What server do you want us to host?

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Since we are In the unique position of having our own server equipment we have the ability host almost any type dedicated server (beside most ranked games such as bf3 etc). At this time GLG officially hosts Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft.

What server would you like us to host next?
Server_Upgrade-704649.jpg

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
What about a minecraft Tekkit server?
A tekkit server has been discussed in the past with our Minecraft support team. I believe we intend on setting up one regardless. So be sure to stay tune for that announcement.

timirvin

Medivh Server Staff
Sarge is correct. The GLG Minecraft Team is already testing the latest Tekkit server on our development box. Due to the updates on Medivh, that project has been put on hold for another week. 2 things we are looking for in order for us to give Sarge our approval on Tekkit.

1.) Latency is a huge factor: I've read they have improved a lot of the "Per-Tick" actions a given chunk can process. This will be a main factor we are testing for.
2.) Make sure all the exploits and dup bugs have been fixed since the 2.2.1

If anyone that has the current 3.1.2 Tekkit server running, please chime in and let me know what you think about it (good and bad). More heads is better than one.

Thanks,
-Tim

Grelite

From what I've seen there's certain rules Tekkit servers go by to reduce lag, like keeping water out of quarries and not having anything active, like machines and quarries and such, when the owner is not near. Stuff like that.

timirvin

Medivh Server Staff
Interesting... Ok, so implement rules and guidelines to reduce lag. I like that idea. Thanks.

-Tim

Alex Paradox

basically there is a need to block world anchors because all of the lag that will be wrought from ever running machines

diamondeye83

ee has a few dupe bugs, involving the transutation tablet, the rm furnace, and the black hole band, but itherwise, no dupe bugs exist