X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukey

Name:Trevor Conan
Journal Entry: March 10 2015

I see Nukey working out on the gym training the rookies and doing a fine job at it and here i am just trying to train on shot guns to be better than nukey training was good today and my tests show i got better in aim by 2 and will improved the best by 7 good start i am not sure he was better still. that night i saw nukey drinking at the bar and i went by to have a drink after a long day and later i will have to call my wife soon just to check after the LA attack.

End of Recording.......

aww my last drink :(

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Audio Log,
March 8th, 2015, 8 a.m. (Two hours after Operation Burning Heart)

I finally found out who went on the mission.....after they got back. Day late and ¥94 short, I suppose. I was glad to see Nukey was amongst them. I heard he made quite a fuss while I was gone, and this will hopefully keep him quite, at least until he's forced to sit out another mission. Scruffy went too, which I thought was odd after he just got back. I can understand why they'd rely on him like that, since he seems to be on the top of his game, I'm just worried they might be planning to use him until he breaks.

The two rookies on the mission did great. I'll be sure to congratulate when I see them next. Its always good to give positive feedback, especially in a high pressure environment like this. I heard the attendance rate in the psych ward has spiked since the first major mission.

I went to see Anna as soon as I got situated, I missed her in the time I was away.....hm, I just realized I'm starting to follow her like a High School crush. I haven't had a solid friend in so long, I hope she doesn't feel like I'm crowding her...

...♪ And we laughed
At the world
They can have their diamonds
And we'll have our pearls
I Kissed a g....♪

.....ahem, um...what was I....oh yeah, I saw a bunch of reporters, and I wanted to see if Anna thought it was wrong for them to be here as much as I did, and she agreed. I mean, its such a breach of security, and the perfect way for the enemy to infiltrate us, if they haven't already. In fact, there was this one reporter, he just felt wrong in some way. He was really tall, and sickly thin. He wore a suit like the guys in that American movie about the secret alien police, and he never took off his sunglasses, even in the dimly lit hallways. I brushed against him, and I felt a chill down my spine.

I wanted to ask Anna if she thought I should voice my concerns with the Commander, but she was in no mood to talk about him. She has every right to be upset about him sending so many resources towards the United States when panic is so rampant everywhere else. I'm lucky that the panic level in my birth place, China, is only level two, but Anna's home is level three. It's bad enough they're classifying Russia as being in Europe when the majority of it is located in Asia. Of course, why should I expect that much when I overhead the Commander mispronouncing my name. You'd think with us being based in Japan, he'd be able to pronounce a simple Japanese name like Ah-Yah-May.

I'll talk to her later. I don't like seeing that picture anyway. Крипы меня к черту. I just wish I could see the picture she sees. If its as good as the little sculpture she made of it, I'm sure its beautiful. Instead, I'm stuck with Artur's smug face.

I'm worried about the rumor going around that they're going to start building some kind of containment unit soon. The thought of one of those wài xīng rén on base doesn't only leave me concerned....it, it scares me. The amount of energy I lost from the fragments and dead sectoids would have killed me if not for Joseph and Anna, I don't want a live one on base. I know I'm being selfish, but I can't help it.

(Sigh) Speaking of Joseph, I didn't get a chance to talk to him earlier. He was talking to some little girl over the computer, probably a sister or niece. If that's the Jessica I've heard him talk about before, I owe him an apology for assuming it was a girl he was hitting on. I'm worried about him. Word is he's really troubled right now, and he's seen the head Psychiatrist twice in the last day alone. Maybe people have been a little hard on him, myself included. I've treated him like some dope without even knowing why he's here. I suppose I could hack into the computer to read his files, but I wouldn't want him to do it to me, and I wouldn't do it to Anna, so maybe I'll just ask him.

