• Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Later.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TerrorByte

Lately during the prime hours of the server, everything becomes slow and kind of "syrupy" it's like you're flying through space, but space is actually really thick syrup.

I looked up this issue, and most peoples resolutions are to increase the server pop-cap from your host, which gives leeway to the server.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Welcome TerrorByte, glad to see some server regulars here.

I would like to explain to you our setup and why you are experiencing these issues.

We dont rent our server. Gamigon is unique among gaming communities in that we own all of our server equipment. We have a very powerful dual processor six core server with 32gb of ram and lots of SSD drives. The problems you're getting are related to a few things.

First space engineers server client is terrible at utilizing more than a single processor on our server. Second we see simulation slow down occur when players create larger ships etc. Right now i am working to lower lag. One of the procedures is a clean-script that removes unused player ships and such which does provide a new boost for server performance.

Right now our server is more powerful than %99 of other space engineer servers. Once we work out the bugs I am sure we will see much better performance. Thank you for your patience.