X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarge-Pepper

Great idea, you of course are against me anyway, even if it wasn't my plan >_>

I'm not against you, and to bring that into the light as a passive aggressive comment tarnishes no one's reputation but yours, Prisma. You are the one with a chip on your shoulder, not me.

I'm just commenting on an interesting thread with my own opinion of what Mr. Odd has requested and how I view this world. It's not set in stone, nor is it even the law of the land. It's just my opinion.

PrismaCube

I'm not against you, and to bring that into the light as a passive aggressive comment tarnishes no one's reputation but yours, Prisma. You are the one with a chip on your shoulder, not me.

I'm just commenting on an interesting thread with my own opinion of what Mr. Odd has requested and how I view this world. It's not set in stone, nor is it even the law of the land. It's just my opinion.

Calm down dude its was just a joke, although I do not fancy you that much you are still a fellow RPer to me which is like a friend sorry if that offended you. Maybe I didnt make it clear that it was a joke

Zain Shah

I posted Leroy's first journal and it had to be shorter than I intended because firstly: there is not a lot to talk about in the early game and because I had been writing my journal over 3 days but I lost it so expect longer journals in the future.

ACisHere

Keep in mind that our XCOM is very ragtag. In what the game considers canon, it's a UN led group. For our purposes, it's an NPC going "who wants to go on an alien killing quest" that accepts all comers. We have career soldiers, hardened criminals, former mafia members, and a overly curious scientist that stumbled into something he never should have known about.

This isn't your aggressively patriotic uncle's military. Your rank could mean diddly to somebody because their chain of command was, and I'll quote the Hero of Canton, "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

Hehehe. Fair enough. Love that quote.

Taugaunt

wow a lot of stuff has happened this episode.

Also the moment I have been waiting for has arrived. I am expecting Abbygail to be very involved in the cybernetics projects so maybe the others in engineering, the science wing and we cannot forget our volunteer Arsène Lamarque. I hope we can make this an interesting session of journals.

too_spooked

wow a lot of stuff has happened this episode.

Also the moment I have been waiting for has arrived. I am expecting Abbygail to be very involved in the cybernetics projects so maybe the others in engineering, the science wing and we cannot forget our volunteer Arsène Lamarque. I hope we can make this an interesting session of journals.

Yeah, I'm going to probably write co-op with PrinceZarek (Lemarque) and about the satellites, the cybernetics lab, the new engineers coming in, one with Suryce (Robinson) on how the nano-fiber may have saved her life and the construction of the uplink

So many things to write about, so little time...

Taugaunt

Yeah, I'm going to probably write co-op with PrinceZarek (Lemarque) and about the satellites, the cybernetics lab, the new engineers coming in, one with Suryce (Robinson) on how the nano-fiber may have saved her life and the construction of the uplink

So many things to write about, so little time...
Yeah I know a lot can be said about this episode. Personally I am probably going to be sticking with the cybernetics lab ( being a mechanical engineer and all) unless anyone wants to do a coop or the huge coop I suggested.

Zain Shah

It isn't even funny how lucky/unlucky he was.

You can calculate that the 2 sectoids had a minimum of 35% (aim of 75 and aiming angles) but they both missed and how those 2 overwatch shots had a minimum 55% to hit and when one did hit, it did the lowest possible damage.

On the other hand, he was really unlucky missing high percentage shots.

Zain Shah

Yeah I know a lot can be said about this episode. Personally I am probably going to be sticking with the cybernetics lab ( being a mechanical engineer and all) unless anyone wants to do a coop or the huge coop I suggested.

I tried the huge co-op idea in season 3 but there were some complications as some people would be online more often so their character would say more. Also, the collab was huge so I cut it up into 4 chunks and the one post rule might hinder that.

too_spooked

I tried the huge co-op idea in season 3 but there were some complications as some people would be online more often so their character would say more. Also, the collab was huge so I cut it up into 4 chunks and the one post rule might hinder that.

We'll split it among multiple people I guess...

Taugaunt

Well nothing is set in stone yet. I am probably just exited that this is a good opportunity to get some interesting journal entries.

PrismaCube

Changing up how I write my Journal's since I want it to be unique and so does Chris. It took me some time to find a style I liked but I finally found one last week. Tell me what you guys think. It's a kind of God point of view of some stranger who is talking about Carolines life. If it goes well I might just continue this.

Taugaunt

Changing up how I write my Journal's since I want it to be unique and so does Chris. It took me some time to find a style I liked but I finally found one last week. Tell me what you guys think. It's a kind of God point of view of some stranger who is talking about Carolines life. If it goes well I might just continue this.
I think it was great although for some weird reason I keep hearing it in my head as being narrated by Boris Karloff.

Weird I know but I kind of like his narration voice I guess.

PrinceZarek

That mission was crazy, I'm surprised I made it out alright. I expected that last Overwatch shot to hit me. Compared to my last mission, I'll gladly accept it.

I'm not surprised at being chosen to be the first MEC Trooper, as the support class gets screwed over with Training Roulette enabled, and without their medic abilities, its up to chance whether they are very useful or not. And since MEC Troopers have the same stat growths as heavies, 90 aim is a great bonus.

If any does want to collaborate with me, whether relating to the mission or with the MEC augmentation, I'd be glad to. I'm currently collaborating with too_spooked and Suryce, so I might have space for one more.

Also, this is required

Thenlar

That mission was crazy, I'm surprised I made it out alright. I expected that last Overwatch shot to hit me. Compared to my last mission, I'll gladly accept it.

I'm not surprised at being chosen to be the first MEC Trooper, as the support class gets screwed over with Training Roulette enabled, and without their medic abilities, its up to chance whether they are very useful or not. And since MEC Troopers have the same stat growths as heavies, 90 aim is a great bonus.

If any does want to collaborate with me, whether relating to the mission or with the MEC augmentation, I'd be glad to. I'm currently collaborating with too_spooked and Suryce, so I might have space for one more.

Also, this is required

Noo, Arsene! That's Ryan's buddy. I'd actually really like to do one with you. Ryan would drop by the lab to drop off some stuff while Arsene's recovering from his amputations (ouch!), and then the alert goes... and he's called up (oh god oh god oh god).

I'm not feeling good about this. Early game, 4 man squad, and we shot down a medium UFO? Lots of enemies, and we're still rocking ballistic guns and armor. At least I'm getting that nano-fiber vest.

PrinceZarek

Noo, Arsene! That's Ryan's buddy. I'd actually really like to do one with you. Ryan would drop by the lab to drop off some stuff while Arsene's recovering from his amputations (ouch!), and then the alert goes... and he's called up (oh god oh god oh god).

I'm not feeling good about this. Early game, 4 man squad, and we shot down a medium UFO? Lots of enemies, and we're still rocking ballistic guns and armor. At least I'm getting that nano-fiber vest.

Sounds good, though I think it would have to be next week as I'm still being torn limb from limb... literally. I just hope Ryan survives to see my new look, though I think Odd has been in worst situations before and made it out alright.

Thenlar

Sounds good, though I think it would have to be next week as I'm still being torn limb from limb... literally. I just hope Ryan survives to see my new look, though I think Odd has been in worst situations before and made it out alright.
Well, fair enough. I'll have Ryan leave some things for him when he wakes up, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.