ZombieSlayer85

Medical Log of Chief Psychiatric Officer James Parker, PHD
March 8th, 2015, 12:21 pm

I've received a report that the medication I ordered will be here soon, though getting it wasn't without consequence. When Dr. Medvedev learned I went above his head, he immediately called me into his office for a verbal thrashing. He seems to believe that, because he is the Chief Medical Officer, he is infallible. I disagree, as does Commander Odd, it would seem, or else he wouldn't have approved my request. Medvedev cared little for this, and warned me against any future acts of defiance. He obviously feels his authority being threatened, but we don't have time for this. Our men are out there, risking both their physical and mental health, and he's more concerned with how much power he has? Unacceptable.

I'm sure I'll hear it again when he finds out I put in a request for an increase in the number of on-base therapist, but again, it is completely necessary. The number of appointments we have received has increase by nearly 150% in the past week alone, and I will deny no one their right to therapy. I have even requested personal sessions with anyone who has seen any major action, including Scruffson, Van Hauwermieren, and Davin. I am particularly hoping Squaddie Dusk will make an appointment, as she is the first soldier to be injured so far, though with my current level of authority, I can not force them.

I can, however, require Commander Odd to attend. The importance of his position gives the medical staff overruling authority if we feel he is neglecting his health, including mental health. I will avoid this if at all possible, though; it was hard enough to get him to open up when I was able to get him to talk to me on his own volition. I'll never get anything out of him if I try to force it. He did look a bit relieved after talking to me, even if he'd never admit it. I hope he takes my advice to write his thoughts down in a personal journal, or at the very least, make a friend or two. He's a good Commander; the last thing we need is him having a psychological breakdown from the stress of his job.

My concern for the mental well-being of the soldiers in regards to our enemy rises by the hour. After my last meeting with Trainee Andrews, and his description of the attack on his young sister the day he lost his family, I started wondering if the aliens mental attacks may have a deeper purpose then simply trying to harm their opponents, though I can't even start to imagine what that is. Word from the research labs is that they are working on a way to capture a live alien. Dr. Vahlen has assured me that she can help Dr. Shen design a containment device that will block the alien's mental abilities. I am confident in her capacity as a scientist, I only hope she isn't overestimating her abilities.

Only time will tell.

Blazer

Journal Template:
This is a journal entry before X-COM

Name: Blazer Williams
Current Rank: Requite
Mission Name: Hotshot
Mission Objective: Get out of a Nuke filled area.
Kills This Mission: 50
Total Kills since joining XCOM:N/A

Journal Entry: Before I joined X-COM I was part of a United Alliance Marines (UAM). This times is before X-COM during a mission gone wrong. But, I wont go into details just a summary. Me and five other marines were in a pirate ring under to find nukes and disarm them before they can be used turn out the leaders found out and shot have of our crew including the captain. I became the commander for that mission. Leading them as I saw best to save the rest of us and still disarm the nuke. The mission was a success but at a step cost after my real family was killed in an alien encounter I adopted this group as family but now there gone all but two (A man and a woman). We all had taking shot but we were alive and happy to be. But afterwards we left the UAM and went our separate ways. When X-COM found me I was taking down the pirate that kill my squad mates with nothing but a sniper rifle. They said they'd give me a chance to shoot the alien kind that killed my family and save the world. I only said four words show me a "Show me there heads".

Cheesypower

Name: The Farmer

Current Rank: n/a

Rolled right up to a military blockade halfway through Los Angeles. Imagine my surprise when Noah and, get this, Nathan come running up! Nathan! I haven't seen him in ages! The little troublemaker's supposed to be snug in some Air Force base somewhere, yet here he is working roadblocks with my brother's unit, who just happened to be running the roadblock I got stopped at. Talk about an act of Providence!

We were catching up on the perimeter with the rest of the unit gawking at "Andre the Giant," as they were calling me, when these strange noises start coming from a house just outside the perimeter. The whole unit exploded into action, shouting back and forth as they took up positions and loaded their weapons. Not sure when the firing started, but when it did the whole line burst into a panicked canaphony of harassing fire and some strange whooshing noises.

