X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue08

Man for this season, talk about excalating quickly, some was bad mistakes and some was bad luck (Lemarque in particular). I guess I can at least become a soldier for the first time, excited about that. I hope season 5 goes 10x smoother.

Hokucho

Odd said that the length between episodes was a bit jarring... Perhaps when he clears some of his XCom and other series he can do maybe 2 or 3 episodes a week? # would be a bit much I think but 2 would be a fair pace to keep things going I believe. Thoughts anyone? (side note: I just wanna make my new soldier right meow!)

Adrammalech

I hope there is a season 5, I already have a character made--I mean, I had the utmost faith in our team. This loss was completely unexpected. :3

But yeah, this might not be the most popular series in the world, but it is the most unique and interactive experience I have on all of YT, and I hope it sticks around. Next season, I hope the people waiting in the wings can post at least one journal an episode, even if they're not recruited. I really think that's what kinda slowed the activity towards the middle bits there.

Hokucho

Well if they werent fighting they were supposed to post regardless about other personal goings on and such, but yeah, let everyone who passes in and post instead of just having a body there to count for it would make everyone happy.

Buuuut in my oppinion, the sooner the better! Id just as soon say start the next season recruitment almost ASAP, give it maybe... 2-4 weeks and start again?

Taxor_the_First

2. Is a spy with multiple personality disorder.
... Why is that such a popular quirk? Both Zombie and myself had that last season (well, the applications did. Never eventuated. BTW, would that be considered "applying for multiple characters"? Best get that cleared up before risking that again.)

Makes sense in hindsight, considering who our Glorious Leader is.
GODAMMIT MAN. I was gonna say that! Admittedly, I was going to riddle ye this, but still.
You know what they say. Great minds...

Gahlo

... Why is that such a popular quirk? Both Zombie and myself had that last season (well, the applications did. Never eventuated. BTW, would that be considered "applying for multiple characters"? Best get that cleared up before risking that again.)
Because it's a popular "flaw."

GODAMMIT MAN. I was gonna say that! Admittedly, I was going to riddle ye this, but still.
You know what they say. Great minds...
Finish each others sandwiches?

Suryce

Game Master
Odd said that the length between episodes was a bit jarring... Perhaps when he clears some of his XCom and other series he can do maybe 2 or 3 episodes a week? # would be a bit much I think but 2 would be a fair pace to keep things going I believe. Thoughts anyone? (side note: I just wanna make my new soldier right meow!)

That's basically what I was going to suggest too. Two episodes per week, and if possible without other XCOM series going on at the same time. Especially if Chris does use the Long War Mod, since it makes everything... longer.

JuliaMaluca said:
I really would like to apply as the base priest, but I'm afraid with the time gaps between me and you, co-oping would be a bit tedious. Still like the idea, though.

I live in France and I probably have a big time difference with most people here, but I could manage the collaborations through private conversations this season as long as I checked for new messages everyday and didn't waste time answering them.
Though I have to admit that doing as many collaborations as I did was becoming kind of a chore sometimes. So another suggestion would be to simply choose wisely when you want to do a co-op or not.

By the way, a priest? That sounds interesting, but in term of coherence, I'm not sure why XCOM would employ a priest, even more since it's an international organization, with employees coming from everywhere in the world and hence who will almost certainly have different religious beliefs from one another. Maybe a religious soldier who takes on this role informally would be more coherent?

PrismaCube

Maybe we could do some more Alien Rp next season! >: )

I asked Odd if I could do something diffrent and roleplay as the Exalt Leader :p

He seemed to like the idea

EDIT: Although then I would have to let my character Stacy go :p.
But I thought man that would be fun, just writting about the frustration of losing to xcom and such, breaking the limit and such and maybe even discovering the sectoid cloning thingy, (just a thought since the EXALT people all look the same...)

Last edited:

PrismaCube

If anyone is interested in how I would do this whole Exalt leader thing here is a sneak peek.
Warning this is but a draft, a lot could change in order to fit into the story and liking of the Commander. Also it must sound professional :D

EXALT SUBJECT #00000

Name: Lüsett (Lucette) Exalt
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brunette
Eye Color: Genetically enhanced (Yellow)
Height: 5,8 ft
Weight: 56.8 kg

Subject Original Zero known by the name of "Lüsett (Lucette) Exalt".

Lüsett was born into the Rich Exalt family. The family is known for their help in the creation of the Atomic bomb. The First Space Shuttle to the moon and the international space station. The Exalt family always carried smart and ambitious members. Lüsett was one of the most ambitious we have know so far. She helped in the advancement of cloning animals, thanks to her it was possible to clone human organs which helped the medical educational system and health care across the world by a leap of several years advancement. She created the first self learning Virtual Intelligence and even 3D holographic were invented by her. Some call her the "da Vinci" of our time. Lüsett is however sometimes called crazy, she is a Alien fanatic and seeks out these Aliens, always talks about the weak and easily manipulated mind of the human, she seeks to enhance the Human to great strengths willing to sacrifice humanity to gain enhancement. Many volunteers have died and turned into abominations by her, it seems although she has a great mind she lacks the material to use her great mind on.

Last edited:

summerjuliet

I had a blast with everyone (well, all of you who were still alive)! My last journal will go up in a few hours, and I'm already planning a character for next season (thinking of doing a doctor on base--someone's got to be patching you soldiers up).
I really hope everyone comes back again next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.