Vexx

Name:Vex Valerisk
Current Rank: Reserves
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion? : N/A
Journal Entry: Mostly everyone in the X-COM Task Force has been asked to write these journals, so here goes. I was recruited about a month ago and have been waiting to be called in since the end of training, really. Not a peep so far, but I'm waiting. Me and a few other reserves normally just sit around and drink, sometimes we have a hand of rummy but rarely. (OOC - trying so hard not to PG right here)I normally just sit and watch some of the Trainees at the shooting range. I was told about that one Unit, Grelite. He appearently went down with an alien ship or something, details details, right? I was pretty interested, so I did some research. Turns out he was some Marksman Colonial, worked with another Marksman called Loco, both pretty legendary...

I looked more into this guy, Grelite, right? He appearently inherited this thing called Telepathy, yeah? The Lab Coats researched it, and called it Psyonic Messaging or something. I don't know, but the Col. was called to the Gollop Chamber... Shared a connection with some special ancient aliens. Sounds pretty amazing, perhaps next one to go in the Gollop Chamber, if the need arises, might be a Marksman, hopefully. If I don't get killed first...

Sir Aroun

Black Box Log:

Someone accessed my main hard drive in the old labs, I think it was a recruit named Presariov. I don't like those labs thats why I always route my self to the upper labs and why I what a body so bad (that I what, no need to fight the enemies of humanity). All my information on the old labs including my own development has be deleted from my memory. All I know is that I was developed for XCOM by Dr. Weir (who ever he is), something about the F.B.I. , and 1963. Also I don't think I'm alone down there.

O also I rigged this message to go off if he comes back:

Dear, Presariov Astaeri
Hi I'm Spear of Athena, I was Made by Dr. Weir in 1963 to fight the alien threat.
I want to be you friend and comrade.
use this code to talk to me from you personal console upstairs (BXA24677643242SA3)

P.S. Commander Odd still has not gotten back to me about my XCOM Recruit Form.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
(OOC: I've been thinking that my character should try to contact one of you directly. An Ideas of how, when, or whom?)

OOC: Well, you could contact Ayame if you want. Just be cautious: she had a keen sense of the life energy of those around her. Since your character is an artificial being, Ayame would sense nothing from it, and that would really put her on edge. She's not ignorant of robotics, or dealing with non-human entities for that matter, she just would be incredibly suspicious of an intelligent being she can't read. Might make for a humorous misunderstanding.

pete60750

Name: Mort Agbas
Current Rank: n/a
Mission Name: n/a
Mission Objective: n/a
Kills This Mission: n/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM: n/a
---BEGIN AUDIO LOG---
So I saw this guy, Witkowski I thought his name was. Strange fellow, wearing a mask all the time. Wonder if he's got scars and doesn't want his face to be shown? He had a rocket launcher though, so I wasn't about to ask. Anyway, I saw him sitting there, shuffling a pack of cards, again and again and again. Wondered if he wanted to play, so I went over and sat down. Half way through the first game, I suddenly had a huge burst of emotion, and suddenly remembered something. I sprinted away, looking like I'd forgotten something important, and cried. Francine always used to beat me at cards. Never remembered that until today ... no, Mort. Not now. Forget about Francine. Forget.
---END AUDIO LOG---

Lethbridge_Gin

Name:Trevor Conan
Journal Entry: March 16 2015
Well soon commander Odd will say who goes and who stays to fight a different day. I will go if i have to and fight and may die but if it's that time for me i might fight like a true warrior and let the battle be joined and might bring some of those aliens with me if i get the chance might as well suit up "I am a true warrior let the battle be joined".

Lethbridge_Gin

Name:Trevor Conan
History File #1

It started about 10 years ago he started in Swat bearing with the shotgun been taking down some local drugs cartel for 3 years in Vancouver B.C with Shotgun he can be a powerhouse all he has to do is to get close. things went well for 3 years until......

Continued in File #2........

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 10 :

Well I am still in the infirmary, the doctors want to keep me here for one more day so I don't have another "panic attack".
I asked them if I could at least go upstairs and get my carving kit, but of course, they said no...
So I am stuck in med bay staring at the ceiling, and I heard that there is an A.I. on base now! I have always wanted to talk to a real A.I. but never could because my commander would always keep our Russian A.I. locked away and would only let it out if he got sick and needed someone to fill in for him.
Oh, I also heard that some people think I have experience in combat, but no, I only worked in the manufacturing of weapons, ammo, armor, ETC, so I have never been in a real gunfight before.

