X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suryce

Game Master
The number of posts seems to have dropped a bit, should we consider raising the limit of posts per week? Only three people have posted their journals for this week as of yet, though I think a significant number of people usually wait for the last two days to post theirs.
Maybe we could also encourage Odd to recruit some new blood (and to train all those damn rookies, which should be made easier by the officer training school coming up)? :D

PrismaCube

The number of posts seems to have dropped a bit, should we consider raising the limit of posts per week? Only three people have posted their journals for this week as of yet, though I think a significant number of people usually wait for the last two days to post theirs.
Maybe we could also encourage Odd to recruit some new blood (and to train all those damn rookies, which should be made easier by the officer training school coming up)? :D

Yeah I have been waiting for the weekend to finish my post for the week, will post it tomorrow, Collage aint a great time to do stuff like this during the week xD

K

Kestrel505

I'm a long time lurker, and major fan of the original X-com as well as Enemy unknown/within, doing my first play through on enemy within. I also enjoy writing. I was wondering if/when you guys get to a terror mission would you guys be interested in say a recovered cell phone detailing the alien attack before you guys arrive on scene? Just curious....

Gahlo

I've rediscovered SW:TOR, which has taken up a large majority of my free time/attention. Just ask bread, I haven't bothered her in close to a week!

PrinceZarek

My week has been busy as well. Between college, work and all the new games that came out this week (namely Bravely Default and Danganronpa), I've been holding off on posting my journal.

That and I'm currently marathoning Steins;Gate again in anticipation for the March release of the visual novel which (finally) got a legit English translation.

BMPixy

Borderlands 2, Duel Network, schoolwork, and other writings have been the bane of my attempts at writing journals. I'll probably be able to get one up tomorrow, I have some ideas floating around.

I'm a long time lurker, and major fan of the original X-com as well as Enemy unknown/within, doing my first play through on enemy within. I also enjoy writing. I was wondering if/when you guys get to a terror mission would you guys be interested in say a recovered cell phone detailing the alien attack before you guys arrive on scene? Just curious....

You'll probably want to hit up Odd about that, probably through Twitter, though he might reply here.

Adrammalech

Since it's pertinent, I certainly wouldn't mind coming off the bench. It doesn't seem like the Commander will need to be recruiting any time soon, but Portent is this week, so I was going to hold off on complaining about that :p.

S

Sarge-Pepper

It was the week from hell here, between the major snowfall we've had here, trying to get my taxes in order, and working my ass off during the night, i really haven't been able to give attention to a major post. I'll probably edit something up tonight.

Suryce

Game Master
PrismaCube said:
So stick around for it won't be long till the first sacrifice will come. I would love to tell you how Caroline reacted to the first death of an X-COM soldier.

Thenlar said:
Just in case... whatever the squad just went to do, I got a bad feeling about it. Hopefully, I don't get left as the only one specialized into assault.

Jeez, thanks for the confidence guys, I know Portent is hard but don't count your chickens before they actually hatch. We aren't dead yet! xD

More seriously, with Arsène as a bullet sponge and Rebecca's Will to Survive, I'm pretty hopeful regarding her own survival, even if she is not wearing a vest. xP

PrismaCube

Jeez, thanks for the confidence guys, I know Portent is hard but don't count your chickens before they actually hatch. We aren't dead yet! xD

More seriously, with Arsène as a bullet sponge and Rebecca's Will to Survive, I'm pretty hopeful regarding her own survival, even if she is not wearing a vest. xP

Just saying, it's usally around this time that someone dies xD

S

Sarge-Pepper

I see what you did there.
You smug bastard.

le_happy_face_by_luchocas-d5uwq7r.png

Zain Shah

The only part I find hard about Portent is the initial double batch of thin men and I always have a ton of soldiers in the med bay so I'm usually take out at least 2 rookies.

PrinceZarek

B-bullet sponge? I became the first ever human cyborg in order to pilot a highly advanced MEC that can punch metal tentacle monsters across the map and I'm supposed to take on three Thin Men by myself? :(

BMPixy

B-bullet sponge? I became the first ever human cyborg in order to pilot a highly advanced MEC that can punch metal tentacle monsters across the map and I'm supposed to take on three Thin Men by myself? :(

On the bright side, you are immune to poison. However, you are not immune to plasma. Try ducking every once in a while.

S

Sarge-Pepper

I'm probably not gonna be able to get a post up. :<

I finally get my kiddo sunday and we are expecting to go to a museum all day. And im busy at work tonight. Just a lack of time with the Bilzzard from hell this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.