X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you all died via crysallid. That means you all became zombies, then sprouted into alien monsters. At least those of you who weren't gunned down while still in the zombie state.

Hokucho

Ya know what? Youre totally right, I derp'd! So it's confirmed that the dead become aliens huh? I haven't delved deep.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hey you were the one on top of the truck, I was the OG Zombie and gorefest aperantly shot me down with his Sniper/Pistol. Even though he put me down I cant help but laugh at that glitch

S

Sarge-Pepper

Soooo, after watching that, I am changing my opinion on a reboot. At the risk of inspiring the ire of the roleplayers who are yet to come, seriously don't think that with home team nearly dissolved, and several members of the council almost gone, that this game is going to last much longer.

However, i propose that we start again, with the lessons learned from this game to be carried to the next. Open up the posts to everyone, keep the one post limit, and include more of the RP in the videos. I think the game, at least on the RP side, will have a much better time staying fresh and consistent.

But that's just me.

Dragonivon

Soooo, after watching that, I am changing my opinion on a reboot. At the risk of inspiring the ire of the roleplayers who are yet to come, seriously don't think that with home team nearly dissolved, and several members of the council almost gone, that this game is going to last much longer.

However, i propose that we start again, with the lessons learned from this game to be carried to the next. Open up the posts to everyone, keep the one post limit, and include more of the RP in the videos. I think the game, at least on the RP side, will have a much better time staying fresh and consistent.

But that's just me.

I think it will become clear if the season is hosed or not in the next episode or two. Once things start to go downhill, they go downhill FAST. I think it's possible that it can be saved but it's gonna take some herculean effort. I'm having a blast writing for Zhang but if this season gets cut short I'll understand. Though I may try out for Zhang again with the hopes he can have a full season of development next time.

I agree that the one-post limit has merit, especially with some players in the past wanting to overpost to a degree it becomes daunting, though personally I'd say a two-post limit might be good too for those special situations where more than one thing happens and you want to write about more. Opening the forums to all can help too, or at least give everyone something to do even if they aren't the ones on the missions itself. Perhaps the writers could create side-RP events to be discussed on other threads. Like Chen's chinese-food night idea was great, but I thought it would be good if we could have a few days of everyone open posting that event creating more cross-interaction instead of just one-on-one RP.

I'd also like some RP posts from ChristopherOdd during the season, if for no other reason to discuss handing out medals and why or sending accolades or admonishments for some of the angles RP takes. But I know his plate is full with making videos, just a humble suggestion fearless leader.

S

Sarge-Pepper

I'd also like some RP posts from ChristopherOdd during the season, if for no other reason to discuss handing out medals and why or sending accolades or admonishments for some of the angles RP takes. But I know his plate is full with making videos, just a humble suggestion fearless leader.

While i think this is an amazing idea, I don't think that would come to fruition. Mostly because of all of the other streaming games he does, it just seems like he wouldn't have the time to keep up with it like most of us do. Expecially when this is quite literally, his job. I know the last thing i want to do when i get home is fix someone's broken computer, and i think the same logic would apply here where he's not gonna want to write about what had happened when he just played it.

And he already admitted that he doesn't re-watch his videos, so he'd probably miss details from the other posts that would piss people off.

ACisHere

hey screw u buddy at least i was on the front line but considering i was fucked up by those things i am jelous i wasnt on top of the truck

At first I wondered if perhaps the game could be abused by having all team members take up all the available squares on the truck cab roof. My thought was the difference in height between the cab roof and the truck's back roof would save the team from melee attacks (the cab roof was already proving more than adequate against the zombies). As it turns out, a chryssalid proved that doesn't work with such a small height difference between squares. For a second, though, I thought it could save them.

Gahlo

As a roleplayer, that's something you shouldn't be ever saying about your character. o_O And that still doesn't prevent you from having him do other stuff anyway.
Maybe you shouldn't tell people how they should play their characters, yeah?

Frostlich1228

Your Post Mortem post was Great Prisma! I love how you used my Broodmother Idea :p

But one thing that a lot of people misunderstood when I was describing my whole Broodmother Headcanon in season 3 is that I said it was like a Cryssalid Queen...

Most people Assumed I meant an Insect Queen that gives birth to it's children, but that's not entirely what I meant, I meant like a Monarch Queen, a Queen that controls from the Back and issues orders to it's Soldiers, The Broodmother Doesn't Birth Cryssalid, They do that Themselves, instead it uses it's Psionic powers to establish a Hive Mind with the Rest of it's Soldiers so they move and kill as a Obedient, Thinking force that the Alien Leaders can use effectively. This is why it's almost impossible to Mind Control a Cryssalid, It is incredibly hard to Break the Psi Control that the Broodmother has over it's soldiers.

Hope that sort of clears it up. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.