X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

Well duh, one post a week... I was about to post mine but the character limit if over so I cant post a 2 part journal which SUCKS!!! Also Odd sorry to say this but you barley, even mention anything about the journals or characters, whats the point? Sorry to say this but If there will ever be another season you wont see me again :(
I enjoyed the ride and made many friends but its just not what I expected...

Tip: Only do something like this when you know you got the time for it. You are currently doing to many other game in order to find any time for these awesome journals, some people are putting there soul into these journals.

Zain Shah

I've been AWOL for the last 2 week's because of my GCSE's but generally, people are less enthusiastic about writing this season than last season.

Zain Shah

Because of reasons.

But If I were to list them all I would sounds like a douche

Even though last season there was a group forming who would make up 3/4 of the journals (Myself, Aaron, Zombie, Sharkdragon, Prismacube, frostlich, jhon), at least it kept the journals alive since most other characters didn't bother making personal connections.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Well duh, one post a week... I was about to post mine but the character limit if over so I cant post a 2 part journal which SUCKS!!! Also Odd sorry to say this but you barley, even mention anything about the journals or characters, whats the point? Sorry to say this but If there will ever be another season you wont see me again :(
I enjoyed the ride and made many friends but its just not what I expected...

Tip: Only do something like this when you know you got the time for it. You are currently doing to many other game in order to find any time for these awesome journals, some people are putting there soul into these journals.

Thanks for the reply Prisma, and I can understand where your coming from. The roleplay has ALWAYS been about giving people something to write about and express their creativity. I clearly don't do it for the views. I am not the star of the show here. I don't appreciate the passive aggressive tone you're using, but perhaps that's just your emotions talking. I appreciate your contributions to the journals.

The post limit has nothing to do with the lack of journal writing. If you look since last sunday, there are only a couple of people who wrote.

I'm open to continuing the series, but only if people still enjoy it. If it's time has passed, that is understandable too.

Dragonivon

For me, I just joined the writing so things are still fresh though I'm actively encouraging a lot of side RP through PMs with a number of people. Still the one episode/one post a week seem to be a bit too far apart for an internet crowd. I used to do RP by snail mail when I was 15 and we had a week turnaround in between letters. I think there's definitely still interest though a lot of the RP momentum seemed to get killed with Rebecca, Maltus, and Chen getting whacked.

Personally I like how this season is turning out for my character, Zhang is an interesting character (even if he IS terrifying to Dr Vahlen) and being widely despised makes for some intrinsic drama and plot development. Though we had a huge surge of interest at the start of the series with a massive number of applications, the active members seems to have dropped off fairly sharply. The question is how to get them back and involved/interested.

PrismaCube

Thanks for the reply Prisma, and I can understand where your coming from. The roleplay has ALWAYS been about giving people something to write about and express their creativity. I clearly don't do it for the views. I am not the star of the show here. I don't appreciate the passive aggressive tone you're using, but perhaps that's just your emotions talking. I appreciate your contributions to the journals.

The post limit has nothing to do with the lack of journal writing. If you look since last sunday, there are only a couple of people who wrote.

I'm open to continuing the series, but only if people still enjoy it. If it's time has passed, that is understandable too.

Yeah sorry about that aggressive writing, it just gets me mad to see a great idea like this go to waste. Really sorry.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
For me, I just joined the writing so things are still fresh though I'm actively encouraging a lot of side RP through PMs with a number of people. Still the one episode/one post a week seem to be a bit too far apart for an internet crowd. I used to do RP by snail mail when I was 15 and we had a week turnaround in between letters. I think there's definitely still interest though a lot of the RP momentum seemed to get killed with Rebecca, Maltus, and Chen getting whacked.

Personally I like how this season is turning out for my character, Zhang is an interesting character (even if he IS terrifying to Dr Vahlen) and being widely despised makes for some intrinsic drama and plot development. Though we had a huge surge of interest at the start of the series with a massive number of applications, the active members seems to have dropped off fairly sharply. The question is how to get them back and involved/interested.

I'm fine removing the post limit at this point.

Dragonivon

Most of those who are on active missions end up writing, but a number still on the sidelines aren't. Some wait for the last minute to write before the next episode because of side RP in PMs, though again that's a minority. Ideally we would have an open area where we could RP in the base closer to real time, but this format doesn't allow for that too easily. Even getting one on one RP can be tricky.

Dahlexpert

Yea odd I would have to say that the one journal a week does limit some people, Now I under stand the reason for doing it because some of us did go a little craze last season,but it was interesting and we keep the journals alive.But I no you want to give some people to get there moments in the journals but most people never write any thing they just want to get in to the sears, now the journal limit does limit people that can't wait to write another journal entry like my self I think if you take off that limit there will be more journals.

Dragonivon

I'd also encourage some of those watching from the sidelines to write for EXALT or the aliens if they are so inclined. Though if it's too far from canon or just gets outright silly it might get removed, but giving everyone an avenue to participate on one level or another might be useful.

I'd also encourage some of those watching from the sidelines to write for EXALT or the aliens if they are so inclined. Though if it's too far from canon or just gets outright silly it might get removed, but giving everyone an avenue to participate on one level or another might be useful.
What should us non-persons do while we wait, then? Lol

Looks like this won't get shut down. Whew. I about had a heart attack when I saw odd's post up top earlier.

Dragonivon

What should us non-persons do while we wait, then? Lol

Looks like this won't get shut down. Whew. I about had a heart attack when I saw odd's post up top earlier.

Therein lies the dilemma of a number of would-be writers for these threads. Not yet in play, not yet a soldier, not given a role or even if in a role not called into action to write about much of anything. No, I don't have an easy solution to this problem. I will say that I am up to side RP with ANYONE through PMs, Zhang will be wanting to network IC as much as he can. Though I found out the hard way that some people are a 'little' terrified of Zhang. So he asked Dr. Vahlen for the head of a muton, who knew she would react badly to that?

I almost want to request and early recruiting for me so that I don't go nuts waiting. Even if I end up never going on a mission, there's still plenty to write about.

summerjuliet

I'm ready to write, I'm just waiting to get put in. I think there's a lot of us who got picked but are still waiting to be on the personnel roster and we've kind of phased out talking on this thread, since we don't have a lot to contribute at this point. I'm still enjoying reading (what journals there are) and watching! (Also it would kind of suck if my first season is the final season.)

Status
Not open for further replies.