CS:S or CS:GO?!?!

Which Counter Strike version do you prefer to play?

• Counter Strike 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Atom Collider

1239872273_10xv8zn1.jpg

I have been a Counter Strike player since 1.6, absolutely fell in LOVE with the game. When Source was released, I jizzed in my pants the moment I heard about it. Now GO is out and I'm not much of a fan. Most of the popular maps from Source aren't in GO, they changed gun balance, model detection, collision detection, gun recoil, etc.

What are YOUR thoughts on this game? Yay or Nay?

1.6, Source, GO, all have their pros and cons.

What do you think about GO? Do you think it will dethrone Source?

Grelite

From what I've seen GO has more of my style of gameplay, or rather gamesmodes that support that. Then again, I've played very little CS:S.

In the end I'd probably only get the games for the mods, and that's about it.

Atom Collider

Yeah I feel you on that one, but Source does have some pretty awesome mods. Gun Game was created in Source and it's now used in most of the new games that come out. A prime example is "Gun Master" for BF3. I played a bit of GO and I didn't enjoy it, it didn't feel fluid enough to me. I recommend you trying out Source for a bit, playing the custom surf maps and the gun game maps as well. You'd have a blast I think.

Thanks for your input!

Grelite

Yeah, in BF3 I usually spend my first life running myself into enemy lines to find out where every enemy is, getting killed in the process, then in my next life use the intel to own my enemies.

I guess, without regarding the mods, merely looking at the vanilla gameplay, I'd have to say I find GO more appealing. With mods its hard to say.

Atom Collider

BF3 is a lot more tactical then CS I think, but I see where you're going with that. As for running in blind... :p I use the minimap for that XD

Mods make games more enjoyable of course, but I rather play vanilla Source then a modded server rotation. GO does have some qualities that Source didn't have and has implemented some variety in the gameplay, but GO being Source's predecessor; Valve should have done a better job on the game I think.

Grelite

I think you mean successor, but yeah, I suppose.

As for the minimap, of course I use it. It's more about using the fact that you can respawn to your advantage. For-instance making a suicidal push so the rest of the team can advance a stalemate. Of course, what I like most in the Battlefield games is the big shoot-outs with two teams on either side of a corridor or square trying to push and defend. You end up with certain stalemate areas on the map where neither side can advance and some risk takers or creative thinkers have to make tactful decisions to make any change. That's also why I didn't like the Close Quarters DLC maps, because everyone's just running around without much direction like it's Call of Duty.

Sorry for going off-topic ;)

Atom Collider

Oops!! Yes, successor XD Thanks for that, and my first like :p

I completely agree, but I think that's what makes BF3 so awesome. CQ was TERRIBLE! AK was even worse I think. BF3 has been dying out for me now. It was great at the beginning but teams are more incompetent every day, I just feel like it's a waste of my time if I'm not playing with my platoon.

The clusterfucks in BF3 are pretty awesome. I love getting into those and just killing people over and over. You should check out my profile on battle log:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Rusty Syntax/stats/467273889/xbox/

Apology accepted, I got off topic too :p Thanks for your input though :3

Atom Collider

Best FPS ever created, only mad Call of Duty faggots or people who suck at it will say otherwise.

COD players who think CS isn't a "real" game can shove their controllers up their asses :p If it weren't for CS, COD would have never existed :D I totally agree with you.

Ephyra

Call of Duty is a shitty... how do you say it... franchise(?) either way. It's the same with Fifa. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but just, they release the same game ten times, except for slight improvements on the design each time.
And I get bored really fast by Call of Duty, just, run for yourself and get the most kills... No thinking involved.