GreyLines: An idea turned opportunity.

Blue

Community Manager
First off, hello again everyone. It has come to my attention that we are in the mists of a slow but ever so sure growth in users once again. I really do believe that this is a "Golden" opportunity that we cannot afford to pass up.

No, I am not talking about making money, although that could become a bi-product.

This community is something that I've had quite some time to watch over and although to many of you I may just seem like some new guy who barged in and started barking orders, I assure you that is not, nor will it ever be my intention.

Re branding:

Now, I'll admit quality when I see it. Tim did an amazing job with the logo and his talents are not to be undermined. That being said I feel as if the current logo seems a little bit unprofessional and forgive me for this "kiddy" I propose a re branding towards a sleeker, more modern look.

Before the pitchforks and torches come, hear me out. We play a vast quantity of games, so many so that we haven't been able to be genre defined group, now this is not a bad thing. In fact I believe it to be the opposite. With such a large possible player base the most attractive site is necessary.

I've done a little bit of work ahead of approval just to give the general idea of what I'm talking about.

Basic Logo rework:
x1zkeu.jpg

Now it is in PNG format and can be made transparent, the black just helps with contrast on the forum.

Wordless Logo rework:
657ej4.jpg

Again can be converted into PNG without issue for transparency.

I am looking forward to any feedback both positive and or negative.

Blue

Community Manager
I apologize the post able area had ended.

Donation Program:

Second change would be the addition of a program I've coined GreyLines+ or Greylines Gold.

Users would be granted an plethora of in-game benefits as well specialized areas on the forums and such.

Some logo mock-ups for that below:

ojftpi.jpg

110yfyt.jpg

Blue

Community Manager
Finally, and this is a big leap, apparel and promotional items.

In the process of speeding this up I have created the web store and put a few base products up for sale just an example.

Here is the web stores url for those interested.
http://www.zazzle.ca/greylines

Nedge62

I highly support this idea, if we show other gamers that we care about logos and such we could potentially rope in more players.

Paulofwood

Very nice, Loving it! I do believe something like the Grey lines you have there, or the Grey/gold line, is an easy to understand way to identify the group. It's something someone could see and say "Hey They're from GLG" Etc. I like it, definitely going to use that to promote while I stream when my new pc gets here!