I'd been leaned up against a building when a tiny gray figure burst out the window next to me. I'll admit, I panicked and reacted by throwing a punch. I could have sworn I missed, but when I looked to identify the thing it was smashed against the wall, its feet three feet off the ground, it's head smashed into an unidentifiable pulp with my fistprint dead in the center. There were a series of curses, and then five guys were spraying gunfire into the window it had come out of. I heard something scream; apparently his buddy had been hiding and got taken out by the bullet storm.

I was getting a lot of wary looks after that. It was an accident, I swear! I'm usually careful to pull my punches so these things don't happen! It's not like they weren't going to just shoot it anyway! ...Regardless, I was curious about these aliens, and seeing as that one was... damaged, I went in the building to find the other one. The body was sprawled out behind a desk it must have been hiding behind, considering that both it and the desk were pretty badly torn up and filled with bullet holes. The thing's head was much larger than it's body, had two giant eyes, and practically no other defining facial features. It looked like a baby. A baby that hadn't fully developed, true, and definitely a different species, but still a baby. What sick men send Babies to fight? What is this, Call of Kony: Children Warfare? An alien invasion is one thing, but this is getting weird.

Had to part ways not long after that. Wasn't nearly long enough to catch up to those two. They gave me their mailing designations so we could stay in touch, and then I was on my way. I'm writing this from aboard a shipping vessel headed for Northern China. Won't be long before I'm knocking on their front door.

Note to self: Hearsay amongst the marines suggests that there are several russians in XCOM. Considering that Tanya's still number one on Russia's Most Wanted list, it might be wise to not mention that she's my sister until I have a better picture of who I'm going to be dealing with.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

-March 8th, Two Thousand and Fifteen, Supplementary--

Section came back while I was sleeping. Up half the damn night trying to sleep, then when I do, stuff happens. After the post-mission reports were released, I read through them, opting out of watching the rifle cams. Armory officer decided to keep my gear in holding while I was ‘off-mission’, so I don’t want to tempt fate by looking at one of those...Sectoids, without my auto-censor. Might panic and cause a scene, and that is the last thing I want to do, considering my local popularity levels. Apparently rumour has gotten around that I’m a complete douchenozzle, which may or may not be true, depending on what mood you catch me in.

Speaking of rumour, I overheard that panic levels in Europe are ‘two or above, out of five, across the continent’. I decided to check it out myself in the Situation Room, thanks to some clever word manipulation, and found out the UK has a panic level of three. Pisses me off that they classify Scotland as part of the UK, ever since the Scottish Independence Referendum last year was put to vote and passed.

Aaand that brings me to the abduction in Glasgow, which the Commander gleefully ignored in favor of a mission in America and some Engineers. L.A. has damn gangs up the arsehole, they can hold off some aliens. ...Then again, Glasgow recently reclaimed the title of the murder capital of the world...Either way, those Engies better have been worth it.

Now to get off that topic and onto another, I was strolling around the base, doing my best to avoid the reporters when I encountered one of those suits I occasionally see. Tall, navy or black suits, hipster glasses, splotchy skin, and well combed hair. We all know the type. But...this one seemed a bit odd. He was moving too purposefully, so I decided to follow him a bit, see where he was going. Next thing I know, I’m chasing him down a hall, follow him around a corner, see a dead end hallway, no exits, and he’s just gone.

I’m not one for supernatural stuff, I say as I’m part of a project to fight an alien invasion, but either I’m starting to lose it faster than I thought, there are X-Rays infiltrating the base, or we have paranormal activity. As a precaution I’ve left a line of salt in front of the door, as well as a pile in each corner.

Alright, enough log dictating, Foulke, out.

