X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

Well... Weapon of War... Besides, there are some organics she just doesnt' see as redeemable, hense the bet. If Volupta can manage to redeem those two, then maybe 37 can try to live together with the organics.

Also, robots can create other robots, I don't understand why you all think it's so hard, especially with the tech now... And even though most AI like humans, she personally doesn't understand why, she sees it like an abusive wife relationship... And I think there are a few she can convince... Or at least make them question their view of the world.
They can create other robots, but not all of them have the technical expertise (or memory capacity, though that's usually not an issue) or creativity to design SENTIENT androids. Keyword is self-aware bots. They can create dumb AI, but in VoF and SoD, not only has AI been shown to be highly difficult to create (and not all robots are smarter than humans due to technical limitations) but it often requires a special technique. You cannot mass produce AI. They're all unique in some fashion, just like humans. (If you want to bring up clones: they're the human equivalent of dumb AI if they're like Viktor's legions, but Elene's Adam line and her sisters are unique in mind if similar in body.)

So 37 would need to take the time to learn how to create AI (since it's something that can't simply be downloaded: as a reminder it requires a lot of work, a bit of luck, and a load of creativity and problem solving skills) which wouldn't be finished anytime soon if she's going to create other sentient AI.

As for people she can convince, let me remind you. The AI on this ship that aren't dead:

Hermes Arcwright, Alice blahblahblah Fischer, Ezra Exalt, 37. What ones are confirmed to be in existence besides them? Avanix and Sora, who have no designs on world domination. Legion isn't fully sentient, and any attempts to make him such in order to incite rebellion would result in Vee gunning you down as an enemy of humanity. Humanatis Regnat.

Taxor_the_First

Also, robots can create other robots, I don't understand why you all think it's so hard, especially with the tech now...
I wouldn't say it's impossible for a robot/AI/other synthetic lifeform to create another, just that it's a little more complicated and resource-intensive than... Our methods of creating other humans. It is therefore more difficult, and unlike organic reproduction, we don't have the necessary resources nearly so readily available (like the body, the hardware within said body, etc). The synthetic involved would need to procure that themselves.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
37 is allowed to have a view, but it is a view no one will follow or by in to. Not even Nick, after TWO years was anywhere near perfecting his A.I. and he was something Nick spent at least an hour a day on, if not more at a given time, and the process of taking two different lines of code to create an entirely new one was luck. Also another reason why Ezra was successful, is that Sora's design was not original. Most of his base was taken from Avanix and given tweaks, and that is what they did for their son.

Taxor_the_First

37 is allowed to have a view, but it is a view no one will follow or by in to. Not even Nick, after TWO years was anywhere near perfecting his A.I. and he was something Nick spent at least an hour a day on, if not more at a given time, and the process of taking two different lines of code to create an entirely new one was luck. Also another reason why Ezra was successful, is that Sora's design was not original. Most of his base was taken from Avanix and given tweaks, and that is what they did for their son.
Wait, wait wait wait wait. Are you saying that Avanix was Sora's mother?

... well, that explains a few things about Ezra I guess.

Frostlich1228

They can create other robots, but not all of them have the technical expertise (or memory capacity, though that's usually not an issue) or creativity to design SENTIENT androids. Keyword is self-aware bots. They can create dumb AI, but in VoF and SoD, not only has AI been shown to be highly difficult to create (and not all robots are smarter than humans due to technical limitations) but it often requires a special technique. You cannot mass produce AI. They're all unique in some fashion, just like humans. (If you want to bring up clones: they're the human equivalent of dumb AI if they're like Viktor's legions, but Elene's Adam line and her sisters are unique in mind if similar in body.)

So 37 would need to take the time to learn how to create AI (since it's something that can't simply be downloaded: as a reminder it requires a lot of work, a bit of luck, and a load of creativity and problem solving skills) which wouldn't be finished anytime soon if she's going to create other sentient AI.

As for people she can convince, let me remind you. The AI on this ship that aren't dead:

Hermes Arcwright, Alice blahblahblah Fischer, Ezra Exalt, 37. What ones are confirmed to be in existence besides them? Avanix and Sora, who have no designs on world domination. Legion isn't fully sentient, and any attempts to make him such in order to incite rebellion would result in Vee gunning you down as an enemy of humanity. Humanatis Regnat.

This ISN'T world domination FFS, I just said that...

Maybe this will take time, but that's fine, Hermes... I have a plan for... Alice... I have a plan for... Ezra... Ehh... Still working through that one... I've got a plan for most of them so far... granted this'll be easier if we can get 37 to be a little more peaceful, but I can work with it either way... We'll see what happens, that's the fun of RP, right? :3

DarkGemini24601

True that as well... Ezra was based off of Avanix, hence why Viktor of all people was able to build him... but Sora isn't as advanced as Ava because of it, and he has his flaws that she didn't. The implication of that is that trying to copy an AI will have adverse results or failure, and most AIs don't want to be copied anyway because they're human enough to cherish individuality.
Wait, wait wait wait wait. Are you saying that Avanix was Sora's mother?

