X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
What "various legit reasons"? Plenty of people with a solid application were not taken for season 4, and let's not forget about the lack of activity that season had after only a few weeks in. Lowering the number of roleplayers instead of increasing it would be absurd and counterproductive.
My theory on that is that some of the new people that got let in may have had no idea what to do and got so lost they gave up all together. Luckily some of the newcomers stayed on and most of the experienced rpers stayed as well. I think a way to remedy this is after the cast is announced give us a couple of weeks on the forums to greet and discuss our characters so we get more invested on a personal level and get the friendship/rivalries thought about so it is easier for some of us to transition from the normal think tank ideas into the actual rp. I hope this makes sense lol.

Adrammalech

Hell yeah, I've been cheering on EG and I'm really glad to see them make it into the top two.
Indeed, hopefully they cut a swath through the upper bracket so there's not a two Chinese final. After Liquid rocked all those top tier teams on day 1, I was hoping they'd make lower bracket at least, but oh well.

What "various legit reasons"? Plenty of people with a solid application were not taken for season 4, and let's not forget about the lack of activity that season had after only a few weeks in. Lowering the number of roleplayers instead of increasing it would be absurd and counterproductive.
What if next season Odd messaged people to accept their selection before they're announced? That would give a chance to replace people who don't log in after applying, or have become too busy in the time between applications and selections.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I still like the idea of keeping an even balance of experienced veterns and newbies, maybe half and half. And when a new soldier is added, maybe that person can get a week to confirm they are still interested, and if they don't get back to Odd, he passes the new soldier on to the next RPer.

PrismaCube

But, their is also the problem that once they do start to RP, that they wont just stop in the middle, I had that problem too, where I wanted to Co-op with somebody and he only wrote like once every 3 weeks, by then I was already dead so wtf.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
But, their is also the problem that once they do start to RP, that they wont just stop in the middle, I had that problem too, where I wanted to Co-op with somebody and he only wrote like once every 3 weeks, by then I was already dead so wtf.
you werent truly dead to be honest

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I did, however, have a plan for my character, in which while working in the containment lab, she has a brief exchange of words with a captured Thin Man, who laughs at her naivety when she states that the Thin Man will be okay if he cooperates, telling her that she's foolish to believe her superiors would be so lenient. This adds to her worry about how unethical X-COM is becoming, and fear that they are becoming just like the enemies they are fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.