Kadratos

Name: Kael Kessler
Journal Entry:
I will admit, when I signed up to join XCOM I never thought that the thing that hurt me the most (so far) was getting sick. It never occurred to me that people traveling to other countries and continents would bring back some viruses that I wasn’t used to, and of course I was the only person to get sick -_- so I spent a lonely week in the infirmary. Only to get out right as Aribeth got put in, such terrible timing. Once I got out of the infirmary I had to get back into training in order to remain the level of readiness that is expected of recruits, so I ended up not having a journal entry. Stupid sickness, at least now I should be relatively immune to getting sick again.I'm going to focus on the mission that just happened as I'm sure other people have done more in their free time than being sick and training to get back into combat form.

There’s three of us left who haven’t been on missions, it’s a little disheartening but I’d rather the Commander send out a solid team rather than send in a full team of rookies and have someone die. It was interesting listening to them leave for the mission because I could've sworn that I heard the Commander say something about Milky Ways. Which reminds me that I haven't had a candy bar since I got here, I wonder if anyone has a Snickers I could get.
The mission went off without a hitch and upon arrival back I think the first thing most people noticed was Nukey… I have never seen someone holding a shotgun and being so happy, I wonder if he's still going to be this happy when the alcohol's gone. I guess we'll have to wait and see. There is something that worries me though, once everything quieted down I think I heard that the Commander was planning to bring back one of those things alive. I think I heard him say Nukey which I can't express how glad I am to hear him say that. I don’t think I can handle being the person to bring one of those things alive after what happened to Sarah. If I have to then I'll get it done, but it will probably have some extra bruises on it than if it was someone else.
It sounds like I’m not going onto the next mission, but I can't blame the Commander for that. I've been sick and then training to get back up to fighting ability, I just hope when it is my turn he won't pass me by. I guess until then I'll have to take Aribeth up on her girl's night out offer from back when we first got here. After all we've both been to the infirmary and I think we could use a pick-me-up.

404GamerNotFound

Jasper's survivor's log
part 2

That went off without a hitch, we've got the meds and Chloe is back on her feet. I'm realy happy Chloe is fine i don't know what i would do without her. The bad news is that jeff is wounded, he just walked right in to the pharmacy without thinking of what we were doing. Luckily only one meatbag showed up so one shot was all it took to solve that problem, Jeff won't be moving any time soon though (he was hit in the knee). The next thing i am going to do is try to find a radio, Jeff's son did the best he could but it was not enough. I think i'll ask if Chloe joins me this time, i hope she is a little more carefull. Anyway the nearest location we expect to have a radio is the huge tower to our right. We don't have any idea of how many meatbags are waiting for us in there so it's best that we go well prepared. We took all the guns except for the one Lilly's using, we hope it's enough but we can't say that for certain. I hope this will go well but i've got a bad feeling about this. At least the kids are doing fine, it makes me happy that there are some things left we don't have to worry about. That's all i've got for now, i'll write again when we get back, if i get back......

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Audio Log Update

As I left the dorms after my last journal entry, I realized there was salt in all the corners, as well as lining the doors. I hope someone accidentally spilled it in an oddly specific way, because if I find out some other jerk is telling everyone I'm a ghost again, I'm going to kick their ass.

I came across Foulke, and remember that I still had a score to settle with him. After jumping to conclusions about my intentions towards him, likely because of my appearance, I was going to give him a piece of my mind. However, as I approached him, I realized that, even if it was unfounded, he was still insulted, and my inexperience with social interactions after my years of solitude may have been at least partially to blame. The last thing I need is to be seen as "that short bitch that pushes new recruits around". So, I softened my expression as a reached him, bowed slightly, and apologized for the misunderstanding. I informed him that my original intention was to find someone to give me pointers with firearms, and if he is able to look past my previous indiscretions, perhaps it could still be him. As I walked away, he had a look of confusion, probably because he was expecting an attack, if not physical then at least verbal, but hopefully I showed him that he can afford to let down his guard ever so slightly and make a friend or two.

