X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Euan

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

I find this mildly exciting.

Frostlich1228

I don't care if they took our stuff. :p

It's an honor if anything. But mhaybe they could give us a plug... Mhaybe? Get a few more people to the site. :)

DarkGemini24601

3c1.jpg

images_(2).jpg

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Notes on XSDF Biographies:

1. I will likely be waiting a week or two to put up an actual bio page, as I know there are still a number of official bios that I still need to see.
  2. Keep your characters on a realistic stance, and if something is a bit out there, make it lean more towards Sci-fi then Fantasy.
  3. If your character is to be a member of XSDF, make sure they have an actual reason to be there. I don't want a repeat of the same story of course, but there should be a reason a soldier chose XSDF over a local army, or a reason an engineer or lab tech chose this over a regular industry. It can be anything from a personal drive to job security to access to their tech. It can be as complicated something personal or as simple as gain, as long as something is there.
  4. An alternative is someone contracted as civilian staff, trading less loyalty to the XSDF and less responsibility for less access to certain parts of the ship or certain materials. Another possibility is workers for Forseti using the ship as a means of passage.
  5. Regardless of the character type, reason for being there, title, or additional features, all characters need to be approved of me. If changes are requested, I need to see the part of the bio with said changes.
  6. If your characters have secrets, secrets that you wish to keep our of their bio, that is okay. However, if said secrets have even the slightest story changing implications, I need them shared privately with me. Please don't hide things from me for the sake of surprise at the risk of rejection. Remember, I can keep a secret.
  7. If you have a character that is approved and you wish to share them, feel free to show them off here for now. I know I intend to do so, maybe even one or two today.
  8. Repeating something said earlier, if you have several characters, make one or two your main and others secondary. Running more then two mains is incredibly taxing, and I don't want to tell someone to completely drop a character because they are clearly overwhelmed.
  9. Remember to ask questions, especially if you see a non-human race you think you might want to play. I'll try to answer questions whenever I'm free.
  10. Don't feel pressured to have your characters ready now. We won't be starting for a while now, and a rushed character isn't what any of us want. And if you want to change something about an already approved character, that's fine as long as you run it by me first.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

I have one of my characters done, though i'm pretty sure through out the series she will be changing. As do most of my characters do.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well, as I said, I'll show one of my characters. I show this one first since he is male, unusual for me, non-human, an engineer (which I've seen three from you guys, so here is a coworker), and... well, he is the first of my characters alphabetically.

Name: Bɒkɒ
Title/Role: Engineering Officer
DoB: Sept. 12th, 2033
Sex: Male
Place of Birth: XSDF Supra Battleship "Starfield"
Race/Nationality: Baʒir, Tatota
Height: 1.14 meters (3'9")
Weight: 45.81 kg (101 lbs)
Eye Color: Yellow
Immediate Family: Tini (Alpha Female), 9 Brothers and 2 sisters
Place of Residence before XSDF: The Starfield

Appearance:
Like his kin, Bɒkɒ looks similar to an anthropomorphic Earth cockroach, with a reddish-brown carapace and six legs, the front four of which can act as arms. Bɒkɒ's race of Baʒir, the Tatota, have eyes that are closer to humanoid eyes then compound, and Bɒkɒ is the one out of ten Tatota that have usable wings, though he can only use them for a few minutes at a time.

Personality:
Like most Baʒir, Bɒkɒ is easily intimidated and frightful. He is well aware of how unpopular his race is because of their appearance, and prefers to remain away from crowds if possible. He is, however, the largest and strongest of his unusually runtish family, and must be slightly braver to look after his siblings when his group's Alpha is away. The only time you will see Bɒkɒ truly acting brave is when he is standing up for his family.

Biography:
Bɒkɒ was born on the Starfield, along with his dozen siblings, and given the freedom to work aboard the ship, or go off to do anything else he wished, at the age of four. Like his siblings, like about 90% of Baʒir, Bɒkɒ chose to stick with the ship he was raised on. He proved himself quite adapt at engineering, smarter then most male Baʒir, with a near photographic memory and the ability to easily multitask. He quite enjoys his work, and would love to do it for his entire life.

Two year ago, his aging mother/alpha female died, and his strongest sister took her place as the new alpha. Tini prefers not to bring outside Baʒir into their pack, wanting to keep it all family. This is not unusual, but it is problematic for Bɒkɒ. Tini is an excellent alpha, and works hard to care for her siblings. Perhaps a little too hard, as she has always had a weak constitution, and gets sick easily, often without informing anyone.

Bɒkɒ is naturally concerned about losing his sister out of love and respect, but it is more personal for him. With Tini reluctant to bring in outsiders, and Bɒkɒ's sisters currently unfit to take Tini's place, Bɒkɒ will have to become the new alpha female should she die. Not only does he not want to change his sex, rather enjoying being male and unable to change back if he does, he enjoys his independent work, something he will lose if he has to become the pack leader.