Ayame came in to check on me, she looked so looked so Worried, as soon as she saw me awake she ran up to me and gave me a big hug!
The first thing she asked me was "Are you okay?", of course I said yes, but then I said that we need to talk about something very important.

So we had a conversation that started with how I came to be knocked out on the floor, I told her that a Strange, Tall man with Suit and Sunglasses came up behind me, softly put his hand on the back of my neck, and when he took his hand off, I fell to the floor and couldn't move.
She told me that she saw the SAME man, when she said that my eyes widened, I knew I wasn't just imagining all that! I told her that was not a normal reporter, I told her that it HAD to be either an Alien or at least someone working WITH the aliens, I told her that whatever he was doing to me took about a minute or so to finish, that had to be why he targeted me, because I was alone in my room with my back turned to him.
If he is still around here you can't just go up to him and kill him, you need to find somebody that can make sure that he can't come back when he leaves...
Someone that can get around Commander Odd, because if you told him all this I doubt he would believe you.

And after I said that the doctor came around the corner and told Ayame that her time was up and that she had to leave, I swear they had to drag her out by her arms.
Damn doctors, can't they just let me have a conversation with my friend?

And then this rookie I hadn't seen before comes into my room and says that he wants to talk to me, said his name was Foulke?
I think that's right.
I introduced myself and told him that you can just call me Anna, he was a nice guy, we had a talk about our pasts, and I told him that if you see a Tall man with a suit and Sunglasses to keep your eyes on him until he leaves and that you shouldn't just ignore him.
When I said that he told me that he had seen that man too.

And then the Doctors kicked him out too, telling him that I needed to stay as Calm as possible so I would get better and that you will be able to talk to me more when I can go back up to my room tomorrow.

So they better let me out of here tomorrow, if they don't, I am going to be seriously pissed.

*End of Recording*

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

As I walked around the base after training today, waiting for a chance to visit Anna in the infirmary (though not before Ayame, because she'd probably kick my ass if I saw Anna first), I wondered what I could talk to her about to cheer her up. Her combat experience? No, too formal. Her carvings? Too personal. My sister Jessica? No, I shouldn't bother sick people with my sibling problems. Maybe that strange encounter I had with that tall guy? Nah, why would she want to hear about that.

Anyway, I noticed Aribeth pacing anxiously outside of Commander Odd's office. I heard the Commander was asking the recruits to show personal interest in order to be assigned to the next mission, and I assumed that was why Aribeth was there. I saw that she was obviously unsure about joining them, and I hoped to use this opportunity to convince her to sit it out. After all, I didn't want her to get hurt again, or worse.

But as I reached her, and she looked at me as though looking for an answer, I realized it wasn't my place to tell her not to go. I remembered what Tyler had told me about looking at the bigger picture in this war. She's a soldier, and a far more competent one then I. My personal concerns for her safety have little to do with the job she's responsible for. To tell her not to go would only put doubt in her mind, and what kind of friend would I be if I tried to manipulate her like that.

So, pushing aside my own selfish desires, I grasped her by the shoulders, looked her in the eyes, and told her "Aribeth, whatever you decide to do, just know that I, along with all your companions and friends here at XCOM, will support you 100%. If you choose to stay behind, that's okay, and if you decide to go, we'll all be rooting for you, expecting to kick major alien ass." She smiled, hopefully because I helped and not just to humor me, and I quickly let her go before she got the wrong idea about my intentions. I then told her that, if she wanted to volunteer, I would gladly join her in Commander Odd's office to tell him what a mistake it would be not to take her, but she said no, thanking me for the offer but saying it was something she had to do on her own.