I also bumped into Kessler. She was hit with some nasty virus when she first got here, and has been in the infirmary since then. I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting sick. Its too bad she was gone, since there are so few other women on base. Hopefully, once Aribeth has recovered, she, Kessler, Anna, and I can have a girls-only night. I'll just have to watch myself with how I act towards her. Just because she's a lesbian doesn't mean she wants me hitting on her. Not making any promises, though.

Oh, wait, there goes Joseph, hey wait up, I wanted to t...

*End Transmission*

Sir Aroun

*EMAILED TO ALL XCOM SOLDIERS*

I don't have a body yet but I will keep you informed of what is going on in to research lab.

Done: Xeno-biolagy

*FILE FROM DESK OF DR. VAHLEN, NAME RESEARCH/XENO-BIOLAGY*
Proposal

It is crucial that we gain a thorough understanding of the alien physiology in order to develop weapons and tactics better suited to combating them.
Research Report

We've managed to successfully map the alien specimens entire genome, although I wasn't entirely sure it would be possible using our existing DNA sequencing techiques. However, our success has led to the startling realization that this creature's genetic structure is quite similar to our own. This discovery has piqued the interests of the research team, as it only raises more questions as to the origin of the species...
Having examined several of the alien corpses, we've also observed a trend - key components of the alien's genetic structure are mirrored perfectly across each of the specimens. Although it is presumptive at this point to draw conclusions as to how this is possible, I believe it is only logical to assume the alien is the product of aggressive genetic engineering, well beyond anything concieved of on Earth. If the aliens were capable of this sort of manipulation at a cellular level, I fear we may have only scratched the surface of their technological advantages over us.
In any case, further research is imperitive... and while we've obviously made a number of discoveries working with the alien corpses, I feel we may need to acquire a living specimen if we truly hope to find the answers.
Project Requirements

Research Cash Cost: §40
Project Cost: 4 Sectoid Corpse

*END FILE*

Being Researched: Weapon Fragments

Up For Research:

Arc Thrower (Labeled Priority by Dr. Vahlen)

Alien Materials

Sectoid Autopsy

Thats it for now but please come to the lab if you what to talk to me (they will not let me out)

pete60750

Name: Mort Agbas
Mission Name: n/a
Mission Objective: n/a
Kills This Mission: n/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM: n/a
---BEGIN AUDIO LOG---
(My English is very rusty, please forgive errors)
Just arrived in XCOM. CommanderOdd told me that some officials would pick me up at Doba, but they never did. So I tried to find out where the hell is the base for the past while now. Finally found it, and guess who the first person I saw was? A journalist. Looking for some sort of interview with me. I had to restrain myself. I hate journalists. Thinking only of themselves and their "stories," and nothing else. Not thinking ... thinking ... thinking of Francine ... cut it out. No longer, Mort. You are changed. A new man. This is not N'Djamena, you are changed. Oh shit, this is being recorded.
---END AUDIO LOG---

Name: Jesse Cooper
Date: March 8th, 2015.
Time: ~0700 hours

Goddamn it! This war just became personal, I officially hate aliens now. Not only does their attack wake me up at a little past one in the morning, but they hit a burger joint of all places! Bastards. Apparently they struck three places simultaneously, but X-COM could only respond to one, so each country had to bargain for our services by offerin' up different rewards. I guess the base needs more nerds in engineering because L.A. won by promising to send a few. Suck it, Brazil!

Just like last time, the mission went well, no injuries and four more dead sectoids. Same shit, different day, I guess. Too bad none of the guys grabbed some fries or a couple happy meals from that burger joint though, I woulda loved that. I'm okay with the prescribed meal plan and all that, but goddamn I would kill for something greasy. And a couple happy meal dolls action-figures to decorate the barracks would be pretty sweet.

At base, it turns out I might've overreacted about the little Chinese girls and ghosts thing. I got a personal message from the shrink reassuring me that there are no such things as ghosts and instructing me to go schedule an appointment with him if I ever have any other "crazy conspiracies theories". Come on! Earth is at war with psychic aliens, it's not that crazy to believe in ghosts!

