X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrammalech

Indeed, a most prestigious honor. It should be a medal in game later.

You did get the 1000th reply though.

Last edited:
A controversial topic I wanna bring up since I wanna see a Mec soldier talk about is the doctors always told them that they wouldn't be treated any differently but the first time they get injured in the field they don't know whether to take them to the infirmary or to engineering.

Thenlar

Shouldn't be too hard really. Did a squishy part of the torso get shot, or a limb? Go from there. There doesn't seem to be a lot of full body cybernetic integration, just the connection points at the sockets.

That's what I mean. What if they were to get shot in a joint which rips the metal into what flesh they have left? Also looking just from a psychological standpoint like seeing a floater come in and then wondering if your injuries get severe enough if you just end up like that. I just like all the options Enemy Within provides from a rp standpoint.

Thenlar

The floater thing is rp gold, yeah. Poor MEC troopers. If they don't have an iron-clad will and self confidence, that should provoke some serious soul searching.

Even from a Sectoid and Muton standpoint and gene modding. Hearing from a scientist that a Sectoid is just that, because something messed with its genes and sectioned off parts of its body, makes a soldier feel relieved to see a distinct difference between them and human besides the obvious. That is until you get told to go into a tube and grow a second heart.

Vlakvark

On the flip side, one could be downright enthused with their new transhuman nature. Just as being made to develop a second heart or tumorous adrenal glands could be horrifying and traumatic, it could be pretty darn exhilerating too. A particularly extreme route could be a gene modded or MEC soldier regarding themselves as superior to natural humans.

Comic reel: Gene mod soldiers gets in an argument with a mec over who is superior. Gene mod uses mimetic skin to try and get away. Mec uses advanced sensors and kinetic strike and punches gene mod in the face. Gene is back up an hour later thanks to second heart.

Zain Shah

It's nice to see that so many role-players are taking part in this season. I look forward to collaborating with you.

Thenlar

So many role players, only so many soldiers to play, sadly. Some of us have to watch... until the body bags start coming home, anyways.

Zain Shah

I just hope I get into XCOM. I do want to be an active soldier but the thing that's most important for me is the collaborations I do with other people on base, that's my favourite part and doing some journal entries about my character.

Meaningofbread

So many role players, only so many soldiers to play, sadly. Some of us have to watch... until the body bags start coming home, anyways.

It's kind of weird actually. Yes, you might be sad when someone dies, but in the back of your mind you know that you are one step closer to the field.

Dragonivon

Cue corny one-liner and canned laughter.

Follow the wacky exploits of three very special soldiers of XCOM: Harry has had his body modified with genemods making him more than human, but still a loser with the ladies. Tommy has had his psychic potential enhanced but he still can't figure out what women want. And Victor had his arms and legs removed and pilots a giant robot that can punch through buildings but has a hard time convincing women he's still FULLY functional. At the rec room or in the gym, these three get into hilarious situations trying to find true love or a one-night-stand before being sent on a mission of certain death against the alien menace.

Tune in for a new season of 'Two and a half ladies men', coming soon on CBS!

Vlakvark

I would actually watch a show like that, if only to see the vapid, soulless characters get their spines pulled out their rectums by a berserker.

Status
Not open for further replies.