Exalt Roleplay: Mother of Stars

PrismaCube

Two years ago I started school and was thrown into a whole new learning experience which kept me learning for a long time in my free time, during this time I suggested that a new X-COM RP should be started whilst Odd is busy taking a break from X-COM. Many people liked my idea and we all joined together to start our own X-COM Roleplay. I planned to go my own route and play Exalt, since I thought that they had so much potentials in the X-COM universe. First time I played through X-COM Enemy Within I was disappointed at the end of Exalt. It felt more like a filler than anything story related. Fan service almost. So I took my chance and started my own background story to Exalt for the Roleplay. I had big plans and great ideas that would explain a lot that made Exalt the way it was in X-COM. With a great start to the story I was very excited to see what the future holds, however my focus on this story was reflected in my grades at school, so I had to reduce my time spent Role Playing and reading and invest this time into learning, this became such a problem that I decided it would be best for me to leave the Roleplay and focus on my learning. Although it pained me at that time I knew it was the right thing to do. Two years later I finished school and returned here, everybody welcomed me back with open arms and told me everything I missed. Now I’m currently participating in the second season of our Roleplay, in a small Star Wars Roleplay on the side and my own Assassins Creed Fan fiction. Although I’m done with school I’m now working which keeps me busy for most of the day, however the Roleplaying does not hinder my work so I can Roleplay again as much as I liked. Sadly I never got to fulfill my Exalt Roleplaying and a lot was changed during my absent. Some things were great others were not. So in order to fulfill my dream of making a proper Exalt fan fiction backstory just like I planned to do a years ago I decided to open this thread. Here I will post what would have happened if I would not have left the Roleplay.

A couple of things I will note before I start.

1. This is an alternative universe to the first Roleplay, here Exalt will go the way I planned it to go. It has nothing to do with the first or second Roleplay other than the start.
  2. X-Com will not be the main focus in this RP.
  3. This is my story so things will go the way I want them to, if you are not fully satisfied with several things then that is to bad.
  4. If you have questions or complaints please message me in private.
  5. I will update this once every two weeks at the lates.
  6. All characters in this RP were created by me, some are even small references to past work I have done before joining this forum (Avanix).
  7. If you want to make a cameo in this Roleplay I would appreciate it, just send me a private message and we can work things out.
  8. Exalt History was created by me.
  9. Many things might change, although I plan ahead there are always things that I want to add in later. So expect some… “filler” Roleplays during this Roleplay.
  10. Lucy was always the original name for Lüsett however I never got into that so do not be confused about her name in the Origin chapters.
  11. Have fun.
With that I hope you enjoy this and have fun reading what could have been.

Last edited:

PrismaCube

Name: Lucy Franzine Exalt
Race: Caucasian
Nationality: British
Hair Color: Brunette
Eye Color: Green
DoB: 01.03.1983
PoB: England

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: The Birth of a Sun
Part 1: Everything makes Everything

“I’m but a star on the moon, looking out into the void. Where the sun is watching me, whilst the planet aline above her.” -Exalt

In a small hospital a young girl to be named Lucy was brought into this world. Lucy was an innocent child back then, knowing nothing of the world. Therefore her days were spent crying and eating. The occasional “Diaper filling” was an easy everyday task for her, as for all babies her age. However soon Lucy had to learn that her family was not like any other and great things were expected from her. Lucy grew up as a single child, without toys or anyone to play with her main focus was to learn. At a very young age Lucy was able to speak full sentences when other children only started to learn their first words. By the age of five Lucy could already read and count. Being a child of the Exalt family she was taught a lot by her father and mother. School was something Lucy would never attend to. The government had no problem with this since Lucy’s birth was kept secret. Lucy was invisible to the government, therefore opening many doors for her in the future. Although growing up exiled from the outside world, Lucy did not lack manners or being proper, for it was tradition in the Exalt family. At the age of eight Lucy was almost a proper child. Here at the age of eight Lucy's story starts.

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling for a couple of minutes, today would be another boring day of studying and learning. With all my will I got up and out of bed and started heading towards the door. Opening the door a hallway greeted me, really tall and wide filled with armors and banners, something you usually see in castles. The carpet that filled the hallway was red, as were the curtains and banners. Ignoring all of this as usual I walked down towards the bathroom door. Once inside the bathroom I locked the door and started to get undressed. I put my pajamas into the laundry basket and headed towards the shower. Rubbing the last sleep out of my eyes I noticed myself in the mirror. A young girl, with no sign of growth was standing in front of me. Long brunette hair and green eyes. Nothing important at all, I have read in books that girls are suppose to be pretty, but am I pretty? And why would I have to worry about that? Is this really something someone of my age should be worrying about? Looking at my chest I thought about my mother. Mom has a really big chest. I wonder why my chest is flat, and dad has hair around his mouth, I wonder why I do not have any. Maybe I will find a book that can tell me more about this.

