X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the nickname a person gets in the roleplays should be given by the fellow troops. Like in a journal entry, someone would talk about a person and give them some wierd name based on their oppinion and if the name goes throughout the base and everyone uses it for that person that it becomes their official nickname.
I like this idea alot because a quirk I was going to have to my soldier was that if he couldn't remember their name he would give them silly nicknames :p

Stekkmen

There IS an option in Second Wave that lets the aliens shoot immediately on discovery if you REALLY want to get hardcore on it.

I thought about it a little bit and realized they might have made that change because of the limited squad size. No fun in losing a guy to 4 sectoids in overwatch with nothing to do about it.

Adrammalech

Hmm I wonder... If each "chapter" is dedicated to a specific person's application, with some haphazard guessing you could tell who is in and who's not.

From the little I know about videos, I would guess that the actual announcement is the long .wav and the bottom parts are background music. Maybe you could guess if you have a certain BGM in mind for some applications you could guess who's in, but that would be wild speculation. But what's life without wild speculation? I'm wildly speculating right now.

UnevenRanger

Well, pretty disappointed that I didn't make it but I can't disagree with any of his options. They were all good applicants so I feel pretty good about it.

Still looking forward to reading the roleplays and seeing my first (live I guess the word would be) season of XCOM ROLEPLAY

Dragonivon

Well, pretty disappointed that I didn't make it but I can't disagree with any of his options. They were all good applicants so I feel pretty good about it.

Still looking forward to reading the roleplays and seeing my first (live I guess the word would be) season of XCOM ROLEPLAY

In the video he also said there will be a new thread for people who didn't make the first picks to try for some of the unfilled positions if they want. http://www.graylinesgaming.com/inde...-roleplay-positions-still-available-here.480/ And thought it's not listed, there's a groundswell for someone to take the position of XCOM Therapist might be worth trying too. It's gonna be a long season and anything can happen.

Frozen Messiah

just when I was losing hope and name after name comes by Lukas Winters just gets tossed out there. I think I might have injured my soldier with the fist pump I did :D

Can't wait to get started, going to be fun!

UnevenRanger

In the video he also said there will be a new thread for people who didn't make the first picks to try for some of the unfilled positions if they want. http://www.graylinesgaming.com/inde...-roleplay-positions-still-available-here.480/ And thought it's not listed, there's a groundswell for someone to take the position of XCOM Therapist might be worth trying too. It's gonna be a long season and anything can happen.
True, I might end up applying for one of the positions, just depends on if I can find the spare time to design another character.
Either way, congratulations on being chosen Dragonivon :) And I look forward to seeing some great posts

Thenlar

Woo, bonus points for my guy being Canadian! XD

Love that Odd mentioned that, since the guy is loosely based on me, thus I'm Canadian by birth as well (and now living in the US). Looking forward to seeing the battlefield, and hoping that I don't eat a bullet plasma blast on my first mission!

I'm a little surprised no one's taken Annette. Though she's a somewhat predetermined character, there's still plenty of wiggle room in her largely undefined history. Plus she's almost certainly got baggage from her abduction and forced use in .. er.. a certain story event, which could make for really good RP fodder. If I hadn't gotten picked, I definitely would have put in for her. Plus, her combat dialog snippets are hilarious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.