X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarge-Pepper

51. MECs cannot combine. Do not attempt this maneuver.
51a. It won’t work. Even if you shout ‘Gattai’ or ‘Combine’ or involve the words ‘super duper’. :(

I wanted to make this a conversation between our two characters at some point. After steve gets over this and sees you are at least coping, he'll start to make subtle jabs in jest, and it seems like your character would respond in kind.

Thenlar

Sarge-Pepper said:
"Do we 'upgrade' our soldiers so they are more resilient in combat and can survive longer? Well, where do the ethics in that lie? Taking a whole man and making him into a weapon was already regarded with scrutiny, Marines are widely considered to be vacuous killing machines without a soul or intelligence already, engineered to take orders on a dime, without question."

Ryan was a Marine, and he'd have something to say about that!

Namely, that he called out sick the day they handed out partial lobotomies in boot camp. Ahh, Parris Island. What a dump.

PrinceZarek

I wanted to make this a conversation between our two characters at some point. After steve gets over this and sees you are at least coping, he'll start to make subtle jabs in jest, and it seems like your character would respond in kind.
Sounds good to me, looking forward to it

Anuvis11

Anime references FTW. Oh... Is it bad that I just noticed that the random Lelouch quote i chose for my signature is perfect for enemy within?

S

Sarge-Pepper

Edited out Suryce's portion of my post, there was a misunderstanding of the finality of the product.

100 things X-Com Operatives are not allowed to do.

"We are to stop referring to the restorative mist ability of the MECs as the 'feel good fart.'"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BqoEJUWKVRFSKXOA2Ks3Ce7Kvphmg0kAFKcuXJHgmr0/mobilebasic?pli=1

Enjoy everyone.

11. No playing inappropriate music when senior staff walks in. This includes (but is not limited to):
- The Imperial March with Bradford
That would be pretty awesome to have my own theme tune. I'll ask X-COM if they can fund a brass band just for that purpose!

Shit. Bradford's on to me.

*drops smoke bomb and runs*

Yes, my little Chinese-Ukranian Smuggler. Run, but you can't hide. My Bureaucratic minions who run Operations will find you.

Zain Shah

Hmm, this one seems like it might be possible for our skyranger pilot

82. On completion of a mission it is paramount that the Skyranger is returned to X-COM HQ immediately. No stopping by a nearby country just because you heard their chocolate was good.

82a. If it really is that good, put forward a requisition request.

Gahlo

Tossed up my post for the week. I've super delayed writing it and wanted to get at least something up there before I slept all day and missed the deadline. I expect to add a couple more interactions to it, so if I've finished with you it should be up shortly. If not, you're going in this weeks journal. :p

S

Sarge-Pepper

OMG I'm so healous of the away team for this mission. The fight against the Seeker is a veritable gold mine of a fight for writing. I can see it playing out remarkably like the infamous minigun scene from Predator, with our resident Lamarque playing the roll of Jesse Ventura.

The seeker dodging between shelves, going in and out of cloak, striking out with it's tentacles always a second too late, before finally, they huddle up as the room goes quiet, expecting the seeker, when someone goes "CHEN GET DOWN!" He hits the floor right as a hail of bullets fill the space he was in.

And the uber tense hunt for the last one, where after catching a brief glimpse of the seeker outside, Lamarque dashed outside, manages to catch the Seeker by one tentacle, and drags it toward him as it tries to cloak again, getting into a fist fight with it, like trying to wrangle a squid, before managing to pin it under one knee, as a tentacle wraps around his neck, he manages to trigger the Fist, plowing it into the ground, and breaking the concrete underneath. A few more punches and the tentacle falls limp and he stumbles away, realizing that even though he is wrapped in a metal shell, he it still mortal in all the most vulnerable of ways.

::Shivers:: Man, i am so jealous.

Also, Portent. Fucking called it.
No way. He hasn't even gotten to Portent yet. I barely survived that one, and I'm on classic. If there would be any casualties, that would be the mission it happened in.

Zain Shah

I dunno.

He managed Portent without any injuries on his army of four playthrough but he does have some really OP soldiers in that playthrough. Dubois and Alegni are too strong.

Thenlar

Cripes. Chen's going to have permanent hearing damage. First the rocket in the UFO, now gunfire right past his head.

He's gonna have fun with the seekers, though. I think we might have to screen some japanese anime movies.....

Edit: Also, my journal went up a bit late, sorry. Was trying to get something together, but couldn't work out timing. Fortunately, I posted for last week before anyone posted for this one, so there shouldn't be any weird timey-wimey shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.