X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxor_the_First

In the wise words of Smash Bros pros... "Just don't get hit." XD
I like this strategy.
... how does taking an item that can prevent your soldiers from dying makes little tactical sense?
Taking it is fine. Knowing when to use it, now there's the trick. Is it better to save it for later and risk this weaker individual getting shot down, or use it now to save them but risk someone bleeding out later?
Decisions, decisions.

PrismaCube

Might I say the best moment is when your best and only medics get shot and has three turns left to life, and noone else in the team has a medkid with them to stabilize... Happends to often, now I never leave base unless there are two medic's or atleast two soldiers have a medkid :D

Hokucho

I was also throwing ideas around involving many key elements of XCom to Odd between episodes. I'm excited to see what I can do here next season...

Might I say the best moment is when your best and only medics get shot and has three turns left to life, and noone else in the team has a medkid with them to stabilize... Happends to often, now I never leave base unless there are two medic's or atleast two soldiers have a medkid :D
Or just take one medic and a lot of guys who can take hits, like a mec with repair servos and damage control.

Taxor_the_First

If the rules are anything like they were last season? NO. According to those rules, The Bureau doesn't even come into play.

It's probably best to wait until the actual season is starting before asking such questions anyway. They'll likely be answered, again, in the rules, e.g.: no contact with aliens beforehand. My own original idea for Isaac (for those who haven't read my application, that was his name) was to have him receive a contract for Zhang, and arrive to see the Skyranger leaving, and a few rather angry Thin Men. Would have worked nicely if Isaac had come in after that mission, because then he'd have known about the aliens and tried to find out what he could about them, which either would have led him to X-COM or lead X-COM to him. No aliens? Scrapped that.
In hindsight, probably would have been a good idea to read the rules of previous seasons (being a viewer, I skipped over them) to get an idea of what would be being planned, and thus what I could start planning. Now that I know what sort of thing is admissible, I know what restrictions I can place around my next character.

Basically: Familiarize yourself with previous seasons. AND WAIT PATIENTLY, dammit.

... wow. That was not supposed to be as long or sound as much like a lecture as it did.

S

Sarge-Pepper

It just sends an email for the first post after either your latest post, or since the last time you went into the thread and viewed the latest post.

It's a pretty good way to prevent a flood of spam through the box. Once I see the email, i just quick check what happened, then go about my business. Then a new email pops up the next time someone replies.

If i don't check, i get no more emails until I check. ::shrugs:: It works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.