X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMPixy

Unfortunately, due to a freak accident involving a semi and some rogue cattle, power has been knocked out for my area. I doubt it'll be fixed today, so I will not be able to post my journal. However, it was just a short journal, so I'll fold it into my next journal. Posting from my phone, by the way.

Thenlar

Crap, you know what? I totally forgot I was going to address odd's RP direction. We need to come up with a nickname for Kuklinski! The default random one he got is "Papa Bear" which is meh.

I did hear odd say he was gonna start calling him "Kukkles" which is randomly amusing.

What else is there? "Grandpa?" According to his bio, he's 36, which is ancient to a 20-something like Ryan.

Odd does have him use rockets often. "Bomb Squad?" "Rockette?"

He is a former Mafia hitman, but I don't think that's really come out to anyone else so we shouldn't use that. Well, he's slipped a copy his background to Ritofuto, apparently, but I doubt he'd want Ritofuto running around calling him "Hitman."

Dragonivon

YES... Friends in Low Places next. My vigil shall soon be over. Debating writing some backstory on how Zhang contacted the Council and convinced them to send in the XCOM troops to rescue him after he steals some alien tech from the Triads. Not technically showing up this episode but still wondering if it would be appropriate to do something anyway.

Thenlar

I agree on Wildchild. I would have suggested some kind of berserker-themed nickname, but that just works.

But Caliban? Hmm.. What do we nickname our big hurt tin can? ... Oh man, I feel like Ryan would start referring to him as "Scrapheap," given the state that he came back home in. Morbid sense of humor, indeed.

Edit: And Maltus finally gets his time to shine! (or die)

Last edited:

Dragonivon

I agree on Wildchild. I would have suggested some kind of berserker-themed nickname, but that just works.

But Caliban? Hmm.. What do we nickname our big hurt tin can? ... Oh man, I feel like Ryan would start referring to him as "Scrapheap," given the state that he came back home in. Morbid sense of humor, indeed.

Edit: And Maltus finally gets his time to shine! (or die)

I agree, Wildchild seems to hit the nail on the head with as many 'run straight into the enemy and shoot at practically point blank' moments that CommanderOdd throws our assault into. Wild behavior indeed.

MEC nicknames should denote part of the machine or durability, considering that the first time the MEC went out it was immediately shot to pieces and the pilot on life support in the trip back: Junkyard or Scrapheap seem a touch cruel but the sort of thing they would say behind the back. My vote would be for 'Timex' though. He takes a lickin but keeps on tickin.

PrinceZarek

Oh man, that mission had me on the edge of my seat. I guess it wasn't my time yet. Taking that Will penalty hurts though, but since I can't become psionic it's not a huge deal, at least until we face Ethereals and Sectoid Commanders.

For nicknames, "Wildchild" is perfect for Robinson, though Arsène might call her "Angel" for saving his life on two occasions on that mission. For Kuklinski, I'm not sure. Like Thenlar said his mafia background isn't known to everyone, otherwise I'd suggest "Godfather".

Now for myself, I'm thinking something relating to vengeance, since I've been injured twice already and almost died on the last operation. I suggest something like "Revenant" or "Phantom" Another idea is something like "Dreadnaught", which were the worlds first battleships.

For my journal this week, I'm going to end it with Arsène losing consciousness. So if you guys want to visit me in the med bay to check up on me, feel free, although I'll still be unconsciousness so I won't be able to respond.

S

Sarge-Pepper

I think Lamrque should be "Bumblebee." I'm surprised that no one else has seen the unnatural resemblance to Michael Bay's Version of the mute Transformer. But if we are going serious, Dreadnought sounds amazing and fits you perfectly, as you are currently the tank.

Kuklinski should be "Spades" cause he has Rockets in Spades. Or "Rocketman." Or even "Schatner," as a derivative of the last one.

Largo should be "Ahrnold," in remembrance of all the action moves the Austrian weightlifter has been in, but also a fantastic parallel to the picture that Thenlar and Discopanda keep posting.

"Wildchild" Is perfect for Rebecca.

Chen should be something like "Wraith" or "Crow", like his callsign was before X-Com

Gorefest should be "The Chef" in homage to the Swedish Chef from the Muppets.

Ritofuto should be "Zero" or "Tora"

Also... EHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I FINALLY GOT PICKED!

PrismaCube

Hey guys, I would like to hear your opinion on this, I played the original xcom a long time ago and I also played terror from the deep. Now what I would really want is if they would add that to the game, it would make the game that much more awesome and longer and exciting and interessting. I mean here are some points.

1. Under water mission
2. New Aliens about just as many as land aliens
3. Under water interceptors.
4. Underwater team and Ground team
5. New weapons (ground and water weapons mixed togehter even)
6. More gameplay (longer story)
7. Epic events (lochnes monster is like an alien boss) ok thats silly but stay with me here :D
8. New technology and design
9. Boat abductions

Man I would love this. Overcourse its a ton to ask for, I mean I'm kinda sad that a lot was taken out of the original like tha last mission on mars (what spoilers the game is over 20 years old now xD) or the base invasion which they made up for with the ONE in enemie within. But still having more bases is also tactical because you would need an entire squad to defend it and later on when they are good enough you would have them go to the nearest sight and fight. Man just thinging about it reminds me of all those coubtless hourse I spend on one game :D.

All ib all what I guess I'm trying to say is.

If 2k could make a terror from the deep expansion I would be so happy :D

UltimaNamir

I hope he doesnt get to Annette and her Psi Buddies close to the end of the season. :/ I'd like to have a lot of time to contribute lol

Status
Not open for further replies.