X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I Prefer the Sentient Cloud :/
You know you're getting old when references from the younger people start going over your head, and all of your references start going over everyone else's heads.

This is what I get for spending my youth studying Bistromatics, Recipriversexclusons, the Somebody Else's Problem field, and Happy Vertical Peoples Transporters. Damn it, where did I put my towel...

Squee913

The Whole Idea of Fixed Squads sounds really fun! You get Grouped up with 5 other people and you'll have to make friends with them in order to survive and complete the mission, It would also make soldier deaths much, much Sadder because the person has covered you in firefights time and time again and then the Commander throws a new guy into your Well-Knit group and you're suppost to just accept it. It Sounds like it has so much potential for some great Rp! :D
Actually, it's more like 10 people. The mod starts with 6 man squads and you can unlock up to 8 man squads. Given that some will be wounded and you are looking at at least a 10 man squad. Hell, if you research the right things, you can take 10 men on alien base missions (of which there are multiple) and 12 men on the last mission. Before you start shouting OP, I promise you... the baddies step up their game in this mod. 8 man squads are a must.

Frostlich1228

You know you're getting old when references from the younger people start going over your head, and all of your references start going over everyone else's heads.

This is what I get for spending my youth studying Bistromatics, Recipriversexclusons, the Somebody Else's Problem field, and Happy Vertical Peoples Transporters. Damn it, where did I put my towel...

Well, I've been a Gamer for a Very long time, So I know a lot of Video Game references that you probably don't know, But Unlike you, I know very few References when it comes to Movies and TV, Except for the Ones everybody knows that is. :/
By the way, that particular reference was from Portal 2, just in case you were curious :p

PrismaCube

Yeah I already watched all Squee LP on Long War, if you ever do Season 3 I will be there :D (But please I'm still waiting on the next episode :mad:)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well, I've been a Gamer for a Very long time, So I know a lot of Video Game references that you probably don't know, But Unlike you, I know very few References when it comes to Movies and TV, Except for the Ones everybody knows that is. :/
By the way, that particular reference was from Portal 2, just in case you were curious :p
Must be from the DLC. Never got to play that one.

Suryce

Game Master
Nice to see you here, Squee! Your roleplay has been mentioned a few times around here.
Did you like Season 4? Any impression on the roleplay here? :D

Squee913

I think people were too hard on The commander. This is not an easy game. Hell, I have inferno to remind me when I am about to do something stupid. Christopher has no such help.

As for the role play, there is some damn good stuff here! I wish there was more interaction between RPers. It feels less like a family when all you read are journals. However, that be just what you guys prefer, and if so, more power to ya! ;)

Hell, Might even apply for season 5. Might be nice to be a role player instead of the one getting them all killed for once.

PrismaCube

I think people were too hard on The commander. This is not an easy game. Hell, I have inferno to remind me when I am about to do something stupid. Christopher has no such help.

As for the role play, there is some damn good stuff here! I wish there was more interaction between RPers. It feels less like a family when all you read are journals. However, that be just what you guys prefer, and if so, more power to ya! ;)

Hell, Might even apply for season 5. Might be nice to be a role player instead of the one getting them all killed for once.

That was Season 4, in Season 3 we were like a family.

Squee913

It might be helpful in season 5 to utilize a google document to encourage collaboration and organization. One of my guys thought of it and it has been instrumental in knowing who goes where and allowing people to role play together without actually having to be at the same place at the same time. They also had resource on it to help others role play, like technical specs for X-com weapons, armor, field medicine, and aircraft. Take a look and see what I mean:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1138XM-gZlp2mn-T49ssdIucJ2mM6Siw8aQ30isunJBg/edit#

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
It's uploading as I speak, so you will get to watch it today some time.
I just watched the first video, and I have to say, I'm impressed. You have quite the talent for role playing and story telling. I look foward to watching the rest, and I too hope I can gain a place in your season three. Tell me, have you had schooling in some field of entertainment, or is it just natural talent?

Squee913

I just watched the first video, and I have to say, I'm impressed. You have quite the talent for role playing and story telling. I look foward to watching the rest, and I too hope I can gain a place in your season three. Tell me, have you had schooling in some field of entertainment, or is it just natural talent?

Why thank you! I have some acting experience, but most of it is just years of Let's Playing and Video Game Role Playing. I have a very long running Oblivion/Skyrim Let's Play where I role Play an elf. It has taught me a crap ton about making good characters.

Keep in mind, however, that I do all the Xcom role play in the forum threads. I feel that trying to role play as the commander while also trying to keep everyone alive would be a problem. I am sure a few of Christopher's mistakes were due to trying to stay in character and assess the field at the same time(though I give him mad props for doing it). So, while I do very detailed role plays on the Forums, Inferno and I just concentrate on the mission in the video.

Annnnnnd... I just read you Signature. I am glad I am not the only one that knows that spell by heart XD

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Annnnnnd... I just read you Signature. I am glad I am not the only one that knows that spell by heart XD
I'm just glad to find someone who even knows what that spell is.
Dragon Slave.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.