X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceZarek

In the most recent "Army of Four" video, Chris accidentally called Rene Dubois "Lamarque", which I thought was hilarious for two reasons.

1. The original name of my soldier on the first mission was Bruno Dubois, who was from Canada same as Rene.

2. The nickname Chris gave him "Frenchie", is the same as Caroline Southway's (PrismaCube) nickname for Lamarque.

Needless to say, I laughed harder then I should've during that video :D

PrismaCube

Already found my favorite one

40a. S.H.I.V.s are mechanized fire support platforms, not cavalry. Under no circumstances should an X-COM Operator jump on a S.H.I.V. with a sword and charge the enemy screaming ‘DRIVE ME CLOSER I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD.’

Psilon

Already found my favorite one

40a. S.H.I.V.s are mechanized fire support platforms, not cavalry. Under no circumstances should an X-COM Operator jump on a S.H.I.V. with a sword and charge the enemy screaming ‘DRIVE ME CLOSER I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD.’
Of course, this applies to operatives, not the science or engineering team.

Psilon

Look, I've told you fifteen times already, we have ten of those, and can requisition more. You have to face the fact that just because you haven't "swept" the other ones, doesn't mean that they're going to implant a mind control probe in your frontal lobe while you're distracted. Your excessive jousting has already lead to a scientist doing infirmary time, so I'd appreciate it if you limit yourself to S.H.I.V. jousting only for the purpose of ending arguments, like the rest of us.

Gahlo

Look, I've told you fifteen times already, we have ten of those, and can requisition more. You have to face the fact that just because you haven't "swept" the other ones, doesn't mean that they're going to implant a mind control probe in your frontal lobe while you're distracted. Your excessive jousting has already lead to a scientist doing infirmary time, so I'd appreciate it if you limit yourself to S.H.I.V. jousting only for the purpose of ending arguments, like the rest of us.
It had been to end arguements. Primarily "It's my turn to use the electron microscope." I did it for science!

Psilon

It had been to end arguements. Primarily "It's my turn to use the electron microscope." I did it for science!
The one electron microscope. That you're obsessed with using. Breaking John's ribs, just before he figured out where the aliens' liver is didn't help science much.

Gahlo

Yes, no one does, especially after she electrocuted poor Malcolm Levitt so hard he still hasn't made it out of the infirmary, or even woken up.

He's just really likes to meditate, stop bothering him. Also, he thought putting him in the middle workstation wasn't funny.

PrismaCube

92.The Commander does not fistfight with Berserkers for his morning exercise routine.

Just so you guys don't have to look it up :p

BMPixy

'96. ‘We’re testing it for Shen’ is an outright lie if your armor cam recording starts with ‘I hope Shen doesn’t catch us’.'

For some reason, I expect that very situation will happen.

PrinceZarek

Well, since I'm the resident MEC Trooper, I thought I'd pick out my favorites that apply to me

35. Just because two MECTs walked into the motor pool and then walked out with a S.H.I.V. following them means that they checked a S.H.I.V. out of the armory. It is prohibited to imply that anything untoward happened.

47. The need to complete an ‘activation ritual’ is completely optional for MECTs and Psi Soldiers. Stop insisting that it’s necessary.
Ok, but what about...
47b. Even if you’ve named your MEC ‘Raising Heart’, you should never act like a 10 year old magical girl.
What if...
47bi. Yes, even if you can do the voice. Especially if you can do the voice.
damn it...

51. MECs cannot combine. Do not attempt this maneuver.
51a. It won’t work. Even if you shout ‘Gattai’ or ‘Combine’ or involve the words ‘super duper’. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.