I left her there, and I'm still not sure if she went in or not. I guess I'll find out the next time the alarm goes off. I only hope that my decision to support her doesn't send her to her death. Sometimes I wonder if it is wise to get close to anyone here, but I've decided that the fear of losing someone shouldn't stop me from connecting with them. I know there are those on base that push others away to avoid that pain, or to spare the other person that pain, but I can't do that. Would I be better off if I lost the memories of my Mother and Brothers so I wouldn't be sad that they are gone? Absolutely not! Even if Aribeth dies, or Tyler, or Anna, or Ayame, and it devastates me for days, years, or the rest of my life, the bond I've built with them, and continue to build with them everyday, is worth any amount of hardship.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

[Personal Recording Device]

I finally got a chance to see Anna a little while ago. I don't think the doctors wanted me to see her yet, but I used my powers of persuasion to get in, and by powers of persuasion, I mean I threatened to break their thumbs if they refused. Not very lady like, maybe, but it works.

I was so relieved to see she was okay, I wrapped my arms around her and didn't let go for several minutes. She told me about the tall man, and I was almost overcome with anger. Luckily, she must have seen the blood-lust in my eyes, because she warned me about just going after him. She said that, even if he was an alien or working with the aliens, he still looks human, and it would look bad if I just walked up to him and SLIT HIS FUCKING THROAT LIKE I....ahem, and she said it would be better if we made sure he didn't come back the next time he leaves. But how? I'd like to go through the Commander, but if they're still saying Anna had a panic attack, they must not have found any traces of poison in her blood. How do we prove it wasn't a panic attack, and that we're all in danger as long as he's allowed to walk freely around base?

Well, I didn't get a chance to talk about this with Anna, because they came to kick me out soon after I get there. They could keep me out of the room, but they couldn't keep me from staking out the infirmary. I know I might be worrying over nothing, but they said they're keeping her for another day, and I'm not taking the chance that guy shows up to finish the job. I don't care if they try to lock me up, if he tries to hurt her again, I'll make him suffer.

Foulke showed up to see Anna for some reason. I'm not sure what they talked about, but he had a worried look on his face as he left. Could he have seen the tall man too?

Joseph stopped by, but they wouldn't let him in because Anna was resting, so he stayed for a while to keep me company. We just exchanged small talk with each other. He told me a little about his sister, and how he learned origami for her when she was sick, and I told him about my interest in American love songs, classic literature, and delicacies from around the world.

Then, for some reason I can't explain, I told him that I was afraid Anna was pushing me away. I said I was afraid that, because she isn't gay, she was uncomfortable with my attraction to her, or at the very least didn't want to hurt my feelings, even though I know she won't return my affection and I don't mind. Joseph smiled, and said I wasn't giving Anna enough credit. He said that the more likely reason was that she was afraid that, if I got too attached to her, I'd be that much more hurt if she was killed in combat. He then told me that he thought the same thing at first, but decided that the pain of loss is worth it if we cherish the time we have together.

And so, I sit here, thinking about what he said, and I think he's right. I know Anna will never have the same feelings for me that I have for her, but as long as I have her friendship, that is the only affection I need from her. And even if she dies on the battlefield, as devastated as I'll be when that happens, as long as I can hold on to the good memories of her, I'll make it through. Its what I do when I think about my Elizabeth, how we loved each other, before.....(Short sob, deep breathing) I'll be there for you, Anna, no matter what. I won't abandon you like the people who have abandoned me, and like someone likely abandoned you at some point.

♪ Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that I cry.
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall. ♪

.....(sigh).
*END RECORDING*

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Kills This Mission: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Left my last log on a bit of a cliffhanger, in hindsight. However, despite my bold words, I did not actually have words with the Commander. Went to boot up the X-COM email I was given to send the Commander a strongly worded letter, but got distracted by the backlog of messages. AIs, warnings about said AIs, Nigerian princes offering funds if you open your bank account, the usual stuff. Still wonder how those spam e-mails get here, I mean, we aren’t even connected to the Internet. Trust me, I tried to get on there. Got hit with more firewalls than a UMvC3 game against Dark Phoenix, Dormammu, and Ghost Rider.

