X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMPixy

More stuff done, Fay gets psi results. My brain child reaches the light of day.
Or in this case, the light of Fay.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Me and Gem have something special coming up tomorrow so stay tuned. You may have had a peak already but just wait a little longer :p. Anyways, good night and see you soon.

DarkGemini24601

Get more people to RP with dudes :p
Sarge, we've tried. We lost Euan to him being busy, and BlueBead is too busy to join us in the first place. The fact is, introducing someone to the RP at this stage (probably over the halfway mark) is going to be both difficult for us, confusing for them, and odd in general. Not to mention that our ranks are thinned from the loss of Prisma and Zain.

If you mean for the short stories, I don't know where we'd get new people from. I only know one person irl that would possibly be interested, but I'm not going to bring people in that know who I really am, bad plan. ;)

Last edited:

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
So we lost lots of people :( my question to you is what can I do to add new people to site? To help you guys.

Eventually soon this will all die out :( I dont want it too.

DarkGemini24601

So we lost lots of people :( my question to you is what can I do to add new people to site? To help you guys.

Eventually soon this will all die out :( I dont want it too.
Well, we can't add people we know in real life. It's more a matter (for us) of who we know online, and who of those people want to RP. Not incredibly easy. Building up the sort of volume of members and rpers that we had in the GLG days before the 'apocalypse' is going to take a similar figure of time. We can't expect the site to just spontaneously explode with population in a few months of the revamp alone.

I can't really tell you what you can do to get more people, I'm not familiar with how to advertise a website. I can tell you that Story of Defiance is running fine, even with 8 people. Moral of the story: not everything needs to be huge to be a success.

DarkGemini24601

I have an idea, though. Wasn't it Chris who drew so many people in? If we can get him or another YouTube to be part of Gamigon, and active, that could be our saving grace.

Taxor_the_First

Just posted a quickie. Tying up lose ends, nothing worth noting of my own overarching plot.
... or is there?

Get more people to RP with dudes :p
It's a case of who we know when it comes to something like that. The people I know are either into gaming or writing or neither, never both, unfortunately. Trust me, I've already tried.
As for what you could do, I've got no bloody idea. Anything I'd suggest you're already doing - twitch, the servers, all that.
I have an idea, though. Wasn't it Chris who drew so many people in? If we can get him or another YouTube to be part of Gamigon, and active, that could be our saving grace.
That... could be an idea. Doesn't have to be another RP per se or anything of that nature. But the theory is sound.

DarkGemini24601

Just posted a quickie. Tying up lose ends, nothing worth noting of my own overarching plot.
... or is there?

It's a case of who we know when it comes to something like that. The people I know are either into gaming or writing or neither, never both, unfortunately. Trust me, I've already tried.
As for what you could do, I've got no bloody idea. Anything I'd suggest you're already doing - twitch, the servers, all that.

That... could be an idea. Doesn't have to be another RP per se or anything of that nature. But the theory is sound.
Yup. Just someone who could draw people in; whether they are gamers or role players, it would breath additional vitality into the site. I'd love to have more people around, whether they participate in the rps, read, or just game with the rest.

Also, squee RP is Nearly dead after he moved to tgn's site. We could try to pilfer RPers from the ruins of we want to be mean. >:D

Adrammalech

I'm getting a couple of my friends on the Starbound server, and I'm sure one day they'll be curious about the address and check this out. Other than that, I got nothin'.

Youtube partnering seems like a really good idea. A lot of Youtubers want to have a way to communicate with their audience but don't like comment sections. If you get someone big enough to have a turnover rate and small enough to actually read their messages/tweets/whatevers, I bet you could sell it well.

DarkGemini24601

Ashley and Ammelia'sconversation:

Well, I expected that to go poorly. At least they didn't start attacking each other.

To Pixy: I'll try one more Honored Overseeer post with you today. Have one last idea before he leaves to make way for Elene to go on the attack.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Petition chris to do another rp!! Probably help to have zombie moderate it for him insisted of him having to work so hard. We did have a partner ship with linus before chris. They never end well.

DarkGemini24601

Petition chris to do another rp!! Probably help to have zombie moderate it for him insisted of him having to work so hard. We did have a partner ship with linus before chris. They never end well.
Well, the only thing is that we shouldn't have another XCOM ROLEPLAY parallel to the one we're already running. And zombie certainly can't do two at once.

*besides, I've yet to see a YouTube besides marbozir actually finish a campaign of long war...*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Or they get wiped out. *cough* Harume basically was like Aya after her entire squad was wiped.
I don't know why they don't just do vanilla. I loved that, personally.

I get home around 3:30, but if anyone needs me, I'l need at least an hour. Work was bisy today, and I think I'm behind by about five posts (loved the sleepover, though, but seriously... stop picking on poor Lily. It isn't her fault she lacks emotions. Mr. Smooth says, "Hey, baby. I'll help you find your emotional side.")

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Got Albert's post done. No offense to everyone else, you now I love you, bit it was nice to see someone take a beating and still be optimistic. Good to have you back Al. Just don't get too optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.