I do now.
Well Why not work for me I do have jobs that should fit some on of your skills.

Well since I'm in you dept. I guess ill serve you.
Great now we just need a name for you.

How about Eva

Eva huh well it's your name. so with that Welcome to Exalt Eva.

To continue is season 5.

Last edited:

Zain Shah

I plan on making my character quite dark. I am intending for him to be a scientist with little moral and ethical standards so expect him ripping apart live sectoids...for science of course. He is as ruthless to humans as he is to aliens by displaying immediate hostility whenever he encounters someone.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I plan on making my character quite dark. I am intending for him to be a scientist with little moral and ethical standards so expect him ripping apart live sectoids...for science of course. He is as ruthless to humans as he is to aliens by displaying immediate hostility whenever he encounters someone.
I shall now vivisect this screaming alien...for science!
Let's find out if live sectoids are as weak to boiling acid as humans.....for science!
YOU! The weird girl who keeps talking to herself! Give me your pudding cup.....uh.....FOR SCIENCE!!!
url

Taxor_the_First

TEASER INCOMING
This was a rare moment of downtime for "Smith", not that he ever really took advantage of it. There was work to be done, after all. It was unknown if the aliens understood the concept of "downtime", but Smith was not willing to give them the advantage if they didn't. That was why he was still seated at his desk when his phone/pager began beeping.
He frowned. Apparently one of Bradford's lackeys required his attention. He accepted the call. "Yes?"
"Got a call for you, sir." the other said. "I didn't get a name."
"So why are you telling me?"
"They said you'd want to talk."
Smith sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Fine. Put them through."
There was a confirmation from the other, and a click. Silence. Then another click. Then a voice, heavily disguised. "Smith. Did you not expect me so soon?"
Smith sat bolt upright. No, he hadn't. "Overseer."
"You know my name. Excellent. We can skip the introductions then."
"Uh..." Smith was off balance. The Overseer hadn't been expected to call for another week.
He could also apparently read minds. "You underestimate my network, Smith. And her importance to me."
Smith composed himself, a skill he had mastered a long time ago. "So this is about - "
"Yes."
"What do you want me to do? 'Release her'?"
"If she were being held against her will, then yes. But she isn't. She accepted your offer, even if her reasons were... misguided."
"Misguided?"
"She sees X-COM as a way to leave the shadow she perceives herself to have lived under her whole life."
So he knew about X-COM. "How do you know - "
There was a synthesized chuckle. "What did I say? You underestimate my network."
"Our systems are heavily secured. There's no way you could have hacked them."
"Hacking was unnecessary. I was... given access."
Smith noted the distinction. It meant the Overseer had someone within the project. [Not Eva. This is before EXALT is revealed in game.] "What do you want? Information? Or do you have an offer?"
"Any information you could give me I already have. I am here to make you an offer. Your Hologlobe runs on intel from around the world, correct?"
"Yes. Why?"
"You happen to have someone working for you that I have a vested interest in protecting. And you need help keeping the Hologlobe up-to-date to effectively counter the aliens. I, meanwhile, happen to have the best information network in the world at my fingertips, not to be immodest. Very convenient, don't you agree?"
"So we protect her, and you help us out."
"No. You protect her without her knowledge, and I help you out."
"Why? What's she to you?"
Silence. "... a favour."
"And that's it? That's the reason you're helping us?"
"I must confess, I do have an ulterior motive."
"Which is?"
"Survival." There was a click, and the call disconnected. Smith looked at the device for a moment, then dialed Mission Control, issuing a memo to ensure that security across the system was still intact, that all data was checked for viruses. The Overseer might be the best procurer, disperser and withholder of information, but he was also the best procurer, disperser and witholder of misinformation. Nothing he said could be taken at face value.
Gift horse, or Trojan Horse? That was the question. Light, or dark? Good, or bad?
Smith looked at a coin on his desk. He picked it up and flipped it.
Heads, or tails?

Smith was actually originally Isaac's recruiter (you know, "Smith and Anderson", Matrix reference, similar appearance to a Thin Man, hue hue hue I'm a comic genius etc etc). Kinda awkward when someone else had him as a recruiter as well.
As for the Overseer, if you want a better idea of who "he" is (no one knows the identity and therefore gender, but given the masculine sound of the voice changer he's usually referred to using male pronouns), think a cross of Payday's Bain and Mass Effect's Illusive Man and Shadow Broker (the "somewhat fishy" one).
Basically, background info.

Also, I kinda just knocked this out. Not refined in any way. Not happy with the density of dialogue vs non-dialogue. Just sayin'. Please don't kill me.

Frostlich1228

I believe That Zombie had Hinted at it early in the RP, and then the Rest of us Expanded on it as the Story went on.
And yeah... I do think season 2 had alto of potential :/

PrismaCube

I gotta say, reading all these makes me excited for Season 5 as well. The only thing that would be more awesome is if it would be Long War.

Status
Not open for further replies.