Anywho, after I got distracted, waves of tiredness hit me, dozed off. Next day, woke up, decided to make good on at least some of my other words, and visited Stone, or as she insists, Anna. Saw Ayame leaving the med-bay, suppose she had been seeing her. Didn’t strike up a conversation, she didn’t look to be in a talking mood. Went into the medbay, introduced myself to Anna, and we had ourselves a little chat about our pasts. I briefly mentioned the....Incident, then quickly turned the subject to something else. She mentioned those suits and how one needs to observe them carefully, to which I reacted with a bit of shock. I mentioned I had seen him a couple times. She looked like she was going to say something, but then the Docs kicked me out for ‘stressing the patient’. Guy looked like he wanted to chain suplex me into the ICU. I made my exit, then went off to the firing range for the first time since I’ve gotten here. Probably should go more often.

On that subject, I was lucky whoever came before left human targets up, rather than the ...Sectoid ones. Don’t want to be hauled to the infirmary myself for a panic attack. Not much else happened today, to be honest.

And with that, Foulke, out.

Cheesypower

OOC
OOC
Name: The Farmer

"If you take a dog and call it's tail a leg, how many legs does the dog have? Four. Calling it a leg doesn't make it a leg." - what if the dog was an amputee, or some weird five-legged mutant? Just saying.

Then you'd be 1) missing the point of the quote (that calling the tail a leg doesn't make it a leg) and 2) an idiot for using an anomaly for a generalization.
Just saying.

ZombieSlayer85

Medical Log of Chief Psychiatric Officer James Parker, PHD
March 12th, 2015, 7:45 pm

The morale of the soldiers received a much needed boost after the last mission's impressive success. We must remember, however, that this kind of easy success will likely become the exception that proves the rule in terms of the difficulty we should expect. It did, however, help reduce the number of patients I've had lately.

As expected, our omniscient Chief Medical Officer objected to my request for more on-call therapist. Luckily, he caved with only a little pressure. I'd like to think he has become more reasonable, but more likely he is just picking his battles.

An important note to make is the general uneasiness some of the soldiers have reported in the last week, correlating with the arrival of the reporting crews. I had given my support to this decision, believing that it would be good for the troops, being a means to remind them of the outside world. Now, I'm not so sure. Many of the aforementioned soldiers reported seeing shadows in the corner of their eyes, as though someone was watching them. Whether this is true or just paranoia, it still makes me regret supporting the reporters being here.

The worst case so far is in regards to a trainee, Anna Stone. She was brought to the infirmary after collapsing in her room. I was called in to talk to her after it was declared that she had a panic attack. She was indeed shaken up, but showed doubts about her diagnosis. She said that her last memory before passing out involved an unusually tall and skinny man wearing a suit and sunglasses placing his hand on her neck, after which she was unable to move. I assured her that she was in good hands, and if she really was attacked, we'd get to the bottom of it.

She was still weak, and the toxicology report came back negative for any poisons or toxins, so it is entirely possible the "tall man" was just a figment of her imagination brought on by a panic attack. However, it would be irresponsible not to take a possible breach of security serious. I will be sure to investigate this matter by asking my future patients if they've had a similar experience with the same individual, and forward all findings directly to Commander Odd.

One final note; I had an encounter with a young recruit after my time with Stone. I believe her name was Kasagi. She seemed very distressed when she saw me leave Stone's room, and elated when she entered the room herself. I have discovered that her medical records are, in a word, lacking. After asking around, there is little knowledge of her background. I have discovered only three conclusive facts about her; first, she is generally pleasant to be around, but has a short, violent temper; second, she is infatuated with Ms. Stone, and any threat towards Stone contributes to Kasagi's temper; and finally, she has a Napoleon Complex, not only in regards to her stature but to her age as well, which again contributes to her temper. I have already sent her a request for a session, at her own discretion, of course. Perhaps we can discuss some meditative practices to help quell her angry outbursts.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Kills This Mission: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen, 2359 Local Time--

Tired, can’t sleep. Never thought’d I say this, but I don’t want to sleep right now. It’s finally hit me. He’s dead. Maybe not now, but he might as well be. Nobody has ever escaped abduction. They are probably cutting him up now, right as I verdammt speak. The last of my family, taken, experimented on, and disposed like so much garbage. Dammit....

Several minutes of silence follow.

Why’d it have to be him? Shoulda been me. I should have stayed at the Incident site, been captured, and they would have cut me up, while Al with all his righteous fury and whatnot would have joined X-COM to avenge me and actually been useful for the cause. Instead, they got me, and my neuroses and cowardice. Can’t even look at an X-ray without breaking down into hysterics. Man, I really should set up an appointment with our local Freud. Doubt he’ll help, but as Dad always said, something is always better than nothing.