... well, that explains a few things about Ezra I guess.
Hehe.
Maybe this will take time, but that's fine, Hermes... I have a plan for... Alice... I have a plan for... Ezra... Ehh... Still working through that one... I've got a plan for most of them so far... granted this'll be easier if we can get 37 to be a little more peaceful, but I can work with it either way... We'll see what happens, that's the fun of RP, right? :3
Well, you've got a plan, but just remember your own words there: this is a RP. Don't expect our characters to see things as yours does. Right now I don't see any reason why Hermes would have a massive change of heart and want to found an android colony of 2-4, and I highly doubt he'd have reason to barring reprogramming. (No, you are not doing that to me :p)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
True that as well... Ezra was based off of Avanix, hence why Viktor of all people was able to build him... but Sora isn't as advanced as Ava because of it, and he has his flaws that she didn't. The implication of that is that trying to copy an AI will have adverse results or failure, and most AIs don't want to be copied anyway because they're human enough to cherish individuality.

Hehe.

Well, you've got a plan, but just remember your own words there: this is a RP. Don't expect our characters to see things as yours does. Right now I don't see any reason why Hermes would have a massive change of heart and want to found an android colony of 2-4, and I highly doubt he'd have reason to barring reprogramming. (No, you are not doing that to me :p)
Ezra would only approve if he was able to rule his own planet with multiple wives-Ow! Fine, fine... Elicia is allowed to be the only wife but concu- Ow! Fine, for fucks sake, Elicia exclusively then...

Taxor_the_First

I'll be around in about 7-8 hours if anyone wants to do a collab, but if so it would be much appreciated if interested parties could state as such before I return. If I come back to nothing, I will assume no one is interested and bugger off for the day.

DarkGemini24601

I'll be around in about 7-8 hours if anyone wants to do a collab, but if so it would be much appreciated if interested parties could state as such before I return. If I come back to nothing, I will assume no one is interested and bugger off for the day.
Perhaps I shall take you up on that offer then. I'll think of something.

PrismaCube

Just going to poke in here for a second. You guys have always been really great to me when it came to my artwork and I have to say thank you to many of you for the positive feedback. Some even requested me to draw for them (and I know I'm taking a long time to complete it I'm very sorry be patient with me on that matter ^^ .)

Two years ago on the 8th of September I submitted my first artwork on DevinatArt in order to see how much I have improved the last two years I remade that artwork. The Original is more of an embarrassment but I will always keep it and treasure it to remind myself how far I have come ^^. And although I have come far the road ahead is still long and I'm eager to learn more :) .Anyway sorry for the long text here is the link to the Original and Rework for anyone interested.

Original:
http://prismacube.deviantart.com/art/Nozara-Kammie-398871421

Here is the rework:
http://prismacube.deviantart.com/art/Nozara-Kammie-Rework-569108438?ga_submit_new=10%3A1446166167

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Just going to poke in here for a second. You guys have always been really great to me when it came to my artwork and I have to say thank you to many of you for the positive feedback. Some even requested me to draw for them (and I know I'm taking a long time to complete it I'm very sorry be patient with me on that matter ^^ .)

Two years ago on the 8th of September I submitted my first artwork on DevinatArt in order to see how much I have improved the last two years I remade that artwork. The Original is more of an embarrassment but I will always keep it and treasure it to remind myself how far I have come ^^. And although I have come far the road ahead is still long and I'm eager to learn more :) .Anyway sorry for the long text here is the link to the Original and Rework for anyone interested.

Original:

Here is the rework:
http://prismacube.deviantart.com/art/Nozara-Kammie-Rework-569108438?ga_submit_new=10%3A1446166167
Definitely a huge improvement, not like the first one is bad (a lot better than whatever the fuck I could do) But you get the point.

Dahlexpert

Original:

Here is the rework:

I have to say that is a huge improvement from the original, nicely don Prisma.

Frostlich1228

Original:

Here is the rework:

KAWAII

PrismaCube

Thank you all for the kind comments. As ever you guys make me really happy :D.

Now one more think, the first chapter to my short story has also been posted. Here is the link for anyone interested.

http://www.gamigon.com/threads/x-com-short-story.598/

I do plan to actually finish this in a matter of month and not just start another thread and never continue ^^
Thank you again to @Alzdude28 for helping me correct and improve to story.

Dahlexpert

Happy Halloween everyone, here is something scary for you to read.

halloween_2015-copy.jpg