Lets start a video RP

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
So i was thinking, there are plenty of games I play and stream that could be great candidates for Video RP. I thought maybe gamigon can have a official youtube channel which we can do that. Similar to Odds videos.

Thoughts feedback?

DarkGemini24601

Might be up for it, though we should ensure participation isn't as...ahem, demanding as it is for Story of Defiance sometimes.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Well, I was going to ask what games does everyone like. The main candidate i had in mind was game like Baldurs gate/Icewind dale. Since you can import full character bios you write into the game. I dont think it will be as demanding as some other projects because i am still new to concept.

The reason i like this idea is because with those games you can set Race, class, profession, alignment etc. Gives you all a wide framework to work in.

I am open to suggestions. ideas?

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Well, I was going to ask what games does everyone like. The main candidate i had in mind was game like Baldurs gate/Icewind dale. Since you can import full character bios you write into the game. I dont think it will be as demanding as some other projects because i am still new to concept.

The reason i like this idea is because with those games you can set Race, class, profession, alignment etc. Gives you all a wide framework to work in.

I am open to suggestions. ideas?
This is something I have seen the SolarGamer do and he has his audience write fanfictions for Civ leaders. Some of them turned out cool.

Adrammalech

Is there a party limit? I think that would be our primary concern with an RPG, but I'm unfortunately not familiar with the series. My friends were always Playstation nerds, not tabletop nerds.

Adrammalech

I guess that could work for a first go. I imagine we'll get 2-4 bleedovers from SoD, then space for new guys.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Lets start with this. How many people are interested in taking part in this?

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Ok, so let me explain what i had in mind.
First of all, you don't have to own the game to participate. However if you own the game I will allow you to join me in-game to control the character you create which could add a extra dimension of fun to the game. (game support multiplayer)

Icewind dale is a RPG, it allows for full written bio import, alignment set, name set, class set, race set, profession set. You can really build and role play a cool character.

Since Icewind dale follows a story just like any-other game we would still be stuck within the confines of that world. However icewind dale unlike baldurs gate does not have any inter-party banter of any kind. So you are free to Role play your experiences in the game and what happens.

Thoughts? input? let me know.

Example of gameplay

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Ok, so let me explain what i had in mind.
First of all, you don't have to own the game to participate. However if you own the game I will allow you to join me in-game to control the character you create which could add a extra dimension of fun to the game. (game support multiplayer)

Icewind dale is a RPG, it allows for full written bio import, alignment set, name set, class set, race set, profession set. You can really build and role play a cool character.

Since Icewind dale follows a story just like any-other game we would still be stuck within the confines of that world. However icewind dale unlike baldurs gate does not have any inter-party banter of any kind. So you are free to Role play your experiences in the game and what happens.

Thoughts? input? let me know.

Example of gameplay
I love the idea

Adrammalech

Sounds pretty sweet. I'll have to make a bumbling character to mirror my lack of knowledge :p Although, I'll have to see my time schedule in relation to when we want to start.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
I will begin putting something together for this starting first weekend of february.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Question, i started playing the darkest dungeon. Check it out. Thoughts?

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Question, i started playing the darkest dungeon. Check it out. Thoughts?
I love that game so much! I want to get it but I don't know if my shitty laptop will run it. From the LPs I have watched though, it is an awesome game.