***RECORDING ENDS***

jimark

Name: jimark kuhsplosion
Current Rank: none
Date: 17th June 2015
still holed up in my bunk, nothing better to do than throw play-doh at walls pretending it's semtex, some of the other recruits give me funny looks, don't know why. Went to gym yesterday, some idiota was on the runnung machine ALL DAY. Went there this morning, still there, that guy is en forma or a robot. Wanted to play pool as well, but there's always people playing. I would go to the mess, but all the smug chicos y chicas who've been on missions are just gloating and showing off their promotions. Back in Cuba, I was in command, able to blow a rebel's house or just something up whenever I liked. Echo de menos el hogar, or just a fight.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

I started taking the medication the shrink gave me today. He said it'll help, but I should expect some ups and downs in my mood until the chemicals in my brain even out, or something like that. I'm not big on taking drugs (never touched the stuff growing up, and I'm not ashamed to say that), but I guess I should just look at it like taking cold medicine or aspirin.

More then the meds, the main thing making me feel better is my talk with Ayame. I sat down with her, talking for over an hour, and she seemed genuinely concerned. I was a little hesitant to talk, since pretty girls like her always avoided talking to losers like me growing up, and only ever tried to warm up to me because making me think they liked me seemed to enhance their delight when bullying me. But Ayame seemed like she was actually worried. It might lead to her using it to stab me in the back, but I told her everything about me. I kept looking at her, expecting to see her rolling her eyes, but she just sat there, listening as intently as any therapist. In the end, she told me she understood how I feel, but that I had friends here, including her, Anna, and Tyler. She even said that Aribeth liked my origami flowers, and I should have given them to her in person.

After giving me some advice about Jessica, she headed out. I thanked her for being so understanding. She in turn thanked me for sharing my secrets with her, and said that when the time is right, she'll share some of her secrets with me. I'm not sure what kind of secrets she might have, but I smiled and said I look forward to it.

So, with my mood lifted, either from my talk or the drugs, I took a walk around the base, congratulating the soldiers from the last mission for a job well done, telling Aribeth how well she was looking, and introducing myself to Richard Foulke, a trainee who people seem to avoid like he is some kind of douche, but he seems like a cool guy to me.

I also met a new female recruit named Kael Kessler. I offered to show her around base, but she said she knows where everything is. Has she been here before? Come to think of it, she looks familiar. Have I seen her before? Maybe she isn't that new. I'll ask one of the other woman next time I see them.

The only other thing to report is a strange encounter I had with one of those reporters asking questions on base. I wasn't paying attention, and I kind of plowed into one. I knocked off his sunglasses, and he quickly covered his eyes. I ran to his side, afraid I had hurt him, but when I touched his back, he swung his arm at me and hit me so hard I flew about six feet back! I was only trying to help, and he seemed okay afterwards, so it was a bit of an overreaction. Didn't expect such a thin man to be so strong.

Oh well. I'll just avoid them in the future. I guess I'll go to the shooting range. I could use the practice. I just wish I could watch TV. All this salt everywhere reminded me that I haven't seen an episode of Supernatural in a long time. I wonder if someone thinks there are ghost or demons on base. Maybe Ayame would know.

Name: Tyler Prohaska
Mission: Operation Burning Heart
Kills: 0
Log type: Pen and paper

Just came back from the shooting range after watching the end of mission recordings from the Commander. Joseph was at the range and he talked to me briefly but mostly we just enjoyed shooting the dummies together. We even came up with a bit of a game to see who was the better shot and he beat me twice ...... although for some odd reason I really didn't mind. It was good to see a friendly face and enjoy the moment without worrying about everything else that has been going on.

