X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

Does anyone here know what Chris's secrect is to not losing a soldier? I'm playing X-Com on Classic difficulitesn and a fricken sectoid shots from across half the map at someone in full cover behind 3 walls and 2 doors and its a critical hit killing him instantly, where my whole team then goes ape-shit and panicks or don't even hit a 75%-95% shot. How? I tell you this game makes me rage more than any other.

Gahlo

Does anyone here know what Chris's secrect is to not losing a soldier? I'm playing X-Com on Classic difficulitesn and a fricken sectoid shots from across half the map at someone in full cover behind 3 walls and 2 doors and its a critical hit killing him instantly, where my whole team then goes ape-shit and panicks or don't even hit a 75%-95% shot. How? I tell you this game makes me rage more than any other.
While his style does have a tendency to bother me a bit from a spectator, he does a very good job in general of plain not getting shot at. So many times he will move all, if not most of his soldiers out of vision from the aliens or hunker downs full cover ones. The AI seems to do a very poor job of discovering xcom units and then making proper decisions about it, yet his playstyle baits the AI into doing it anyway. His overall play is so safe that it more than makes up for the occasional gaff.

So the thing is i am not from US i speak a different language i am good at speaking it but not writing it you can see a lot of wrong typing on my journals i shaped the perfect story and i cant write it
What browser are you using? I know the big ones, Firefox and Chrome, have spellchecks integrated so flipping it over to the English dictionary while writing could alleviate some of your issues, while subtlely teaching you over time. :)

Grelite

Gahlo said:
What browser are you using? I know the big ones, Firefox and Chrome, have spellchecks integrated so flipping it over to the English dictionary while writing could alleviate some of your issues, while subtlely teaching you over time. :)
Grammar correction remains troublesome for automated systems, this seems the bigger issue over spelling.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member

Almost 300 hours of play time helps. When I'm recording, I think I'm a lot more careful than when I'm not. I want the series to go well so people have videos to watch and enjoy. IF I'm just playing on my own, I notice I'm a bit more careless/speedy. Forcing myself to speak my thoughts out loud help me to avoid shitty mistakes.

furkan melih kaya

While his style does have a tendency to bother me a bit from a spectator, he does a very good job in general of plain not getting shot at. So many times he will move all, if not most of his soldiers out of vision from the aliens or hunker downs full cover ones. The AI seems to do a very poor job of discovering xcom units and then making proper decisions about it, yet his playstyle baits the AI into doing it anyway. His overall play is so safe that it more than makes up for the occasional gaff.

Yandex Browser. İf you don't know it i don't blame you but in Turkey (not an animal) everyone is obsessed with this

S

Sarge-Pepper

Almost 300 hours of play time helps. When I'm recording, I think I'm a lot more careful than when I'm not. I want the series to go well so people have videos to watch and enjoy. IF I'm just playing on my own, I notice I'm a bit more careless/speedy. Forcing myself to speak my thoughts out loud help me to avoid shitty mistakes.

It's also hardcore pod control from what I've seen. Chris deals with one pod at a time, and tries not to activate too many accidentally. It effected my playthrough after watching some of these vids, and while I am not brave enough to try ironman, my classic run is celebrating few losses overall :>

BMPixy

The worst part is, i was gonna mention that. But i completely forgot while i was typing the post. Jesus, that scared the crap outta me. 9 of those little sonsabitches running around....

Do you know what's worse than nine sectoids running around? Fifteen Chryssalids. I am never going on a Terror Mission without a Mimetic Skin soldier again.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Do you know what's worse than nine sectoids running around? Fifteen Chryssalids. I am never going on a Terror Mission without a Mimetic Skin soldier again.

::Cowers in a corner as Chrysallids run around, murdering everyone::
It's okay. They can't see you.... They can't eat what they cant kill. What they can't see....It's okay.It's okay.It's okay.It's okay.It's okay.

Dragonivon

::Cowers in a corner as Chrysallids run around, murdering everyone::
It's okay. They can't see you.... They can't eat what they cant kill. What they can't see....It's okay.It's okay.It's okay.It's okay.It's okay.

It's okay, they can't see me... even though we learned about bioelectric skin from cutting them open and how to show invisible enemies as a result... but I'm sure that doesn't mean they can see me. I'm sure that there's no chance they can... why are they laughing?

S

Sarge-Pepper

::Cut to black with horrified screaming::

::Roll Credits::

:: People were very much harmed in the making of this short film::

Status
Not open for further replies.