Gah, here I am, wallowing in my damn pity like the useless fool I am. Sickening. You know what? Screw getting professional help. I’ll take care of this myself. I am going to go down to the research lab, go in there where they keep the bodies, and sleep in there with those damn Sectoids.

...Probably not the best idea, but I’m doing it. Here goes, I’ll hopefully be in a state of mind to log tomorrow.

Foulke, out.

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Non-combat log 11:

Log type: Audio

All right. I'm doing it. Well in a way. I'm going to tell the C.O that do not want to partake in the next mission. Times almost up, and I'd hate to know what those triad people would do with whatever their "device" is.

Here we go!

To: COdd@XCOMHQ.NET

Hello Commander.

After much humming and hahing about the next mission, I have now requested that I do not partake in this one. By the time the mission will be launched, I will just barely have hit my peak mental and physical capacity. I'm still slightly shaken by some of the events occurring around me, as well as the ill-fated shot to the chest a week ago.

Hope you consider this.

Aribeth Dusk

There we go. I hope that works.

I'll log more tomorrow.

As always, Aribeth out!

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 11 :

I am finally able to go back to my room after 3 days in the med-bay, on my way out the doctor stopped me and told me that the next time I see Ayame to tell her that he wants her to pay him a visit, he then directed me to a desk that had all of the things that I had on me when I passed out on it.
Why does he want to see Ayame?
I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the Tall Man.

I walked up to the desk and grabbed all of my things (my carving knife, one of my figurines, and a small tube of wood paint)
However I noticed that my Hair Tie (Its a very thin wire that I use to tie my hair back)
was not on the table which pisses me off a bit because now I can't tie my hair back in my usual Pony Tail so now I will have to wear my hair long until I can get another one (As I had only brought on with me when I left).
When I wear my hair long I usually brush it in such a way that it all flows down my back and stops a little bit higher than the middle of my back.
I used to wear my hair like this when I was a teenager, unlike most of the girls in my school I did not like to wear my hair in braids, I always thought that braids were annoying (Don't Remember why though).
I started wearing a Pony Tail when I join the military because my work area was about a foot or so away from a Wood Grinder, but it looked more like a Whirling Death Machine, I was always afraid of my hair getting caught in it and me getting pulled in and ground up, my hair would also get blown in my face a lot whenever the fans would turn on, so I decided to tie it back, and I have worn my hair like that ever since.

Anyway, I got all call from my cousin Marx, he said that the panic in Moscow is so high that the Enforcers shot this couple trying to steal some supplies (Like Water, Food, ETC) from a store, as soon as everyone saw them do that, ten civilians behind them pulled out pistols and started shooting at the Enforcers, none of them was hurt because of their armor, but the civilians who shot were gunned down by a few hundred fully automatic rounds to their chests, and even after they were all dead on the ground the Enforcers kept shooting them point blank until they ran out of bullets.
God Damn...Commander Odd needs to do something about the Panic in Russia before the whole country falls into chaos...

Ayame came in a little bit ago and we had a talk, She said that she loved my new hair style, I told her thank you, she asked me why I changed it and I told her that I lost my Hair Tie, then after about thirty minutes of talking the look on her face got more serious, she asked about how she would be able to stop the Tall Man from coming back, and I told her that she should try and find a way to contact the A.I. because its possible that the A.I. could take over the gate controls and make it malfunction every time the Tall Man trys to get back into the base, but that's just a theory, I said.
I also told her about my call with Marx and that I am, worried about all my friends who were sent to the other X-com bases around the world, I also said that I am glad I got lucky and got sent to this one with you.
I saw her blush a little when I said that, I think that out of all the people I have met so far she is the nicest person, she is always there for me when I need her, she is always so caring and kind, I just wish I could feel the same way she feels about me...
But the last thing I want is to see her hurt...
I just hope it doesn't hurt her to know that I can't love her the way she loves me...

I told her that one of the doctors in the psych ward wanted to see her, then she left the room and told me she would be back as soon as possible.
I understand why she wants to be around me, she is afraid that the Tall Man will come back, and to be honest, I am a little scared he will come back as well.