I could write about the past mission where a burger joint in LA was hit with an attack and the strike team came in with a fury. To be honest I watched mostly Nukey because the assault role fasinates me. He carries a massive shotgun and I cannot imagine how satisfying it must be to blow off an aliens head up close. Anyway the mission was a text book example of using flanking motions and cover to exploit/annihlate an enemy group. It was fasinatig to watch even the new recruits hit shots in tandem to kill or pin down the aliens.

But this log is a place where I can be myself and talk which is why I am writing in it today and not talking. I heard in whispers around the base that the scientists want to try to catch an alien........which bothers me. It bothers me because how can you have something you hate with every fiber of your being so close ....and not want to kill it. I really don't know but my personal bloodlust seems to grow daily, I wake up with dreams of killing and maiming every day it seems. But the odd thing which scares the hell out of me is that I almost like it because in those moments I feel ALIVE again. Instead of feeling dead inside or numb to the outside world those dreams make me feel electric. But I can't share these facts with the other trainee's......especially joseph who is so worried about his little sister. He(meaning Joseph) seems like he would run through a wall for that little girl and who could balme him really.

To be honest with the reporters being brought in on occasion to see the base and interview people I have been keeping low. I feel almost liek Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killer, because I can present as I did with Joe,Nukey, Anna, and Ayame that I am fine almost flat. But inside I have a sort of time bomb building I think and it worries me to no end to think of what will happen the first time I get a gun or get a chance to kill something. I wonder if that would end the dreams btu I think much like Woody the violence would come naturally to me and like him it would consume me.

But for the time being I will continue to wear the mask and smile when others talk about family or friends. But inside I will battle my own horde of demons who wail all the time to be let out........to be fed.......and to kill. Man ok fuck this I am going to get a beer or challenege Nukey to an arm wrestling contest, hell maybe even have a milky way I think I saw some laying around.

End

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Non-Combat log 09:

Log format: Audio

Well ding-dang-doodly. Things have been changing every day and I don't think I can keep up. Besides I'm a little too tired/busy to record daily logs. Now that the alien threat is pretty real, training has doubled.

Anyways, I was in the Engineering Bay today and saw the cutest little robot ever! It was powered down, so I managed to take a look at it. You know, if we strapped a machine gun to it and maybe added some war paint, that thing could a formidable force on the field.

Some recruits recently got back from the field. Apparently all of the fighting was taking place in a McDonalds. Man, I knew Nukey had scored a kill when I saw his insane smile at the loading bay.

Also, I think the CO is looking for culprits that have to do with the Milky Way incident. I hope he doesn't suspect me, because the only thing I eat is organic. And from what can tell, those things are not.

Oh! I also found Kael today. Apparently she was in the sick-bay with a nasty bug. I guess I didn't see her because I was unconscious when I arrived. Well, all that matters is that she's back.

I also met this guy who I think was called Rick. I saw him jogging on the treadmill for hours on end. I finally decided to tap him on the shoulder to make sure he didn't die from over-exertion. I swear, I saw him jump five feet into the air, before looking at me, startled.

"Oops"

I muttered, and I sheepishly looked at him before excusing myself.

Oh well.

Just got word that a new mission is coming up. We have a week to decide on a mission with the Triad. The CO said he was only looking to bring the people who could convince him. But the thing is, do I really want to go? I'm nowhere near being physically healthy, and I'm actually kind of scared about it. This is Triad here. We won't be facing off against pure sectoids here. I know the enemy will be bringing their biggest and baddest.

Well anyways, this log is getting embarrassingly long, so I might as well and it here.