Finished with the observation of myself I got into the shower and cleaned myself. Once finished I brushed my teeth and wondered about my teeth a little. With that final thought I got dressed and headed to the library. The library of my parents was very big. It had many books and even scrolls that tell of the ancient history. Although I have read one or two of them I was not fully able to understand them just yet. Things like that I postpone to a later time when I have learned more about history. Also many other books are way up high and I’m not allowed to climb the ladder just yet, so I just take books from the bottom two rows most of the time.

Whilst scanning through the shelfs I noticed something catching my eye, possibly just what I have been looking for. “The Human Biology.” At first I was confused since I have never heard of the word Biology before, but a quick look at the front cover assured me this was the right book. So I sat down and started to read.

Starting with a small chapter I learned about the Human body. Someone named Leonardo da Vinci did a lot of Anatomical drawings of the human back in the old days. It also appears that the body is made up out of several systems. On the side I also learned the differences between mom and dad. Apparently mother has something called a Mammary gland that females develop at the teenage stage of their years. Also apparently the hair around father's mouth is called a beard and female usually do not grow such hair. The book continued to go further and further into detail about the Human body and the differences between the male and the female body. Reading into the night several topics got me excited to learn about the next couple of days. Leonardo da Vinci seems like an important person. Sexual reproduction has something to do with the creation of humans, this book has to have a topic on this does it not? But the thing that interested me the most was the word DNA mentioned several times throughout the book. DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid and is what makes a human. Which got me also really confused since I thought that Sexual reproduction makes a human. Also the word Atom came up which apparently also makes up everything.

It was clear to me that no matter how much I learned there was always more to be learned but the days are short and I have learned that a human needs rest. Therefore I close the book and set it aside for the night. I headed off to bed and thought about everything I have learned. With a final thought before I drifted off into the land of dreams I thought to myself.

"I know nothing."

PrismaCube

Part 2: Destroyer of worlds.

The sun was bright today and the wind was soft, I decided that today would be a great day to study outside and take in nature. I put on my red dress with white tights and proceeded to go sit outside under a tree in the shades.

The current topic I have been reading upon went more into depth about the different human systems. In specific I learned where several vital organs were located, how they worked. The one I found very interesting was the heart up until now I never noticed it was beating, it just happens and I ignore it, the same goes for breathing and blinking. Something the brain does automatically. The brain. The organ that controls the entire body, signals going from and to it. Without the brain you would not be able to do many things. Everything has a brain, even electronics such as computers need some kind of device that acts like a brain for them. However there is a creature that lives in the ocean which does not have a brain but yet they have lived for a very long time. Of Course all of this I looked up in different books I took with me outside. Because why would a book about Human Biology talk about jellyfish.

I continued to read the book for most of the day, at one point the sun was at a point in the sky which the tree could not defend me from with its shade. I was brought out of my deep learning slumber by the ever so blinding ray of the sun. Covering my eyes I got up and moved around the tree. To my surprise I found a creature lying on the ground, not moving at all. I was curious so I kneeled down in the grass and got really close to this creature.

“What are you?” I asked myself, almost too curiously. Then it occurred to me. This is the creature that flies around in the sky outside. A bird. I examined the creature more closely almost touching it with my nose. It emitted a very undesired stench from it, but my curiosity did not mind. I decided in order to find more about this bird I would have to touch it. Without a second thought I poked the creature several times.

“Why are you not reacting to me? Are you sleeping?” Poking the bird a little more I used more and more pressure on it. At one point I poked it so hard that it flipped over revealing it’s belly to me. And everything that used to be in it. Without a flinch I examined the newly revealed parts. Organs! These are organs. Just like human organs but really small. However this does not explain why the bird won’t wake up. Father usually always wakes up if you give him a small poke on the cheek.

Curious to get an answer I flipped through the books searching for an answer. Nothing! Nothing! Nothing! What could this mean? Just as I was about to give up the word death fell into my sight.

Death is the termination of all biological functions…

This made little sense to me but I got the feeling that I was getting somewhere. I headed back to the library searching for a book about death. I stumbled upon a book called “Death throughout time.” In it there was a lot of talk about death throughout history. Death seems to be a living creature made up out of a single stage of the humans called the skeleton. Clothed in a dark robe he comes and takes the old and sick away, but many times the innocents and wounded too.

This does not make any sense, a body is not able to sustain without every system working together, nor does it make sense that death takes them away when that bird was clearly still there. So to that death must be more of a symbol than a state. The state of death must be what took the bird away, but if the bird is still there, what has been taken from it? And what do you call the state of death? deat? More importantly, when will death come and visit me?

Each day I have more and more questions. I try to answer them through books but sometimes I wonder what I will be able to do with this knowledge.