X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Adrammalech

Yeah, seems like doing a LW RP would like be doing a Dwarf Fortress RP or something. Doesn't really matter, you're going to die quick anyway.

DarkGemini24601

And I love the fact that an XCOM movie was a thing. Was that your doing, Frost?

Even if it was probably dramatized, it still is good to see that things like that made people aware of the people that fought to protect Earth during the Ethereal Subjugation War.
I'm totally not imagining Atka as the star of the movie, why would I be a narcissist and do that? :cool:
Fine Desmond and Emily can be her co-stars along with the other MCs. :p

BMPixy

Even if it was probably dramatized, it still is good to see that things like that made people aware of the people that fought to protect Earth during the Ethereal Subjugation War.
I'm totally not imagining Atka as the star of the movie, why would I be a narcissist and do that? :cool:

I just hope a good director made that movie. Like space-Spielberg or space-Tarantino.

Call me a self-entitled prick all you like, but for some reason I'm envisioning it as Al being the main character of that movie, because he's the token white male who wasn't a massive traitor to humanity. And we all know how Hollywood likes their WASP protagonists.

Dahlexpert

If any one will be the star of a X-COM movie it will be Eva , she is the perfect action hero. she's corny gives shitty one liners, and is a bad ass that doesn't look at explosions, all she's missing is some chewing gum/ tooth pick and she be perfect.

DarkGemini24601

I just hope a good director made that movie. Like space-Spielberg or space-Tarantino.

Call me a self-entitled prick all you like, but for some reason I'm envisioning it as Al being the main character of that movie, because he's the token white male who wasn't a massive traitor to humanity. And we all know how Hollywood likes their WASP protagonists.
Implying Ammelia and Elene couldn't have just swam through their vaults for a moment to find a gold bar or two to fund the movie on their own. :D

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Implying Ammelia and Elene couldn't have just swam through their vaults for a moment to find a gold bar or two to fund the movie on their own. :D
You made me think of scrogge mcduck diving into a pile of gold coins...which hurt by the way...not like I...ahem have ever dumped a whole coffee can of pennies out when I was younger and flipped on them or anything...heh...heh...

Euan

I'm caught up with the RP thread for the first time in like ever :D I feel like I can actually write now lol.

Just a quick question cause I'm good at those is there a set "RP-to-real-life time conversion" or is it just kinda rough? (assuming the latter lol)

PrismaCube

I'm caught up with the RP thread for the first time in like ever :D I feel like I can actually write now lol.

Just a quick question cause I'm good at those is there a set "RP-to-real-life time conversion" or is it just kinda rough? (assuming the latter lol)

You mean something like google docs?

PrismaCube

By the way I have a question for you all. Throught history many nations have risen and fallen, from nothing to greatness and from greatness to history. (expect German, damn they were always great ((Germanic Tribe, Holy Roman Empire, Prussia (meh), Thrid Reich (did some bad stuff but it restored Germany to its original glory) , Europe (Germany pretty much carries Europe) xD, don't judge me look it up the only unimportant time was during prussia when it was france's time to shine, and germany grew potatoes :3).

anBBPB5_700b_v2.jpg

ANYWAY! My point was not to shine out the glory of germany, guess I failed there but in history great nations changed the bigger they got. Just like Farmers and Kaisers you got Tribes and Empires. My Question is, what is more superior than an Empire? For example imagine, the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire or the Holy Roman Empire control of the entire world. Would that not be an Empire but something even greater?

(United Nations does not count, because compared to empires united nations are lower, in history united nations were usally weaker than Empires, for example Prussia, England, France. The only once that would make a small diffrence that could compare to an Empire would be USA and the Soviet Union.)

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

I mean like a day irl is two days RP time or something XD
You mind reading monstrosity... alright, here's the deal. :p

Tomorrow the Einherjar will set sail. That means today spans the 20th, 21st, and very early 22nd in-RP.

From Friday until I make an announcement otherwise, each real life day will count for two days within the story. (I'll repeat that in the story thread on Friday so everyone gets a chance to see it.)

Alzdude28

Would anyone like to do a collaboration later today? I'd be up for doing something with any of my characters. (To clarify that's Al - soldier, Hide - Pilot and Brienne - engineer.)

PM me if you're interested.

Adrammalech

By the way I have a question for you all. Throught history many nations have risen and fallen, from nothing to greatness and from greatness to history. (expect German, damn they were always great ((Germanic Tribe, Holy Roman Empire, Prussia (meh), Thrid Reich (did some bad stuff but it restored Germany to its original glory) , Europe (Germany pretty much carries Europe) xD, don't judge me look it up the only unimportant time was during prussia when it was france's time to shine, and germany grew potatoes :3).

ANYWAY! My point was not to shine out the glory of germany, guess I failed there but in history great nations changed the bigger they got. Just like Farmers and Kaisers you got Tribes and Empires. My Question is, what is more superior than an Empire? For example imagine, the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire or the Holy Roman Empire control of the entire world. Would that not be an Empire but something even greater?

(United Nations does not count, because compared to empires united nations are lower, in history united nations were usally weaker than Empires, for example Prussia, England, France. The only once that would make a small diffrence that could compare to an Empire would be USA and the Soviet Union.)

Empire's pretty much the highest. Maybe a new word will come about for a unified Earth should it ever come to pass, but usually we use "Empire" even with fantasy galactic entities.