X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostlich1228

Rules so far.

1: The story will start one week before the alien attack, from then on you explain your story of how your Character got to X-Com.
2: A limit of 2 players per person.
3: You decided when your character dies.
4: New Aliens will be included.

I think I forgot some, but for now this seems fine, one more think I will have two characters too, but both in Exalt. I was thinking of having my second character at one point having to put there difference aside with X-Com in order to survive a Horror mission, (such as the one with the ship and the crysalite) but of course our own idea.

Then I want everybody to vote where the X-COM HQ should be.
1. North America
2. South America
3. Australia
4. Europe
5. Asia
6. Africa

I Vote South America, Always been my favorite Starting location. :)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I usually go with North America, but I could go with South America too. Maybe have a base hidden under the Brazilian rainforest. It wouldn't be easy to find, there aren't large populations nearby, and it would discourage soldiers from wondering off the base out of fear of getting lost.

DarkGemini24601

South America could certainly be good, not one I've seen done often bc some people don't like the continent bonus. (From a tactical perspective, kinda far to get to certain places, but w/e)

Grelite

My character was a 500 year old Chinese Zombie/Vampire that had the ability to sense psychic energy, was twice as strong as your average human, needed to regularly absorb life force from others to sustain herself, and was so susceptible to alcohol, she nearly slept with another soldier after only a few shots of sake. Ahh, fun times, fun times.
Welcome to the reason there are such strict rules since Season 3. ;)

All this discussion does give me an idea for the impromptu creation of an XCOM TTRPG. The in-game HUD data shows enough information to create character sheets, encounter stats and combat rules rather easily. Every player would control one character in a squad, the GM would control everything else. This squad is sent out on missions, while the GM comes up with whatever other squads might be doing (simultaneously, to avoid forcing the players to split up or stay at the base for too long), what the aliens are doing, what Exalt is doing, in the background. Perhaps use Stars Without Numbers' faction turn system to determine that. Let the players know what they would learn from Command. Adapt some of the game rules to make more sense for a TTRPG.

This, of course, cannot be played on the forums, but certainly planned and to keep track of everything. I am certainly looking to do more roleplaying with direct interaction, rather than do more storywriting. (An indirect way of saying I will not be participating in what you guys are planning here, though my interest will have me follow it.)

DarkGemini24601

I shall leave with a minor topic in mind, how we want to handle missions/maps. (I imagine we might end up making up different locations since you can only go to so many places in EW, but we probably don't need to draw that sort of stuff or anything like that.)

If there's anything else that needs discussing, go ahead without me, I shall return. *covers self with cloak and vanishes into the shadows, Dracula-style*

Dahlexpert

I, would like to set the base in South america,since there country ability is to cut the alien in half and some what torture them.
Also I volentear to play as a Exalt spy since iv been planing to be one for a while.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I have the different maps from the game more or less memorized, from forests with logs and trees, to buildings and city streets, to half destroyed cities. I've also designed a few areas myself for other games, so I can be fairly detailed if you'd like.

On the other hand, if you want to be more free to write how your mission pans out, I can give a general discription of the area and what to expect, and you can be free to fill in the details in your writing.

So I can be as vague or as detailed as you guys want, as long as we settle on one or the other. I'm good either way.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Honestly South America has that secrecy factor to it but I like Europe cause that seems to have the greatest diversity of counties for people to come from.

Adrammalech

I'm going to be that guy who votes for a third party candidate and say Australia.

I'm thinking more about the story relations to the base location (i.e. when my character said he didn't like Chinese food in reference to the Asia base last season), not so much the game's bonus. After all, we're not playing the game.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I'm not entirely sure about the tatical soundness of the main base for a world wide corporation being in Australia.Love the Country, but as a main HQ?

PrismaCube

Well I also vote for Europe, but the majority seems to be for South America, so I guess we will role with that. Hope this wont anger some people.

DarkGemini24601

I can go with either, though Europe is somewhat more centralized and has access to more funding, while South America is just secretive, wheras Europe could have a fairly hidden location if we needed one.

Edit: Dahl said South America near the top of this page.

Additionally, started work on my first character today, really liking her so far. (From the Inuit Peoples of Canada ^_^)

DarkGemini24601

An additional question is this: When is the invasion set? If it's the near future (Say, 1015-1016), that would allow for a bit more creative freedom with backstories in terms of military operations, presidents/rulers, etc.

Dahlexpert

I can also go with ether or, and both sound good for a role plating, but I have to go with Europe. Because Europe gives us more funding, and because the area is so huge, it will make for some big battles and some good skirmishes.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
With it mostly split down the middle, I'm thinking best we go with Europe, though that now leaves the question of where in Europe.

And as far as timeline, I prefer modern day. Maybe set it a few years in the future like the game did when it came out (let's say around 2025), but anymore then that might bring in too many additional factors for our first endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.