X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuvis11

Nah. they're not that good. just rough skeches. oh and while i'm at it i might as well sectoid
IMG_20140127_175650.jpg

Taxor_the_First

You people may consider me jelly. You get cool representations of your characters :(.
I must say though, in the words of Hector; "You are exceptionally gifted. I am not disappointed."
As a non-participant, and I think I speak for the whole "audience", DO IT ANUVIS.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Anyone want to co-op? I'm shooting for a journal where Steve loses it because suddenly they are chopping perfectly fine, regular people up. Alcohol might be involved....

too_spooked

Anyone want to co-op? I'm shooting for a journal where Steve loses it because suddenly they are chopping perfectly fine, regular people up. Alcohol might be involved....

I could do that, it could be around the time that Roger stops writing his journal and goes to the lounge for quit drink before he resumes working on the satellites. Our two characters are also friends as well, and Roger would try to calm down Steve for both work reasons, and to just be a nice guy toward one of his friends.

S

Sarge-Pepper

I was thinking to offer it up to you. I'll be writing something up tonight, so expect it in your inbox.

too_spooked

Jesus, that 10 000 character limit thing is going to give me an aneurysm. It's buggy as hell, I'm literally pasting it in Word, CHECKING the word count and having it at under 10 000 EVERY TIME and yet here it says 'NOPE, OVER 10 000.'

#WriterProblems

Suryce

Game Master
Characters =/= words.

You shouldn't be making 10K words journals by the way, that's waaay too long anyway. I don't recommend going over 2K words.

too_spooked

Characters =/= words.

You shouldn't be making 10K words journals by the way, that's waaay too long anyway. I don't recommend going over 2K words.

I was referring to it being under 10 000 characters every time. I was using word count to check the characters (with and without spaces)

... probably should have made that clear ;)

Thenlar

I was referring to it being under 10 000 characters every time. I was using word count to check the characters (with and without spaces)

... probably should have made that clear ;)
If you're using formatting, like italics or bold, that uses extra characters that are counted when converted to the UBB code.

Grelite

If you're using formatting, like italics or bold, that uses extra characters that are counted when converted to the UBB code.
And if you want to check that accurately, there's a 'Use BB Code Editor' button in the top-right to see where the extra characters are coming from.

too_spooked

And if you want to check that accurately, there's a 'Use BB Code Editor' button in the top-right to see where the extra characters are coming from.
I'd rather prefer it counting ACTUAL rich text characters rather than those in BB Code. I like adding colour and links to my journal, I'd it would be even better if I didn't have to sacrifice detail to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.