*End of Recording*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Historical Account #4:

As I noted previously, the speed at which I learned, especially in regards to my martial arts and weapons training, was far faster then anyone expected, and few instructors would bare the dishonor of me kicking their ass. I'm sure it had little to do with my age and more to do with my sex. As such, the instructors I had in the later years were very progressive in gender-relations. My favorite was my Shíbā bān bīngqì instructor, Zhu Jié. By the time I was sixteen, I had grown very close to Master Zhu. He was one of the few men I've ever connected to, and I looked at him much in the same way I looked at my father. I probably liked him so much because he never underestimated me. When he trained me, he treated me like a student, not a girl, and boy was he rough. Maybe a little too rough, now that I think about it, but it was all to push me further. And he was one of the few instructors I never surpassed. Honestly, I don't think I ever came close to beating him, and that motivated me to work harder. When training was done, that gruff, harsh, brutal instructor metamorphosed into the happy, carefree father-figure that would listen to me about my day and always had a piece of candy for Miao and I.

So, when I came back from a long mission to discover he had apparently died of a heart attack, I was absolutely inconsolable. Looking back, I realize that a more able-minded individual would have found it suspicious that a man in as good of health as Master Zhu would just up and die like that, but I was too grief stricken to think straight. I remember howling at his wake, making such a skeptical that one of the officials escorted me out of the room. He told me I needed to calm down, and handed a drinking, saying I was crying so much I was likely to dehydrate.

These last few moments are something of a blur. Mostly, all I can remember is the feeling of a million swords piercing my stomach. I hunched over, violently vomiting, but it was too late. As I collapsed on the floor, my life draining away as the feeling of fire spread throughout my body, I looked up and saw a smirk and my assassin's face. My vision faded, and as I sunk into oblivion, with the last thing I remember hearing was him yelling "help, help, Ayame has poisoned herself!"

To my obvious surprise, and to that of my killer, I awoke in an empty field, completely naked on top of a pile of wood, moments before he burned my body (I suppose I wasn't even good enough for a death shroud). In a fit a rage, I leapt at him, slamming him to the ground so hard I heard several rips crack. He had several armed escorts with him, but they didn't last long. As I slowly walked towards my killer, he begged me for mercy, absolute horror in his eyes. I regained enough of my senses to promise him a reward if he told me everyone that was involved in my death, and the death of Master Zhu since I figured they were linked. He broke easier then an umbrella in a hurricane. I then laid on top of him, and put my face in front of his. I told him, "here is you reward" and pressed my lips against his, kissing him just long enough so he wouldn't expect the feeling of my hand piecing his stomach. I lifted my head away so I could watch the life drain from his eyes, just as he had done with me, telling him "your reward is a far quicker death then any of you companions." I then yanked me hand out of him, and bathed in his entrails. I'm not proud of my brutality now, but at the time, I regretted not doing more.

I'm still not entirely sure what brought me back. I've heard tale of individuals who's intense regret and anger over their unnatural deaths brought them back for revenge. Maybe it was that. Maybe it was the poison. Maybe was a combination of both, or something else entirely. I didn't care at the time, I had a mission to do. It took some time, a few years actually, as each official became harder to find as their companions died, one by one, but I got them all in the end, and I was true to my promise. Each of them died a slow, agonizing death.

With my revenge complete I expected whatever magic bound me to this world to let up, and when it didn't, I was then faced with the decision of what to do with my existence.....

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Excerpt for Personal Recording Device:

Alright thanks, I'll look there.

I making my way through the base right now, looking for....uh, the machine. Anna's out of the med-bay, and she seems to have made a complete recovery, and looks good. Better then ever, actually. She's so beautiful with her hair down like that, it reminds me off....ahem, anyway, I'll keep an eye out for her hair-tie, but I wouldn't mind if she stayed as she is for a while. Hm, maybe I should try tying my hair back like she does. I insist on keeping it so long, but it does get in the way sometimes.....

Ahem, focus, gotta focus. She had this great idea about keeping the Tall Man out, albeit not one I'm looking forward to. She mentioned some kind of artificially intelligent computer on board that could help. Perhaps if we can win it over to our side, it'll help keep the Tall Man out be hacking into the system. I've worked hard to develop my own computer skills over the years, but it is a computer, if it can't do it, no one can.

