X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenlar

Alright, is there anyone who would like so socialize with the Johan de Fries (cleanup crew leader)?
Oh, Ryan would just love to make his acquaintance. Quite frankly after a battle, there's got to be a ton of stuff lying around, and you guys are there first, and probably have some spare transport capacity at times. Little bit of battlefield salvaging never hurt anyone.

Dragonivon

Alright, is there anyone who would like so socialize with the Johan de Fries (cleanup crew leader)?

Soon. Believe it or not, having contacts with the cleanup crew is an exceedingly high priority for someone who has aims of rebuilding a new and stronger criminal empire while under the guise of one of humanity's best hopes against an alien menace.

Meaningofbread

Yeah, sadly just when it was about to be my turn to get in the team too xD But meh was there in season 3

Oh and 11 more likes and I will be a well known member too :D Vetrans ftw :D

Veterans?? *Puts on old man voice* I'll have you know I applied for season one! It was on normal mode an we had lick the roads clean and walk five miles everyday...

Brian

Veterans?? *Puts on old man voice* I'll have you know I applied for season one! It was on normal mode an we had lick the roads clean and walk five miles everyday...
I think I'm magic, as soon as I liked you're post in journals I got an alert for this.

too_spooked

My father is guilty of this ;)

My old man makes the sixties (when he was born) sound like the 18th century. "When I was a kid back in the days we didn't even have roads. We had to carve through this huge ass mountain with a rusty shovel to get to school, half the kids dropped dead before we could reach first period!"

Taxor_the_First

Well I'll have you know young-un that I started in Season 2, Back in my day the Slingshot DLC was a " New Thing " and that was also the Infamous season where EVERYONE DIED! XD
I actually thought that he could have salvaged it. He had enough soldiers left to do at least one more mission without reinforcements, and he had enough alien corpses and such to sell to get more soldiers. It would have been a setback, sure, but Thin Men are in everlasting supply at $5 a pop. Besides, the only thing those corpses are good for are Improved Medkits and the Interceptor upgrades (which I never use anyway).
I don't blame him for actually failing the mission though, especially with the amount of screwing-over the RNG was doing that day. I was worried he would pile up on that door the Cyberdisc came through, as doing so ensures that the Cyberdisc does come through (at least it has every time I've done it. Cost me a good soldier the first time, cost me the 4/5 of the squad and dropped my sniper to 2 health the second time, learned my lesson and never did it again).
Damn I'm chatty.

Gahlo

My father is guilty of this ;)

My old man makes the sixties (when he was born) sound like the 18th century. "When I was a kid back in the days we didn't even have roads. We had to carve through this huge ass mountain with a rusty shovel to get to school, half the kids dropped dead before we could reach first period!"
That sounds like some Kill la Kill level ridiculous.

In other news, not sure if I'm going to post this week. Got some things I need to sort out.

Thenlar

Meaningofbread said:
This Ryan Chen man seems like someone everybody should know. He reminds me of some of the old smuggling and black markets traders I used in Japan. Still, he has shifty eyes, and if I know anything, that means that betrayal could be imminent.

Aww, poor Ryan, getting a bad rap already.

Status
Not open for further replies.