X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

I never understood why it takes a laser weapon almost two hits on a sectoid to kill it on impossibe but zhang goes and pulls this shit...

shoots-sectoid-with.jpg
It's the pistol from halo

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
And then they give him the one class that can't use pistols.
I know I wish they had made it where you could choose the class he could be instead of making him the one class you always have to much of. I once had a game where out of 30 troops, 22 were heavies, 4 were assaults, 3 supports and 1 sniper it sucked.

PrismaCube

I know I wish they had made it where you could choose the class he could be instead of making him the one class you always have to much of. I once had a game where out of 30 troops, 22 were heavies, 4 were assaults, 3 supports and 1 sniper it sucked.

Yeah there is always enough of what you do not need and a struggle on what you do need.

Taxor_the_First

I once had a game where out of 30 troops, 22 were heavies, 4 were assaults, 3 supports and 1 sniper it sucked.
I had the opposite on my last Classic Ironman runthrough. I had an excess of Snipers, and in my desperation for other classes, I took 3 Rookies on a mission to try and get a Support. Then this happened:
upload_2014-7-10_11-54-32.png

The reward for the mission complete was a Captain level Sniper. You could consider me annoyed.
Mind you, Zhang, O'Carrol and Mansoor went on to the Temple Ship, and I almost brought Ghaffar too.
And in posting this I only just noticed the mission name. That concept will not leave my head.

Adrammalech

I've seen some Long War w/ Enemy Within videos popping up around my suggestions, does anyone who follows it diligently know if it's stable enough for a potential season now? I'm itching for more writing challenges. :3

Also, anyone else watching the International? Competition is wonderfully tight this year.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
I've seen some Long War w/ Enemy Within videos popping up around my suggestions, does anyone who follows it diligently know if it's stable enough for a potential season now? I'm itching for more writing challenges. :3

Also, anyone else watching the International? Competition is wonderfully tight this year.
From the lets plays I have seen the mod looks pretty stable though keep in mind that mods come with bugs but no major game breakers from what i have seen

Dahlexpert

So I've been thinking about the long war mod and season 5,since the long war mod adds six soldiers right off the bat, and will later on get a wimping twelve later in the game.
I was thinking, do we get to make multiple characters. Since the long war mod adds so many soldiers, can we make two soldiers a soldier engineer,and so on also I need to mention this last season I asked Odd can we make characters that work in the med bay, and he liked the idea so assuming he remembers it we might get to make doctor characters.

Suryce

Game Master
Given the huge number of people who wanted to join the previous seasons, two characters for one person seems like an obvious no-no to me.

Dahlexpert

Given the huge number of people who wanted to join the previous seasons, two characters for one person seems like an obvious no-no to me.

Yes, we do get a lot of people that sigh up for each season, but even though we get a lot of people that sign up about a quarter of them actually do the roleplaying.

Gahlo

Hell yeah, I've been cheering on EG and I'm really glad to see them make it into the top two.
To daisy chain onto the conversation- Not really, I'm only watching the TL and C9 games. I'm a league guy personally, but I've been a TL fan since Brood War and a C9 fan since the organization's inception, so I figured why not at least root for them and watch the fireworks.

Proud of TL for getting as far as they did.

Yes, we do get a lot of people that sigh up for each season, but even though we get a lot of people that sign up about a quarter of them actually do the roleplaying.
And usually for various legit reasons.

Suryce

Game Master
What "various legit reasons"? Plenty of people with a solid application were not taken for season 4, and let's not forget about the lack of activity that season had after only a few weeks in. Lowering the number of roleplayers instead of increasing it would be absurd and counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.