So, I left Anna to find it. I didn't like the idea of leaving Anna alone again, but Aribeth was visiting the barracks, writing a message to someone on the computer, so I briefly explained to her what was going on and asked her to keep an eye on Anna. So now I'm looking for this AI. Some of the recruits told me.....hm, psych ward, maybe later, Dr. Parker.....some of the recruits told me it was in the body of a small robot right now. I'm a little nervous about talking to it, though. I've developed the ability to sense the life force of living creatures which I use all the time, but this thing isn't alive, at least not in the traditional sense. so I won't sense a thing from it. Talking to it is going to be like trying to communicate with someone blindfolded or with my ears plugged. I've dealt with Triads, sociopaths, ravenous mermaids, pain in this ass kitsunes. Hell, just a few years ago, I punched a wendigo square in the throat like it was nothing, so why does this make me so nervous? I guess it is because I have no experience with this kind of thing, and have no idea what to expect.

Okay, here's Engineering. Is that it!? ...no, that's just a cleaning drone....oh, that must be it, the one trying to talk to the engineering staff but is being ignored. Okay, Ayame, you can do this. Breath in.....breath out.....breath in.....breath out.....remember, this is for Anna.....e-excuse me?

*END RECORDING*

Sir Aroun

Conversation Log [Engineering / 03/16/2015] Playing ...

Hello [Ayame Kasagi] I am Spear of Athena would you be so kind as to turn on that robot for me? it has a manual activation swich on the back. Thank You.

Accessing records ... 笠置 あやめ (Ayame Kasagi) born in 148X The youngest of five children of (name here) and his wife (name here) and a current XCOM recruit. WARNING ERROR! Recored Stats you are dead and over 535 years old, both are clearly false, would you like me to make a amendment to your file?

... Log Paused

Gahlo

Name: Rick Warren
Current Rank: Rookie

Rick: 1...2...3...4...5. Okay, maybe I can stand up now.

Picking himself up with a sore arm, he made a mental check on himself. Falling while sprinting hurts. Getting slingshot off treadmill afterwards hurts more.

Rick: Stupid app. That was... Aribeth? Yeah, only person I remember with that hair. *chuckles* Well wasn't that the best first impression ever. Oh well, time to find a "custodial engineer" or whatever the hell they call themselves and fix that.

Three "facilities concierge" interrogations later and one hell of a throbbing knee, Rick finally gets to his destination, and knocks on the door.

Aribeth: Come on in, doors unlocked.

After taking a quick glance around the room, Rick props himself up against the door frame.

Rick: Hey, sorry about that. I was using an app that has a narrative of scrounging around for supplies in a zombie apocalypse. With runner's hypnotism and all it has a way or sinking in. You caught me when they were like, 5 meters away and...I'm explaining this too much, aren't I?

Aribeth: Oh god, I'm so sorry about that.

Aribeth proceeds to drop her camcorder on her bed.

Aribeth: I just wanted to see if you were ok. You had been running for 5 straight hours.

Rick: I was almost done actually, but thanks for checking. My cousin is a cross country runner It's nice to see you up and about again.

Shifting on his good leg, he gestures to the crutches.

Rick: Is it cool if I take these back? Banged my knee up and the past makes me a big baby about it.

Aribeth: Holy (expletive deleted), XCOM only has one pair? Well here you go, i don't think i'm going to need them for much longer.

Aribeth tosses the pair to Rick, he catches them handily.

Aribeth: Listen, ever heard of Karma? People say it's a (expletive deleted). For me, it's a way of life. I knocked you off the mill, now I need to make it up. If you need a favor, don't hesitate to ask.

Rick: I'll remember that. They probably have more, I'm just headed there. See ya around.

The measured pace of the crutch's clicking on the floor as he leaves down the hallway, stops momentarily, and then picks up pace as they come back, poking his head in the door.

Rick: I forgot, name's Rick.

And disappears again, door closing behind him.
-----
OOC: Aribeth's lines and actions were written by her...what is the term? Player seems weird in this situation. Took down the beginning part, which I posted earlier so if looks similar, that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.