As always, Aribeth off!

pete60750

Name: Mort Agbas
Mission Name: n/a
Mission Objective: n/a
Kills This Mission: n/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM: n/a
---BEGIN AUDIO LOG---
(My English is very rusty, please forgive errors)
I have been looking for the commander, to complain about these journalists, when I overheard a conversation in Research and Development. Dr Vahlen want us to put the soldiers live's at risk so we can better understand these... things. And for once, she's right. While we all know about the abductions and how all the people have died, how do we know there isn't a reason behind it? What if, the aliens are actually doing it for the greater good? I mean, look at our species. Humans are the only animal known to kill others of its kind when not competing for mates, the only to reshape the natural environment so many other animals lose their home, the only where some of the species live lavish lives, others sweating away to provide for these, just depending on who their parents were, the only to drop such horrors as the nuclear bomb. What if the aliens actually want to do good in the universe, and to do so they eliminate our species?
---END AUDIO LOG---

DeathPants

Name: Luís Carlos Silva
Current Rank: ROOKIE
Mission Name: Operation Burning Heart
Mission Objective: - Sweep the abduction site and identify targets.
- Neutralize all hostile targets.
Kills This Mission: None
Total Kills since joining XCOM: None
Promotion? None
Journal Entry: Well, I thought that starting these journals right after a mission would be the best, so here I am. NOW I know why we're fighting these creatures and I see why people want them out. If that's what they want, well... I just have to do my job. It may not be pretty, but it's a job anyways. I don't care what I have to do, I just do it. The army served me well with my aiming. Scruffy stood behind the lines waiting for a signal to shoot. I know he was... anxious. I was as well, but since I was a rookie, I just limited following orders. I can see Commander Odd is wanting to take down these guys as much as any of us do. The mission went well, Commander Odd told us we were efficient on it. The only thing I'm sad with is the promotion I didn't get. Well, I'm already leaving for another mission, so yeah. After that, I overheard a conversation between Dr. Vahlen, Central and the Lead Engineer. I know I shouldn't, but... I was bored, Nukey has anger management issues and I just didn't want to be besides him or something bad would happen. It's not that I'm a pacifist, I mean... I'm on the XCOM team killing Aliens, why would I be pacifist? It's just that when I can stay out of trouble, I will. Nukey seems... out of place. He keeps tellinCommander Odd that he wants some action even though he doesn't really do the right stuff. On the mission, I broke a damn window for no apparent reason. He just rushed to the alien and instead of shooting... He broke the window! He could've died there in action, but he didn't. So, I just didn't want to be besides him, that's all. Back to the conversation. The Dr. was talking with Central saying we needed to capture one of those things alive. I was thinking "Who would it be? I just hope it isn't me...". I thought that because, well... It's not that I don't have the courage, no, I would just hesitate for no apparent reason. I mean, they have the same genetic structure as we do, so they're practically the same as we are. But hey, we'll see. It probably won't happen again, I only hesitated once...

Rookie Silva, signing out.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Forgot to make a log yesterday due to a wee bit of exhaustion. Tried competing against that guy on the treadmill. Managed to keep up with him for about....90 minutes. Gah, I can feel my leg muscles rioting against such treatment. I should have stopped when I still had energy left to walk back to my quarters. I’ll have to see if I can nab some painkillers from the med-bay later today.

Anywho, things I meant to say in my journal yesterday. Finally managed to talk to that Chinese girl, Ayame. Thing is, she came in the position of supplication, doing the whole ‘bow and apologize’ thing. Was a bit surprised by that turn of events. Usually I have to be the one to put myself at the mercy of the other’s whims of forgiveness. Ended up forgetting to give her the customary one free hit to anywhere. Damn, wore that codpiece for the past week for nothing. Anywho, she told me that her original intentions in talking to me were to ask if I would be willing to give her some firearms training, and that she was still willing to receive such training. I told her I’d have to get back with her on that, and then she nodded and left.

A bit later I talked with a man named Joseph, can’t remember his last name. Went through the basic introductions, chatted for a bit, then I said my goodbyes and headed out for the training floor to mess around with the staff again. Probably should have headed to the range instead, kept myself up on my firearms skill, but spinning a piece of wood at 3 rotations per second and swinging it around is strangely relaxing. Forgot that quality of the staff. Been forever since I got my hands on one.

Well, that’s pretty much all that happened yesterday, now to get those painkillers.

Foulke, out.

Status
Not open for further replies.