Bɒkɒ applied to be an official XSDF engineer on the Einherjar to assist those who have provided his family with a home, but it was also to give himself an official title instead of simply being a civilian staff member, hoping to dissuade Tini from expecting him to take her place. While Baʒir usually aren't officer material, and are usually hired as independent, civilian contractors, Bɒkɒ was given a probationary period to assess if he can make it as an engineering officer. If he makes it, he will be the first official Baʒir member of the XSDF.

Whether this will work to dissuade Tini remains to be seen, as a need for new civilian engineers on the Einherjar resulted in Bɒkɒ's entire pack coming with him. Currently, he works with his other two sisters, Nana and Teefa, in the hopes of building them up to take Tini's place.

Special Notes:
Bɒkɒ has minor blue psionics, but has only manifested ESP, and it is unlikely his psionics will expand far beyond that, even if artificially unlocked.

While intimidated by them like the other non-Baʒir, Bɒkɒ has a lot of respect for humans, and has tried, on a very limited basis, to open up a dialogue with them, his minor blue psionics allowing him a limited amount of telepathy. He is especially interested in Japanese people, if only to find out why they always smile when they say his name.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Well, as I said, I'll show one of my characters. I show this one first since he is male, unusual for me, non-human, an engineer (which I've seen three from you guys, so here is a coworker), and... well, he is the first of my characters alphabetically.

Name: Bɒkɒ
Title/Role: Engineering Officer
DoB: Sept. 12th, 2033
Sex: Male
Place of Birth: XSDF Supra Battleship "Starfield"
Race/Nationality: Baʒir, Tatota
Height: 1.14 meters (3'9")
Weight: 45.81 kg (101 lbs)
Eye Color: Yellow
Immediate Family: Tini (Alpha Female), 9 Brothers and 2 sisters
Place of Residence before XSDF: The Starfield

Appearance:
Like his kin, Bɒkɒ looks similar to an anthropomorphic Earth cockroach, with a reddish-brown carapace and six legs, the front four of which can act as arms. Bɒkɒ's race of Baʒir, the Tatota, have eyes that are closer to humanoid eyes then compound, and Bɒkɒ is the one out of ten Tatota that have usable wings, though he can only use them for a few minutes at a time.

Personality:
Like most Baʒir, Bɒkɒ is easily intimidated and frightful. He is well aware of how unpopular his race is because of their appearance, and prefers to remain away from crowds if possible. He is, however, the largest and strongest of his unusually runtish family, and must be slightly braver to look after his siblings when his group's Alpha is away. The only time you will see Bɒkɒ truly acting brave is when he is standing up for his family.

Biography:
Bɒkɒ was born on the Starfield, along with his dozen siblings, and given the freedom to work aboard the ship, or go off to do anything else he wished, at the age of four. Like his siblings, like about 90% of Baʒir, Bɒkɒ chose to stick with the ship he was raised on. He proved himself quite adapt at engineering, smarter then most male Baʒir, with a near photographic memory and the ability to easily multitask. He quite enjoys his work, and would love to do it for his entire life.

Two year ago, his aging mother/alpha female died, and his strongest sister took her place as the new alpha. Tini prefers not to bring outside Baʒir into their pack, wanting to keep it all family. This is not unusual, but it is problematic for Bɒkɒ. Tini is an excellent alpha, and works hard to care for her siblings. Perhaps a little too hard, as she has always had a weak constitution, and gets sick easily, often without informing anyone.

Bɒkɒ is naturally concerned about losing his sister out of love and respect, but it is more personal for him. With Tini reluctant to bring in outsiders, and Bɒkɒ's sisters currently unfit to take Tini's place, Bɒkɒ will have to become the new alpha female should she die. Not only does he not want to change his sex, rather enjoying being male and unable to change back if he does, he enjoys his independent work, something he will lose if he has to become the pack leader.

Bɒkɒ applied to be an official XSDF engineer on the Einherjar to assist those who have provided his family with a home, but it was also to give himself an official title instead of simply being a civilian staff member, hoping to dissuade Tini from expecting him to take her place. While Baʒir usually aren't officer material, and are usually hired as independent, civilian contractors, Bɒkɒ was given a probationary period to assess if he can make it as an engineering officer. If he makes it, he will be the first official Baʒir member of the XSDF.

Whether this will work to dissuade Tini remains to be seen, as a need for new civilian engineers on the Einherjar resulted in Bɒkɒ's entire pack coming with him. Currently, he works with his other two sisters, Nana and Teefa, in the hopes of building them up to take Tini's place.

Special Notes:
Bɒkɒ has minor blue psionics, but has only manifested ESP, and it is unlikely his psionics will expand far beyond that, even if artificially unlocked.

While intimidated by them like the other non-Baʒir, Bɒkɒ has a lot of respect for humans, and has tried, on a very limited basis, to open up a dialogue with them, his minor blue psionics allowing him a limited amount of telepathy. He is especially interested in Japanese people, if only to find out why they always smile when they say his name.

Thanks for this Zombie, I needed a good example for my bio.