Cube World

Linus

Recently started playing this amazing game. Has anyone else been enjoying it? Looking forward to hearing some cool stories about it. If you have them... ;)

Grelite

If only the servers wouldn't constantly be under DoS attacks, I could actually try and get the game.

Grelite

I just managed to make an account for the minute registration was up. Now if only the store would open up long enough for me to get the game.

As for the game itself:
Why do so many people insist on comparing it to Minecraft? Nowadays everyone has to compare a game with a cubic art-style to Minecraft, it seems. Sure, it's a randomly generated open world, but that's pretty much the only similarity. I'd sooner compare it to Skryim because it's an open-world third-person action RPG.

Grelite

I've been using this website to keep track of the status of the site, registration and the shop. You can have it show a notification on your desktop whenever something changed status. There is no predictability on when registration or the shop goes up for a short time, however.

Yesterday the shop opened very shortly, but registration had not. After the shop closed a little later registration opened and I registered an account. After that the shop did not open until about 3 pm (CET) and again about half an hour later, but I missed both because I was busy. In other words: the website works well, the timing of Picroma does not, not that I blame them.

Grelite

Yessir, it seems to be quite stable now.

I've been playing a rogue. All I'd seen people play is ranger, so the combat is quite different from what I'd seen so far. It's a lot of fun, and I imagine playing this with a party, raiding castles and bosses etc. would be amazing. I had not realized the significant difference between using the different weapons a class can use. I seem to do poison damage with dual daggers and some amazing slicing damage with a long sword. Despite being in alpha, this game has already achieved an amazing amount of gameplay features working fairly well.

I've tamed several pets, my primary one being a fly named Buzz Killington.

Linus

Buzz Killington, classy as fuck. I agree, the game feels pretty polished for an alpha. Only things lacking so far is music and sound effects, and the ability to interact with objects and NPCs. Aside from that it's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

As for multiplayer, I don't have the ability to run my own server, and the servers I've found all worked terribly, so I think multiplayer won't happen for a while. I think Ray had plans to host a GLG Cube World server, so hopefully that'll work out soon.