X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

But trying to save the topic since it was utterly derailed, we do NOT welcome our alien overlords. Remember, they kill any old people that don't like their rule to solidify it.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
But trying to save the topic since it was utterly derailed, we do NOT welcome our alien overlords. Remember, they kill any old people that don't like their rule to solidify it.
And I agree. It is a totalitarian controller that paints a pretty picture, but scratch just beneath the surface, and you find the evil that is barely hidden. Like... Big Brother... or Shinra...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
She's a heretic monstrosity that wouldn't have any place in ADVENT's new order. RIP. The Ethereal Overseers that won't be returning are among those that were deemed useless or otherwise atrocious.
Like Gula and Acedia... poor Acedia... hopefully, she'll get a chance to escape. Perhaps one of the favorable Ethereals will help her do so.

And Gula... dead. Deadski. Deado. Cadaverrific.

Frostlich1228

She's a heretic monstrosity that wouldn't have any place in ADVENT's new order. RIP. The Ethereal Overseers that won't be returning are among those that were deemed useless or otherwise atrocious.

Well, what if... she escaped...?

Maybe she's on the run, hiding out sort of how X-com is. :)

DarkGemini24601

Also, does anyone want me to include any of their Story of Defiance characters in the original XCOM that gets defeated in 2018? Most of them will die, though I might allow one or two to escape death with the next Commander. (Scarlet is already there and marked for death :p)

Adrammalech

Also in 203X Luxuria wouldn't have been captured, therefore she would be completely different from 90% of SoD (obsessive, arrogant megalomaniac who would likely be halfway insane from 20 years of pet projects failing). Though if you're really so sick of her, you can just replace her with some other chocoholic.

DarkGemini24601

(obsessive, arrogant megalomaniac who would likely be halfway insane from 20 years of pet projects failing).
So no longer useful or an Overseer. Maybe she could be demoted to Watcher or some other role, though.
Though if you're really so sick of her, you can just replace her with some other chocoholic.
Harsh. :p But in all seriousness, Luxuria might make a comeback if she retains her usefulness (if she just goes nuts she'd be put down like a sick dog) but either way we have a new Asia Overseer.

DarkGemini24601

Also, does anyone want me to include any of their Story of Defiance characters in the original XCOM that gets defeated in 2018? Most of them will die, though I might allow one or two to escape death with the next Commander. (Scarlet is already there and marked for death :p)
I regret quoting myself, but incase anymore missed this, this is the current general question. I'm writing something of a prologue for XCOM2: Liberation of Terra and to do it I'd like to know if there are any characters that aren't reserved for 2039.

(This is an alternate universe created from distortions from Buniq coming from the past in the main timeline, the distortions centered around 2019-2039. People can be born at different times, so some characters from Season 1 can be reused in 2039, or if you don't want them reused they can die in 2018 when XCOM is defeated a la failed base defense.)